Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 2263 (Senior)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2017, 16:38 descender

No, you are equating them by not understanding the difference between being charged with one crime vs multiple crimes.

In the US the mandatory minimum for murder is 25 years. The maximum possible penalty for "copyright infringement" is 5 years. How does one equate 5 years with 25 years?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2017, 15:38 descender

That's because you only get charged with 1 count of murder, but you usually get charged with dozens of counts of piracy hacking and whatnot. You can't really equate the sentence of committing 1 crime with committing 10+ crimes.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2017, 12:02 descender

Just found out yesterday that I am also going to be moving to the Southeastern Pennsyltucky area for basically the same reason that you are, Blue. We may have to convene for some smoked meats, chili and beers.  

66. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 23, 2017, 15:44 descender

If you start off by taking an assumption as fact, like "Jesus was actually the messiah", then you can easily be led to believe any number of vague passages foretold his coming.

The prophecy you referred to in the first paragraph doesn't even actually make any claim that a "messiah will be born in Bethlehem".

“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
though you are small among the clans[a] of Judah,
out of you will come for me
one who will be ruler over Israel,
whose origins are from of old,
from ancient times.”

"Bethlehem Ephrathah" is an old tribe of Isreal, not the literal town of Bethlehem. This is how simple it is to get mislead and think someone may have "proved" things through the correlation of vague statements.

There is no actual "scientific evidence" that anything spiritual claimed in the bible is actually true. There literally can't be if you understand what "scientific evidence" actually means. This means repeatable, verifiable proof of a concept. If there was proof then it wouldn't be considered faith, it would merely be an understanding of fact. They wouldn't be keeping it to themselves hidden behind vague prophecies, they would be shouting from the rooftops that they finally had something tangible to point to as existence of a deity.

There is, however, plenty of research and evidence pointing to the allegorical nature of religious texts and how they all reflect ancient pagan sun worship. There is plenty of proof that the "gospels" were written hundreds of years later and the entirety of the Bible was cleansed and re-written by the Romans.

This is kind of what I was talking about in the other thread... Religion in all it's forms is highly susceptible to human interference, revision, and denial. Throughout history, the texts have been changed to suit those in power. There is no way to know if any part of it is in it's original or intended form, how could something to fallible be the word of an infallible being?

This can't and doesn't happen with "scientific" experiments. You don't have to trust in the literal or metaphorical interpretations of anything, every scientific experiment can be repeated and "proven" whether you believe it is true or possible... or not.

13. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 23, 2017, 14:35 descender

But Dolphin never got Wii Motion Plus emulated correctly last I checked, and certain games just never worked anyways (like Metroid).

Yes and no... Wii MotionPlus actually does "work" through the emulator, but you have to have a Real Wiimote/Dolphinbar to make it happen. They haven't translated it to a regular gamepad yet. Since we are talking about legally ripping our own games and we already have Wiimotes *cough* the Dolphinbar only costs $25 on Amazon and it's pretty great. Is it worth it? Debatable, as you said very few games ever really utilized the MP so unless you want to play Wii Sports Resort, Skyward Sword or Red Steel 2 then you can get by with most games on a regular pad. The Steampad works really nicely with it so you can emulate the gyros and pointer.

Metroid works fine for me? I've been playing the Wii Trilogy pack. I have played a ton of roms on it and the only real problems I've come across are Wii Sports Resort crashing between events, Guitar Hero emulation speed being inconsistent (my CPU probably) and some old EA gamecube games like MVP 2005/SSX Tricky crashing/glighting wildly. XC definitely still has some audio glitching that just won't ever go away... but most Wii games work pretty well at this point.

8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 23, 2017, 12:17 descender

then play it upsampled to 4K on a gaming PC attached to a HDTV via Dolphin emulator

Can confirm, best way. There is even an HD texture pack for it.

What strange sports fans you guys are. You don't change what team you root for just because you move, that's just silly. :p

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 23, 2017, 09:28 descender

Do you take off all of your door locks just because there are people in the world that can pick them? Of course not :p Most security only needs to be good enough to stop the laziest hacker/thief along the way.

Google just demonstrated an SHA-1 collision for the first time... so the digital security world is about to be turned on it's head anyway.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 22, 2017, 12:49 descender

I don't 'get' the edge phones either, but I can easily tell anyone that owns one exactly how their phone will die :p

What is it that you can do with stock android that I am missing because I have a Touchwiz S5? Seems like much of the bellyaching about Touchwiz goes back to far older versions where it was actually slowing things down, but that isn't the case anymore. You can disable all stock/preinstalled apps now as well.

News Comments > Steam Adding 10% GST in AU
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 22, 2017, 12:14 descender

They already have a few localized Steam storefronts. NZ and Canada are two I can think of off the top of my head. They sell (mostly) everything, but they sell it in the local currency.  

News Comments > Steam Adding 10% GST in AU
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 22, 2017, 11:45 descender

1) Valve is adding this to comply with Austrailian tax laws. They have no choice. The days of tax-free e-commerce are coming to a swift end across the world.
2) Valve rolls the cost of the tax into the displayed price of the game up front, rather than adding it as a "tax" at checkout.
3) Valve doesn't determine the cost of games on Steam, the publishers do. Publishers could choose to set lower regional pricing in Austrailia to offset the tax.

What they really need is a localized AUD store so they wouldn't get killed on the exchange rate on top of their local tax laws. Doesn't Canada already have this? You aren't "getting hosed by regional pricing", you are getting hosed by your exchange rate.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2017, 12:12.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. Re: Next Overwatch Hero Greek? Feb 21, 2017, 10:36 descender

They haven't patched Windows 7 this month either. All Feb patches were pushed back to March 14th. I'm guessing there is an infrastructure problem with WU, it wouldn't make sense to hold back the entire patch schedule from both OS's because of one item they could remove from either package.

This is only the 4th "patch tuesday" that MS has missed with "patches ready" since 2003, so it's not something that has become an issue lately... the last time they missed a scheduled patch was in 2007.

News Comments > Next Overwatch Hero Greek?
17. Re: Next Overwatch Hero Greek? Feb 21, 2017, 10:05 descender

What is there to even be offended about? The boy-loving part I guess? Greeks sexing up little boys must be one of the oldest jokes in history. Being able to see that they are generally hairy and love olive oil are really weird things to be offended by.

Racism and stereotypes aren't the same thing. I've no time or concern for people being offended over jokes. Most PC idiots are only interested in suppressing speech without even attempting to understand the message they are suppressing. The idea that "only right wingers can hate PC culture" is absurd. I think most people here know I am a staunch supporter of free speech, even if that speech is shitty.

It's a tragedy what modern Greece has become
So you would say that it's a Greek tragedy? Thanks, I got a new book of PC Dad jokes and I'll be here all week. :p

91. Re: Next Overwatch Hero Greek? Feb 21, 2017, 09:33 descender

The fuck is wrong with you guys... Maybe both of you assholes should just stop telling other people what and how to post. "I don't have time to read that" Gooooo fuck yourself? Is this the most childish response to a conversation that you could come up with?

If you don't have time to read full posts... no one gives a shit. Don't read them, move on. Don't tell us, we don't care for or want your commentary at all. Stop berating the guy for participating in conversations and being passionate about a subject.

If all you can ever muster is 2 lines of text in response or give his opinion 30 seconds out of your day, maybe that says more about you than it does about him. Don't have time to participate? Don't hold that against the people that do... you aren't a better person for having less spare time.

This whole thread is just people complaining about what other people post. Worry about what you post... ignore the ones you don't like and move on with your lives.

15. Re: Next Overwatch Hero Greek? Feb 20, 2017, 20:25 descender

Yeah, I was actually looking at that same list but obviously didn't count. I'll be more careful with my adjectives :p

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Next Overwatch Hero Greek? Feb 20, 2017, 17:16 descender

If coaching were as easy as calling plays they'd have eliminated that job years ago. A majority of a coaches job and influence happens before and in between games, not during it.  

12. Re: Next Overwatch Hero Greek? Feb 20, 2017, 17:15 descender

Pretty much every state has a law that either requires employers to either accommodate voting through scheduling or pay up to 2 hours for employees to go vote. It's really the "dog ate my homework" of voting excuses.

It is incredible how much GOP strategy revolves around less people voting.

9. Re: Next Overwatch Hero Greek? Feb 20, 2017, 17:10 descender

Jokes?! On the internet?! OH MY GOD!!!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 20, 2017, 15:15 descender

And no one seems to recall Karl Rove deleting 22 million white house e-mails back in the good ol W Bush years.

Double irony, the one they are currently using is still literally that same server.

Triple irony, I read that the Trump campaign email was run on an unsecured 2003 exchange box.

'Scuse me while I go punch the wall.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 20, 2017, 10:32 descender

The anti-lucio. Just a hairy, down on his luck DJ in an anarchy t-shirt and a gas mask who runs around slicing people with his now useless ATM card that he has turned into a shiv. He lures people in with olives and goat cheese and then smears shredded lamb in their face while he sexes up their son.

Too real?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
17. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 20, 2017, 10:23 descender

Or are you saying that manufacturing news for the sake of manufacturing it, isn't fake news?

The abundance of fake or sensationalistic news on the internet doesn't mean that all reported news is fake or "manufactured". An intelligent person can discern the difference between hype and reality and does things like actually check sources to verify stories. Trump "hears things" and repeats it without ever checking and then blames the source. He literally gets all of his news "from the media" and then complains that the media is all fake and lying... except that one channel he loves? Except the stories he believes?

Are the leaks real, or is the news fake? It can't be both.

No one is "targeting" him. He is putting giant targets on his own back by not answering direct questions and lying his ass off about stupid, trivial and easily disprovable things. They are reporting things he is actually saying, verifying things he is putting forth as facts and not taking his bullshit and he can't do anything but whine about it and call them "the enemy".

If a leader calling his nation's free press "the enemy" doesn't raise huge red flags for you, then you need a fucking history lesson.

The media reports things you don't like, get used to it. Prove that stories they are putting forth are fake by providing evidence that they are fake not just by whining that it's "all fake news". Trump has never provided any evidence or an actual source for any claim he has made against basically anything or anyone. Yet he has convinced you that "the media" who almost always provides sources and backs up their claims is the one lying to you. How gullible do you have to be fall for this shit?

2263 Comments. 114 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo