Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1971 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Released
1. Re: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Released Sep 20, 2017, 02:07 Mordecai Walfish

Almost 2 years in and Street Fighter 5 still doesn't have some of these core features like an arcade mode. Capcom sure is shit nowadays. Resident Evil 7 was admittedly decent though.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam User Reviews Change
5. Re: Steam User Reviews Change Sep 20, 2017, 02:01 Mordecai Walfish

No surprise that when one of their own games (DOTA2) gets reviewed bombed, they finally update the reviews system. A nice addition either way though.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 20, 2017, 01:52 Mordecai Walfish

Glad Okinawa rush got funded, looks promising.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2017, 21:33 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 16:27:
Anyone else watching The Deuce? So good!

*looks down into toilet*

Yep, looking pretty good!

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 16, 2017, 21:45 Mordecai Walfish

If you're using your phone at home a Pi Hole is probably the best option.

Didn't know what else to use on the go, so gonna give Brave a try and see how it works this week. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
16. Re: Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed Sep 15, 2017, 02:39 Mordecai Walfish

I want the new South Park season to have an episode about Star Citizen, with a fittingly comedic representation of both Chris Roberts and Derek Smart, an episode about PewDiePie going full-retard racist, and maybe an episode about the unsigned trust that we give to corporations like Equifax who can fuck over millions at any given time by their fly-by-night security. This needs to happen. =) I bet we'll at least see some commentary about some of this stuff in the new South Park game.  

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
52. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 18:05 Mordecai Walfish

The original poster on Reddit has deleted his account since the reply was made by CIG calling out the fact that his refund was only for $330. Everyone who sniffed this out for what it was early-on turned out to be right.

The Derrick Smart cult is starting to get pretty desperate, it seems.

50. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 17:46 Mordecai Walfish

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:19:
Choachy wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:11:
I like how some people are STILL trying to defend this game...or lack of game. I think everyone who contributed should get a refund.

Why? They knew what they were getting into. I don't think they deserve anything. This is the nature of funding development. It's all of the risk of investing without any real upside. Read the fine print folks.

I put in $35 to the Kickstarter the first week, because I was a wing commander junkie back in the 90's. I'd say the entertainment over the years from the SC threads alone was worth the cost of admission, lol. Probably have gone through over $35 additional in popcorn though, so if I ever ask for a refund it will be for $70 at least to recoup all costs involved.

6. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 11:04 Mordecai Walfish

This sounds more like a targeted hit piece than an event that actually occured. Language like this really makes me doubt the validity of this:

we all know how insane and potentially dangerous the few remaining Star Citizen believers can be. I'll put some juicy screenshots below however.

Doesn't sound like language that a group who put 45k into some digital ships would be using. They obviously had some pretty massive faith in the game and community to spend that much.

Also, the provided screenshots could have been easily created by a 10 yr old with a copy of Photoshop. Not really proof of anything.

What lie are they talking about? Did Chris recently backtrack on a promised feature?

Edit: guess I should have read the other comments before posting, lol. Checking this "additional proof" now.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 02:41 Mordecai Walfish

So much crazy shit in the comments here.. on mobile so not gonna take the time to format and quote everything.

1) If you watched the video of when he used the language in question, it's hard to see how that bridge skirmish is in any way "the heat of the moment". It's a streamer hitting a couple bad shots and missing a bunch more, tucked away behind cover and unable to kill his target. Some pretty basic shit with nothing remarkable happening on either side of the battle. I don't really see any "heat" in that moment at all. Gaming (especially competitive online gaming) does quite often have some pretty heated moments though, for sure.

2) The notion that a white person cannot experience a similar life to a person of *any* different race is laughable at best. How the fuck people come up with ideas like this is beyond my comprehension.

3) If you think only white people took offense to what he said, all you have to do is take a couple seconds and search on YouTube to find out how wrong you are. Step outside of the bubble you've created for yourself and you might see the world is a little bit more complex than the meme you're trying to create out of it.

News Comments > Op Ed
48. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 21:54 Mordecai Walfish

He's a product of his time. Many people feel comfortable interchanging that word with "asshole",and the trend is to go as extreme as possible. Instead of winning against opponents, players say they "rape" them. Things went from being cool and groovy to everything needing to be "epic". It's like mass linguistic hyperbole. When you're a part of the generation that grew up with Xbox live and similar services, and can hear people spewing that language all day long in video games, and then buy the latest single or album that's topping the charts and hear that word a hundred times through it, it's going to effect people in different ways. How much did their parents spend time with them vs letting them sit and play on Xbox live and listen to toxic language all day long? This things permeate the psyche of young people whether they are racist or not, and this is a very non-black-or-white (pun unintended) subject that deserves to be looked at more closely if the first thing that pops in people's minds is "condemnation" when you hear a seemingly normal adult use language like that. It does not mean they are racist, but there will be an army of people there to mediately convince the world otherwise. I know a guy that uses that word to describe humanity in general. It's strange times we live in, for sure.. but throwing around labels on people simply because they do things you dislike or wouldn't do personally, is an diversion from the conversation that people should be having about the core issues at hand regarding this subject, IMO. I have no love for PewDiePie and don't wish to make any excuses for him or others. He obviously did something very stupid for someone in his position, but I don't think it's as simple as blanket "racism".  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 12, 2017, 00:51 Mordecai Walfish

Why do we get updates on which champions are in the "free" pool for league of legends every week? People who play the game are gonna see when they log in regardless, and tons of f2p games follow the same model of having a different set of stuff that is usually locked rotate out daily/weekly, but those don't get mentioned at all here.. I could see a LoL dedicated site having that kind of update weekly, but it seems strange at Blues, where I would guess hardly any of the visitors really play league. The game is huge though, what do I know. Maybe everyone here does play it and just never talks about it on the forums..  

News Comments > First Emotion Processing Unit Launches
15. Re: First Emotion Processing Unit Launches Sep 11, 2017, 20:55 Mordecai Walfish

If they could pull off something convincing in a simulation-thriller type game in the vein of the movies 2001:a space odyssey or Moon, that would be an interesting way to prove their tech is ready for primetime. Games like the elder scrolls that are heavy on dialogue interaction but feel a bit stale and lifeless would benefit heavily from tech like this, if implemented decently.. but it seems like a ton of work to get something like this working on that scale. Maybe in conjunction with the new 10+ core/thread consumer processors coming out now, something like this is more possible though. Intriguing, for sure.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 9, 2017, 14:00 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 13:45:
Reason #372 to never shop at BestBuy.

It is crazy how much backlash Kaspersky is getting. I wonder if AV programs from the US get a similar treatment in Russia? I personally won't use an AV program from either USA or Russia. Israel and China also.

Germany is where I ended up putting my trust, Avira to be specific.

They have the best combination of performance & detection results in the latest charts from AV-comparatives and AV-test, pretty much tying with Kaspersky which has been consistently one of the best. I use the free version as I don't want to get any "software suite", and get around the ad's with a small utility called "BGPKiller".

Many people swear by windows defender, but that is the worst performing of any AV out there, and when there are free options that don't drag your entire system down as much as windows defender does, it's a no-brainer to go with one of them, IMO.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 9, 2017, 13:04 Mordecai Walfish

Slick wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 01:36:
I'm assembling my fuckwit to English dictionary, I'd appreciate a proper definition.

LOL

You've been slicked. Wash up.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2017, 16:06 Mordecai Walfish

Verno wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 13:05:
Way to go Google. Buy Motorola which had some great ideas, software and designs then kill it off. Now buy HTC instead. Well done.

The only thing that could be more disastrous than Googles software efforts is "coordinated" Google hardware. I think we're at 4 different versions of messengers alone, that company has no unifying vision or direction.

Google bought Motorola for its patent portfolio. They never had any plans to resuscitate their fledgling mobile business. The HTC purchase would give them direct access to HTC's advanced manufacturing caabilities, as they are one of the few smartphone makers who don't outsource production to foxconn, Samsung, etc. HTC also has a number of patents that I'm sure Google would like to get their hands on as well. If it goes through we may very well see Google making its phones like the pixel in-house, in the future, instead of outsourcing those projects.

News Comments > Get Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Today
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 7, 2017, 22:41 Mordecai Walfish

Dev wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 22:49:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 20:50:
I dunno, watching vids if this game, I felt it was kind of generic looking and not fun. Was surprised this came from the Chivalry guys.
Apparently you aren't alone, what with that just about 50% steam rating.

Free is free though. I grabbed it. Dunno if I'll ever play it but I have it.

its like that because its a multiplayer only game that didnt have any players. read the reviews to see the whole picture

News Comments > LawBreakers Roadmap
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 7, 2017, 22:11 Mordecai Walfish

SlimRam wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 21:16:
#BrokeAF

lol

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 7, 2017, 19:59 Mordecai Walfish

In destiny you frequently see yourself in 3rd person with the abilities and cutscenes, so it's not like you never see yourself in the game.

I don't get the uproar about these.. unless the prices are ridiculous. You get the shaders dropped in-game constantly, and whatever armor or gear you use them on retains the coloring, you just can't apply it to each item you have and everything you get infinitely. Big deal. It's just new colors for your Barbie..

Also, they don't take up any inventory space from what I've seen. The shaders have their own separate page in the menus where they are kept. Don't know if space there is limited though, but from what I've seen they don't occupy the main inventory.

News Comments > Get Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Today
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 6, 2017, 16:55 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 16:37:
It makes sense if your title isn't selling well, and you need high volumes of players in order to make your title sell well.

Smart of them to take this step.

cliffyb will take years to figure this out.

Cliffy B wouldn't be able to lower the price right now (on Steam) if he wanted to. Steam does not allow price discounts for a set amount of time after a games release (30 days iirc)

Lawbreakers should have stayed F2P like was planned, and I expect them to either switch to that model or do something like the Mirage devs are doing now. We'll see. Either way, I look forward to giving that a try if they have a decent player base and a more accessible price in the future.

1971 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo