Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 2326 (Senior)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches

5. Re: Morning Patches Jul 13, 2018, 19:03 Mordecai Walfish

I'll load this up for my first playthrough of bl2, having just beat bl1 and all it's dlc in the past couple months with some buddies on lan. Gonna lan the 2nd one too, I had more fun than I expected with the first game. Good times.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews

34. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 11, 2018, 18:36 Mordecai Walfish

I read the Twitter thread, and the fan did have some very valid comments about the "living story" aspects of the game design being detrimental to overall narrative flexibility and depth, a factor that had massively turned me off to these kinds of "amusement park" MMORPG experiences. Rpg is pretty much my favorite genre, and I've played all the wonky systems and paradigms they've been designed around, but the living world/amusement park design is by far my least favorite of the bigger trends.

News Comments > Suspect GTA6 Tease Appears in GTA Online

1. Re: Suspect GTA6 Tease Appears in GTA Online Jul 2, 2018, 10:54 Mordecai Walfish

Just another reminder they never invested a penny in securing online, that these modders are announcing their next game for them in GTA:Online through their own notification system.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 30, 2018, 19:29 Mordecai Walfish

I think it's relevant also that Sony recently had one of the largest security breaches of any media company on Earth, affecting both their movie and video game business heavily. Also, the way the ps3 was completely and utterly owned by hackers because of awful security implementations. They tightened down ship quite heavily sice then, and I'm guessing the paranoia is still a major factor in them vigorously keeping their walled garden separate from other services.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Gameplay Video

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 29, 2018, 22:20 Mordecai Walfish

Sepharo wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 18:16:
His positioning is excellent too, something I can't seem to do properly in PUBG. In BF I'm a rusher, I rush in and know that I can engage and kill 2 or 3 before they put enough rounds in me to go down. So I'll top scoreboard via kills, multi kill, vehicle destruction, flag caps... but typically my death won't be single digits (but the ratio will still be at least 2.5:1). And I'm not doing really any long distance.

I also struggle with tactical positioning, mainly because I'm an action junkie, and i find camping/sniping/etc boring as hell.

It's something i've struggled with in many games, but am making progress with. Playing quake for years, I was always the guy who would seek out and murder the campers/snipers anytime I was aware of them. I excel at the technical stuff like aiming, quickshots, movement and such, but finding the balance of patience and strategic positioning to go along with that has been a challenge. Hugely rewarding when you start to develop those skills though. Natural Selection 2 helped me a lot in that regard. Gotta be ready for those sneaky skulks ^.^

News Comments > The Crew 2 Launches

10. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 16:29 Mordecai Walfish

For racing fans:

https://youtu.be/PQmSUHhP3ug

Porsche outdid it's previous 1980s record on Nürburgring by over 50 seconds. Dash footage with digital readouts.

Anno is still the only game I've given money to these clowns for.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 29, 2018, 05:10 Mordecai Walfish

Meanwhile, in Canada.

Guns would have made this situation 100x less entertaining.

News Comments > Into the Black

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 29, 2018, 04:42 Mordecai Walfish

Hoop wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 00:27:
Man you don't know man ... you don't know ... MAN I came from the hood!

News Comments > Shenmue 3 System Specs

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 29, 2018, 04:23 Mordecai Walfish

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 22:02:
100 gb of space!

Still doesn't quite catch up to Forza 7 or Gears of War 4, but dayum, if this is the "new norm", I only have room for like 10 games on my ssd.

Forza 7 clocks in at 98 GB for me. Took a while to find this out, as apparently the windowsapp folder it was in is locked down by default to the point that not even system administrators are allowed to open it. What a crock of shit.

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2018, 18:45 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 17:00:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 14:58:
anyone use protonmail? seems they have been having a massive DDOS attack and are down currently, at least for 12 hours now too. there is talk of a state-sponsored attacker
The only countries sleezy enough to do something like that would be Iraq, Israel, Egypt, Syria, USA, North Korea, USSR, Iran, China, Jordan and possibly the Principality of Liechtenstein.
ProtonMail DDoS Attacks Are a Case Study of What Happens When You Mock Attackers

fucking LOL

Hopefully this makes their service more resilient to this kind of thing, at least.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 28, 2018, 17:31 Mordecai Walfish

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 17:21:
Drazula wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 13:13:
Amazon delivering their own packages... that is a big "screw you" to Trump!

Yep. Basically, if he’s gonna try to force the USPS to raise rates for no real reason other than “my buddies’ businesses that haven’t changed since before the Internet are complaining that Amazon has found a better way to do things”, they’re just going to make their own delivery service and the postal service is going to lose a MASSIVE income generator.

The Art Of The Deal

News Comments > Battlefield V Closed Alpha Tomorrow

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2018, 15:20 Mordecai Walfish

Slick wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 10:09:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 08:00:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 03:54:
Slick wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 01:23:
I got into the alpha! Will be streaming tommorow morning.

Fucking Millennials

I'm so triggered right now.

I'm '82, so some call me a millennial, some don't. But I hate the term, as it lumps me in with some serious fuckwads.

Every generation includes some serious fuckwads =)

I'm pretty close there with ya, a fellow member of the "X-Men" (the cusp between gen x and millennials)

News Comments > Overwatch Hero, err, Champion Revealed

3. Re: Overwatch Hero, err, Champion Revealed Jun 28, 2018, 15:01 Mordecai Walfish

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the streetwise Hercules to fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and I turn
And I dream of what I need

I need a hero

I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

I need a hero

I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 14:58 Mordecai Walfish

I just hope he's meeting to sign a deal for the Red Engine.

edit: anyone use protonmail? seems they have been having a massive DDOS attack and are down currently, at least for 12 hours now too. there is talk of a state-sponsored attacker

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2018, 16:10.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2018, 03:54 Mordecai Walfish

Slick wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 01:23:
I got into the alpha! Will be streaming tommorow morning.

Fucking Millennials

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 27, 2018, 22:03 Mordecai Walfish

they must be putting those cores to good use if they are getting an 8350 anywhere near the speed of a 6600k  

News Comments > Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 27, 2018, 14:27 Mordecai Walfish

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 14:04:
mind boggling - how you can make over a Billion dollars selling virtual items.

get a good fraction of the kids in the world playing your game and begging their parents for that cool outfit all their friends have, and you have a gold mine, it turns out =)

News Comments > DRM Breaks macOS Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 26, 2018, 08:10 Mordecai Walfish

Darks wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 12:34:
J wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 12:17:
In before anti-DRM told you so squad and hellfire. I think this sucks too, but I'm not abundant enough in excess energy to rant about it on the Blue's News forum.

This is something that drives me crazy, why do these companies continue to leave DRM like this in older games that no longer require the game to be protected from piracy when a game has already been cracked to begin with. This is stupidity at its finest with developers.

Because it costs money to make this change, and they are happy keeping everything they can without concern for the future of the product they made/ported.

2326 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >