Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 2426 (Senior)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 25, 2017, 04:24 descender

What a typical "I know better so fuck you" response. You can't get into a point by point analytical argument with me over religion KXMode, because you can't. I have actually studied religion and not just your favorite book. Study of religion has nothing to do with your Bible. You claim to have "studied it all", which is a complete and utter lie, because you apparently learned nothing in the process. You studied thousands of religions and decided the one you already believed in was right? HOW CONVENIENT!

In other words, come back and say the same things after you have studied the Bible at considerable length.
How about no? How about you go learn rudimentary science that is taught to 10-year-olds and stop making up controversy where there is none? Stop looking for answers in a stone age pagan worship of hypocrisy and ignorance and positing the existence of the book as evidence that the book is right? Maybe you need to study something other than the Bible and learn how to stop projecting your belief in a single book on other people and other topics to which it is completely irrelevant.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2017, 05:24.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 25, 2017, 04:05 descender

No. You need to study things other than the Bible and learn how to stop projecting your false beliefs on others.  

News Comments > Everything Released
17. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 24, 2017, 18:10 descender

This viewpoint is quite literally an association fallacy because they base this conclusion on the premise that stars of our sun's size and age typically exhibit signs of cooling. And yet, contrary to all scientific thought, they can't explain why the sun is burning hotter now than at any point in the past 1,000 years.

What the fuckity fuck? This is just blatantly false. No one is confused by the science behind an aging sun but you. You don't put any effort whatsoever into finding the scientific conclusions to things that you bring to question. Your lack of understanding doesn't preclude the existence of the evidence. Stars burn hotter and expand as they age until they collapse, and everyone (elementary school children are taught this) but you seems to be aware of this. Your statement is so wrong it could only have originated as a talking point on some religious truther website, and you didn't even bother to check to see if it was accurate. This is what happens when you blindly accept a text as truth and are willing to regurgitate it without verification. Every last ounce of science can be verified and repeated, or it isn't science.

I'll put my confidence in a book that has a flawless record of getting predictions right.
The Bible has made exactly zero verifiable or accurate predictions. Zero.

What have you found in that book that explains how the laws of thermodynamics work? Where is the chapter where it explains how gravity or light reflecting off of a mirror work? You see, there are no "answers" in that book at all... Where is the page that explains all of the amazing things that can be accomplished with carbon nanotubes? Your apparent belief that a book that "hasn't changed in a thousand years" has answers to modern day problems is just batshit crazy. You are literally saying that you are unwilling to take in any new information because it doesn't appear in a religious text. You should just admit as much, you would get a better reception. How is it that you use a computer? Surely the technology required to design such a modern marvel doesn't exist in your bible... so how does a computer work? More questions that your book can't answer.

I have never disrespected any of you

You disrespect all of us, and the entire conversation every time you put your belief in a fairy tale book up against referential evidence. You just posted blatantly false and easily verifiable information for what purpose? To perpetuate a mystery around things you choose not to understand. This thread started because of your dismissal of one of the greatest philosophical minds of our time because he called out religion for what it is. Simultaneously, you stand here claiming to be smarter than everyone else in the room because of blind faith in your particular brand of philosophy. You should just stop lying to us about all of this "religious research" that you clearly have not done because no rational person could study dozens of religious texts and come to the conclusion that one particular book in the pile "got it all right". No part of your opinions on it seem to be well thought out, and you make blatantly incorrect assumptions about science that could only come from indoctrinated and ignorant sources. You are obsessed with finding meaning in false narratives while ignoring evidence based research right in front of your face.

Your "faith" (read: ignorance) is now causing you to make ridiculous assumptions about fundamental scientific facts. Stop it.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2017, 18:36.

45. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 24, 2017, 16:24 descender

You don't have to have faith or belief in science, science is merely a process that produces evidence. Science doesn't require belief because you can be shown how and why it works or else it isn't science.

Of which, mine is based on historical evidence

No, it isn't.

There is absolutely zero evidence that any of the mystical things mentioned in your religious text of choice actually happened. There are a few references to actual historical events and civilizations that existed at the time but zero evidence to support any of the mystical claims made by the writings.

Actual historical evidence only shows that humans have been reinventing and stealing similar religious stories for millenia across thousands of different religions. There is zero evidence to show that any of them are actually accurate or true or possess any verifiable knowledge of a living deity. That you would or could be so naive to believe any one religious text in the face of insurmountable evidence that your book is neither original nor special... that's faith. Having "faith" in any particular religion is essentially being willfully ignorant to historical evidence.

13. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 24, 2017, 11:42 descender

religion as a form of psychotherapy and sees the Bible as "the world's most dangerous book."
Religion is absolutely a form of psychotherapy designed to control morality and to make people feel better about their insignificant place in the universe. Religious texts indoctrinate, deceive and require faith beyond observable reality. They are absolutely dangerous and history has shown exactly how correct he is in that assertion. No single book, text or idea is responsible for more death and destruction in the modern world than the Christian Bible.

I'm not surprised by your response at all. Shutting out information you don't agree with is par for the course when it comes to religious fanatics.

Science only explains the HOW. The Bible explains the WHY.
You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Science is a process, not an idea, who's entire purpose is to explain "how" and "why". "How does this happen" or "Why does this happen" are the major tenants of scientific research.

The bible "explains" absolutely nothing and require suspension of rational thought for acceptance.

11. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 24, 2017, 08:23 descender

Everyone should listen to more Alan Watts, it would be good for you. Especially someone who has to fight himself to stop spouting nonsensical gibberish about his particular brand of Christian oppression... Some eastern philosophy might just blow your mind.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2017, 08:37.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 24, 2017, 08:15 descender

It's still illegal to smoke in public in Colorado, or on any state lands.

Source: Was just in Colorado smoking last month. You have to go to a smoking lounge and pay a fee to get in, it's the only legal way for visitors to partake after purchasing.

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer and Interview
4. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 24, 2017, 08:13 descender

Color me unimpressed so far, this game needs a LOT of work. Muddy indistinguishable graphics, hard to tell which friggin gun you are even holding without firing... and lots of gunplay/lag issues. Rockets seem to fire out of a time machine. Also, makes you click a button to respawn every time you die which is just bizarre.
It's not all bad, but something is definitely off.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
19. Report on comment 1131750 Apr 23, 2017, 11:13 descender

murder has actually shot up substantially in America over the last few years
5% from an already historically low rate, not what I would call significant. Just as likely to be due to police murders now actually getting reported as murders than any angry black man effect you've dreamed up.

owing to the Ferguson Effect, and the consequent depolicing
Not a thing that actually "caused murders" and not a thing that actually happened.

improving trauma care has a lot to do with the long-term trend of falling murder rates.
Only expected to depress fatalities by 3-4% per year, insignificant.
You can't only look at the murder rate to determine overall decreases in crime because there are clearly other factors that depress the murder rate that still involve a crime being committed. Also, you can't wipe away a 40% reduction in murder rate over the last few decades with a 2 year increase.

Crime rates have been subject to a lot of book-cooking, while murder rates have not.
Absolute pulled out of your ass nonsense. You don't like the crime statistics so you ignore them for the one type of crime that has shown an increase over your convenient time period.

Rehabilitation works because it works, not because of your latent racism. Recidivism rates are what you should be looking at, and are why the US penal system is such a complete and utter failure.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2017, 13:41 descender

It's the most superior, and more importantly has the most traction.

DV had the most traction until the biggest panel manufacturer just signed on with a giant content provider to offer their own version of HDR. Samsung may have literally just won HDR with this move, this is exactly how products like BetaMax and HDDVD lost the war.

This is exactly why you never buy-in to tech like this until the dust settles and the actual content exists.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 16:46 descender

Well, if they know what region the key came from and I'm not logging in from that region or accessing an account located in that region...

It would be quite trivial for them to block someone like me right now. Especially if they distributed a certain amount of keys to each region for load balance testing and don't want a bunch of Russian keys logging in to US servers.

Their announcement in the launcher says it opens again on the 21st at 10am, not tomorrow.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 16:20 descender

Yeah, it's almost as if you wouldn't come here to spout off your opinions at all if you weren't looking for validation or trolling for arguments.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 16:17 descender

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 15:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 15:20:
Really? Don't see how Hernandez is worthy of a mention. A murderer who took a shortcut out of his punishment.
We should be thankful because he just saved taxpayer dollars.

And he still didn't choke as bad as the Falcons...

Badum bum.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 16:13 descender

I just grabbed a key from that Russian site with a throwaway email while logged into my VPN and was able to activate it to my regular Bethesda account, so it isn't region locked or anything. Downloaded and installed Champions... *shrug*... TBD if it actually works on the 21st when the beta opens again.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 15:04 descender

Every time you use the word "leftist" you look a little bit dumber. At least we found out that Alex jones was only pretending to be a conspiracy waving nutjob... you seem to have bought the farm.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 16:17 descender

Do tax brackets work differently in Germany? Or does it just mess you up because you are filing for the year in advance?

In the US, moving between tax brackets only affects the income inside that bracket.
Ex: 3 tier tax system, 10% @ $10k, 20% @ $20k, 30% @ 30k
ONLY $0-$10k gets taxed at 10%
ONLY $10k-$20k gets taxed at 20%
ONLY $20k-$30k gets taxed at 30%

That's just one of my pet peeves having listened to this conversation in offices all my life. Way too many people seem to think that you can earn "too much", end up paying more in taxes and "take home less"... it's just mathematically impossible for that to happen. They think that if you earn $20001 then every penny you earned gets taxes at the higher rate and that's not how it works.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2017, 16:37.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 15:20 descender

Hah, well... every one of his comics is a bit of a stretch :p

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 14:51 descender

You know you write a good comic when there is an entire website dedicated to deciphering your madness.

http://www.explainxkcd.com/

Hawaii and Alaska Arizona don't observe DST, so he is saying they are the only "honest" ones because other states would have a 23 and a 25 hour day every year. Those 2 states are still wrong in certain years when leap seconds are added.

I had to check it too, I was quite confused.

edit: listed the wrong state

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2017, 15:19.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 13:55 descender

Lode Runner!!@%!#^

I played the shit out of that game as a kid on an Atari XE.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 18, 2017, 07:42 descender

If your sole desire in life is to be wrong all the time and sound like a buffoon when you speak then, by all means, keep at it.

I think we can do better regardless of how much you personally do not care.

2426 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo