Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1707 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2017, 16:35 Mordecai Walfish

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 15:48:
Darks wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 13:24:
Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 11:19:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 10:50:
So their answer to piracy is what? The inconvenience to download a new version which'll be cracked within hours or days? Like what happens to every other piece of software when there are updates?

it wont be cracked again for quite a while.. as there is a new version of Denuvo DRM that has not been cracked yet - and there is no idea how long it will take to do so, but apparently it wont be easy... up until recently, it had been cracked many times (since Rise of Tomb Raider) and thats why this new version was created, to replace the underlying encryption mechanism itself (with a new method involving virtual machines in the exe)

Dude, you are so wrong about this. If their new version of the DRM was so great, why wasn't it implemented to begin with? Trust me, it will get cracked.

i know it will get cracked.. i also know it will take time, just like it did the first time Denuvo showed up

thats why i said exactly that

if it gets cracked in less than a few months i will be very surprised.. id suspect it gets cracked within 6 months or so, thats my guess

its too bad we cant make bets, id love to see people actually put their money where their mouth is... its far too easy to just talk shit right out your ass

My bet is on 2 weeks, tops. We should start some kind of betting ring each time a new version releases =P Kind of like fantasy football for DRM cracking. (not on Blue's of course)

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Skins Leak?
13. Re: Overwatch Skins Leak? Apr 10, 2017, 15:44 Mordecai Walfish

French video teaser of the upcoming event, Overwatch Insurrection:

https://streamable.com/1wfsm

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2017, 15:14 Mordecai Walfish

The last time Denuvo shipped an "updated" protection routine, it was cracked within a week. I don't think since then they've magically come up with something completely new and revolutionary, but I guess we'll find out.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2017, 14:49 Mordecai Walfish

Bodolza wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 14:14:
Some of us find most sports mind-numbingly boring. I don't get how someone can be interested in watching the same thing over and over and over again for hours on end.

Like counterstrike? Survival games? MOBA's?

Those are usually the top 3 genres on twitch, and certainly fit your description as well.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 8, 2017, 21:17 Mordecai Walfish

Fuck taxis. They can all go out of business for all I care. Uber is just fine

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 8, 2017, 20:55 Mordecai Walfish

Got a free 6 month trial of tidal and I quite like the HiFi streaming. I must say it sucks how music store fronts are turning into Netflix/Hulu etc and have exclusives and things constantly in a flux. I still buy/download the music I want because this site-based shit can change at any time for whatever reason, but they can't fuck with my local library. I miss what.cd , if ever there was a place that did it right, it was there. It was like the Library Alexandria of music, you could literally find anything no matter how obscure. If any site/stream service could provide a similar service I would be a lifetime subscriber, for sure.. but instead we have fucking iTunes/Apple music, Tidal and Spotify. Bleh  

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
3. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 6, 2017, 02:05 Mordecai Walfish

If you signed up when the page first opened up for the beta, you would not have gotten a confirmation email, according to yakumo:

There was no confirmation email for people the first week or two, those who signed up were automatically accepted as valid and have the same chance of getting in tomorrow as everyone else.

Later on they added a confirmation email with a validation link that needed to be clicked to enter, if you had already signed up with the same email though, you were already validated so would not get any further email.

Tldr: if you signed up before and got no response, you're still in the pool of eligible players who are randomly selected to get a key today. New sign ups have a confirmation email being sent that the first signup wave did not get or need.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2017, 02:24.

News Comments > NieR Ships 1M Copies
10. Re: NieR Ships 1M Copies Apr 5, 2017, 17:10 Mordecai Walfish

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 15:47:
NetHead wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 14:47:
Blue's might have more than it's share of cynics and so on, even rude and aggressive but this is Reddit/4Chan shit leaking in now.
Agreed. His target and a few other regular users are sad curmudgeons at best and trolls at worst...but all you have to do is block them. Sadly, there won't be a ban because said users have almost all had similar comments simply deleted over the years and they're still mucking up the board.

I've never seen anyone act like this on reddit even. Ad hominem attacks and direct aggression towards other users are strictly forbidden on most subreddits I frequent. This is just childish 4chan garbage that belongs on the ignore list like any other seepage coming out of that "armpit of the internet". Kids like this try communicating in the youtube comments frequently as well, and are a prime reason nobody ever pays attention to those anymore either.

News Comments > Terraria: Otherworld Developer Switch
12. Re: Terraria: Otherworld Developer Switch Apr 5, 2017, 17:01 Mordecai Walfish

Terraria can be somewhat of a roguelike too though, with hardcore mode, and the randomly generated nature of the worlds as well. It's not for everyone, but I enjoy hardcore mode.  

13. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 13:37 Mordecai Walfish

Removed  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 5, 2017, 00:46 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 21:10:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 18:39:
10,000 funded game projects, 200 of which actually shipped. GG Kickstarter.

Was just going to say "How many actually produced a viable product?"

Re-reading my comment now, it is not entirely clear that I was being sarcastic, in case you took that literally. I'm sure more than that have shipped out of 10k. It's easier to point the finger in the other direction because we are more likely to hear about the games that met their goals and turned into scams or ended up a victim to poor planning, on news sites like Blues, than to observe whether each game being released is a kickstarter success story or not.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 4, 2017, 18:39 Mordecai Walfish

10,000 funded game projects, 200 of which actually shipped. GG Kickstarter.  

2. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 4, 2017, 18:35 Mordecai Walfish

I'm in. Looking forward to this!  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 3, 2017, 21:45 Mordecai Walfish

Steam sent out 40% off coupons for Playdead's Inside, if you own their previous title Limbo already. Excellent game and well worth the price even without the 40% off, IMO  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 3, 2017, 02:05 Mordecai Walfish

Pretty weaksauce for "premium" offerings. I am more than happy with the standard DS4 wired along with some silicon grips to make the handles a tad larger. Best controller I've used on PC, and I've tried almost all of em.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 31, 2017, 21:29 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 13:50:
May have to start recommending Bit-Defender for my clients who want free, after I play with it on my laptop.
Like that it has top shelf protection w/out advertisements.

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/awards.php?year=2016
av test.org

Bitdefender Free was quite lacking in some areas when I last tried . Whitelist support and other things just were not available or were unnecessarily hard to access if they were. Good scanning engine though.

Best free is still Avira, IMO. Use BGPkiller alongside it to remove every single ad in the program. It's a super light weight process that just monitors the Avira process and prevents it from presenting ads of any kind to you. Been using it for years with no problems at all.

http://bgpkiller.weebly.com

News Comments > For Honor Update Increases Rewards
4. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2017, 21:24 Mordecai Walfish

deqer wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 12:45:
The fact that it came to a point where players had to boycott is reason enough to boycott it anyways. There should be no turning back. Companies deserve harsh punishment for their bad Pay2Win strategies.

I thought all the items people were complaining about being too expensive were cosmetic items. How was this pay2win?

News Comments > Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week
6. Re: Quake Champions Closed Beta Next Week Mar 31, 2017, 01:18 Mordecai Walfish

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 00:26:
I have no idea why the felt they needed to emulate the random quake models, my god, quake 3 model art aesthetic was basically random stuff the gamedev team thought was cool. There really wasn't any consistent aesthetic.

They're making a sequel, not a new IP. As disparate as the different parts of quake's past have been, that is what has come to define the series. As long as the gameplay is good, they cay do whatever the fuck they want with the models, etc. Quake was always about gameplay and engine first.

News Comments > Thimbleweed Park Released
1. Re: Thimbleweed Park Released Mar 31, 2017, 00:52 Mordecai Walfish

This has a strong Maniac Mansion vibe, but in a mostly outdoor setting. No doubt a fun story to play through with the pedigree of the parties involved. Definitely gonna pick this one up.. surprised I hadn't heard anything about it until now that it's released though.  

News Comments > Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists
23. Re: Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists Mar 29, 2017, 17:55 Mordecai Walfish

Rigs wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 17:23:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 17:19:
You can't honestly tell me that Street Fighter 2 didn't have much of an influence on gaming.. it's literally the cornerstone of every fighting game that came after it.

Yes, but Mortal Kombat trumps it in the 'social and cultural' department. Ask someone with little to no gaming experience to name a fighting game and it's going to be Mortal Kombat at least 7 out of 10 times*. Like I said earlier, think bigger. Am I on everyone's 'Ignore' list? Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

* Statistics pulled straight out of my ass...ie my opinion

In the realm of "thinking bigger", I believe that SF2 is still the correct pick before MK or any other fighting game. MK wasnt the worldwide success that SF2 was. And I honestly believe that if you were asked to name a fighting game randomly that Street Fighter 2 would be more common than MK. In the "social and cultural" department, it trumps MK as well. Just a couple weeks ago a female UFC fighter did Sagat's famous winning taunt from SF2 at her pre-fight meetup, along with wearing his eyepatch. SF2 is much bigger than MK ever was. MK had the shock/gore recognition when it came out, and had the better movie.. but that's about it.

Video of the UFC fighter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhrV8AZQp_g

1707 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo