Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 8, 2018, 03:44 Mordecai Walfish

Scandalf The Orange is surely proud of how adept his enchanted parrots have become.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bungie Announces Bungie Rewards
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 5, 2018, 15:38 Mordecai Walfish

The best reward I've gotten from bungie, was all the red flags they and their publisher threw up before Destiny 2's release that caused me to cancel my pre-order.

I should have known better anyways as I never pre-order anything, but the prospect of Bungie releasing their games on PC was very exciting to me at first, having enjoyed many of their console games in the past couple decades, and Myth before that in the 90's.

I hope they get some of that magic back that made them great in their early years, but I have yet to see evidence of that with Destiny/2. Not cheapening their world with DLC shops in every town and a micro-transaction model in a full priced game would be a nice first step. Until they make a move in that direction, they can fuck right off with the rest of the AAA leeches.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
15. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 3, 2018, 14:02 Mordecai Walfish

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 3, 2018, 03:01:
The article has several shots of art from Artifact...and oh boy, Valve had a lot of World of Warcraft players doing their artwork. The dryad and elf aren’t exclusive to any fantasy realm, sure, but then there’s the goblin driving a mech designed to clear trees, and another shot of a two headed ogre magi. I thought maybe they accidentally mixed up screenshots from Hearthstone.

Artifact is based on DotA characters, which is originally a Warcraft mod. There are many similarities in character design as a result.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2018, 19:33 Mordecai Walfish

Employee of the month.  

News Comments > Tournament Shooting Lawsuit
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 1, 2018, 04:11 Mordecai Walfish

From the wording, this seems to be the person who got shot in the thumb, which is pretty terrible if your profession is gaming.  

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 30, 2018, 14:03 Mordecai Walfish

We just put together a "Heatwave" playlist for the hot-ass summer a couple weeks ago. Still hot as hell here too. I would have submitted The Heat In Harlem for that one but all I could find was a live version, which in retrospect probably would have been the best one anyways. In the breakdown you can almost feel like you're melting into a puddle on the sidewalk with someone randomly cracking open a hydrant and the tempo picks back up.  

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 30, 2018, 13:39 Mordecai Walfish

For people looking for a good single player survival game while they finish polishing this expansion up, I hear Green Hell is pretty damn good.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Delayed
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 30, 2018, 13:35 Mordecai Walfish

"Our pre-sales sucked so may as well release it around black friday instead, and that gives us time to work on this RTX fuckery we threw in last minute because nobody is going to use this shit in multiplayer anyway"  

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 26, 2018, 16:31 Mordecai Walfish

i saw the video of this before it was removed. you can clearly see a laser sight on the player on the right side when they switched to the player cam and the back to the madden game, then as the gameplay and commentating was going on, you can hear multiple gunshots and screaming. crazy stuff.  

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 19, 2018, 16:40 Mordecai Walfish

Blue wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 16:05:
Darks wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 13:07:
Blues, dont do an upgrade. Do a full install of 10 Then use your Windows 7 pro key to activate windows. It works trust me, I do it all the time.

Upgrades are doomed to fail 75 percent of the time. If you need a key, let me know. I have a lot of them.

I'm sorry, I think I was unclear. I am having trouble getting Win7 to patch itself using Windows update. I am not attempting to upgrade my Windows version.

I've been having progressively more issues with my windows 7 install and made a secondary boot partition, and then installed and old windows 7 key on it, and did the free upgrade dealie from a couple years ago on both of my systems this way, keeping the original windows 7 partition and having an upgraded windows 10 partition on dual-boot. I reinstalled windows 10 via the media creation tool after upgrading, just to eliminate any potential wonkeyness from the upgrade, and that has been working well. I look at the windows 10 partition as a backup in some ways for when/if the windows 7 one has issues, given its more limited support/focus now.

All you need to do this is download the media creation tool and make a usb installer for windows 10, tell it to update your secondary partition windows 7 (still works for free, as the article you linked today affirms), and then if you're ocd about it like I am, do a clean install from the usb key afterwards.

If you have an second windows 7 key to use, this is a free way to potentially save you some headaches as windows 7 continues down the path to zero support, to have that backup OS option available.

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 18, 2018, 20:26 Mordecai Walfish

theglaze wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 17:34:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 16:42:
Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 14:41:
Game's already dying, huh? Guess if they want people to keep playing it and bringing new blood in it'll have to go F2P.

That's usually the takeaway when they offer their "premium" game for free pretty much every other weekend. The final death knell is usually a daily reward system for logging in every day, and I expect we'll see that before the end of the year.

There has always been a 1500xp bonus for first win of the day.

As for dying, it’s a blizzard game! Their titles don’t freakin die!

I meant more like the systems that Quake Champions currently has, where you get an item every day with increasing value for logging in consecutively at least once every 24 hours, which increases in "value" each consecutive day you log in. Paragon also had this system in place a couple months before (and up until) it died. Seems to be quite a popular last ditch effort for dying online games.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
12. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 18, 2018, 17:03 Mordecai Walfish

How many games are going to adopt RTX without having nVidia's GEforce Game Ready fist up their ass? I'm guessing not many with the next console generation likely going with AMD hardware again. It's just an unnecessary development cost when the "main" gaming platforms arent going to support it, and AMD doesnt really have any incentive to shoe-in compatibility for nVidia's standards. Will be interesting to see where this goes.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 16:49 Mordecai Walfish

This does open up an odd opportunity for a right-wing focused social media site like "freedombook" or some shit to gain popularity.  

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
2. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Aug 18, 2018, 16:42 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 14:41:
Game's already dying, huh? Guess if they want people to keep playing it and bringing new blood in it'll have to go F2P.

That's usually the takeaway when they offer their "premium" game for free pretty much every other weekend. The final death knell is usually a daily reward system for logging in every day, and I expect we'll see that before the end of the year.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 16, 2018, 03:44 Mordecai Walfish

I'd rather take Armenian skin flute lessons from a fat man in a trench coat than let Windows 10/OneDrive be in control of my backups. That seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2018, 18:47 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 14:31:
And for anyone worried that the move into multiplayer territory will prevent private server and modification support in “Fallout 76,” worry not: both will be in the game. Bethesda is still sorting out the details, but Howard affirmed that the game will feature those elements.

“That is something that, given the online nature of [“Fallout 76&#8243;], is going to be very, very complicated,” he said. “But we’re committed to it, and we’ve been starting to design what that system is going to look like. It’s a complicated problem, but one that we are 100% committed to solving.”

No. No it's not complicated at all. Just have PvE and PvP servers, problem solved. These clowns are trying to reinvent the wheel thinking you can allow PvP in some form by tacking on a mild punishment. Griefers do not care. They'll just keep griefing regardless.

I imagine this asinine system will be scrapped in short order and they'll simply go back to PvE/PvP servers instead. Otherwise it'll cost them a lot of sales.

How about instead of assuming you know the best way for them to make their game, you go play something that does not have any risk in it or doesnt do anything new. This isnt everquest, and the attempts to make it have a "safe space" for people who don't like the type of gameplay it brings to the table, are people who shouldnt be buying the game in the first place. There are plenty of games you can play right now that dont have the prospect of any griefing, and Bethesda instead are trying to do something different. We need new paradigms in gaming, even if they dont hold your hand as much or make you feel safe when you're walking down the virtual street. It's not simply about the griefing, its about making compelling gameplay systems that can tackle that without turning the world into a monotone carebear fuckfest. Good on them for at least giving it a shot, I say.

News Comments > Madden NFL 19 Kicks Off
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 11, 2018, 00:06 Mordecai Walfish

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 12:03:
Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 11:38:
Watched some of the Bills game last night. Allen looks like he'll do just fine in the NFL. Also managed to find a live stream to watch the Packers game last night. Sweet.

In the case someone is having a hard time finding NFL or NBA streams, there is a reddit that gives those out each day r\nbastreams r\nflstreams. Make sure you are using something like uBlockOrigins.

What I laugh at is people that complain about pops/malware etc... YOU HAVE TO ASSUME TO USE UBLOCK OR THE LIKE FOR SERVICES LIKE THIS. You are nuts doing an illegal livestream without them.

As for Madden 19 for some good laughs follow threads that post Madden glitches. Funny, bizarre shit, people are teleporting at an alarming rate being one of the common themes.

ublock + noscript or i flat out refuse to go to those sites. just isnt worth it unless you're packing protection.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
3. Re: Fallout 76 Cools on Steam Aug 7, 2018, 00:26 Mordecai Walfish

all the major publishers are in "he who controls the spice.." mode with their storefronts and pushing all these AAA games as exclusives to drive adoption instead of actually creating a better or more compelling experience than the current leader. It's quite funny because theyre essentially forcing people to try their broke ass shit and making themselves look much worse as a result based on user experience. The Bethesda launcher is just about as bad as the epic launcher, mostly functionable and non intrusive if you know what to shut off and how to get around some of the fucky quirks (like reinstalling a game from local backup in the bethesda launcher)  

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 7, 2018, 00:12 Mordecai Walfish

1badmf wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 23:48:
does the song have to be about the sin or just have it in the title? cuz i don't think U2's Pride is about the sin of pride.

as for greed, i would suggest Pink Floyd's Money

pride - any rap song from the mid 90s and 2ks. Biggie's mo' money mo' problems comes to mind.

sloth - afroman/because i got high

gluttony - drawing a blank man, sorry. note, the biblical gluttony can be metaphorical as well as about food, as in consuming far more than is healthy of anything. i suppose Because I Got High could work for that too since it's about consuming way too much weed XD

lol that is *perfect* for sloth, and yeah has crossover potential to gluttony too. i was thinking "old fashioned morphine" by jolie holland for sloth and it had similar crossover potential but went with blue's pick as i didnt see any other comments until now. thanks for chiming in, agreed 100% on the pride pick thats what i went with as well.

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo