Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1709 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 21, 2017, 23:57 Mordecai Walfish

Dacote wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 19:24:
Windows 10, still free.

Never stopped being free as I'm pretty sure the accessibility promotion is still going on. Do you use magnifier or onscreen keyboard? Congrats, go get yourself an upgrade to Winblows10!

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com
5. Re: Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com Apr 20, 2017, 13:34 Mordecai Walfish

also free on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/9480/  

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

News Comments > GTA Online Duke O'Death
5. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 20:46 Mordecai Walfish

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 19:41:
And now hackers are stealing your money. In a matter of seconds, you can have your account drained. Whee. I lost millions last night because some prick decided he deserves to be shot in the face fifty times with a shoulder mounted rocket launcher in real life. I spent AGES earning that money. And now it's gone almost instantly. Fuck this game. Rockstar doesn't ever do shit about the hackers. And they only exist because of their shitty peer-to-peer netcode. Dumb.

Report what happened to support, and you will get your money back if it was legitimately earned.

Rhett wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 20:12:
jamiedj99 wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 19:41:
I wonder if they ever fixed the crazy load times in multiplayer making it soo annoying to play yet

Nope.

But it is much faster loading into SP, then joining a private MP match, THEN joining a public match.. if so inclined.

God, they better treat RDR 2 and the future better than this. I like that there were mods, but GTA online was handled very poorly. Especially PC.

Use the command line argument -StraightIntoFreemode (or create a 2nd shortcut to the launcher with this command line argument) and you will launch into multiplayer without wading through menus. Takes 2-3 minutes tops for me to get into a lobby.

News Comments > Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week
2. Re: Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week Apr 18, 2017, 00:37 Mordecai Walfish

cross play with windows store is not supported. what kind of fucking clowns thought that system was going to work? probably the same fucks who made that looneytunes drm scheme and decided kinect was a good idea to force upon everyone who bought the original xb1

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2017, 01:11.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 15, 2017, 13:13 Mordecai Walfish

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 13:03:
Thanks Mordecai and Blue! I don't think I've ever won something by lottery before?

Will report on my personal impressions of the Beta.

Also thanks for remembering my last nick (InBlack) Heh

You will be under NDA so that is probably best left to the private QC forums, for now.

Congrats!

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2017, 17:23.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2017, 11:52 Mordecai Walfish

We should have an update soon hopefully on who the two winners are, in the meantime I just want to remind everyone who uses ad blockers to add BluesNews to their exception list and/or disable them for this site specifically.

Blue has been serving up that fresh un-cut news on a daily basis for 20+ years now, and has never sold out to the dark side of malicious or intrusive/pop-up advertising. If you want to see quality sites like this continue to thrive in the ocean of sell-out mediocrity and clickbait, then show your support by taking this small step.

I'm not affiliated with this site in any way.. just a long time visitor who has seen many quality sites come and go, bought and paid for by media conglomerates and malicious advertisement agencies. Making the internet great again starts with YOU! Builder Bobby Biker Cowboy Crown Computer

News Comments > Quake Champions Key Giveaway
3. Re: Quake Champions Key Giveaway Apr 14, 2017, 23:45 Mordecai Walfish

Chrome and Firefox access the site fine as long as you disable ublock and similar programs on their page.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Clutch Trailer
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 14, 2017, 22:27 Mordecai Walfish

Just seeing these replies now guys and there is a giveaway if you comment in today's (Friday) OoTB section. I emailed both of you (if the profile link works properly) too, so hopefully you get your names in the hat!

Sorry for not checking back here sooner!

24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 14, 2017, 22:16 Mordecai Walfish

Blues News is very much a part of Quake to me, so it is a fitting place to hand out a beta key or two for the newest entry in the series to a couple of you loons. Allthumbsup

Good luck & happy fragging!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Scorpio Apr 13, 2017, 23:08 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 21:34:
It'll be very interesting to see where Microsoft prices it. If they're smart, they price it the same as the PS4 Pro, eat the loss on hardware and try to claw back market share.

But since it's Microsoft, I'm going to guess it's just as likely that they go "Well, it costs us $650 to make (number listed in an article I read), so we'll sell for $700."

So, hmmm.

$400-500 is a safe bet. I'm guessing closer to $400. They always take a loss on hardware because it is more than made up by software and licensing fees.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 13, 2017, 18:04 Mordecai Walfish

Got some spare beta key love to spread here at blues, just don't know how to go about doing so. Figured I should share here instead of somewhere like reddit.. any ideas? Can't just paste it in comments or forum because a bot will pick it up and sell it on ebay or mmochamps, most likely.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 13, 2017, 17:45 Mordecai Walfish

Completely lost any interest when they started discussing the downsides to this monitor/oled. For $3500 there better not be any fucking downsides.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 13, 2017, 15:23 Mordecai Walfish

That's a steam group you likely joined to get some freebie in the game like everyone else did. And like anyone else who is in a steam group that sends out notifications too often for your liking, you are free to leave it at any time. I fail to see what this has to do with the switch version or anything else besides your inability to act sooner when an issue with steam was interrupting your system when it was open.  

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 13, 2017, 03:10 Mordecai Walfish

edaciousx wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 23:40:
has anyone heard anything about quake champions first hand? personal reviews? I was never a huge q3 fan but i was a huge q2 fan.

[REDACTED-NDA]

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2017, 12:04.

News Comments > On Overwatch Smurfing and Loss Streaks
10. Re: On Overwatch Smurfing and Loss Streaks Apr 12, 2017, 21:39 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 21:15:
So out of curiosity, what do they mean by smurfing? Deliberately losing?

Not deliberately losing, that's de-ranking. Smurfing is when you buy a 2nd account and start from scratch to be paired against noobs. Many top 500 players have smurf accounts that they play on the side, some even have multiple accounts in the top 500.

News Comments > On Overwatch Smurfing and Loss Streaks
6. Re: On Overwatch Smurfing and Loss Streaks Apr 12, 2017, 12:28 Mordecai Walfish

i just finished placements for this season and ive won and lost about the same amount since getting out of placements, but my rank is going up quicker than it used to in a similar situation. Every win is 40+ sr, and losses take away about 15-25 sr.. so the system is obviously trying to get me to where it thinks i should be. this feels alot different than previous seasons i've played in.  

News Comments > Paradigm Released
1. Re: Paradigm Released Apr 11, 2017, 21:09 Mordecai Walfish

The humor in this one is spot-on for the classic adventure games it pays homage to, with a completely unique setting. This is a kickstarter success story, having been backed in late 2014.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 11, 2017, 21:06 Mordecai Walfish

Crawl is 20% off for the rest of the week (on GOG and Steam) and Paradigm is 10% off for the next 24 hours (Steam).

Both are excellent games, if you dig their respective genres!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2017, 15:09 Mordecai Walfish

Prez wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 11:03:
I am a huge animal protection advocate with thousands of hours (and dollars) invested in animal rescue. I don't have a problem with breeders in general. When I start to have a problem is when they dump "unsellable" animals to die after months of neglect. I cannot begin to tell you how many animals I come across who are on deaths door and cost tons of money to vet and rehabilitate. The other problem is breeders who breed already overbred breeds like pit bulls. Dozens of pit bulls are euthanized every week at my local animal control here in Memphis alone because of how many there are. I can't begin to explain what it's like walking down a row of cages all filled with animals scheduled to die and having to pick two or three out of all of them because that's all you have the resources for. Those faces haunt you.

Thanks for what you do Prez. I'm a volunteer at the local humane alliance and it is definitely heart-wrenching to know that there is just not much you can do for some of those animals.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 11, 2017, 10:50 Mordecai Walfish

Just a reminder that Crawl and Paradigm, two excellent indie titles that have been in early access/kickstarted have just released this week. 10-20% discounts on Steam/GOG right now.

Both of these games are ridiculously good for their respective genres.

EDIT: here's the launch trailer for Crawl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAqjWpK6IO8

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2017, 16:50.

1709 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo