Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1328 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month
8. Re: DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month Dec 26, 2016, 18:53 Mordecai Walfish

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 15:12:
MacLeod wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 13:52:
I don't even understand why they went with NES looking graphics, when they could have went with a version that looked like the original arcade Double Dragon, which had way better graphics than the NES version.

same here.. makes no sense other than the fact that the NES artwork is super easy to recreate and animate in comparison

btw - if anyone is interested, there is a new game in the River City Ransom series coming out, https://www.facebook.com/rivercityransomgame/

it looks really good - the art is 8-bit, but its extremely well done in terms of animation and variety and art design and all that

i think its going to be the same kind of open-world rpg-lite game as the old ones were, but you can pick from a roster of like 20+ characters or something, and they all have different sets of moves - like street fighter or mortal kombat, etc

Ark System Works just became the publisher for River City Ransom Underground, so both of these games are in very capable hands. River City Ransom Underground is gonna blow this Double Dragon throwback out of the water though. They're doing an incredible job on that game, and as a day one backer from their kickstarter, I can't wait to finally play the game. RCR was also one of my favorite NES games without a doubt. Double Dragon looks like it's just trying to ride the current wave of NES nostalgia that's been so profitable this holiday season. RCR:U on the other hand has completely original artwork/animations and looks fantastic.

Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of The Lions (PSP) , River City Ransom Underground (PC) , GTA:V (PC) , Owlboy (PC) , Everspace (PC)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GRID for Free
19. Re: GRID for Free Dec 23, 2016, 15:59 Mordecai Walfish

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 15:53:
Steam itself acts as an intermediary service that other sites can use to verify your identity. It's like how most mainstream sites let you login via Facebook for comments or whatever. You are not giving your login credentials to that site, they are sending a request to Steam asking, "who is this guy, does he have an account with you, can we see his basic info?" Upon receiving that requests, Steam has you login on their website as normal and it sends back the reply, "yes, he is johnnygamer29, he owns this many games, blah blah blah."

I actually am not sure why Humble Bundle does that anymore, though, since the Steam API no longer supports automatically redeeming keys. That was a good trick for them before, where you couldn't even access the actual raw CD key, so people couldn't re-sell them. They give you the key for this free copy of GRID, though it says there's an expiration date for the end of the month... Not sure if that means the key will become invalid or it just won't give you one if you don't claim it on HB by then.

The keys will not work on steam anymore after that date. With all the reseller fuckery they are really doing a lot of different stuff to circumvent 3rd party sellers.

Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of The Lions (PSP) , River City Ransom Underground (PC) , GTA:V (PC) , Owlboy (PC) , Everspace (PC)

News Comments > GRID for Free
11. Re: GRID for Free Dec 23, 2016, 08:14 Mordecai Walfish

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 02:48:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 21:52:
Very nice, Humble. I picked this up earlier today, whilst pondering the Steam sales.

For those of you concerned about giving your Steam info, you usually have to anyway for any Humble purchase that has Steam as a requirement.
I mentioned earlier, being hesitant. Guess I hadn't bought from Humble before. It must have been other sites like Bundle Stars, which never ask for such info. When GOG offers free games, they want your Steam account so they can see what games you own. So I never took the free/matching offers. Nor have I ever given my Steam info out to anyone. I'll just wait, it's apparently $2.70 during sales, so that's reasonable. Too bad it's not CooP.

Gratz, too all they got it for free!

Humble bundle made this change to prevent it's free and discounted offerings from ending up on game reseller sites like g2a and kinguin. The purchase or giveaway is tied to your account so it cannot be re-sold. Previously if they did something like this, they would have people creating a gazillion accounts and getting the freebie to sell elsewhere.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 15:09 Mordecai Walfish

GRiD is free from humble bundle right now, and for the next 24 hrs:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/grid-free-game

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin
4. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 15:06 Mordecai Walfish

GRiD is free from humble bundle right now, and for the next 24 hrs:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/grid-free-game

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 21:30 Mordecai Walfish

LOL

from the comments of that star citizen article:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UpYsOwlGY

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 15:49 Mordecai Walfish

This is what CDPR proposed to the Polish government to get the $7 million. Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be ridiculous. Seems like #1 is just them saying "pay us for doing more of what we already do". Let's just hope "cinematic feel" doesn't translate to a 24/30 fps lock. lol

City Creation

Comprehensive technology for the creation of “live”, playable in real-time, cities of great scale based on the principles of artificial intelligence and automation and taking into account the development of innovative processes and tools supporting the creation of high-quality open world games.

Seamless Multiplayer

Comprehensive technology enables the creation of unique gameplay for many players, taking into account the search of opponents, session management, replication facilities, and support of a variety of game modes along with a unique set of dedicated tools.

Cinematic Feel

Comprehensive technology for providing a unique, film quality RPG with open world, also taking into account innovative solutions Process and unique set of dedicated tools.

Animation Excellence

Comprehensive technology enabling a significant increase in quality and production of complex face and body animations for open world RPG games, also taking into account the innovative process solutions and a unique set of dedicated tools.

News Comments > ASTRONEER Early Access
10. Re: ASTRONEER Early Access Dec 17, 2016, 22:15 Mordecai Walfish

this looks terrible. hire some fucking texture artists already.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
37. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 22:12 Mordecai Walfish

I already bought all the ships so I technically beat the game already.

See you suckers in Star Citizen 2!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 17, 2016, 06:15 Mordecai Walfish

I've had a 4790k for almost a year now, and with the original stock heatspreader and stock speeds, it would go over 90 degrees at load easily, temps shooting up ridiculously quickly. Since I popped this Noctua NH-D15 on it, I have been over clocked @ 4.7 GHz 24/7 with temps never going over 70.

They need to provide adequate cooling for their processors out of the box, and if they're going to skimp on the TIM as well, at least make it easily replaceable. These chips are expensive, and they deserve better.

News Comments > On Overwatch Mei Skins
12. Re: On Overwatch Mei Skins Dec 17, 2016, 05:58 Mordecai Walfish

if you listened to everything your 'fans' on reddit posted, no matter how good your game is or how minor the issue they have, you would soon realize that the entire fucking project and the life you have been living up to this point in time, is 100% mistakes  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Import/Export Update
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Import/Export Update Dec 14, 2016, 00:41 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 22:42:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 22:28:
Except you can't do any of the new free roam lobby jobs unless you're in a public sever... Rockstar really starting to piss me off with the public lobby only shit.

Ran into that when I tried to do some of the stunt stuff a few weeks ago. Kept throwing me into random groups. No thanks!

If you're talking about the Stunt Races, you shouldn't fear public lobbies at all really. I've played hundreds and have only ever encountered one cheater. More opponents make the races more fun as well, and those new Rockstar Verified Stunt Races (the ones made by the community) are fucking awesome.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: The 10 best Star Wars games in the galaxy, ever Dec 14, 2016, 00:37 Mordecai Walfish

yuastnav wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 02:52:
Irrelevant list because there is no Jedi Outcast.
How could they not include the Dark Forces series? I understand that the first Dark Forces was just a shooter but no game has done lightsaber fighting better before or after Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast.

I'd play Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy any day, the former especially for the multiplayer and the latter for the singleplayer (mp in JA is a buggy mess, afaik there has only ever been ONE patch that fixed minor things, shame on you Raven Software >:( ...)

Knights of the old republic were also really good games. Of course it's typical EA that they had to completely ruin it and make a MMO out of it. Bunch of utter morons. The second kotor was better, though. Better story, more interesting characters. Doesn't mean the first one isn't good. No, it's superb! But I guess I always liked Obsidian's story writing more than Bioware's, although their games are always a buggy mess (here's looking at you Alpha Protocol - such an interesting concept ruined by terrible shooting mechanics, a myriad of bugs and one of the worst PC ports I have ever seen).
Hope I'll be able to find some time to buy and play Tyranny over Christmas.

I really wish there would have been a sequel to Republic Commando. Another hint that the author has absolutely no idea what he is talking about when he says it feels more like a Tom Clancy game. But then again he probably only saw the new games. Because when it comes to tactics then Republic Commando is nothing like Ghost Recon or Rogue Spear.

Unfortunately I never played the older games, like Tie Fighter etc. so I cannot say anything about those but how the hell is Star Wars X-Wing Alliance not on that list. Instead you get Pod Racer (not that it's a bad game, it was actually pretty good but basing a game on one of the more boring parts of The Dark Menace is kinda weird - or just a cash grab). Just go home, Gerald.

I also thought that the omission of Dark Forces made this list irrelevant. That game was not only one of the best Star Wars games, but one of the best FPS games of it's time as well.

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month
8. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month Dec 11, 2016, 04:12 Mordecai Walfish

Rigs wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 17:57:
Anyway, at least Jim (fucking) Sterling (son) will be happy, he (fucking) adores this game. I could never get into it even though I love roguelikes. But I'm more into the actual ASCII-type 'pure' rogues, like Brogue (which is awesome on an iPad, btw!), the original Rogue (which is extremely hard to get into) and stuff like Dwarf Fortress's Adventure-mode, along with newer ones like Caves of Qud, COGMind, Claustrophobia, and ADOM...

Pixel Dungeon is a free rogue-like for android (prolly costs $ for iOS) that recently got released on steam as well. Many good variants also, like shattered and sprouted.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2016, 06:45.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patched
15. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Dec 7, 2016, 22:20 Mordecai Walfish

Kxmode wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 18:01:

7-11 was a part-time job!

FTFY

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2016, 08:54 Mordecai Walfish

Just saw that a new single player Mechwarrior title (Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries) is in the works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A

About fucking time.

Looks like it's using unreal engine, which is a bit of a surprise considering it's being made by the same team that made Mechwarrior Online, which used Cryengine IIRC.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Reported cases of webcam blackmail double, are linked to four suicides. Nov 30, 2016, 17:22 Mordecai Walfish

Crazy, I just saw the 3rd episode from the 3rd season of Black Mirror last night, which was based on this kind of blackmail. Been really impressed with the new season so far!

News Comments > Delicious Overwatch Cheater Tears
7. Re: Delicious Overwatch Cheater Tears Nov 30, 2016, 17:00 Mordecai Walfish

Darks wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 16:31:
Jamil20 wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 15:45:
This is why the whole ladder system means absolutely nothing. The people at the top are all cheating.

This is why I absolutely despise and hate PVP. It takes away from the devs putting real time into creating a real game instead idiots running around swinging their dicks to see who can be top shit head.

LOL. Most of the people at the top are also streamers and on well recognized teams who play competitively. I wonder if this is just confirmation bias leading you to say these things, or perhaps you actually do have a 20-gallon tinfoil hat picking up on all these signals?

News Comments > INSIDE Demo
8. Re: INSIDE Demo Nov 29, 2016, 07:59 Mordecai Walfish

It was a short ride but truly one of my favorite games that came out this year. In particular, the atmosphere they created in this game is extraordinary.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
22. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 19:14 Mordecai Walfish

Somewhat related.. they just disclosed the changes coming up for symmetra and some other things to come in the next couple months for overwatch, including a new map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elN-QGyToxM

1328 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo