Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1303 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Tick Rate Increasing
2. Re: Overwatch Tic Rate Increasing Aug 12, 2016, 21:50 Mordecai Walfish

This is a very welcome change. I've rated each and every match played since release a 1/3 after I heard about how abysmally low their tick rate was. Lucioball's recent introduction has made it all the more apparent that the tick rate needs to be increased, with how much it looks like you're hitting the ball but actually not.  

Currently playing: River City Ransom (NES) , GTA:V (PC) , Zeliard (PC)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Season 1 Ends Soon
11. Re: Rank is so broken.... Aug 6, 2016, 19:24 Mordecai Walfish

thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 15:00:
Yifes wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 11:18:
thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 10:19:
Are you confusing rank with level? They are different. Your level is independent of your SR ranking and it really only used to determine your portrait and control the rate at which you gain "free" loot boxes. SR 74 as a solo player doesn't sound possible to me.

SR 74 as solo is absolutely possible if you're good enough. Here's C9 Surefour hitting SR 78 straight out of placement matches at lvl 26 on his alt, playing pure solo: https://www.twitch.tv/surefour/v/75913731

He climbs by himself to ~SR 81.

Don't blame the matchmaking or groups or your teammates for your low rank. If you've played enough games, you're exactly where you deserve to be.

Surefour was busted using an aimbot after one of his streams was analyzed. Yeah if you are a pro-gamer and/or cheat getting to any rank is possible. If you're not a pro-gamer and/or don't cheat, not so much.

Surefour has never been busted for aimbotting or cheating of any kind. He's played at major lan tournaments and taken MVP honors multiple times in that setting. Where is proof of this?

2nd, to whoever said its "not possible" that someone could solo queue to rank 74, and that my friend was "probably lying to me", that is incorrect. He didn't even have to speak a word to me, in fact.. I could see him on my friends list every night grinding away in solo queue and getting to that rank.

If your rank is low, oh well, something for you to work on. Don't dictate to others what is possible or not based on that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 5, 2016, 23:08 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 18:50:
It'd blow my mind if Musk could deliver some of this mind-blowing tech at prices most normal mortals could afford.

I thought that was pare of the "plan"? Introduce the tech in premium models in order to fund bringing it to more economical choices to come. I'd say he's well on the road towards achieving that.

News Comments > Overwatch Season 1 Ends Soon
3. Re: Rank is so broken.... Aug 5, 2016, 23:06 Mordecai Walfish

ELITE wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 19:23:
The whole ranking system is a joke.
Unless you play with a team of people you know - the whole ranking system is frustrating.

A buddy of mine got up to level 74 playing exclusively in solo queue. Thought that was pretty damn impressive. Once you get to a certain level you tend to see a lot more teamwork and communication, even playing with mostly solo players.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players
30. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 23:03 Mordecai Walfish

Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 21:42:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 17:24:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 13:39:
Redmask wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 08:31:
But seriously, what did you expect from two of the worst astro turfers on this board? An open mind and logical reasoning? It's all about the attention and outbursts. Every video game is the best or worst thing ever. Every minor situation requires a soapbox. Disagreements are personal vendettas. You're dealing with the mentally unstable, remember that.

I have never attacked anyone personally as you did with this post. The reason? This site's basic ground rules. It establishes basic decorum and etiquette when conversating with others. Unfortunately, those rules have been broken more than a few times in replies directed towards me. This site should maintain its high standards and never tolerate people calling others "mentally unstable." It is a form of "griefing" and an "attack of a personal nature".

Do you feel hurt in any way or that you may possibly be 'triggered' if this keeps up? Griefing, no matter how small (including the exploitation of a "perfect jab opportunity" towards others for misspelling words), is strictly against the rules. Online bullying is the #1 cause of rollerblading, after all. Don't be that guy.

There's a HUGE difference between:

"Pro-tip. The next time you decide to call someone a brainiac, have the decency to spell it correctly. "

and

"You're dealing with the mentally unstable, remember that."
"I get it now, you're a wealthy twit that hates poor people. Another hypocritical christian, you're proof that's one messed up cult."

But I have to admit I've have had a strong urge to take up rollerblading in the past few days. I'm trying not to be that guy. *shivers*

Heh, I was just kidding. I didn't look at the past comments nor do I know (or care) what the context is for any of that.

Good luck with the 'blading!

News Comments > Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer
17. Re: Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer Aug 5, 2016, 17:36 Mordecai Walfish

Sepharo wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 16:16:
That DM6 definitely has new routes. On the far side of the map where the jump pad to the grenade launcher and tall square columns? That has a new path on along the wall, right? And the other side of that area looks like a completely different layout.

But hey, I guess it could be closer than I think.

Oh yeah, there's definitely new routes. It's not just the same levels with new graphics. For example @ 0:26 in the video, you can see the infamous bridge to rail jump area has a 2nd corridor along the left side now, opposite of where the railgun was previously on dm6.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players
28. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 17:24 Mordecai Walfish

Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 13:39:
Redmask wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 08:31:
But seriously, what did you expect from two of the worst astro turfers on this board? An open mind and logical reasoning? It's all about the attention and outbursts. Every video game is the best or worst thing ever. Every minor situation requires a soapbox. Disagreements are personal vendettas. You're dealing with the mentally unstable, remember that.

I have never attacked anyone personally as you did with this post. The reason? This site's basic ground rules. It establishes basic decorum and etiquette when conversating with others. Unfortunately, those rules have been broken more than a few times in replies directed towards me. This site should maintain its high standards and never tolerate people calling others "mentally unstable." It is a form of "griefing" and an "attack of a personal nature".

Do you feel hurt in any way or that you may possibly be 'triggered' if this keeps up? Griefing, no matter how small (including the exploitation of a "perfect jab opportunity" towards others for misspelling words), is strictly against the rules. Online bullying is the #1 cause of rollerblading, after all. Don't be that guy.

News Comments > Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer
15. Re: Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer Aug 5, 2016, 16:09 Mordecai Walfish

This looks better than I thought it would. Saw the re-created Q3DM6, along with a couple other maps I can't remember the names of (2 from Q3, one from Q2) but I definitely recognize the layout on them. Does big fan service to put veteran players in familiar territory, but hopefully doesn't detract new players from getting into the game with how undoubtedly good a lot of players will be on these maps already. It's all about getting that new blood in.. something Quake has largely failed to do for over a decade now.  

News Comments > GTA Online Stunt Race Creator
3. Re: GTA Online Stunt Race Creator Aug 3, 2016, 15:15 Mordecai Walfish

Avus wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 13:25:
Why buy other crappy arcade racing game when you have GTA V?? (i am looking at you - POS Need for Speed )

I played a recent NfS at my cousin's house on his Xbox One and was thoroughly underwhelmed. It's amazing that a racing game cant get car physics and handling to feel good.. it's just this floaty mess with shiny, wet street texture graphics. I used to love playing NfS games back in the 90's and early 2000's. They've really taken a horrible turn for the worse since then. Hot pursuit was probably the last decent one.

News Comments > LawBreakers Video
1. Re: LawBreakers Video Aug 3, 2016, 14:37 Mordecai Walfish

I'm actually pretty excited to play the alpha for this. Looks to be some solid gibbin' fun.

The art style is a bit generic.. but then again so was Quake's

News Comments > Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Patched; Free MUA DLC Plans
7. Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Patched; Free MUA DLC Plans Aug 3, 2016, 14:33 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 13:42:
Avus wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 13:22:
Darks wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 09:42:
People aren't playing this with a keyboard, right?

Yes, i was playing it with a keyboard.

So do you enjoy "PRESS 1 TO ATTACK" and "if you want to attack using a skill, you have to press CTRL 1" or "PRESS 3 to jump"?

I enjoy a gamepad for games like these. The same way I'd never use a keyboard for racing game.

+1

The difference is night and day.

News Comments > GTA Online Stunt Race Creator
1. Re: GTA Online Stunt Race Creator Aug 3, 2016, 09:50 Mordecai Walfish

I love how Rockstar has paid attention to the user-made game modes that were most popular in multiplayer mods like SA:MP for their previous games. It's spawned Sumo mode, from what I think are the best custom servers from SA:MP, The Sumo Server / Andromeda Sumo (the GTAV implementation pales in comparison unfortunately.. they really need to allow custom arena creation in that game mode). With this patch comes another one with the Entourage mode, which is a direct descendant of the Protect The President SA:MP servers. And the stunt races with all the tubes and obstacles are obviously influenced by the many Stunt servers in SA:MP. Good stuff.  

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
19. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 3, 2016, 09:40 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 07:24:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 03:47:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 03:21:
Frijoles wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 00:07:
Caladell wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 21:26:
Wow. That sounds pretty bad. Personally, I have never had anything like that. Most I've had has been maybe 3 win/loss streaks, and it seems like that happens mostly due to one whole team just having an 'off' night or whatever.

I had a 12 game losing streak that lasted over a few days. I was quite salty by the end of it. On the plus side, I won several in a row after that.

Was just about to post something similar. I think Eraser is experiencing something of a confirmation bias. People tend to forget this is a team game, if you need to carry just one bad team player in a 6 player team and the other team doesn't, you will lose.

It's most definitely confirmation bias.
Especially as evidenced by the "unless you quit and rejoin due to teams being rigged against you" ... quitting and rejoining does nothing. Matchmaking does not take into account your most recent games specifically, it simply looks at your rating and group composition if you're in one, nothing more.

Confirmation bias or plain bad luck is possible and I won't deny that, as MM is opaque, and you can't even see your own MMR, but ever since I started to quit after 2 wins out of a lobby with absolute no exception my W/R went back up to 49% (before it was 37% trending lower). So whatever quitting out of a lobby after 2 rounds and looking for a new match does... it works for me. I do this completely regardless of wins/loss in those 2 rounds btw. And if MM were working properly and the way you say, then what I do would not have improved my W/R. But I feel like this is kind of a shitty exploit, so I still felt the need to complain.

Lucio Ball may be the only game mode in Overwatch I actually enjoy playing btw Mainly because it ain't hobbled by this atrocious nemesis of mine, the MM. ^^

Who knows.. with how cryptic Blizzard has been about the formulas that make matchmaking function under the hood, it's entirely possible that you've 'cracked the code' somewhat and found something that works for you within it. Can't deny that possibility either. I just know personally, with a 60% winrate, it's not really necessary/beneficial to delve into the more conspiratorial side of things. Teamwork is what wins the day in the end.

Lucio Ball is a really fun game mode, especially once you get the hang of the different mechanics allowed exclusively in that game type, like the jump pads, the walls that give you a sizeable speed boost when you use lucio's wall ride on them, bunny-hopping to maintain speed, and my favorite, using his ult near (or inside) the enemy goal to suck the ball into you and score.. and on the defensive side, using it to pull back shots from the enemy team and deny them the goal. Didn't expect to have so much fun with that. My freebie Summer Games box had Ana's wasteland legendary skin in it also, which looks awesome. Haven't been very lucky with item drops for a long while so that was refreshing.

After playing Lucio Brawl a bunch of rounds I got together with a 6-man team and we won 6 games in a row in competitive, which took me to my highest ranked level yet (65). Amidst all the BS and DDOSing that occurred after the patch came out.. I'm still having a ton of fun in Overwatch while those miserable banned cheaters waste their time and effort.

If you want to team up, practice new chars, play lucio ball.. any of it, add me in b.net. Mordecai#1331. Always more fun with a group focused on the same goal, whether that goal be fun or victory.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2016, 07:23 Mordecai Walfish

Sandisk Extreme Pro's are also rock solid. 10 yr warranty and no degraded speeds over time/usage. I picked up a 1tb one for around $300 and couldn't be happier with it.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Aug 3, 2016, 07:13 Mordecai Walfish

It's really a good idea to package this with DOOM though.. as strange as that sounds. Nobody really plays it for the multiplayer, so using a different control device to sit comfortably on your couch and play is a lot more appealing because you don't have to be competitive against other mouse users like you would in multiplayer. Also the difficulty isn't very high so that helps with not having to be laser accurate either.  

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
12. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 2, 2016, 23:58 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 21:18:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:51:
Overwatch is one of these games I stopped playing and never returned to.. did they ever actually fix this god awful matchmaking in a patch yet?

I've never had an issue with it. What's the exact complaint?

As a skilled solo player there are only 2 types of matches you get from this MM

1 is a single win -> infinite lose streak unless you quit and rejoin due to teams being rigged against you
2 is a join into a losing round

Is it a problem of too much FPS skill pushing me into insane MM ranks and thus weird edge cases? Don't care, I play to have fun, Overwatch regularly matches me against people where I don't have fun if I even so much as play "decently" ;/

Or put simpler, if I play REALLY good 1 or 2 rounds, the game punishes me for it with 5+ rolfstomp losses.. and that ain't fun. Wish I could figure out why that happens to me and not to say, you. Is it my region and thus my ping during the times I play putting me in weird edge cases of match making?

Btw, this happened to me over a dozen times. It annoyed me enough I threw the game (not literally) out of the window.

Sounds like bad luck more than anything else to me. Perhaps you're reading the tea leaves a bit too much on this one.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2016, 17:11 Mordecai Walfish

EVGA always does this, it's nothing new.

2500+ mhz on the core in a 1080 is an amazing overclock, and he set a record with it. He set it while using EVGA parts as they sponsor this particular overclocker named K|NGP|N. It's just an enthusiast advertising avenue for EVGA.

News Comments > More Overwatch Bans
24. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 10:43 Mordecai Walfish

"whatever i'l just go cheat in CSGO"

hahahahahaha

good riddance.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
32. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 31, 2016, 16:50 Mordecai Walfish

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 14:21:
I switched to Win10 on the day before the last day of it being free. So I know I have not had alot of time with it. But so far it has given me no real problems.

Well I wanted to give DirectX 12 a go, only game I have that supports it is Rust. And Rust became quickly ruined, unsure why. The graphics were super bad and the water was a sickly piss yellow after I switched to DX12 mode in the Steam launcher.

My wife provided me with a program that regedits and alters some of Win10's spying and other un-needed crap. After some additional selective editing it feels alot less stupid and more normal window's like.

Rust's dx12 support is very much experimental at this point, and mostly broken, as you saw first hand. I don't expect that to change anytime soon while they focus on the core mechanics currently. It looks like they are trying to get out of early access pretty soon here with all the advancements its made lately, so DX12 may be fixed there somewhat soon.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 31, 2016, 16:37 Mordecai Walfish

Damn the RX480 is a real piece of junk. The article says it nuked windows to the point of requiring a system restore *and* fucked up his monitor when he tried to overclock on it. I think the power regulation in it is just poorly designed, as is demonstrated by the pci overloads that required a driver fix to nerf the card, and damage being done to devices it's hooked up to that has been reported.  

1303 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo