Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 2045 (Senior)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced
33. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 13, 2018, 23:27 Mordecai Walfish

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 19:12:
Rigs wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 17:38:
10 VM's at once?! I must really be using my system wrong because the other day when I was using a Linux VM it nearly brought it to it's knees. I mean, a Core i5-750/2.8, 14gb DDR3 and a 1050ti/4gb isn't exactly shabby. Then again, as RedEye can attest, my drives are just tad bit fragmented (and full), so maybe that's why. I guess it's time I did some spring cleaning on the old girl. Eight years old now and still goin' as my daily driver. I really can't complain, it's been the best system I ever built. *shrugs*

It's a Xeon E5-2690 v2 with 128GB of DDR3. It was specifically built so that I can use it to fully emulate stacked clusters before I rolled them out in to production. I also happen to game on it.

I got a stacked cluster you can "roll out into production" right over here, buddy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 13, 2018, 14:28 Mordecai Walfish

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 12:26:
I've been sitting patiently waiting for the next generation of GPUs to land to build a new computer. My CPU is a i7-4700K, ram is 16 gigs DDR3 and using a 500 gig second generation Intel SSD with a 980 Ti.

Its been working well on everything so far but I'm looking at a full upgrade and the caveat is the next generation from 1080 Ti..

So people that are in the know for processors, how did the new intels versus ryzen fan out and do you see these overtaking?

Save your money and wait for when gpu's and ram come back down in price from the ridiculous levels they are at now. 1180ti should be out by then, and your system is still really great for gaming overall until that time comes. (I have almost the exact same specs, but with a 4790k @ 4.7ghz and 1tb sandisk ssd.. been thinking about upgrades too lately and after a bunch of research it's just really apparent this is absolutely one of the worst times to upgrade or build a new PC)

News Comments > Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 in July
5. Re: Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 in July Apr 11, 2018, 11:48 Mordecai Walfish

ViRGE wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 04:43:
If anything it makes me want a modern PC port of the PSP remake. They did a really good job bringing X1 to 2.5D with that game.

PPSSPP is your friend =) great emulator and sometimes I will take my save file from the psp itself and just continue games on there if i'm at home.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 11, 2018, 10:48 Mordecai Walfish

rdr got quite the visual upgrade on the x, looking forward to playing through this soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyoUtEmzCl4

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 11, 2018, 03:04 Mordecai Walfish

looks like i'll be trying rdr for the first time on the x then.

kind of disappointed to hear about the x patch though, as it seems to indicate that the rdr remaster release that many have been hoping for (with pc version), isnt going to happen. if they were gonna release an updated version of the game, they would not patch the older one for x.

edit: damn, thats quite the visual upgrade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyoUtEmzCl4

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2018, 10:45.

News Comments > Evening Previews
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 11, 2018, 02:56 Mordecai Walfish

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 22:51:
Making it vertically oriented would actually be a really cool concept. If they did that, I might be interested.

this would be *very* hard to do without making it a camp-fest for those that are farther along than the others, unless military style weapons are taken out entirely.

News Comments > Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 10, 2018, 03:18 Mordecai Walfish

Leaked transcript portion from BossKey's meetings:

BK: "Jim from the mail room said he had some ideas he wanted to share with us. He was *the* really big fan of our last game, Lawbreakers, so let's give him a second to share his thoughts"

Jim: "Dude, lets do a mash-up of Fortnite, SmashTV and Dave Mirra freestyle BMX with that 80's synthwave look that the hipsters are buying up!"

BK: "That's brilliant! We'll make back the production costs on this turd from the vinyl sales alone!"

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
27. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 10, 2018, 03:00 Mordecai Walfish

Dev wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 00:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 12:26:
Man, to think I actually own this and haven't got a clue where to even download it nowadays (wasn't on Steam nor GoG.. so sod it)
Probably through rockstar directly like mine is. The social club thingy. Probably got it through one of the same sales I got my copy

GmG pre-order for like $42 or $46. Came with a million spacebucks too IIRC

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2018, 13:05 Mordecai Walfish

Fallout: New California just entered beta, and has a downloadable client.

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2018, 12:53 Mordecai Walfish

Gta online also has a bunch of story-type missions you can do with groups of 2-4 players that are a great deal of fun and have the excellent production quality of the single player, for the most part. Heists also are fun to play through once or twice. Having a group prepared beforehand will lead to much less frustration when try to play through these though.

Even though it took over a year to show up on PC, this game is perhaps the best port to ever come from console as well. Wish they would have shown the same love to GTA IV on PC, it's still a fucking mess.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans
12. removed Apr 6, 2018, 21:46 Mordecai Walfish

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 7, 2018, 12:27.

News Comments > Mobile Intel i9 CPUs Announced
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2018, 21:41 Mordecai Walfish

With Apple ditching Intel for their own chips in macs here in a couple years, Intel is sure to have some surprise "innovation" soon in the iGPU side of things. Perhaps the recent alliance with AMD to mix in their high-performance/low-power GPUs has something to do with it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2018, 07:29 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 22:11:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 20:43:
Beamer wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 16:03:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 16:00:
Bard wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 14:14:
Facebook.

It is silencing activism against the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.

An example of the things Companies should not have the ability to do.
I'm just waiting for the EU's GDPR to go into effect so I can request all data be permanently deleted and have that be legally binding. It will also guarantee that Facebook provides all data it holds you, as currently it can claim it does without any legislation to compe it to do so.

Facebook went from being a useful method to keep in touch with friends and family to be a parasitic marketing tool used to manipulate people and silence political discussion by placing users in echo chambers. I've already uninstalled the client and moved to Messenger Lite to avoid the egregious advertising introduced to the main client. I honestly don't miss it at all.

I never used the client. First thing I do when getting a new phone is uninstall it.

New phones come with fucking Facebook as part of the phone o/s though. You cannot simply uninstall without rooting, but you can uninstall any updates to the Facebook app, which is also a bad idea because you now have an outdated and vulnerable app on your phone that could be exploited potentially if not updated. Rooting is the only way you can be sure to kill this weed.

Sure you can disable it. Package disable pro

Only works on samsung phones. HTC/LG only here, maybe i can find something similar

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2018, 21:43 Mordecai Walfish

Timmeh wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 18:01:
Another prime example of why these leftist millennial morons should not be making decisions about the future of anything.

These guys are the Heart and Soul of what makes up today's CNN / MSNBC and the like crowd.

Our beautiful peacock Timmeh has added another straw-man feather to his partisan plumage. Such a magnificent bird.

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2018, 20:43 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 16:03:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 16:00:
Bard wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 14:14:
Facebook.

It is silencing activism against the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.

An example of the things Companies should not have the ability to do.
I'm just waiting for the EU's GDPR to go into effect so I can request all data be permanently deleted and have that be legally binding. It will also guarantee that Facebook provides all data it holds you, as currently it can claim it does without any legislation to compe it to do so.

Facebook went from being a useful method to keep in touch with friends and family to be a parasitic marketing tool used to manipulate people and silence political discussion by placing users in echo chambers. I've already uninstalled the client and moved to Messenger Lite to avoid the egregious advertising introduced to the main client. I honestly don't miss it at all.

I never used the client. First thing I do when getting a new phone is uninstall it.

New phones come with fucking Facebook as part of the phone o/s though. You cannot simply uninstall without rooting, but you can uninstall any updates to the Facebook app, which is also a bad idea because you now have an outdated and vulnerable app on your phone that could be exploited potentially if not updated. Rooting is the only way you can be sure to kill this weed.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Version 1.2.0 Plans
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 30, 2018, 08:55 Mordecai Walfish

after waiting all these years for bungie to finally release a new title on pc.. we got this steaming pile of shit game.

massively disappointing.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2018, 18:58 Mordecai Walfish

Even more interesting is that they have extended these rules to xbox live apparently in an attempt to get 12 year old kids to stop saying the n-word and claiming they're fucking everyone's mothers/pets/dinnerware/etc.  

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2018, 18:52 Mordecai Walfish

Another thing that needs to be addressed with Amazon is the massive IP theft that has turned it into one of the largest markets for asian counterfeit goods. I rarely trust anything I buy from them nowadays, as there is a massive risk of getting counterfeit products there.  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2018, 22:55 Mordecai Walfish

My nostalgic love of Ultima almost got me suckered into backing this, but it looked like a sinking ship from the start with the absurdly priced player housing being the main focus, it seemed.  

News Comments > 9 Monkeys of Shaolin Announced
2. Re: 9 Monkeys of Shaolin Announced Mar 25, 2018, 05:42 Mordecai Walfish

looks similar to the ninja turtles arcade game with donatello as the only playable character to me  

2045 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo