Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1707 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
42. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 27, 2017, 14:17 Mordecai Walfish

"In the latest twist to the Star Citizen saga, Cloud Imperium decides to give all of it's backers facials at Gamescom2017. The crowd was overly enthusiastic about their facials, with one proclaiming 'In an ideal universe Chris Roberts would be bending me over all day!' The event ended in uproarious applause as Miley Cyrus made a guest appearance to 'wipe down the loads' as the guests exited the arena."  

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 25, 2017, 23:25 Mordecai Walfish

I watched some of their presentation. It was buggy with a bunch of scripted players sounding forced and generic. Bugs are expected still, but some of it was so bad I can't believe they didn't recognize those issues should have probably been fixed before the demo. It wrecked the flow of their scripted scenarios, sometimes multiple times in a row. I still have hope something decent may come of all of this mess.  

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

News Comments > Secret of Mana Remake Plans
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 25, 2017, 16:07 Mordecai Walfish

Awesome, one of my favorites being remade *and* it's getting released on steam. Was hoping for internet co-op, but local is great fun in the original and very welcome here. The graphics look like an android/mobile game, but when zoomed out to the normal overhead view it probably will look a lot better. I was just talking with some folks on Reddit about this game being a collective fave.. I still have the poster from the SNES original framed on my wall.

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 13:30:
Chrono trigger remake next? One can hope

It's mind boggling that they have not done this yet. That would sell millions on every platform they release it on, easily.

Edit:saw a couple screenshots of the traditional isometric/top down view and it looks great:

https://flic.kr/p/XJ1jEq

https://flic.kr/p/XJ1jG9

https://flic.kr/p/XLG6SP

Steam page is up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/637670/Secret_of_Mana/

Say it has Japanese audio options too, so it won't potentially get ruined by a terrible English dub. Awesome.

Features also show both 'Multi-player' and 'Local Co-op' listed. I want to believe!

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2017, 19:10.

News Comments > TEKKEN 7 DLC Next Week
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 24, 2017, 20:54 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 19:08:
Yet GTA 4 had bowling AND npc's Roman to go bowling with and everyone hated it!

FTFY

(I hated it because I got sick of Roman's calls..)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 24, 2017, 20:17 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 19:17:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 15:47:
That rube goldberg machine was pretty damn impressive. Especially how they pulled off the whiteboard flip and everything continued so smoothly.

Also Cutter, regarding the forced splits video: I see you read the first comment on that link as well. Funny how this has absolutely nothing to do with race and just people being assholes in general, but it's taken there because of this garbage political climate and media sensationalism that has become so deeply ingrained into our everyday lives. It seems logical to me that if one wants to see fewer baseless racist accusations, they should themselves try to avoid making hypothetical racist accusations as knee-jerk responses as well. That cycle of thought does not seem like the solution to any of the racial woes in our society, and more-so comes across as a sort of partisan satisfaction in confirming your own beliefs once again in a public forum with whatever loosely tied-together threads you can find on the internet/news.

Blah blah blah, spoken like a true SJW. If the scenario unfolded as I stated you'd be screaming your head off how those white racist pigs are so cruel.

I care that the act was cruel, not about the race of anyone involved, as it does not appear to involve that element at all. I don't really fly with the whole outrage thing about mundane social justice positions on the internet, manufactured or otherwise. People can get their panties in a bunch about whatever they damn well please, and I will sometimes choose to comment when I see something that comes across as ridiculous to me. Calling people with differing opinions a "true SJW" speaks volumes about how you've conditioned yourself to respond when challenged while espousing that nonsense. I'll put it like this: I hate everyone pretty much equally, and I've got my own biases and prejudices so it's not 100% equal, nor do I care for it to be. It's kept me alive this long, so I tend to stick with my gut feeling more times than not. If I saw someone posting that the black guy was being racist to the girl in the video, I would have called out that bullshit when I saw it too. I'm really not a fan of either potential side of that fallacy. Chaotic neutral I guess, in 'nerd terms.' I honestly think both sides need to chill the hell out and stop being dumbasses, as this point.

----------------------

TL;DR "Blah blah blah"

News Comments > Hyper Universe Early Access
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 24, 2017, 17:44 Mordecai Walfish

24 unlocked Hypers (playable champions) free along with all their unique equipment (worth an estimated $120)

LO-fuckin'-L, in what universe?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 24, 2017, 15:47 Mordecai Walfish

That rube goldberg machine was pretty damn impressive. Especially how they pulled off the whiteboard flip and everything continued so smoothly.

Also Cutter, regarding the forced splits video: I see you read the first comment on that link as well. Funny how this has absolutely nothing to do with race and just people being assholes in general, but it's taken there because of this garbage political climate and media sensationalism that has become so deeply ingrained into our everyday lives. It seems logical to me that if one wants to see fewer baseless racist accusations, they should themselves try to avoid making hypothetical racist accusations as knee-jerk responses as well. That cycle of thought does not seem like the solution to any of the racial woes in our society, and more-so comes across as a sort of partisan satisfaction in confirming your own beliefs once again in a public forum with whatever loosely tied-together threads you can find on the internet/news.

News Comments > TEKKEN 7 DLC Next Week
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 24, 2017, 13:15 Mordecai Walfish

Jivaro wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 11:14:
I am entirely too happy about the return of Tekken Bowl.

ditto!

strap on those virtual bowling shows

VR support confirmed for tekken bowl?

News Comments > Overwatch Mei Trailer
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2017, 21:36 Mordecai Walfish

&#20039;&#20034;&#12562;&#23610;&#21314; &#12562;&#21316;&#20008;&#21274;&#21274;  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2017, 19:55 Mordecai Walfish

Quboid wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 14:10:
It's also at gamers' expense, but let's not let that stop us from jumping on the guy trying to help.

Doesn't his 30% cut include making the freaking Unreal engine? That's a completely different service to app stores.

I wasn't aware that devs are paying for UE4 by the 30% cut epic takes from the app store.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2017, 20:50 Mordecai Walfish

Seems pretty hypocritical for a man who's in charge of "The Unreal Engine Marketplace", which takes a (surprise, surprise) 30% cut of everything sold there.

Directly from their FAQ:

"What is the revenue split?
For every item sold, developers receive 70% of the base price."

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2017, 18:02 Mordecai Walfish

Simon Says wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 16:52:
While I disagree with capped plans. I've never been able to tell the difference ( in blind tests ) between 480p and full 1440p videos on my S7 and I have 20/10 vision ( higher than normal ). So unless you're on a phablet, I doubt anyone would notice.

480/720p is completely sufficient for small screens like that, but many users choose to stream the higher quality content to devices like HD/4K tv's, where you can tell the difference.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2017, 15:08 Mordecai Walfish

Verizon sets new speed records on it's network while simultaneously shutting down it's customer's ability to stream 1080p+ content to their devices (including the many users that stream video to their HD/4K tv).

You know what option that people who want to watch 1080+ content will have now? Pirate sites that let them download in full quality and then watch on whatever device they want without Verizon's bullshit restrictions. GG Verizon.

News Comments > The Crew 2 in March
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2017, 15:03 Mordecai Walfish

If they fix the shitty driving/controls and the graphics engine, this game could truly be great.  

News Comments > Overwatch Junkertown Map Tease
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 21, 2017, 20:49 Mordecai Walfish

Heard some stuff about D.va possibly getting a mech upgrade with missiles, which would be interesting to say the least =)  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Announced
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 21, 2017, 19:06 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 15:47:
Hopefully they'll release everything, including all the DLC, in one package.

I quite enjoyed FF15, though the later chapters get really very grim and bleak. The early open world part is a lot of fun, though.

Video looks pretty incredible. I wonder what kind of setup you'd need to run it that way, but phew.

From the Nvidia article:

"Post-launch console DLC (EPISODES GLADIOLUS, PROMPTO and IGNIS, as well as the FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES) is included"

The ansel screenshots on that nvidia page are awesome.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Announced
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 21, 2017, 18:33 Mordecai Walfish

Kxmode wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 17:57:
I can't remember a time where Square-Enix released a FF game so quickly on PC.

This does seem to be the quickest they've released a FF game on PC, which is a very nice change.

News Comments > Hurl VR Next Month
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 21, 2017, 08:10 Mordecai Walfish

Hurl would be a good name for a VR rollercoaster simulator.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 20, 2017, 16:48 Mordecai Walfish

It's marketing. No way they could do this.

Sony leads on their install base worldwide for the PS4 by more than a 2:1 ratio to the xbox one.

Multiplayer games therefore have much fuller playerbases on PS4 which is usually a more desirable scenario for most people. The xbox1 would essentially be piggybacking off Sony's player numbers and making their online/multiplayer ecosystem seem more vibrant as a result of this. Sony knows this, and they're not going to just give that free boost to MS. It sucks for the gamers who want games to have a full playerbase for as long as possible in multiplayer games, which will inevitably happen on the console that sells the best. It's a smart business decision for them to restrict this unfortunately, so I don't see it changing anytime soon.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Trailer
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 19, 2017, 18:47 Mordecai Walfish

theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:27:
Either way, we're lucky to have such a rich offering of quality racing titles.

Agreed. Many excellent options out there.

1707 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo