Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1925 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 18, 2016, 23:11 descender

In Windows 7 you were not a real admin until you disabled UAC and magically got "real" admin privileges. In Win 8.1 you're pushed one step further - you need to disable UAC and then edit security policies. In Win 10 you may think you're admin, but your preferences do not matter, they can be reverted at any moment, and things will be done behind your back.

Most of the shit you post is crazy... but this is just hilariously wrong on multiple levels.

Stop using up all the tinfoil, some others here still need hats.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
55. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 18, 2016, 13:51 descender

When Halo 1 was released it basically had zero competition and that was a major reason for it's success and popularity. The epitomes of FPS-Story (Halflife) and FPS-Combat (UT/Q3) were both 2-3 years old at that point. Attempting to compare them is pretty pointless, especially given the rapid advancements in technology around that time period.

You could compare Halo 2 and HL2 (and maybe UT2k4), released in 2004... I'd still pick HL2 every time. HL2 mods CS:S/CS:GO and TF2 are still crazy popular to this day. UT2k4 multiplayer... enough said.

Halo 1-3 won the "console FPS war" in dorm rooms, their success entirely hinged around their multiplayer. Their campaigns got more convoluted and worse with every release... and even Halo 3 multiplayer still didn't really hold a candle to what Q3 Arena/UT were doing 8 years prior. If you think it did, you probably play a lot of console games.

Then Reach came out and Bungie/Halo you knew was dead.

More people would have a favorable opinion of the early Halo franchise if all of the ports to PC weren't such terrible shit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2016, 15:18 descender

So glad I never got into drinking coffee. When I drink anything with caffeine in it I notice right away.

Not the first time I've seen a study come across that says that drinking coffee in the morning is pointless and that you would be "just as awake" a half hour later anyway.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2016, 15:24.

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
53. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 17, 2016, 14:47 descender

It really depends on what number they are pulling from howlongtobeat.com. Games like Clicker Heroes/Time Clickers, Kerbal Space Program, Football Manager, Space Engineers have hundreds of hours in their entries depending on the category. Harvest Moon says 2000 hours(?!) to completion...

http://howlongtobeat.com/stats_more.php?s=Longest_Games

He still must have an absurd amount of games, but apparently also all of the long ones :p

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
13. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 16, 2016, 13:58 descender

Why would you pay $60?
Why do people keep saying this?!
THE GAME IS ONLY $40!!

If you paid $60 for the console version (lol) or the extra fluff.... then you deserve to be out that extra $20 :p

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
11. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 16, 2016, 10:42 descender

Mmmm 8v8 CTF would be an awesome addition  

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
21. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 15:22 descender

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745285677#post-12

Jeff Kaplan talking about what they are working on.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
63. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 15, 2016, 15:06 descender

You are literally the nitwit making shit up on the internet. Temet Nosce.

The internet never forgets.

20. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2016, 14:28 descender

What is the mental block around the price of Overwatch. It costs $40. No one is referring to a console version. Sony and MS protect that price point dearly.

Your impatience for changes you prefer does not sway me. If you don't like the maps that is a personal preference I don't agree with.

@Liberty - No one is flying off any handles, stop being dramatic.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2016, 14:36.

17. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2016, 12:50 descender

Having played both games extensively, I simply do not understand what you mean.

TF2 launched with 6 maps. Some people played considerably less maps, congregating on 2fort/CP/KOTH-only servers. People (presumably you) played those 6 maps repeatedly for a year before any new ones came out.

Overwatch has literally twice as many maps and 3 times the character classes that TF2 had at launch.

15. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2016, 12:17 descender

Held off on this one because the gameplay seems so surface (no depth).

What the hell does that even mean?

21 different classes to choose from vs 9 with "item drops"... yeah. I don't think you understand "depth".

I would guess that they will eventually drop weapon mods or replacements. TF2 survived for how many years without them? Completely unnecessary.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
61. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 15, 2016, 12:12 descender

Remember when he said he was going to release crippling information and sue them out of existence? How's that working out for you? Still holding on to it for the imaginary lawsuit you aren't filing?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2016, 10:52 descender

Some people are just not crazy until they are. Blaming it all on mental health is a good way to hide from the other things that could be changed to limit exposure and accessibility to cause such chaos.  

12. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 09:45 descender

I'd still like them to include a simple scoreboard on TAB or something, where I can see individual frag counts.

No! I hope they never, ever add this. The lack of a K:D ratio being displayed is the only thing keeping people remotely focused on objectives.

News Comments > Battleborn Adding Microtransactions
13. Re: Battleborn Adding Microtransactions Jun 15, 2016, 09:43 descender

Selling XP boosts makes me believe that isn't all of the unlocking you'll be doing.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
56. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 14, 2016, 11:43 descender

Pointing at people using words like "weak" and "lame" to criticise something rather than anything with substance wasn't the best idea.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
37. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 17:18 descender

"Esports support"

That was the sound of the cart running over your horse.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free DLC
5. Re: Cities: Skylines Free DLC Jun 9, 2016, 14:10 descender

It's not realistic, the cars will merge into lanes well before and cause "stupid traffic" when there's clearly lanes available to forward progress.

Have you ever driven a car before? People tend to do exactly the dumbest thing possible at all times. Roads and traffic patterns are hardly ever laid on in the "most logical way possible" due to land rights and such, so maybe it's a touch of realism in a different way.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 8, 2016, 11:14 descender

It would be nice of the desktop PC industry to hurry up and finish not dying before other technologies get in line behind it to not die.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2016, 10:21 descender

Turn AA off and see if it stops crashing. That always seemed to fix Gamebryo engine crashes for me if I messed with any HD texture packs or modified the ini's too much.  

1925 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo