Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 2105 (Senior)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 14:43 descender

I can only hope that some of you guys get some better sources because it is clear that you only seem to read fake news from Facebook and crazy alt-right websites. The amount of blatantly false information posted in this thread is utterly ridiculous and not even worth disproving. Do better.

P.S. The election is over. If you are still talking about Hillary you need to get your head examined. You are obsessed. It is shameful that the only thing that you've learned in the last 20 years is to hate her at all costs... but that's over now and you'll have to find something else to do. I know it's hard to let go and realize that you have nothing of substance left to talk about other than your hate for her. Let the rest of us know when you find something to actually stand up for.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2016, 14:48.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 18, 2016, 13:31 descender

Need, or want?

Look, they already have the ability to hack into and unlock every device on the planet. What they actually want is the legal authority to do so when necessary. What we need is the legal framework to protect citizens from officially placed backdoors and to restrict what devices may be legally unlocked and when.

We can't just ignore these requests under the guise of privacy. They have very real world consequences and we need to move our laws forward to work with technology, not in spite of it.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 8, 2016, 18:33 descender

I was hoping it would grab a mouthful of fish and hop out :p  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
49. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 8, 2016, 18:17 descender

I'm not asking him to vote for Hillary. I'm just asking him to vote. I don't care if he writes in Mickey Mouse. There is more at stake on election day than just the presidency. The president isn't setting local taxes and laws for your community. The reason the system is so fucked is not because the system is inherently broken, it's because too many citizens refuse to inform themselves about all of their options. The system is broken because no one has been paying any attention to who has been running it.

Not voting is probably the most un-American thing you can possibly do. It's one of the main reasons to live here. People all over the world strive and die for that right every day and we're so spoiled that we throw it in the garbage just like half our food. :/

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2016, 18:32.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal
15. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal Nov 8, 2016, 18:00 descender

Please revamp the combat I don't think I can get through another one of these with 2 useful skills and some hitscan guns.  

46. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 8, 2016, 17:40 descender

Oh, did I strike a nerve? You seem to be self-identifying with that individual I just described. That conscience of yours seems to be feeling a bit guilty.

How would you feel if I told you, you're wasting your vote
But you are doing that and you don't even realize it.

Don't vote. That is your choice, it is simply the cowards choice. I don't care if this bothers you, if you didn't think it were true you probably wouldn't be offended. You really can't come up with any reasons why one of these people should be president over the other? That is willful ignorance at best.

People have died to protect your rights, go out and fucking exercise them and show some respect for those people. Don't play the idealist coward hiding behind the corruption of the system. Make change, don't wish for it.

39. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 8, 2016, 16:41 descender

The senate is more important to hold IMO, and they still have a shot at that. The house has more members giving you more chances of peeling some away from their camps to get things passed (marginal, but shouldn't be as bad as obama). In the senate, this really does not happen at all.

Funny how all of the claims about "election rigging" never seem to mention the actual main reason the elections are rigged, that gerrymandering you just described.

The only thing that is certain is that, whoever wins, we lose.
It's pretty obvious that minorities, LGBTQ folks and women will be far better off with Hillary as president. The only people who can feel like they "lose either way" are overprivileged white dudes who don't understand what is sacrificed on a daily basis so that you can decide to throw away your right to vote. This is not a morally impressive stand, it's cowardice. You will never change the system by ignoring it. Voting for your local politicians (who then become state politicians and federal ones) is the most important thing anyone will do today. Not showing up at all because you don't like the ones at the top is fundamentally misunderstanding how this country operates and why these are "the only options" right now.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2016, 19:15.

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2016, 16:30 descender

We share most of your concerns, they are simply not concerns that would have me risk Trump becoming president over. He is far more dangerous and pretending he isn't is just pure ignorance.

I can deal with a corrupt "worst president". We have systems and laws to protect us from things like that. We can't deal with a facist dictator. Especially one with zero leadership experience (or even worse, bad experience as a failed businessman) or even a rudimentary understanding of how the world works. You may think that is worth the risk of not voting or whatever it is you are doing, I don't.

I am not overly concerned with her emails at all. Don't step into the middle of a conversation about them if it isn't something you want to discuss. Congress has wasted over $15million of taxpayer money just investigating the damn emails and came up with exactly nothing. They are on the hook for wasting something like $50million in total investigating Hillary. What do they have to show for it? Absolutely nothing. Great job, GOP!

I'll protest wars, I'll protest drones. I'll also accept the positive changes that will be made which far outweigh the negative. I'll cheer when Citizens United gets stricken down, and cheer again when marriage equality and roevwade are 2-3 votes safer from repeal.

I actually did not accuse you of not being researched, and I'd appreciate if you didn't do the same. You've simply decided to accept a different set of speculations as fact than I will allow for... but a lack of research is far from the reason I think the way I do.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2016, 16:36.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 15:50 descender

The entire country is basically structured that way. The suburbs are all red and the cities are all blue. There are reasons for this, but most of them are not nice.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 11:09 descender

I wish I had your optimism. The crazies that support him will be back in 4 years...they're not going to magically disappear.

This is so unfortunately true. Imagine what will happen next time around when someone without Trumps baggage picks up his message and runs with it.

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
45. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 8, 2016, 10:55 descender

You rush through the games as fast and efficiently as possible, never stopping to actually enjoy them, and then grind the endgame.

So you want to grind the midgame instead? Now I'm wondering if you actually even played D2. The only thing you could do to advance in D2 after you finished Nightmare was the "end game" of act 4/5. The only mobs that dropped any meaningful items were the bosses.

I really don't understand that at all. Having spent 12+ years in cubicle jobs, I really don't need another grind like that.

You are the one asking for more randomization so you can keep playing the game ad infinitum. You don't need perfectly random dungeons unless your intention is to grind the game forever...

Actually no. When your game needs a "tutorial", instead of simply letting you play it and slowly learn, it is REGRESSIVE in design.

Actually, no. That allows more people to be able to play the game, which is the goal of all games. No one cares how cool you think you are that you can figure games out on your own.

I care about class-specific items. I want mage to carry items that a fucking MAGE WOULD CARRY to enhance his MAGE POWERS.
There are class specific items all throughout the game. You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

but then D3 went and fucked it up, by removing the notion of builds entirely
Yeah, this complaint is just mind numbing. You like that they added "re-speccing" but somehow think that means they also removed "builds". It's clear now that you have absolutely no idea how D3 actually plays and just ride the hate train with petty semantic complaints. Good times.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2016, 15:08.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2016, 23:53 descender

They are absolutely enforceable. Where would you get that idea? Some parts of them may not be enforceable, depending on where you live, but they aren't making you click on that agree button for the fun of it.

Education is always the answer. You don't get better privacy laws without it.

43. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 7, 2016, 23:29 descender

It was not perfect, but unlike any of the endless Diablo clones that followed over the next decade, it actually lasted for a long long time.

There is one reason for that longevity, it's name is Battle.net or... it was... It had nothing to do with D2 being "perfect" in any manner of speaking. Plenty of those clones were far superior ARPGs, but none of them had Blizzards new multiplayer juggernaut backing them so you played them and moved on.

where a mage's spell is powered by the physical damage of the axe he is holding...
Why in the flying fuck does it matter what particular stat scales the spell damage? If it's a damage stat or a modifier or the color of the armor? You can't possibly care that much where this stat comes from and it absolutely does not matter in any way.

Poorly randomized dungeons, no reason to spend any time in town, no control over town portal placement, no custom stat controls, inferior system of elemental damages, muddy/confused characters created by a pretentious 7th grader, moronic/incomprehensible plot, generic music, washed-out graphics with no sense of taste or direction
The music/graphics complaints we will have to just disagree, it looks and sounds just fine. The need to have old unnecessary gameplay features like town portals, identifying scrolls, unadjustable skills, considerably more grinding (due to the need to raise more characters for more builds) we will also have to disagree on. None of the things you are asking for would make the game more fun to play, only more tedious. Maybe more randomness in the dungeons but honestly I don't even really care about this. Even if D2's dungeons were more random, no one cleared dungeons more than once anyway, you would just bumrush the bosses. You can fight high level bosses in adventure mode in every dungeon of the game in D3, not just act4/5 like in D2. I don't want to play any game that much again anyway. Maybe the story is stupid, most video game stories are stupid. It's a game about demons and hell. It's not Shakespeare and it never was in the first place (or the second place). I played D2 for thousands of hours and I couldn't tell you what most of the story was, it's simply not important. The tutorial level and story being integrated into the game better in D3 is a direct result of both technological and design progress, to think otherwise is absurd. Tons of design changes in D3 are for the better, and when they steal some ideas from their competition (like PoE) for D4, it will get even better.

I don't have to fool anyone. 30+million people bought and played the game. I have played with thousands of people online and had lots of fun doing it. It's much better now than the last time you (maybe) played it. It's Diablo 3. You aren't getting anything else. It's been 4 years, how many more posts about how much you don't like D3 have to be made? Some people are rather enjoying it. Calling them names and ridiculing the game doesn't make you a bigger person.

42. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 7, 2016, 22:34 descender

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 7, 2016, 21:54 descender

No one works

No one has to work. I feel like that is an important part of it. The basic tenant that people love from Capitalism is the ability to strive for more. With a basic income structure this is still entirely possible. It is simply not required to survive.

It is a massive shift in resources though, I'm not exactly sure how to get there.

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2016, 21:08 descender

Firstly, you can take that Project Veritas stuff and shove it. They have been repeatedly debunked and exposed as having faked their releases. That you would even mention it (and your second source is a meme...) really shows questionable judgment in your sources of information.

Do you not understand that saying things like "take political bribes for the Clinton Foundation" is just "repeating the lie"? There is no proof of this. This is pure speculation. If there was ANY proof of this they would both be in jail.

My head is not buried in any sand. I'm just not naively offended something someone might have said once in a private conversation. If we released all of your email to the public, would you not be embarrassed by a single statement in it? To hold anyone to that standard is absurd and wrong.

You've seen hundreds of thousands of private conversations of hers and this gossipy nonsense is the best anyone can come up with. It's weak and desperate. She is going to be elected tomorrow. There is no smoking gun coming. Everything about her that could possibly be dug up has been, and it has been found lacking.

Being willing to believe all of the stories about Hillary with no convictions, but turning a blind eye to the biggest enemy this country has ever faced is ridiculous. There is a reason to blame Russia for things, they do them.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2016, 21:45.

News Comments > Steam Redesign
3. Re: Steam Redesign Nov 7, 2016, 20:54 descender

They are going to have to add a ton of filtering features to ever get me to stop using the web-front with the Enhanced Steam plugin. Hopefully, this will eventually result in a redesigned of the Steam app itself.  

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2016, 20:50 descender

Maybe he doesn't want to go there because he's afraid

This simply does not hold water. He was living in Sweden while leaking the information and he was not fleeing the country because of it. Why is that suddenly his motivation?

He publically states that he is afraid to leave the embassy because he will be extradited back TO Sweden BY England. If he was actually worried about getting black-bagged back to the US... the UK could do that on their own... so why would he be worried about getting sent to Sweden at all?

There is no circle to my logic, you've completely misunderstood his reason for fleeing the country in the first place and the statements he has actually made.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2016, 20:41 descender

You aren't forced to do anything. You are given a choice every single time you install something. You've probably already agreed to all sorts of this data collection because you don't read the EULA's for every single piece of software you install. Seems backwards to complain about them implementing things you've agreed to. You were given a choice, you already chose not to defend your rights to privacy by installing it.

Software has had hidden telemetry functions in it for decades protected by the licensing agreements required to install it. The only difference now is that they are actually broken out into their own component services so that you can disable it. The story here isn't that you can't turn this stuff off, it's that you can. At least they are doing that now.

The developers aren't going to change what they do until people do. Your fight should be with people who blindly accept license agreements. Educating them is how this gets fixed, not just complaining to the single corporation that is responsible for this single instance.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2016, 20:26 descender

We have emails to remove all doubt

No, you actually don't. You have absolutely nothing but emails containing normal campaign gossip. There isn't a single criminal thing in any of the emails. That's why she isn't being charged with any crimes.

You've been had by your poor source of facts... but go ahead and keep "repeating the lie" as was just discussed :p

2105 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo