Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1925 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 22, 2016, 18:07 descender

The Netflix windows store app is also basically the only way to get 5.1 surround sound (your choices are the store app or edge)...

Better quality video and audio... What a shit app! :p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 22, 2016, 13:48 descender

Sadly banning people like Milo seems to be their priority.

As it should be. Banning one asshole doesn't mean letting another go. They can all be banned.

These threats were made via facebook, but it is not facebook OR twitters job to investigate threats and prosecute people. If a reported post violates TOS then they ban/suspend as is in their control to do. The person being threatened is responsible for following up and pressing charges as Blizzard did here.

News Comments > Pro Pinball Ultra Released
6. Re: Pro Pinball Ultra Released Jul 22, 2016, 13:26 descender

This sounds like a pretty terrible remake, missing a few key features (like camera angles) and lots of performance complaints that make the price tag just an utter waste of money.

PinballFX2 (crazy tables) or Pinball Arcade (realistic tables) are the only way to fly.

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 22, 2016, 12:25 descender

Yeah... do you have any idea how the internet works?

Google doesn't have anything to "search" without KAT existing first.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2016, 12:55 descender

I'm pretty sure you don't understand how torrent trackers work. :p
Or how Google works either...

69. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 12:45 descender

In fact you CAN walk into a courtroom and say "people are doing something so I should be allowed also". It's called "precedent".

Sure... you can say that, but it won't work.

Stop trying to conflate what Milo did with what Leslie did. Basically no one ever been banned from twitter for posting mean things. He got banned for repeatedly violating the TOS and for using twitter as a platform to incite people to attack someone. That's not just grounds for termination of a twitter account, that's illegal.

She can say all the mean things she wants, it has absolutely nothing to do with this. There is no double-standard here. Just another lunatic that doesn't actually understand the rights and laws he pretends to defend.

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 16:08 descender

It had absolutely nothing to do with "ghostbusters".

This dickless wonder was banned for leading a mob of hate-filled assholes to attack someone on the internet. Yeah, kudos to him for raising the awareness that bigots and racists still exist in this world.

There is no place in society for people like him, or people who agree with the things he does. These cowards have absolutely no clue what the first amendment is or what it protects. He certainly doesn't deserve any "praise" and I can't actually believe someone did just that.

The blanket dismissal of BLM/feminists/etc is really driving home the point of who you are as a person though. How'd you slip through that filter?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2016, 15:22 descender

That's the "clutch" button that turns the free-wheel mode on/off. Not bindable, it's a physical button. Both PerformanceMX and MasterMX have the same button.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2016, 14:48 descender

Yeah, I think they call that "confirmation bias". Technology has changed, it's simply not a real thing anymore. There is a 1MS difference in latency between a 500mhz wireless mouse and a 1000mhz wired mouse. You simply can't detect that difference.

Size/weight? I can understand that... but there is no reason to look for a wired mouse anymore just because it's wired.

EDIT: Apparently the MX518 was actually one of the "worst" gaming mice ever made. It has a "prediction" feature force-enabled in the drivers that screws up accuracy due to angle-snapping. This feature was disabled in the newer G400/S.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2016, 15:04.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2016, 14:25 descender

You guys are way too attached to old wired mice. Logitech Performance MX or the new Master MX are incredible. Great battery life, works on every surface, no latency issues.

You don't game well enough to tell the difference between wired and wireless mice, stop it. It's hilarious that they've managed to sell as many of these "progamer douchebag" mice without people realizing that they are utterly pointless.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 19, 2016, 14:19 descender

At least it looks like Wired stopped with the full page "stop using an adblocker" thing they had going for a while.

Still wouldn't recommend lining to such a shit site though, half the Wired articles are paid advertisements.

This stuff with the Melania speech is just hilarious. Did the GOP actually get rickrolled by an intern speechwriter? What a clusterfuck.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
22. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 14, 2016, 18:49 descender

Beamer wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:38:
Google engineers say this is false.

Yeah I'm see this now making the rounds as well... oh well. :/

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 14, 2016, 13:48 descender

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 12:47:
Removed it from the kids phones. They used up their monthly data in less than a week. Too many dangers associated with it too.

Tip: Go into Google Maps and download your home area (you should be doing this anyway if you use google maps). PGO will use the cached map instead of constantly re-downloading maps. Google says this doesn't work. nevermind.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2016, 19:31.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit
24. Re: Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit Jul 13, 2016, 16:47 descender

I'm holding my fire button down as hard as i can!!  

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
29. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 15:43 descender

It would not be the same! You don't just lock one FOV and change the other!

21:9 in OW literally runs at a lower vFOV RIGHT NOW than it does at 16:9 because it is limited by hFOV of 103. This moves the viewmodel closer to the screen at 21:9 than it is at 16:9 and does not break anything. You just can't see as much of the gun.

If they raised the horizontal limit to support 21:9 at the same vFOV as 16:9 is currently (probably FOV108-110 would match it), they would also need to allow 16:9 to use FOV110 too or it wouldn't be "fair" due to the ability to see farther to the sides. If a 16:9 player then increased his FOV to 110, this would push the viewmodel farther away from the screen and BREAK IT because it would be displaying parts of the viewmodel they never intended you to see.

You can't possibly increase one without increasing the other. Your field of vision is a bubble that operates at a fixed ratio.

They would have to adjust the way every viewmodel is displayed in the entire game to match the new maximum hFOV setting.

Please stop giving me the wikipedia version of how FOV works.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2016, 15:59.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit
21. Re: Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit Jul 13, 2016, 15:38 descender

As for it not being a widespread issue, that's literally why they're changing it in Ranked.

You don't read so good.

I literally just said "I'm not denying that it is an issue in ranked play, that is literally why they are changing it."

They don't consider it a widespread issue in quick play, that's why they aren't changing it there.

Sigh.

27. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 15:33 descender

There are technical reasons for setting an upper limit to FOV like broken viewmodels, rendering glitches and lower framerates overall.

What I actually said. It was an example of what types of things could be causing the reason for them to not change the FOV that you've wasted a lot of posts picking at for no reason.

The reason they have stated: "That it would be unfair"
This does not explain why they can't increase the FOV limit to match the higher FOV of the 21:9 players at all.

25. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 15:21 descender

Yes, you're right, a 16:9 screen is going to have the EXACT same vertical FOV as 21:9. So again, there wouldn't be any issues there.

What? There is obviously an issue with it being any higher than 103 since they limit it to 103 for everyone. They don't want to only increase FOV for 21:9 giving them an advantage, so they would have to allow the increase for everyone and that must not work or they would just do it.

If there was a valid technical reason, they probably would have said so. But I guess you know better right?

I certainly don't know but I'm not the one making up reasons as to why they should be able to "just do it". What possible reason could there be for them to not do it if it's as easy as you seem to think? Isn't it far easier to just change the slider limit to 110 than to go out of their way to tell people they aren't going to do that even though they could? There must be some other reason, and why would that reason be anything other than technical in nature?

The biggest issue they are going to introduce here is directly swapping heroes with someone mid-match will require coordination. Hopefully they'll implement a way to request a switch to a character already in use or a way to queue up the next spawn as that character.

19. Re: Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit Jul 13, 2016, 15:15 descender

Just because someone did it once and put it on youtube doesn't mean it's a widespread issue. When I see it happen in a quick play game I'll let you know. I'm not denying that it is an issue in ranked play, that is literally why they are changing it.

All I see in most of these videos is one well organized team beating another unorganized team. The stacked heroes are not the only cause of it. They are communicating better than the other team is and that team will most likely win any game.

Bastion, zenyatta, reaper, zarya... these are powerful counters that makes this 6 DVA thing pretty moot anyway.

Read the click through: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20746674467#1

They explain why it's only important to change this in ranked queue.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2016, 14:21 descender

Costco is one of the most disorganized and terrible places I've ever tried to shop. Stuff is just laying around in piles all over the place and most of the shelves and top-stock make no sense.  

1925 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo