Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1707 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Take-Two Interactive Results
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 3, 2017, 21:48 Mordecai Walfish

Lower quality console version first, best version on PC later. They're avoiding undercutting their sales by announcing the best version later on, just like they did with GTA V. As far as a "PC gamer" being some kind of citizenship, I think that is a rather delusional viewpoint, as none of these companies owe you or I anything, and they simply target their product where it will make the most profit. That they make a quite enjoyable and solidly built product, as they did with GTAV, is honestly the most important thing here. GTA V on PS4 is a great game, and better than the PC in some regards because it doesnt have the rampant cheating. I probably would have gotten a PS4 just for it and a few other games, but many of them have come to PC, and even if it was a bit later, they are the most technically impressive versions of said games and I love having them on my platform of choice, even if they are a bit delayed because of marketing. Consoles have predominately been the target platform for a majority of games in the past many decades, and for good reasons in the developer's standpoint. We're still paying $60 for AAA games which cost exponentially more to make than they did decades ago when the retail cost was roughly the same (sometimes more!). We can't have it both ways as consumers, gotta take the good with the bad sometimes and realize it's not all about us.  

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2017, 18:36 Mordecai Walfish

Dream Daddy seems like it tapped into a similar market that Snuggle Truck did, and is the hot digital gag-gift of 2017. Wait til' conservative media starts reporting on its popularity and Alex Jones starts blaming tap water for this game's success. Now that I think of it.. Gay Frog Dating Simulator would be a fun twist oh this. I expect full royalty checks in the mail from whichever cunning dev scouring the bluesnews forums for ideas makes this a reality!  

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

News Comments > New SteelSeries Mice Boast 1-to-1 Sensors
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2017, 00:54 Mordecai Walfish

got a few g200s' left after switching over from the mx518 and being satisfied with this as a replacement. These new steelseries look nice though, and if priced halfway decently might be worth picking up.  

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 31, 2017, 18:30 Mordecai Walfish

Ouch. Struggling to stay on par with your competitor's 15 month old offering, who is also unveiling their new architecture in a matter of months? With damn near double the power draw?

I hope AMD stays in the game and greatly improves on this, but I can see very little draw to anyone in the market for a new GPU to choose one of these over the competition, unless the benchmarks show something remarkable about frame stability or their newest freesync implementation.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 31, 2017, 18:10 Mordecai Walfish

Ultra Street Fighter II Turbo: Championship Edition confirmed?  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2017, 20:00 Mordecai Walfish

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 16:04:
The cameras can be on even when pissing, that would just be edited out for any public consumption, pun.

Just wait until hackers compromise the system and release toilet footage from every police officer in the country in one huge data dump, pun.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 28, 2017, 16:23 Mordecai Walfish

I don't see how these specs are controversial at all.. It's a modern AAA game with modern requirements. The CPU requirement is a bit low because of the power they had to work with on consoles, but besides that it is par for the course.

Windows 7 will be supported. It's XP and Vista that recently went on the chopping block and will not be getting support. Windows 7 support will be consistent until MS stops supporting the OS in 2020.

Bungie generally puts out well optimized software, and if the console betas are any indication, this should go smoothly.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 27, 2017, 19:53 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 17:36:
I like the idea of a free anti-virus w/out ads.

And if you're listening to the canuck, which nobody does, all americans are stoopid and all canadians are brilliant. Except for one.

Kaspersky's AV is top-notch, consistently.. but this is still a hard pass. Too much bs going on between the usa and russia that I would not trust an antivirus program made in either country at this point. Avira is the current winner IMO, based in Germany and with the best combination of performance and detection currently available. (Check Av-comparatives.org and av-test.org results for proof of this)

Their free version has ads, but there has always been a way around them. Currently BGPkiller is the best way I know of, as it's just a ~1mb process that scans specifically for avira's ad service and stops it before it has a chance to load, preventing any cpu from being used by the ad service as well as preventing it from displaying. Used this for years and its 100% legit.

News Comments > PC Building Simulator This Fall
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 25, 2017, 19:15 Mordecai Walfish

whats with every youtuber needing to do the same damn faces for their video links? It's always either "shocked" "curious" or "cute girl" (who oftentimes isn't even in the video). I think of photoshopping dicks onto them every time I see some dude making his best "O face" for his youtube audience.

If I made a channel and had all my video icons as photoshopped youtubers with (censored) wangs in their mouths, would that be a violation of youtube's terms of service? Sounds like fun, if not. Maybe also make a Xx69VapeGOD420xX channel and parody all those cloud chasing clowns and reviewers too lol.

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Gladiator Update
3. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Gladiator Update Jul 22, 2017, 18:54 Mordecai Walfish

This was a spectacular failure from a grossly mismanaged studio. I was hoping this would turn out decent but it was a total dud. Avoid.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 21, 2017, 23:10 Mordecai Walfish

Hoop wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 19:45:
Razer is reportedly working on a phone just for gamers

Speed Dial has Blues phone number programed so you can call & ask him about the long ago past where "lag" (similar to dark matter) had gamers needing to predict the opponents future position in order for them & the projectile to "coalesce". (look it up)
This was made easier with the help of performance "enhancers" or in common terms alcohol & marijuana, back before the devils lettuce was grown to industrial strengths & the only game possible is can I keep my saliva in my mouth.

If the ghanja is 10x stronger than we only need like 1/10th what we used to though.. right? SCIENCE!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 20, 2017, 17:40 Mordecai Walfish

Isaac Hayes would be my pick for a personal assistant voice. That or Sandra Bernhard.  

News Comments > Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow
6. Re: Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow Jul 19, 2017, 17:14 Mordecai Walfish

Looks like Dragon's Dogma with base building and siege elements. Keeping an eye on this one  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 18, 2017, 15:04 Mordecai Walfish

Nice clickbait, but GTA V is not sold exclusively on Steam and never has been, and a large portion of its PC playerbase play it without Steam. PUBG is steam-only, and is doing well enough in sales that it does not need hyperbolic clickbait articles to bolster its performance or the perception of its overall popularity.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 14, 2017, 15:09 Mordecai Walfish

“If you lose your phone, or it dies, then you just replace it.” Pondsmith says, waving around his own smartphone, which is currently pinging him real-time information about seismic activity somewhere in South America. “I’m plugged into the planet with this thing. That’s how amazing it is, but the tech is everywhere. It took me about an hour at most to re-establish everything that had been on my old phone on this one when I bought it. Information and preferences are easily transferable.”

I think there’s a deeper issue though: even if I can replace the phone, I don’t control the networks and the satellites that allow the phone to operate. So much of the power isn’t in the phone, it’s in the access that the phone has, and that is not replaceable. Not by me at any rate. If my provider cuts me off from data and telecommunications networks, I own a very expensive brick that can play match-3 games.

“Think of it in the context of net neutrality, which is really about corporations not wanting people to have access to other people. Within six to eight years of net neutrality crashing and burning, if that happens, we’ll end up with an alternate net. You might not be able to build it yourself, but somebody will create it and provide ways for you to access it. The upshot of the ubiquity isn’t just that you can buy a thing or access it through official channels, it’s that when those official channels are taken away, or censored or throttled or controlled, somebody will always replace them. People will make alternate forms. It even happens with currency. Look at Bitcoin; it’s money that the government doesn’t necessarily control.“

Some interesting thoughts concerning Net Neutrality by Mike Pondsmith in that article. I'd like hope that will be the inevitable outcome if net neutrality gets ground up by the shitmachine in Washington DC right now.

News Comments > AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled
4. Re: AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled Jul 13, 2017, 13:07 Mordecai Walfish

Ryzen™ Threadripper™ 1™9™5™0™X™  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 10, 2017, 17:02 Mordecai Walfish

This is the price the rift should have launched at. I wonder if they are prepping a rift 2 for release later in the year and closing out some stock with this pricing  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 10, 2017, 14:25 Mordecai Walfish

Timmeh wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 13:15:
LIVVANALAUGTIMMEH!

News Comments > On Overwatch Balance
10. Re: On Overwatch Balance Jul 9, 2017, 12:44 Mordecai Walfish

TL;DR - Everybody chill out and get Doomfisted. They got this.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2017, 17:02.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 8, 2017, 17:54 Mordecai Walfish

I remember the last thread about denuvo we were playing at a couple guesses as to how long the newest denuvo would take to get cracked. 4 days, was how long it took. RIP Denuvo  

1707 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo