Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1707 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Road Rage Peels Out
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2017, 23:19 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 18:28:
So what's the other game just like this coming out around now, or a few months back, and does anyone have opinions on which is better?

Road Redemption. It's an awesome game, lots of fun. Haven't played Road Rage so I cannot compare the two though. It looks like this one is mission based, where Road Redemption has rogue-like elements so you only have one life but unlock things that help with successive runs. The difficulty gets pretty high later on down the road so I'm guessing the unlocks help you get to the end at some point. The older games were difficult too, without infinite continues and such, so I think the rogue-like elements fit it pretty well, and make it so every play is varied somewhat. Split screen multiplayer with up to 4 players is fun too, and there are objectives like bosses to kill at the end of sections, so it's not all randomized.

Jim Sterling put up a video of it a month ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzL0AOLvYok

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tekken 7 Adding Noctis Lucis Caelum
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 13, 2017, 20:41 Mordecai Walfish

They really need to add characters that better fit with the game, like perhaps Kenshiro from Fist Of The North Star or similar. Noctis would be a better dlc character for Soul Calibur, where everyone is fighting with weapons already.

He's coming to Tekken 7 around the time of release for the best version of FF XV though (PC/Steam), so perhaps this is an advertising tie-in that Square paid a bunch of money for, with Namco no doubt shopping around to different companies to include their IP in Tekken 7.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2017, 18:04 Mordecai Walfish

Just started my first playthrough of Fallout 2 after finishing the first one last week. Had a ton of fun with Fallout 1 and the sequel has been great so far. Gonna have a lot of time to sink into it tonight and tomorrow, and the cold weather outside certainly is helping fight the urge to go out and do anything else. Creating a character the second time around I made a bunch of changes compared to how I approached the first game. Got 9ap at the start compared to the measly 6 I started FO1 with. Makes combat much more enjoyable with so many different options on the table for each turn, compared to basically doing one thing and then waiting 'til next turn. At The Den currently trying to figure out how to free these slaves and (hopefully) free my sidekick's sister in the process.  

News Comments > Decksplash Grinds to a Halt
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 11, 2017, 16:26 Mordecai Walfish

I tried it. Huge Tony Hawk's Pro Skater fan back in the day. Played the demo for the first one before it was released and was hooked.

Decksplash had potential, but the controls were somewhat unintuitive, much worse than the classic tony hawk controls.. and the expectation to hit 100k players in a week with little to no advertising is ridiculous. They are never going to settle on a game to make apparently with standards like this.

Anyway back to the game, it played like a mix between splatoon and skate/tony hawk group vs mode with wonky controls. You had to hold the right trigger on the controller to go forward like it was a racing game, lol.

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 10, 2017, 00:27 Mordecai Walfish

SlimRam wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 20:53:
"Be sure to grab LawBreakers at the lowest price it’s ever been..."

Jesus Christ, the game has barely been out 3 months and it's 50% off?

The new South Park game has been out even less time and will be 50% off on black friday.

News Comments > GOG Revives Three Sierra Classics
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 9, 2017, 18:18 Mordecai Walfish

qsto wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 10:14:
Whoever owns the rights for Westwood's Blade Runner missed the buss big time by not releasing it on GOG at the eve of 2049 premiere

I mean it's not like you can't acquire it elsewhere and patch it for modern systems
https://www.replaying.de/files/blade-runner-patch-windows-vista-7-8-x64/

But it's just a shame that a great and very gracefully aged classic adventure such as this is not yet on GOG

There was an issue with all the source data being lost for Blade Runner

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 9, 2017, 14:09 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 13:33:
What's the point of 5K and 8K VR headsets? There's no graphics hardware capable of running them at 90FPS.

Some of them are upscaling from lower resolutions like 1440p to their native 5/8k.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 9, 2017, 13:52 Mordecai Walfish

South Park: Fractured But Whole, selling for half price on black friday. Guessing it didn't sell very well if they are already slashing the price that much, even for a sale.  

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 8, 2017, 21:03 Mordecai Walfish

This ship has sailed, Cliffy. Straight into an iceberg. Watching them struggle to recover the wreckage from the bottom of the ocean just makes me wonder why Cliffy isn't putting the time and resources wasted here into creating his next "billion dollar IP". LOL  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 8, 2017, 20:58 Mordecai Walfish

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 20:17:
For those curious about the whole AMD -> Intel Raja thing...

I previously posted on Blue's about how it was an open secret that people wanted to acquire AMD but only in parts. Specifically, I stated (as a relevant example) that Samsung wanted the CPU division but would have spun off and sold the GPU division (which Raja led) to Intel. It's clear now that this discussion did take place but did not pan out that way - possibly due to the current market - and instead we have AMD cooperating with Intel with on-die GPUs even as the latter scooped up Raja for their own ends. Keep in mind that the last "discrete GPU" project from Intel, Larrabee, led to a specialized CPU design leveraged only for specific AI tasks, so it's important not to read into this too much. Given the compute performance (architecture) of Vega it's not like they hired him to make gaming chips.

Intel has vastly more money and resources to put into R&D for a new graphics architecture with Raja at the helm. With AMD, it's been the same old stuff for a long time, expanding on their existing architecture, which has had problems delivering competitive performance without jacking up the power requirements and thermal levels.

Even with the new competition against NVidia, I don't see prices coming down really if these new discrete GPU's do come into fruition from Intel, as there is always the Intel premium (regarding price), no matter what product you get from them.

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 8, 2017, 20:19 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 19:33:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 18:42:
LOL @ that hockey coach.

“I want to see you sticking your hands up these guys ass and workin’ them like a fuck puppet,” the coach screamed.

Everything I would expect from a hockey coach, honestly.
Jonah NSFW Veep

LOOOOOL, Apparently I need to watch this show. Thanks =)

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Intel to Develop Discrete GPUs, Hires Raja Koduri as Chief Architect. Nov 8, 2017, 20:15 Mordecai Walfish

Holy shit, that's huge.

AMD's chief engineer for their GPU's has jumped ship and joined with Intel so they can start creating high-end discrete GPU's? Did not see that coming!

More competition is great for us consumers, but I really don't see AMD lasting very long the way things are currently going with them. They may as well just make ASIC devices for bitcoin miners at this point.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2017, 18:51 Mordecai Walfish

Does this mean we will have better anti-cheat measures in place in RDR2 and GTA6 online? I've never had to buy a single shark card in the years I've been playing it, namely because of the generous cheaters who have literally showered me in money multiple times. I have more than I'll ever need and literally no reason to ever spend any more than I paid to originally purchase the game at launch (~$45 from gmg preorder, iirc)

That being said, I would gladly pay more if they had legitimate anti-cheat measures in place for their next games. It seems there are many more malacious cheaters that waste your time trying to find un-fucked lobbies, than there are benevolent ones just having fun with building-sized Voltron robots and giving away money randomly.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 18:42 Mordecai Walfish

LOL @ that hockey coach.

“I want to see you sticking your hands up these guys ass and workin’ them like a fuck puppet,” the coach screamed.

Everything I would expect from a hockey coach, honestly.

News Comments > How to Infest Nioh with Mice
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 8, 2017, 16:51 Mordecai Walfish

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 13:00:
Better yet, don't buy games that are designed only to be controlled with a gamepad if you can't stand using one.

FTFY

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 6, 2017, 18:20 Mordecai Walfish

NKD wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:35:
For anyone who hasn't played Watch_Doge 1, it appears to be free to add to your UPlay catalog at the moment.

So I added the game to my library, and it's giving me the option to "preload" the game, and says

"This game is not released yet. It will be available to play on UPlay any time after the release date."

Pretty odd, considering this came out like a half a decade ago.

News Comments > Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 6, 2017, 14:54 Mordecai Walfish

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 12:49:
who the hell still uses windows 7?

I dual boot both of my PC's with windows 7/10, and mainly use windows 7 still. I don't want to use 3rd party programs to fix their shitty start menu nor deal with the pre-installed shit that comes with 10. Waiting to see if perhaps 10 will add more functionality for changing/removing many if it's integrated bs, but I'm not holding my breath and i'm completely happy with windows 7 still. I'll be ready for the end of support for 7 with the 10 install, but I'm not in any rush to use it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2017, 16:53 Mordecai Walfish

Retired wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 15:07:
Blahman wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 13:03:
I wonder if CoD WWII would have beat out PUBG if the different editions were combined. Probably not.

Opening day the max player count was only 35,000 when PUBG had a player count of 1.2M.

Today, only 56,000 and it is the weekend....while PUBG is 2.4M!

COD is a console title first and foremost, and the player numbers are likely an order of magnitude greater on PS4/XB1

News Comments > 3D Realms Build Game Beta Testing
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2017, 16:52 Mordecai Walfish

The build engine is such a pain in the ass to create stuff with compared to modern engines.. it really is questionable that they are recruiting people for this. Maybe for nostalgia's sake they're trying to create some grand finale' send-off to the build engine?  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2017, 14:48 Mordecai Walfish

I just watched V For Vendetta last night, for the first time in about 10 years, and it ended just a little bit after midnight. Did not even think about the date today, but that's an awesome little synchronicity.  

1707 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo