Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 2317 (Senior)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 5, 2018, 08:28 Mordecai Walfish

R.I.P. to a pioneering video game musician. Last Gamer did a tribute on his channel  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.Com 10th Anniversary Giveaway Selection
26. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 4, 2018, 14:51 Mordecai Walfish

shadow warrior won, and is free now =)  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 4, 2018, 03:20 Mordecai Walfish

That new windows 10 update was a mess. Just switched over from my windows 7 install to get it taken care of today, and it broke the ability to run programs as administrator from the context menu (does absolutely nothing now), removed my taskbar shortcut to explorer, and also broke the windows store and xbox app, which refused to connect, and microsoft "support" materials provided 100 "fixes" for, but none worked. Even uninstalling and reinstalling the apps did nothing. After posting about the problem on reddit, a helpful person chimed in within 10 minutes with a solution: enable ipv6. I have had ipv6 disabled since i installed windows 10, as I do not use it for anything currently.. and with this update, that has become an issue apparently, as core microsoft services will refuse to connect to their servers unless you have it enabled, EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE NOT USING IT FOR ANYTHING.

And those were issues I noticed only within an hour of updating, I'm sure there are plenty of "fun surprises" to be found further in this update.

Microsoft Updates have been a nightmare with windows 10. I'm so glad I have the windows 7 install still on a different partition to fall back on/use regularly.

Win10 is apparently still in Early Access. Back to Windows 7 for now; fuck this shit.

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 4, 2018, 01:25 Mordecai Walfish

Anyone here tried the Sennheiser 58x headphones? Theyre $140 on massdrop right now and i am just about to pull the trigger on them, as reviews seem good. Been using a pair of Ultrasone Pro-750's for almost a decade now and felt like these would be a solid upgrade, and a nice introduction into the open-back sennheiser world

edit: pulled the trigger. To get the $10 discount, just sign up for a new massdrop acct through massdropdefranco.com. If you already have a massdrop acct you can get the $10 off by just signing up a different email address.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2018, 04:29.

News Comments > Windows 10 Gaming Updates
14. Re: Windows 10 Gaming Updates Oct 3, 2018, 00:17 Mordecai Walfish

So they took out the game mode toggle for all games, just so they could add it back and tout it as a new feature? Looks like someone is earning their overtime checks  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2018, 01:46 Mordecai Walfish

Numinar wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 21:00:
Elitism just hurts yourselves. Even the fanciest of Xboxi is cheaper than a good recent video card. You are missing out!

It looks like the shooting might still be a little garbage, whenever you have to base it around slow-mo you are in trouble. Hopefully if they tone down the waves of enemies constantly spawning that RDR had it will be even less of an issue than it was there. The attention to detail looks phenomenal.

Currently playing through RDR on XB1x as part of my hype cycle, the resolution bump does wonders for it. Some parts seem more 2010 than others and some come across as unforgivably clunky but itís still an astoundingly special game. Like Kerbal or Sea of Thieves, whatever flaws and issues it may have cna be ignored given there is nothing else even close to it in terms of scope and style in that setting.

I also am playing RDR on xb1x, just to catch up, and made the mistake of choosing hardcore mode at the beginning, which really shouldnt be unlocked unless you have played it before, because it relies too heavily on pre-knowledge of the different encounters and thus makes it just too frustrating for a first-time playthrough. Oh well.. only got 5 hours in before i decided a restart on normal was the best course of action.

News Comments > GOG.Com 10th Anniversary Giveaway Selection
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2018, 01:36 Mordecai Walfish

Theres a part in the video with a guy wearing a shirt that says "GUNWHALE" and I instantly had nightmarish flashbacks of fighting against "GREAT THING" in dariusburst. <3 GOG  

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 29, 2018, 14:51 Mordecai Walfish

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 29, 2018, 09:14:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 29, 2018, 08:21:
I think this might be the best game room setup I've ever seen. Holyyyyyy sheeeeit.
He worked in a game store but managed to afford this stuff? Definitely some interesting items there.

He talked about growing up with a sharp x68000, so I'm guessing he comes from a very wealthy family.

News Comments > On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 22, 2018, 18:51 Mordecai Walfish

Devolver is such a gem. Just finished The Messenger, which was better in every way than I expected, and now they're taking shots at Rockstar's bullshit. Bravo! Allthumbsup  

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 20, 2018, 12:07 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2018, 11:21:
he's a deluded, bitter asshole.

He'd fit right in around here. ^.^

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
31. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 20, 2018, 00:04 Mordecai Walfish

so far my schedule to upgrade hardware is whenever Cyberpunk 2077 releases. I'd pay for whatever a rig costs to play that in 4k @ 60fps maxxed. seems crazy to think there wont be at least some kind of vr element to it given the setting, so that may be a good time to get a next-gen (and hopefully cheaper) vive/rift too.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 19, 2018, 20:25 Mordecai Walfish

Been a couple years since I newegged, been using hoverhound and it always shows cheaper elsewhere  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 19, 2018, 20:20 Mordecai Walfish

Good drm article for hitting the point home perhaps to the most vulnerable users of drm (Apple users), but this is nothing new to anyone around here, and part of the reason I just finished my seasonal local backups. Clocked in at 12TB this time, but worth the time and little effort necessary to set up, and you are not beholden to the bean counters at Apple and the MPAA mafia.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2018, 23:54.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2018, 20:07 Mordecai Walfish

RIP nfl. Time for something better.. maybe we can even get it sponsored by Brawndo!

Fun to see conservatives get suckered into believing Scandalf The Orange's stories about the ZOMG FAILING NFL SAD.

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
27. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 19:34 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 10:40:

The 2080 is the same price, more or less, than the 1080ti, is more futureproof, and does a bit better. If you're buying now, buying the 1080ti makes no sense.

As for you, do you routinely buy a new graphics card every year? You have the most powerful of the last generation. How many people actually buy a new card every gen? Did you also have a 980ti? Most people wait at least 2, if not 3, if not 4 or even 5 generations to upgrade. Unless you're demanding 4k or VR, 3 seems to be the sweet spot.

Past 10 yr roadmap for me has been 7600gt > 8800gt > SLI 8800gt (got 2nd for free) > GTX480 > 980TI (current).

No regrets and still no reason to upgrade, personally. Maybe if I had a VR kit I would feel a bit more compelled. > 2x performance boost at a decent price is really all I bite for, and all my cards have been purchased new for under $400. Upgrading every year seems crazy to me.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 19, 2018, 01:46 Mordecai Walfish

That really was cool. At first I thought "oh its just a perspective illusion", and could obviously make out the cut shape in accordance to the camera perspective.. then I saw the matchbox and ruler attached and it blew my mind. Awesome illusion.  

News Comments > Distance Released
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 19, 2018, 00:33 Mordecai Walfish

This is actually a pretty good one. Fun racing and a good twist on things for fans of the Wipeout/Redout type games.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 18, 2018, 16:33 Mordecai Walfish

It is kind of a kick in the balls for the pros who didn't get big through streaming and have dominated in their respective games/genres. It's just a "marketability pick"... guy makes ESPN cover for playing fortnite and pounding energy drinks on twitch. EXXTREEME  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Sep 18, 2018, 16:23 Mordecai Walfish

"Team Group T-Force" sounds like a broke-ass tranny knock-off of the A-Team  

2317 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo