Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 2164 (Senior)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > AI War II Announced
3. Re: AI War II Announced Oct 10, 2016, 21:06 descender

I heart AI War so much, I hope they make this... but I can't beat an 8/9 combo yet so I have plenty of time to spend getting better in the old one.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
65. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 20:34 descender

The entire concept of dogfighting space battles and a single piloted craft travelling amongst the stars is utter science fiction and you're worried that they are inspired by the most popular forms of it?

Given the nature of courtrooms these days, the lack of that lawsuit existing must point to either the Dune copyright holder appreciating the nod or not caring. As if a copyright holder would not sue in this day :p

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 20:30 descender

The stupidity on display here does boggle the mind. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama could not have possibly have had less to do with "Iraq" and if they went against the status of forces agreement you'd probably all be calling for them to be impeached for that.

The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement was a status of forces agreement between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008.

This agreement was presumably negotiated by Rice who was actually Secretary of State at the time. The withdrawal of troops from Iraq began in December 2007, while Bush was still president.
Along with a passive approach to Syria (rather than the aggressive approach Clinton actually recommended to Obama), this created the vacuum that allowed ISIS to rise up. Obama/Clinton actually had to extend the deadlines put in place by Bush/Rice or the troops would have been pulled out of Iraq even sooner. Who knows how much worse it could have been.

This is the real world. This is what actually happened. None of this is up for debate or in dispute. These are what facts look like.

Forget a low IQ. Your disassociation from reality is what they refer to in the medical field as "insane".

News Comments > Prey Trailer
5. Re: Prey Trailer Oct 10, 2016, 19:55 descender

They aren't following the storyline from the first game at all in this reboot mr snarkypants. They were before it got canned and "rebooted". Now it is some other pitched game that got labeled "Prey".  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
62. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 19:25 descender

Do other publishers hold the copyright on sand and mountains? I've pretty certain that you both would have made your same post no matter what it looked like.  

News Comments > Prey Trailer
3. Re: Prey Trailer Oct 10, 2016, 19:24 descender

Prey was a gimmicky FPS that does not deserve any of the hype that this sequel has been dragging behind it in the mud. It simply wasn't that good and they are cutting out the ONLY GOOD PART (the story).  

24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 19:21 descender

Yes. Progressives are always on the right side of history. It's time you got your head out of your ass and joined in the fun. It's the only thing that has made the world a better place to live. You seem to prefer third world countries run by dictators? The will of the people seemingly holds no bearing on you.

Collective power and consolidated power are not the same thing and I'm sure explaining it to you is a waste of time since you've dodged every other question I've posed.

Since you are now just blatantly misrepresenting what I said, I guess we're done here. You were so close to having an actual conversation... oh well. At least you seem complacent in your role as the selfish asshole.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2016, 19:50.

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 18:37 descender

That "limited government" you pretend to seek is not a thing that can either be achieved or that you would actually accept at any level. It's a bullshit argument put forth by people with no solutions to any particular issue. Just having "less" isn't an answer. That's a hatchet job with no possibility of effective change.

The days of small limited government control are basically over and they have been since a few hundred million people inhabited it. This isn't the wild west anymore, we are ("the good guys") trying to push forward as a society and that means everyone hunkering down and paying their fair share to be part of what is easily still the greatest country in the world to live in for any random individual. That doesn't mean allowing greed to run rampant in the economy and shitting on those less fortunate than you. That means using our collective power to raise up those less fortunate than us.

You are judged on how you treat the weakest people in your society. Hanging them out to dry because you don't want to buy into the system basically just makes you a selfish asshole with zero foresight.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2016, 18:45.

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 18:00 descender

I only wish I could be on the side of the whiners and complainers that only posit problems and never solutions. What do you even suggest to resolve the actual issues of this government (which you seem to barely comprehend through your fog of conservatism) short of violent revolution?

There is no amount of government that pleases people like this, they see any regulation or rule as an act of tyranny and it's insanely childish.

If you don't understand how the government can be improved by putting people of QUALITY into elected office then the entire concept of governance is lost on you.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2016, 18:09.

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 16:19 descender

If you are disillusioned with the system you are more likely to find anyone involved in it "corrupt". Is there even a politician in Washington that anyone would point to that they can definitively say has never taken an ill dollar or miscast a vote? Of course not, it's an absurd standard that you wouldn't even believe if someone told you a candidate actually qualified for.

This idea that an "outsider" is needed to "fix the system" is dangerous and wrong. We need better people in the system to fix the system. That starts with local elections and trickles up to the top... not the other way around. If you know more about the presidential candidates than the mayor of your town and the governor of your state... you are doing it wrong.

The idea that the media is "stumping for her" is just laughable. The Trump campaign is a dumpster fire, what else should they be doing other than pointing that out? Was is still a "liberal media" when they were giving Trump billions of dollars worth of free press that helped him win the GOP Primary in the first place?

I don't find the fact that Trump will "probably lose" to be that comforting at all. There are apparently ~30million people in this country that are willing to vote for an inexperienced misogynistic racist pig of a man mostly out of spite... and that is terrifying. There is no equivalence here at all.

Clinton has as you said... political baggage. Half scandals and accusations and "being a career politician" are not remotely on the same level of "problems" as Trumps promoting of hate, fear and distrust among the American populace or his complete inexperience and lack of success in any aspect of life outside of his inheritence.

Clinton isn't the best choice, we all know that. Trump is possibly the worst choice we've ever been presented. There is a huge difference.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 14:49 descender

No, it's not "her" plan. It's the "right" plan, and she happens to agree with it.

raise taxes on people paying for their broadband connection so that she can give "free" internet to so called underprivileged people.

This is not the plan. At all. Feel free to actually read it. Can you point out the part of that plan where your fear of "socialiasm" was triggered? I don't see anything in there about giving out free internet, just like you don't get free power or water at your home. That's a pretty ridiculous conclusion to draw from this.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 14:18 descender

Hilary came across as another slimy/lying politician

Why do people keep saying this? Hillary made no statement on the TrumpTapes stuff for three days and then Trump, who has actually cheated on multiple wives multiple times (even raped one) dragged out "accusers" from 3 decades ago that have never once been able to get a judge or lawyer to take them seriously... as if this was some sort of counter to the horrible things that have been revealed about himself this past week... and then he continually blamed Hillary for "bringing these scandals up" when it was the moderators and the people asking the questions who brought them up... and Hillary was the sleazy one? That's quite a leap.

You are aware that these debates are fact-checked all over the internet and if you think she is lying when she actually isn't... that might not be her problem? Well, I suppose it might be a "her" problem... but being accused of things is not the same as actually being guilty of them. She answered the questions the people were asking, she defended herself from some ridiculous accusations, she's been fact checked by half the internet and didn't actually lie about anything major during either debate... so I can only question your ability to identify sleaze and lying. It was clearly on display last night, but it was certainly not coming out of her microphone.

It's pretty clear to me at this point that (just like racist people did with Obama) there is just something about her that people don't like and makes them irrationally despise her. I can't put my finger on what it is because she is probably one of the most qualified people ever to run for the position. She has been fighting off accusations from "the establishment" for decades because for some reason they just don't seem to like her. She has been thoroughly investigated time and time again and she has been exonerated or found guiltless basically every single time.

Maybe someday she will be able to figure out why everyone dislikes her so much. In the end, maybe people will just have to admit that they are a tiny bit misogynistic... even if they may not realize it.

I'm not claiming her to be a perfect saintly candidate, every presidential candidate in history has done and voted for things that people disagreed with... but when people proclaim her things like the "most corrupt politician ever", to me that really just highlights naivety and not a well thought out opinion.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2016, 13:52 descender

Loving WW so far.

They claim they're roadmapped through 5 seasons.

That's great news... There is nothing worse than a show that becomes popular after the story was fully written and then they try to lazily tack on more seasons.

... Nothing except a show that had the story mapped out in advance and but then never got to finish (Carnivale/Deadwood/etc).

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 13:44 descender

Having access to the internet be determined by private corporations has been an absolute disaster. We pay a ridiculous amount of money for internet access compared to the rest of the world and the lack of industry regulation is a large reason for that. The internet should absolutely be treated as a public utility. This would guarantee service connections to all citizens and properties, just like we do for power/water. It would also give you the freedom to choose what content providers and gateway services you actually want to pay for and use rather than being locked into whichever one company happens to provide the service in your area. Breaking up those monopolies and putting the control of the internet infrastructure back into the hands of the people is extremely important.

The government is just people. It is not naturally corrupt, inefficient or incompetent. If you want better government then elect better people. If you want better policies then elect better people. Show up to a midterm election. Be an informed voter and vote for your local officials. If you only show up to vote for the president every 4 years (or worse yet, don't even shoe up for that), you have absolutely no right to whine about how corrupt and inefficient the government is. You are not actively participating in its creation.

Electing a person who has "no plan" and no clue whatsoever about... basically anything? That's a fucking horrible idea. Every job in the world has qualifications and requirements for a reason... you would never EVER consider hiring someone to do a job the way people are suggesting that we elect the president.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2016, 12:30 descender

I'm starting to understand his faith in crowdfunding! It's like peeling an onion.  

News Comments > Battleborn F2P Rumor
13. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Sep 30, 2016, 09:31 descender

The same satisfying boarderlands-like gunplay

You and I played a very different Borderlands. :p

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 30, 2016, 09:03 descender

Videosift is the best way to be 3 days behind internet pop culture :p  

News Comments > Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears?
14. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 13:11 descender

The only way to do a HL movie properly is FPV (think blair witch/cloverfield/that one doom scene) so I don't think the Gordon actor is that important... If I had to pick someone I'd probably pick Joseph Gordon-Levitt for HL1 storyline and Gary Oldman for HL2.  

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
43. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 27, 2016, 23:04 descender

Which will we get to see first? Derek's "sources" or Trump's tax returns?

By the time they are revealed, will either even be relevant anymore? Biggrin

Wait that should probably be Bigcry ...

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
87. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 27, 2016, 18:56 descender

It's hard for me to take any of these posts seriously so that one is no different.

There is plenty to dislike about the way the project has been handled, and now people should know why you don't just give money over blindly to developers and why they need to go through proper methods of funding so they can be held legally accountable. The incessant whining from people refusing to learn that lesson is getting really fucking old though. Has CIG missed deadlines? Yes. Do you know why? Because they can. They have no one to answer to anymore because the people who bought $100mil worth of make-believe ships let them off that hook.

The original "backers" got fucked by a failed KS project. This isn't anything new... but CIG didn't "fuck up" in any way by taking all of this money people were willing to hand over essentially with no questions asked. Blame the people who bought these ships direct from CIG, they are the real reason this project hasn't been released yet.

There is no merit in the methods people have used to attempt to smear CIG. Bring me facts with sources about how CIG is being mismanaged, don't just throw as many accusations at the wall as possible as you can make up so that it becomes impossible to defend against them. dicksmarts ridiculous speculation and accusations and childish threats of lawsuits have no business being part of that discussion.

In the end all of this belly-aching will be just that. The game will either release or be cancelled, on its own schedule because that's their right. The worst case scenario for them is losing a court battle over the $3mil in KS money. No amount of whining is ever going to change that now, they are literally playing with house money.

2164 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo