Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 2000 (Senior)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Intel's "Best Gaming Processor Ever"
26. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 25, 2017, 17:16 Mordecai Walfish

Still dont see any reason to upgrade my 4790k @ 4.8ghz. GPU would be a better investment for gaming at this point, but the only card I'm looking at is the 1080ti, which still costs too much for the performance gain I would get from it. Probably going to take some new game that utilizes the shit out of these new processors to make me upgrade. Cyberpunk 2077 maybe?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 25, 2017, 05:24 Mordecai Walfish

Before UO, I played a handful of BBS door MUDs, and then the MUDs Shadows of Yserbius and its sequels Twinion/Cawdor on The Imagination Network, Sierra Online's "connected theme park". I remember there being a Red Baron dogfighting game on there too, that I played a bit of.  

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 24, 2017, 18:57 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 24, 2017, 14:11:
Still have my Beta CD here somewhere....

Played since beta here too. I especially loved testing the guard perception/detection code when robbing the respawning chests in towns. I was quite the bandit during those times =). Then came Morrowind and I was filling entire Wizard towers with loot after massacring all of it's inhabitants, Sir Lancelot @ the wedding in The Holy Grail style.

News Comments > Gone Gold - South Park: The Fractured But Whole
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 24, 2017, 06:03 Mordecai Walfish

KS wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 19:20:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 03:14:
Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 21:44:
Don't forget to bring a towel!

Anyone want to get high?

I have no idea what's goin' on.

This towel's been mixing Chang Sauce for fifteen minutes. He's clueless!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 22, 2017, 21:17 Mordecai Walfish

Beef Supreme 2020  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
32. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 22, 2017, 20:49 Mordecai Walfish

Just a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy ( <--this one sold well and is crying about the other copies now) of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a ......  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Synthetic muscle breakthrough could lead to 'lifelike' robots Sep 21, 2017, 21:02 Mordecai Walfish

Another fine breakthrough in Mecha-Waifu technology.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 20, 2017, 02:19 Mordecai Walfish

Crazy that modern politics is so fucking partisan that literally any damn thing that people are against can be attributed in their mind to the opposing political party. Fucking looney-tunes.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 20, 2017, 02:16 Mordecai Walfish

If recent history is any indication, Android makers will be lining up to see how far down our throats they can cram Apple's dick too, with this phone's new "features"..  

News Comments > Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Released
1. Re: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Released Sep 20, 2017, 02:07 Mordecai Walfish

Almost 2 years in and Street Fighter 5 still doesn't have some of these core features like an arcade mode. Capcom sure is shit nowadays. Resident Evil 7 was admittedly decent though.  

News Comments > Steam User Reviews Change
5. Re: Steam User Reviews Change Sep 20, 2017, 02:01 Mordecai Walfish

No surprise that when one of their own games (DOTA2) gets reviewed bombed, they finally update the reviews system. A nice addition either way though.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 20, 2017, 01:52 Mordecai Walfish

Glad Okinawa rush got funded, looks promising.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2017, 21:33 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 16:27:
Anyone else watching The Deuce? So good!

*looks down into toilet*

Yep, looking pretty good!

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 16, 2017, 21:45 Mordecai Walfish

If you're using your phone at home a Pi Hole is probably the best option.

Didn't know what else to use on the go, so gonna give Brave a try and see how it works this week. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
16. Re: Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed Sep 15, 2017, 02:39 Mordecai Walfish

I want the new South Park season to have an episode about Star Citizen, with a fittingly comedic representation of both Chris Roberts and Derek Smart, an episode about PewDiePie going full-retard racist, and maybe an episode about the unsigned trust that we give to corporations like Equifax who can fuck over millions at any given time by their fly-by-night security. This needs to happen. =) I bet we'll at least see some commentary about some of this stuff in the new South Park game.  

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
52. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 18:05 Mordecai Walfish

The original poster on Reddit has deleted his account since the reply was made by CIG calling out the fact that his refund was only for $330. Everyone who sniffed this out for what it was early-on turned out to be right.

The Derrick Smart cult is starting to get pretty desperate, it seems.

50. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 17:46 Mordecai Walfish

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:19:
Choachy wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:11:
I like how some people are STILL trying to defend this game...or lack of game. I think everyone who contributed should get a refund.

Why? They knew what they were getting into. I don't think they deserve anything. This is the nature of funding development. It's all of the risk of investing without any real upside. Read the fine print folks.

I put in $35 to the Kickstarter the first week, because I was a wing commander junkie back in the 90's. I'd say the entertainment over the years from the SC threads alone was worth the cost of admission, lol. Probably have gone through over $35 additional in popcorn though, so if I ever ask for a refund it will be for $70 at least to recoup all costs involved.

6. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 11:04 Mordecai Walfish

This sounds more like a targeted hit piece than an event that actually occured. Language like this really makes me doubt the validity of this:

we all know how insane and potentially dangerous the few remaining Star Citizen believers can be. I'll put some juicy screenshots below however.

Doesn't sound like language that a group who put 45k into some digital ships would be using. They obviously had some pretty massive faith in the game and community to spend that much.

Also, the provided screenshots could have been easily created by a 10 yr old with a copy of Photoshop. Not really proof of anything.

What lie are they talking about? Did Chris recently backtrack on a promised feature?

Edit: guess I should have read the other comments before posting, lol. Checking this "additional proof" now.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 02:41 Mordecai Walfish

So much crazy shit in the comments here.. on mobile so not gonna take the time to format and quote everything.

1) If you watched the video of when he used the language in question, it's hard to see how that bridge skirmish is in any way "the heat of the moment". It's a streamer hitting a couple bad shots and missing a bunch more, tucked away behind cover and unable to kill his target. Some pretty basic shit with nothing remarkable happening on either side of the battle. I don't really see any "heat" in that moment at all. Gaming (especially competitive online gaming) does quite often have some pretty heated moments though, for sure.

2) The notion that a white person cannot experience a similar life to a person of *any* different race is laughable at best. How the fuck people come up with ideas like this is beyond my comprehension.

3) If you think only white people took offense to what he said, all you have to do is take a couple seconds and search on YouTube to find out how wrong you are. Step outside of the bubble you've created for yourself and you might see the world is a little bit more complex than the meme you're trying to create out of it.

News Comments > Op Ed
48. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 21:54 Mordecai Walfish

He's a product of his time. Many people feel comfortable interchanging that word with "asshole",and the trend is to go as extreme as possible. Instead of winning against opponents, players say they "rape" them. Things went from being cool and groovy to everything needing to be "epic". It's like mass linguistic hyperbole. When you're a part of the generation that grew up with Xbox live and similar services, and can hear people spewing that language all day long in video games, and then buy the latest single or album that's topping the charts and hear that word a hundred times through it, it's going to effect people in different ways. How much did their parents spend time with them vs letting them sit and play on Xbox live and listen to toxic language all day long? This things permeate the psyche of young people whether they are racist or not, and this is a very non-black-or-white (pun unintended) subject that deserves to be looked at more closely if the first thing that pops in people's minds is "condemnation" when you hear a seemingly normal adult use language like that. It does not mean they are racist, but there will be an army of people there to mediately convince the world otherwise. I know a guy that uses that word to describe humanity in general. It's strange times we live in, for sure.. but throwing around labels on people simply because they do things you dislike or wouldn't do personally, is an diversion from the conversation that people should be having about the core issues at hand regarding this subject, IMO. I have no love for PewDiePie and don't wish to make any excuses for him or others. He obviously did something very stupid for someone in his position, but I don't think it's as simple as blanket "racism".  

2000 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo