Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1708 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2017, 12:03 Mordecai Walfish

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 21:56:
I have a box of I7's people thought were suitable for overclocking. Those liquid cooled gas setups are outrageously expensive. There are few good water cooled systems and many that are not. Make sure if you use one it has a lot of good reviews. Unfortunately most reviews don't take into consideration longevity.

Box of I7's eh? Any of them still work or are you saving them for some reason?

Last I heard swiftech was the rock-solid go-to for AIO liquid coolers. A lot of the larger brands actually just rebrand swiftech coolers and sell them as their own.

I personally use a noctua nh-d15 and am 100% satisfied with both its performance and the fact that there is no liquid being shuffled around in my case, however well contained it is.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Gunrunning Update Next Week
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Gunrunning Update Next Week Jun 9, 2017, 11:53 Mordecai Walfish

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 09:33:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 06:33:
Retired wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 23:22:
They stop hacking and cheating yet? Would like to get back in if they have.

No, and they never will stop it. The online multiplayer is P2P and they will always be fighting a losing battle on this front. Hackers are much less malacious now though, with the most common one I see lately being bundles of $50,000 dropping for everyone on a server every 1/2 second. Prolly not a good idea to stockpile too much illicit cash though. Spend it quick in case r* wipes your money.

EDIT: just to clarify, this isnt as threatening as it sounds. R* only does that for people who heavily abuse the system and spawn in money.

I stopped playing again for the second time because of fucking hackers. This time, some prick stole double digits millions from me that took months to amass, in about three seconds. Since it's impossible to earn any real money in this game, and everything costs so fucking much, fuck this shitty game.

If the netcode weren't garbage tier peer to peer, where clients can actually dictate what's happening on other clients, and instead, most of it was handled server-side, we wouldn't have 10% of the hacking problem we have today. It really ruins the game.

Yeah it's pretty much the wild west out there. Again, haven't seen many malicious cheaters lately, but I do know of the cheat you are talking about that was being used for a short amount of time. Rockstar support reinstates that money to your account if it was obtained legitimately, you just have to contact them. Otherwise you can just keep joining public sessions until you get into one that has the $50,000 indicator the top right corner, and just stick around for a couple minutes and you will have 10+ million in your pocket. About 1/5 public lobbies I join have the money dump going on, it seems.

People keep saying "have they fixed the cheating problem yet?" on forums and all over the internet, but it simply isnt going to happen without them re-doing the entire multiplayer structure of the game, which isn't going to happen. GTA6 is the only hope for a better implementation. With how much they make from this franchise, it's mind boggling that they would not shell out for proper multiplayer infrastructure, but this is their first foray into wide-scale online multiplayer in GTA, so there is much they are learning from it along the way, I would assume.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 for Free
14. Re: PAYDAY 2 for Free Jun 9, 2017, 11:43 Mordecai Walfish

Wash Washburne wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 09:42:
What I find interesting is that the game size is about 19GB in total, tho there isn't really much to the game and it still looks like something PS2 puked out.

Last ditch moment to boost their numbers?

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 05:40:
There is almost nothing worse than hipster beards. There are people who sport really impressive beards & manage to wear them well, but they are few and far between.

https://goo.gl/images/FBdIsl

Its because of the giant high resolution videos included with the game, which was not an issue when on BLU-RAY, but on downloadable versions of the game was never properly compressed. Kind of like that audio bullshit from the first titanfall. They're probably shoveling in all their DLC along in that package now too, whether the user owns them or not.

News Comments > Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap Released
2. Re: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap Released Jun 9, 2017, 08:43 Mordecai Walfish

Now THIS is how you do a remake! Picking up on GOG for sure.  

5. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Gunrunning Update Next Week Jun 9, 2017, 08:42 Mordecai Walfish

Retired wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 08:22:
A side note, some time ago I made Blue the President of the BN group - so he has full control.

I didn't know you were the crew leader before. Does Blue even play GTA?

News Comments > Fortnite Early Access Next Month
8. Re: Fortnite Early Access Next Month Jun 9, 2017, 08:38 Mordecai Walfish

Rhett wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 06:54:
Unless things changed DRASTICALLY, which I do hope, in the last few months... This game won't last long. Can't say much due to NDA, but it's been quite underwhelming all along development, as if they just didn't know how to make it "fun". Like fifty different systems all crammed on top of each other, fighting for your attention.

It's also been in alpha since December 2014, and they've been struggling the whole time.

Certainly a neat concept, but this is actually worrisome that they're pushing it out now.

That was my main gripe with the game too. The fun-factor was almost completely missing.

News Comments > Shenmue III Delayed
6. Re: Shenmue III Delayed Jun 9, 2017, 08:14 Mordecai Walfish

I really hope this game makes it out of whatever development challenges it's in currently and is really good. I quite enjoyed my time in the settings of the first two Shenmue games. Some parts were annoying, but overall it was fun. I would have like to see more of an integration with their fighting game, virtua fighter, in the battle scenes. It always felt like that's what they were trying to do here, but never quite got the recipe mastered. The half-assed fights could usually just be cheeseballed in the older games, so having a solid fighting engine would be a really nice improvement.  

3. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Gunrunning Update Next Week Jun 9, 2017, 07:30 Mordecai Walfish

Also, of anyone wants to get in on some gunrunning action, either look me up in the blues crew or add "MordecaiWalfish" (no space in-between) in social club. I'll be buying and unlocking all this shit day-1 for some San Andreas military warfare and rocketbikes.

A buddy of mine re-created a rocket league clone in the creator program for gta v. It's more like a destruction derby than league, with large utility vehicles for defense, and the dukes muscle car for scorers/offense. It's pretty fun so far and he's done some pretty creative stuff to make it actually all work in GTA online's rather restricted build types/tools.

Might be playing some of that as well to break things up a bit.

Send out a friend request if you're down. Probably gonna have a decent size crew tearing shit up on Tuesday.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 for Free
10. Re: PAYDAY 2 for Free Jun 9, 2017, 07:20 Mordecai Walfish

Aah the ol' bukkake sponge. Love when 'hip dudes' wear that mess like true urban lumberjacks.

Didn't starbreeze start making a VR headset and get in to making vr amusement centers? Perhaps payday 3 will be a VR title when they finish milking this cow.

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Weekend
6. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Weekend Jun 9, 2017, 07:14 Mordecai Walfish

I will certainly be giving it a try this weekend and I hope many more people do too. I'm not a fan of how this studio handled their last release and split everything up with that retarded TV show tie-in nonsense, selectively patching new stuff in to that while not fixing the game that made them popular in the first place.. but I am willing to give them another chance.  

2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Gunrunning Update Next Week Jun 9, 2017, 06:33 Mordecai Walfish

Retired wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 23:22:
They stop hacking and cheating yet? Would like to get back in if they have.

No, and they never will stop it. The online multiplayer is P2P and they will always be fighting a losing battle on this front. Hackers are much less malacious now though, with the most common one I see lately being bundles of $50,000 dropping for everyone on a server every 1/2 second. Prolly not a good idea to stockpile too much illicit cash though. Spend it quick in case r* wipes your money.

EDIT: just to clarify, this isnt as threatening as it sounds. R* only does that for people who heavily abuse the system and spawn in money.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2017, 08:41.

3. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Weekend Jun 8, 2017, 23:44 Mordecai Walfish

Turglar wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 23:24:
You mean besides every game that's ever had open beta weekends?

No, I'm talking about newly released, completed games.

Released =/= beta

News Comments > Road Redemption Splitscreen Support
7. Re: Road Redemption Splitscreen Support Jun 8, 2017, 23:41 Mordecai Walfish

We've been getting some pretty awesome 90's throwback games recently, along with remakes, that I hope will get out of early access sometimes soon.

A really fun metroidvania roguelike called dead cells is in early access, but is quite far along. Art, gameplay and music are all extremely well done. Highly recommended if you dig the genre.. it's like a Symphony of the Night sequel really.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 8, 2017, 23:18 Mordecai Walfish

@Lowe's: If it's not a job in a coalmine, we don't want 'em. #MAGA  

News Comments > Fortnite Early Access Next Month
3. Re: Fortnite Early Access Next Month Jun 8, 2017, 23:13 Mordecai Walfish

Really hope this has improved significantly since the early beta. What I remember if it before uninstalling was pretty damn terrible.  

1. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Weekend Jun 8, 2017, 21:52 Mordecai Walfish

You know a game is selling well when they offer a free weekend within two weeks of release.

Gonna check it out, but this is (iirc) the quickest I've seen a game do a free weekend promo like this.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 7, 2017, 18:05 Mordecai Walfish

This looks to have fallen off as quick as Evolve. Glad that gamers are not supporting these dlc cash grabs and "pre-order exclusive" shitshows. Well, i guess tons bought the game, so I guess there will always be the day1/preorder suckers, but the industry is all about retaining users now instead of just sales, so this is hopefully getting their attention. Nothing like paying $60 for a game only to have to grind like a f2p title or be given the option to pay more to unlock more quickly. The industry needs to wake up and stop destroying what should be successful titles because of their shitty marketing and business practices.  

News Comments > SOYF: S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS
9. Re: SOYF: S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Jun 7, 2017, 17:52 Mordecai Walfish

contrived and derivative. there is absolutely nothing redeeming about this steaming pile of shit. the only actual relation to shit in the game (besides the game being absolute shit) is that the projectiles are brown and make fart noises when you hit people.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 4, 2017, 21:04 Mordecai Walfish

Kobalt wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 18:08:
Fucking finally. A fighting game where not only is the port not terrible, it's actually better than console. Tekken 7 is the fighting game of the year no question.

Agreed. Namco knocked it out of the park with this one.

News Comments > Renzo Racer Early Access
3. Re: Renzo Racer Early Access Jun 2, 2017, 22:02 Mordecai Walfish

shinchan0s wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 13:13:
Well, you don't see many Mario Kart style racers on PC so there's definitely a niche there. Whether it needed to be filled with an unabashed lazy clone, well that's a whole other question.

It is really surprising that nobody has tapped into the mario kart market really on PC. Maybe because a really high-quality game would be necessary in this case, because of the bar being set so high already by nintendo here. Who cares if it's a clone, just make it a fun and enjoyable multiplayer brawl/racer with great tracks and a solid feeling engine. A game like this would even work with the f2p model of having different models/skins for the racers, I think.

1708 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo