Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 2426 (Senior)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Quake Champions Duel Mode Revealed
6. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 18, 2017, 13:45 descender

It might be wishful thinking to expect any drastic changes at this stage in the beta.

They only attempted to make Q3 with some half-assed class system... and that's all we are going to end up with.

Maybe once they start releasing some maps that aren't 20 years old I'll have a more positive opinion of what they did here... but until then they have essentially only added a poorly thought out class-mod to Q3 and I don't understand which part of that I'm supposed to be enticed by.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 9, 2017, 20:28 descender

Which Nixon mistake are you referring to?

IIRC, firing Cox was what started the cascade of leaks against Nixon that got him impeached. He was already under investigation, but the move to fire the FBI director caused more people to come forward.

Now you've got me wondering if I am remembering correctly /scurries off to learn more

19. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 9, 2017, 18:47 descender

jdreyer wrote on May 9, 2017, 18:30:
Comey is out. Very Nixonian.

The question is really... will it be the same mistake that Nixon made? There's always hope.

News Comments > Quake Champions Open Tech Test Friday
10. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 9, 2017, 18:07 descender

but even if it were a literal direct mechanic port of quake 3 i don't think quake live purists would pick it up

TBH my biggest gripe is that it's too much like Q3... like waaaaay too much like Q3, except without all of the UI polish and clean graphics.

So much so that I am feeling zero need to play this after the beta is over. The only innovation here is their business model.

News Comments > Valve Outlines Steam Inner Workings and Future Plans
16. removed May 9, 2017, 17:59 descender

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 10, 2017, 08:30.

News Comments > Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released
8. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 9, 2017, 15:25 descender

Bundy wrote on May 9, 2017, 15:03:
The game kinda quickly hits a point to where you run out of planets to colonize and points to build more frontier stations or whatever they're called. Then you kinda just sit back and do tech for a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long time, until you can do another small expansion or someone with 10X your fleet strength shows up and says they're going to kill you for no reason.

That's great info, do you think it would be fully fleshed out enough to not hit that stale point with another expansion? Or is this as good as it's going to get? I've been holding off on this purchase knowing what CK2 turned into.

News Comments > Valve Outlines Steam Inner Workings and Future Plans
9. removed May 9, 2017, 13:07 descender

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 9, 2017, 17:22.

22. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 8, 2017, 13:55 descender

Not even certain where a good one in NYC is

The Lincoln Square IMAX is basically one of the best places in the world to watch a movie... if it weren't for other people :p

3. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 8, 2017, 12:55 descender

Yeah Cutter, they totally should have voted for that nazi shithead instead!

You are unbelievable.

13. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 8, 2017, 08:44 descender

I wish there were more options for seeing it in IMAX but not in 3D.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 5, 2017, 15:22 descender

Negative, they lost their tax-exempt status a few years ago.  

News Comments > Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D
10. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 5, 2017, 15:09 descender

Wolf3d had Kill %, Secret % and Treasure % at the end of each level, along with an average at the end of the game.

I have been playing through the new DOOM lately, and some of the secret hunting in that has me feeling the nostalgias. The old school vibe of the game is just incredible.

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 27, 2017, 11:24 descender

I think it is, based on current information, very rare.

Hydrogen and Oxygen are two of the most abundant elements in the universe. Hydrogen is expected to be something like 3/4 of all observable matter in the universe, and Oxygen is third on the list behind Helium.

Water (H2O) is widely considered the most abundant molecule in the universe (outside of H2 and O2) because it is comprised of the most common elements possible. Helium is inert and forms no molecules.

"Liquid water" is likely a fairly rare occurrence because it relies on a specific set of temperatures and pressures to exist, but H2O is everywhere.

12. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 26, 2017, 16:07 descender

That's a weird line to draw... South Park is pretty widely accepted as intelligent satire. Almost every scene/episode is about something other than what is visually happening and they touch on a lot of very important topics.

Family Guy is a perfect definition of stupid humor. Crude, poorly thought out jokes slapped together with no overall theme or message. Pretty much the opposite of South Park, which may be crude on the surface but that's purposeful and taking a "skin deep" look at the content.

Rick&Morty is definitely closer to South Park style humor, IMO. You've drawn a difficult line, there aren't too many shows that are "smarter" than SouthPark. South Park is an excellent dissection of American life and pop culture. Rick & Morty is an excellent dissection of Science Fiction tropes.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 26, 2017, 13:02 descender

Why is Defender even on in the first place? Oh, you're one of those special turds that don't use a real AV.

There is something seriously wrong with your install if all of those settings changed, I've not witnessed that on over a dozen machines. Almost sounds like your appdata folder didn't carry over, or you have registry corruption.

There is certainly something to be said about people that fuck with their installs too much, disable too many things they don't understand... and then wonder why they can't update properly. "It's not you" seems wildly inappropriate here.

edit: As to my shuffling background syndrome... I think my problem is related to the mirror driver for Teamviewer or Logmein... my home machine still won't cycle individual images. I could probably use a fresh install, I haven't done that since the original 10 upgrade.

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 25, 2017, 15:09 descender

The latest release is my favourite as it's a "The Company.pl" release, which means it's completely PC portable and can be loaded up on a PC just by using the EXE. Pressing F12 brings up extra menus, save states and filters. The down side is it's the old 2.5 version which may or not work on Windows 8.1 and can flag a virus warning (Don't worry it's clean)

7. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 25, 2017, 14:36 descender

? Weird. I've got Witcher 3 screenshots slideshowing on multiple monitors without issues on Win10.

Up until now, I had to use the old CPanel page (control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper) in order to get the slideshow to display different images on each monitor. Originally W10 would just shuffle the same image to every monitor.

Maybe they patched it up earlier and I just missed when it happened. I just noticed it was working when I docked my Surface at work. Weird indeed.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2017, 15:04.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 25, 2017, 14:29 descender

Witcher 1 is free on GOG due to some Ars promotion.  

2. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 25, 2017, 11:43 descender

*None of this actually happens with the Creators Update because Redeye doesn't know what he's talking about.

Lots of welcome additions and fixes in this update. The single best "my use case only" update is that they finally fixed the multi-monitor slideshow bug, so you can rotate different backgrounds on each screen without a 3rd party app again. The scaling fixes on surfaces/4K screens are also great.

News Comments > Everything Released
20. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 25, 2017, 04:47 descender

Stop whining about the conversation turning religious. Take responsibility for the things you post and the way people respond to them. When you attempt to dismiss all of eastern philosophy as "beatnik" while peddling a relatively modern religious fad like "jehovahs witnesses", then you are going to have to answer to that.

That must be the most dishonest dipshit google search for an answer that I have ever seen. "29 million results" are you fucking with me? Do you have any idea how search results work? I guess you couldn't find that page in the bible to explain it to you. "sun getting hotter sun getting hotter scientists" LOL... are you serious?!

The point is the radical heating up of the sun flies in the face of what scientists accept as the norm today.
NO IT DOES NOT. None of the google results in your link even remotely support that position. Did you bother to read ANY OF THEM?! Try "why is our sun getting warmer" and then actually click on a link and read it! I'll wait.

They can't explain WHY the sun is heating up.
They quite literally know why our sun is heating up. This is exactly how stars work as we understand them. Oh, you couldn't find the ideal gas laws in that book either? Man, it sure is missing a lot of "why" isn't it? Your willful ignorance is astounding. The answers are out there, you have chosen not to find them because they weren't written down by a Roman 2000 years ago.

It took scientists 100 years to proved Einstein's general theory of relativity. In all that time, it could not be verified or repeated until they proved it correct. See the hypocrisy?
Uh... NO. You have absolutely no idea how "science" works at all.

"THE THEORY OF RELATIVITY" was literally only considered a theory (just like String theory is now) until it was proven to be correct, and it can be proven correct the same way every time because that's how science works. You willfully misrepresent scientific theory as fact so that you can claim it isn't fact. I'm sorry, but that is just not how it works. Again, science is A PROCESS that utilizes experimentation and measurement to find verifiable results. If something is found to be wrong, it can be immediately dismissed. You don't have to argue with someone over "why" it was right or wrong because you can simply show them.

The Bible only explains the WHY; something science continues to struggle with.
No, it does not, and if it does then you are asking the wrong questions. Why does water freeze at a certain temperature? Not in the bible. Why is the sky blue? Not in the bible. Why does potassium and water react the way it does? Not in the Bible. There is literally no "why" in the Bible at all unless your question is "why have woman and gays been oppressed for centuries?".

Very rarely are actual scientific facts proven to be "wrong" because it actually requires proof for something to be considered a fact.

How dare I question its validity.
This truly exemplifies how much you don't understand science. Science is questioning, it is experimenting and testing and proving things true or false. There is no right or wrong in science, only what you can and can not prove. No faith, no blind acceptance, only results. Religion is the exact opposite. No results, no way of testing or finding out the answer... just blind acceptance of the translation of the text you've chosen.

One of these requires critical thought, the other merely requires a pulse.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2017, 05:09.

2426 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo