Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1182 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 16, 2015, 13:58 Mordecai Walfish

Pigeon wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 10:19:
Hopefully theyíll add some extra bosses, dungeons and secrets. Iíve played 7 a few times so even with wonderful new visuals the appeal isnít as good as it could be. A hard-mode would be great, as the game is a breeze for veteran players.
Of course all that takes a back seat to my usual complaint of, WHY NO FF6(j) REMAKE?!?!!? My favorite of the series and it has gotten little attention except some crappy mobile port. Hell even FF3(j) got a remake.

FF VII: Hard Type

Play this version of you are a veteran looking for a challenge =) I'm playing through it on my psp currently and it's very challenging, even for a veteran player of FF7! Alot of bugs and loopholes that allow you to cheese your way through certain battles are patched, and its got a much more difficult balancing of enemies throughout.

And I totally agree about FF6, that is the most deserving of a remake, IMO. It would take a ton of work but be so amazing if they got it right.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unravel Announced
6. Re: Unravel Announced Jun 16, 2015, 04:45 Mordecai Walfish

Very reminiscent of Braid/Limbo. More please!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 16, 2015, 04:18 Mordecai Walfish

Fantaz wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 00:09:
now Sony should make PS4 backwards compat. with PS3 titles. (HURRY UP!)

With how unique the architecture on the PS3 was compared to the pretty standard x86 hardware in the 360, I don't see the PS4 getting emulation of PS3-era games ever.

Also, did anyone see that Early Access is coming to XbOne? DayZ is one of the titles mentioned along with Elite: Dangerous. LOL

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2015, 19:09 Mordecai Walfish

DangerDog wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 18:31:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 17:17:
New update for GTA V/Online today

Lots of good changes and bug fixes in there!

and yet no f**ks given for PC users wanting the FOV to be increased.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one if I were you..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2015, 17:17 Mordecai Walfish

New update for GTA V/Online today

Lots of good changes and bug fixes in there!

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
38. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 15:46 Mordecai Walfish

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 15:25:
It's worth noting that if people intend to get two cards (Crossfire/SLI) to get strong 4K gaming, they can get twice the memory with Mantle/DX12 as it doesn't have to be mirrored. So 2xFury would have 8GB available if games are coded for it. IIRC, one of the first games to support this will be the next Deus Ex.

I did not realize this fact about running dual cards in the new graphics APIs! Any source or further information about this working with older cards or is this only for newer "dx12/mantle certified" cards?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 30, 2015, 20:39 Mordecai Walfish

rocketpcguy wrote on May 29, 2015, 10:54:
nin wrote on May 28, 2015, 23:36:
NegaDeath wrote on May 28, 2015, 23:34:
Bah, just use a PS4 controller over standard Bluetooth and install Inputmapper to tricks games into thinking it's a 360 controller. Even doubles as a mouse pad for emergencies.

Yeah, I've been pretty happy with that.

wow, interesting. does force feedback/vibration work with a PS4 controller on windows?

It absolutely does! I got a PS4 controller a couple weeks ago for GTA V and didnt even have to install drivers to get it working, GTA V apparently plays nice with directinput controllers as well as xInput (xbox 360/one) controllers.

I havent installed software to emulate xInput yet (InputMapper, DS4Windows), and you'll need that software to have the rumble feature working correctly.. but I do know that it works. (Works great on my PS3 controllers too!)

I have been leaning towards using DS4windows instead of InputMapper because InputMapper seems to be branching out into a plugin-based platform for multiple different devices, not just PS4 controllers. I figured I would get DS4Windows to try first because it is solely focused on the DS4 with no extra bloat that I likely wont be using any time soon.

Either way, PS4 controllers are excellent for PCs. Better than the PS3 and x360 controllers (or any other gamepad I've tried on PC) by far.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization May 29, 2015, 16:16 Mordecai Walfish

I thought the whole google cardboard thing was an april fool's joke. VR for teh masses! hah  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
36. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 15:09 Mordecai Walfish

Xero wrote on May 28, 2015, 12:39:
Deathman29 wrote on May 28, 2015, 12:19:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 28, 2015, 10:55:
Uh I doubt he's talking about including the price of a monitor with a new pc, as most people already have one or hook it up to an existing HDTV.

Also.. $35 PSU? I'm sorry for anyone whom would ever think that is a viable option to put into a machine you're spending $500+ on.

You can easily get a PSU on sale for cheaper than $100. I know I've been looking at ones in the $75 range that's on sale.... normally $120. So yes you can still get good ones for cheap.

Even then only higher end ones will give more power which most systems don't need with a single GPU. Placing two or more GPU's in the system yes I'd look for a higher quality one. Otherwise its fine.

Course this is someone that spend $150... 7 years ago on a 750W Modular PSU that still runs like a tank today and has been through many upgrades but typically only uses a max of 420W full system load now thanks to upgrades, SSD, more efficient CPU's.

I bought my PSU for 60 bucks with a 10 dollar mail in rebate at Microcenter. It's 750w that is more than capable of my system as long as I don't go SLI. The PSU itself hasn't had great reviews (Corsair Bronze) but it's been a champ so far so I can't say anything bad about it.

I think mine was right around the same price point, ~$60 for a 750 watt corsair i got ~5 years ago. Still going strong. Needed it for the GTX 480 back then and it was a bit overkill but a good deal while it was on sale. One thing I will never skimp on is the PSU. I made that mistake in the past and paid dearly for it.. and for the minor expense of getting a mid-grade PSU, it is a lot more comforting knowing that I have a stable and reliable power supply in my rig.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 28, 2015, 11:25 Mordecai Walfish

This does leave a door open for competitors who can have a unique focus on catering to "mature" gamers. It's all about the kids on twitch, and will continue down that path until it is essentially the video game streaming equivalent of nickelodeon or the disney channel.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
11. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 10:55 Mordecai Walfish

Uh I doubt he's talking about including the price of a monitor with a new pc, as most people already have one or hook it up to an existing HDTV.

Also.. $35 PSU? I'm sorry for anyone whom would ever think that is a viable option to put into a machine you're spending $500+ on.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 28, 2015, 10:50 Mordecai Walfish

Capcom dropped the ball so hard with the PS4 version of USF4. It has nearly double the amount of input lag of the previous generation release. Many tournaments are vowing to stick with the 360 version unless Capcom/Sony can fix it, and so far all they seem to be doing is passing off the blame to a 3rd party developer they licensed to make the port.  

News Comments > Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned
9. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 26, 2015, 20:39 Mordecai Walfish

I personally dont think theyre going far enough here. I think they should be calling out the online key resellers that these fraudulent keys originated from.  

News Comments > Evolve Free Update Adds Arena Mode
5. Re: Evolve Free Update Adds Arena Mode May 26, 2015, 19:29 Mordecai Walfish

This should be a fun game mode for the ~1000 people still playing this game. Hopefully it doesn't get as stale as the main game mode quickly does. Such a tremendous letdown.  

News Comments > GOG.com Adds Freebies
10. Re: GOG.com Adds Freebies May 23, 2015, 01:46 Mordecai Walfish

LOL you dont gotta take everything, ya know?  

News Comments > AMD Project CARS & Witcher 3 Beta Drivers Coming
3. Re: AMD Project CARS & Witcher 3 Beta Drivers Coming May 21, 2015, 20:05 Mordecai Walfish

My gtx480 is a total fuckin' chick magnet, if not a status symbol. When they hear that puppy whirrin' they get to purrin'  

24. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 03:56 Mordecai Walfish

InBlack wrote on May 21, 2015, 03:11:
Yeah I dont get it, this is the first game 3d person game Ive tried in a long time which didn't autodetect my gamepad.

Anyway thanks for the help, so either motionjoy or x360ce emulators. Will give them a go.

The game looks great on my huge Plasma, much better than on my monitor, so I want to give it a go with a controller from a more leisurely position.

You wont need motioninjoy unless you are using a PS3 controller. x360ce is what you'll need

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
86. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 22:43 Mordecai Walfish

Heres the Eurogamer article

21. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 18:46 Mordecai Walfish

harlock wrote on May 20, 2015, 16:50:
InBlack wrote on May 20, 2015, 14:59:
Ok, help me out guys. Im freaking out here and feel like a total noob for not getting this. How the hell can I enable my Logitech Rumblepad 2 to work with the Witcher 3...

The Gamepad works fine in the calibration sofrware in Windows, but for some reason I cant find an option to enable it in game. The game doesnt seem to be autodetecting it....what gives...??

i run a cutdown version of the motionjoy app, lets me use my old PS3 controller in windows, as a xbox360 controller

works perfectly in everything, autodetected all the way, etc. - no issues ever

i advise getting some kind of emulator like that

I use motioninjoy as well.. by cut-down version do you mean a local-mode only version? Also what version do you use and do you have a link to the particular cut-down version you use?

I love motioninjoy for my ps3 controller as its worked flawlessly in games on my PC no matter how old/new they are, but there are some quirks with the version I use and I would like to find a branch version that addresses these issues (issues like using a ps3 bluetooth remote and getting the button mappings to stick to use as a HTPC remote for Kodi, for example). Seems like the original creator of the program isnt updating it anymore..

I just got a dualshock 4 controller to try with GTA V and see if it feels better than the PS3 controller (which without-a-doubt feels better than the 360 controller in GTA V) and am hoping I dont have to uninstall motioninjoy to get that working *fingers crossed*

EDIT: DS4 worked flawlessly with GTA V just plug-and-play, no drivers needed! Still getting used to the smaller analog sticks and the slightly different deadzones, but so far it's a winner! I'll need software for 360 controller emulation down the road, but GTA V supports directinput right out of the box flawlessly. That is a true rarity in today's games.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2015, 23:38.

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
51. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 20, 2015, 03:12 Mordecai Walfish

Slick wrote on May 20, 2015, 02:51:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:39:
The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:18:
But anyone who has been around 10+ years in PC Gaming knows that while AMD has good hardware, they are NOTORIOUS for horrible drivers. Every time I have upgraded my GPU since the good old VOODOO days, this has played a factor into my purchase of NVIDIA cards, and why I will NOT purchase a AMD card.
That and their heat, noise, and power consumption levels are much much higher than Nvidia cards.
I also like some of the bells and whistles Nvidia cards come with like Physx, and shadowplay which I use extensively to record gameplay.

this made me lol, you obviously forgot about Nvidia's roots as the big stinking inefficient monster GPUs of yore. please, don't believe me! enjoy this internal nVidia marketing video

also yes, I also liked physX, they were promising to be the new thing in gaming, a future with molecular physics in all games. Then nVidia bought them out, and now 1 in 100 games has a slightly better looking barrel explosion. the other 99 are untouched. Probably one of the most heartbreaking things to happen to "the future of gaming" since the dawn of the medium.

shadowplay is good though, that's why i bought a 980.

I've got an overclocked GTX 480 in my system currently and the power consumption and heat output on this thing is massive, it's probably the least efficient nvidia GPU from the past 5 years. Still a powerful card though and runs GTA V great on high/very high settings besides the lower res textures.

1182 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo