Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1970 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 20, 2018, 00:11 Mordecai Walfish

They "Golden Age of iD" is when they outsource their IP's to other studios because their internal engines are garbage.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 18, 2018, 19:50 Mordecai Walfish

• Kxmode wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 15:56:
    It is a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Someone made almost this exact same comment about MMOs the other day

Also, I dont know a single Christian who is politically neutral. Whatever dimension this "neutral observer" sect seems to inhabit, is not bleeding through into ours.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 18, 2018, 04:07 Mordecai Walfish

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 17, 2018, 15:26:
    Welcome to the joys of online treadmill gaming, Creston!

The only way to win games like Elder Scrolls Online is to not play at all.

Luckily we're sort of living in a golden age of single player gaming right now, in spite of the rest of the world/humanity being complete shit.

modern MMO's (at least the "AAA" ones), all suffer from Theme Park syndrome. Theyre not really challenging RPG's you can play with your friends as much as they are pretty theme parks that you are paying to take a ride through for however long you'd like. Nothing changes in these worlds, your actions are almost meaningless besides to upgrade arbitrary stat numbers through equipment and levels after a fight, none of which really matters because the world is scaling to your level anyways. You leave areas watching other jabronies killing the same 'world-destroyer badass boss' whom you just got done stomping 30 seconds ago. There is no immersion, no real challenge (for the most part), and sometimes pretty graphics, but not often. Action is floaty and unresponsive to facilitate shitty mmo netcode keeping all the other people in the game, so not even that is fun, besides in very rare circumstances in a couple of them.

Its all really hollow, IMO, and I'm surprised people were ever into games that use this ancient formula.

News Comments > etc.
    9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 17, 2018, 21:38 Mordecai Walfish

Wasn't the Lone Wanderer a protagonist for another Fallout game even? What does that even have to do with 76?  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
    3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 17, 2018, 21:36 Mordecai Walfish

Fletch wrote on Jun 17, 2018, 17:39:
    Store pages for products (Antlion Audio XLR Power Converter) count as "Tech Bits"?

It's pretty niche, but many people here use the modmic, and that is what it is made for. I don't know of any other headset for gaming/pc's that has an xlr adapter, so it is somewhat noteworthy, IMO.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
    6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 17, 2018, 21:33 Mordecai Walfish

DangerDog wrote on Jun 17, 2018, 17:38:

Most speed runs that I've seen are interesting for about five minutes and then it's like, oh you discovered some game breaking glitch that lets you bypass huge portions of the game.

Sounds like you would be more interested in the "glitchless" categories in speed running then.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 7
    4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 16, 2018, 05:13 Mordecai Walfish

MS & Bethesda were easily the best, with Sony coming in a distant 3rd.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 3
    33. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 14, 2018, 03:23 Mordecai Walfish

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 02:47:
    Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 17:51:

Bethesda's belief that this somehow won't happen is fucking retarded. Everyone will be fighting over those nukes, and it will be a constant, non-stop nuke fest.

That actually sounds like a lot of fun! A problem with a game where there are NO NPCs is that it doesn't exactly make a lot of sense to make a single player version of it.

So the question is; Will they design compelling enough reason(s) for people to do stuff besides grief in this type of game? Sure some people always will try to, but that's what beta is for, so you can balance the bullshit out. If the game is flat out boring or sucks people are going to revert to grief-festing all the more quicker. I'm looking forward to see what they've come up with in the end, at least.

News Comments > LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September
    19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 13, 2018, 19:57 Mordecai Walfish

Sepharo wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 19:41:
    Osc8r wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 18:41:
    Radical heights felt like an unfinished indie game done by a couple of mates in a basement.

Lawbreakers failed because it was generic, poorly marketed, overpriced, and had to compete with Overwatch.

If they made lawbreakers into a BR game that was F2P they would have found success.

The main difficulty with the current "BR genre" is stable server performance over 100 players. This was difficult even for Epic.
    BossKey couldn't simply just turn Lawbreakers into a BR.

Performance is what makes or breaks these clones for the most part and you can definitely see the drastic drop from Fortnite, PUBG which is shakier, and then everything else which are mostly abysmal.

It wouldn't be *that* hard, given that Lawbreakers was made with Unreal Engine 4, which is quite mature at providing battle royale experiences with 100 players in it's current state. Given cliffy b's past with Epic, I see no reason why he could not have leveraged this easily if that was the direction they decided to go. Even small dev teams are getting results quite easily with UE4 when making battle royale prototypes/alphas (realm royale, for example)

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 3
    25. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 3 Jun 13, 2018, 17:39 Mordecai Walfish

Smart money has the game releasing in 2020, being that it is based on cyberpunk2020, this seems like a no-brainer. Would be crazy if they didn't have some kind of VR experience in a cyberpunk game, but I'll be happy either way, with what's been shown.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 13, 2018, 00:25 Mordecai Walfish

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 20:10:

Also that Raja dood looks like he found a joke moustache and put it on for the photo. Itís super unflattering.

I believe his full name is Raja "You really don't want to see what I look like without this 'stache" Dood.

It is kind of a molestache tho.

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead in November
    2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 12, 2018, 22:24 Mordecai Walfish

Couldn't be any worse than the series has gotten, and I liked dead island, so hopefully this turns out decent.  

News Comments > ZIGGURAT Giveaway
    11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 23:44 Mordecai Walfish

To people playing this with high refresh monitors: I had issues when I tried this some months back with choppy/inconsistent frame times when vsync is off at high refresh (120hz)

Playing with Lightboost and v-sync (cap fps to 1 below sync to lower input lag) fixed everything and made the game 100% smooth and immensely more playable. i'd imagine g-sync or freesync would also work similarly well, but if you have a low persistance or lightboost mode on your monitor, it works exceptionally well with this one.

News Comments > Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Announced
    1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 23:31 Mordecai Walfish

This looks amazing. Like the mashup between Dark Souls and Tengu I never knew I needed. Hopefully the PC release is day 1, and not as buggy as from software's other pc releases out the gate.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus In February
    2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 23:26 Mordecai Walfish

One of the best trailers from E3 this year, and there have been tons of good ones.  

19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 04:49 Mordecai Walfish

Fion wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:17:
    So you won't be able to set up like a small PvE game with you and 4 friends, you'll be joining a random game with random players (save your allies), no PvE servers possible. Though it is cool that your progression will be persistent. Though you can at least play it single player, so... I'll probly get it lol.

seems to be a highly curated experience by them, that relies on a threat mechanic from other players and elements of randomness/chaos to carry the gameplay. nukes will be interesting, and fighting for nuke site resources and such with other scavenging groups could make for a pretty fun time in multiplayer with some proper gunplay. maybe id can/has help(ed) them here. cautiously optimistic about this one.

That f'ing little ESVI preview trailer that didn't even list the name of the game. WTF!

Not much to discern, but im catching a Hammerfell/High Rock vibe from what little they've shown of the landscape.

I'm SUPER EXCITED for Starfield. Though details are scarce I saw a video showing that it has a big galaxy to explore, a persistent story, and no leading screens between planets & space (and planets are HUGE!). With Bethesda Softworks behind it, could we get an actually good space game for once? I still feel the pangs of No Man's Sky!

Yeah I'm pretty optimistic about that one. First new series since Elder Scrolls by them. I'm sure this is a combination of ideas theyve been working with for a long while, and look forward to a new take on the space genre directly by Bethesda. I'd bet money that star citizen won't even be in beta by the time this is released.

18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 04:44 Mordecai Walfish

Double post  

News Comments > Anthem Videos
    20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 04:32 Mordecai Walfish

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 02:20:
    Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 02:07:
    ... and the promise of no lootbox fuckery

No lootbox fuckery at launch. That is the keyword. I can guarantee you that there will be a time when every single dweeb who bought this game (except for the really retarded dweebs who don't even know what's happening to them) will pray that EA/Bio won't alter the deal any further.

But then it'll be too late since you will already be too invested to just let go... then they will spring the trap for some real MTX fuckery.

Not sure why people keep hoping against all hope and reason that this ONE TIME it will really be different. Are y'all really that addicted to pretty graffix, flashy trailers and hype that you're willing to let them fool you again and again and again?

if the game is decent i'll let it stand on it's own merits without any consideration to future dlc, and if they go that route, its a simple choice not to buy into it. you're talking as if i'm going to pre-order or something.. get a grip man!!!!11!1

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 04:03 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:18:
    And it has the Mad Max boomerang in it!

The Wingstick was a trademark weapon of the main character in the first RAGE. Wicked head-choppin' fun.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Gameplay Trailer
    7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 02:17 Mordecai Walfish

El Pit wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:26:
    I am one of the few who enjoyed the first Rage game despite its obvious flaws, so I am looking forward to this. Soooo many interesting games being announced - I will need more spare time go play those!

ditto. i enjoyed id's signature tight gunplay in it, for the most part. ran without too many issues for me as well, besides sli fuckery... but that was also on an AMD crossfire-only motherboard hacked to accept SLI 8800gt's (which worked pretty fucking well besides the normal random SLI compat issues)

1970 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 3.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo