Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1707 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 1, 2017, 13:43 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 12:22:
30 is the new 60
PUBG Will Run At 30 FPS On All Xbox One Devices, PlayerUnknown Clarifies

Would it really make any sense to make the playing field uneven by having people with a 60fps advantage over the "basic version" peasantry? I could see why they would want to have parity here. Resolution is not as big a deal, but double the framerate is massive, even on the consoles with their less-precise gamepad controls.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD Driver Rebranding
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2017, 14:28 Mordecai Walfish

Kxmode wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:31:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:04:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 12:50:
Radeon Software Fighter II EX Plus Alpha

AMD® Ultra Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Turbo EX Championship Alpha Hyper-Fighting' Arcade Edition Plus©

I think we have a winner

Moreso just a tortured soul that has bought every version of street fighter with those various words in the title besides EX and Plus. I think Capcom was the real winner there. Drunk

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2017, 13:28 Mordecai Walfish

The Age of Information killed the diamond industry, and good riddance to it, I say.  

News Comments > AMD Driver Rebranding
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2017, 13:04 Mordecai Walfish

Kxmode wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 12:50:
Radeon Software Fighter II EX Plus Alpha

AMD® Ultra Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Turbo EX Championship Alpha Hyper-Fighting' Arcade Edition Plus©

They're just trying to match the Gaudiness of their users' latest RGB Gamzor builds with their branding names at this point.

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
30. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 29, 2017, 14:47 Mordecai Walfish

I backed this game the day after the kickstarter went live, when I first heard about it. Wing Commander was one of my favorite 90's games and I wanted to see this do well. Only put in for $35 and haven't increased that amount since, but I'm really doubting that this game is going to be released before 2020 at this point with all the extra shit being added and constant disappointments from the alpha releases being pushed back, especially single player content. I was the 7500th backer to this though, and will see it through and hopefully there will be a fun game eventually. With inflation my pledge will be worth probably $70-100 by the time this comes out, so I do feel a bit cheated there, but I'm still hopeful that some good will (eventually..) come from this, and if not, I've had probably $35 worth of entertainment from these threads alone  

News Comments > STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE - 4K & Full HD Remaster Released
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 29, 2017, 14:35 Mordecai Walfish

Task wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 08:22:
Like most of these long running jRPG series, I think the first one being introduced to is the 'fav.'

My first Final Fantasy was the original NES game. I remember sending in a polaroid of my WarMech encounter to Nintendo Power for a contest they were doing. (WarMech was an extremely rare random encounter, but not as annoying as the pink puffs on the moon from Final Fantasy 2/4 because you didn't have to steal an even rarer item once you get the rare encounter, lol). My favorite is still Final Fantasy VI though. If/when they decide to do that game justice by making a proper modern remake, I will be all over that. It's the best 16-bit RPG of all time, IMO.

News Comments > STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE - 4K & Full HD Remaster Released
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 28, 2017, 19:41 Mordecai Walfish

necrosis wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 19:36:
Great. Another game where if you have a monitor over 60Hz the game runs at 2-3x speed.

Fallout 4 lockpicking if you know what I mean.

Find it amazing they do not test for these things. They make it 4k but dont test high refresh rate?

Sucks but a high refresh rate is completely unnecessary in this game. Just set your monitor to 60hz and it will run fine. Many games have this issue, in my experience usually japanese ports like shmups.

Really looking forward to trying this though. One of my favorite Playstation games is Star Ocean: The Second Story. Put tons of hours into that and always loved the more action oriented battle sequences. Playing through the PSP remake right now on the excellent PPSSPP emulator actually.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 26, 2017, 17:12 Mordecai Walfish

from the comments section of that article on Ajit Pai:

“Ajit has internet, if you have coin…”

fucking priceless.

News Comments > New Steam CCU Record
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 26, 2017, 16:10 Mordecai Walfish

Jagacademy wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 15:46:
PUBG has a massive cheating problem, to an extent I've never seen in any game I've ever played. Got squad wiped by hackers in 9 of my 21 games yesterday.

Each and every time, it is someone with a Chinese name. I have absolutely no idea why Bluehole feels the need to have cross-region play, when there are already 100's of thousands (or millions) of players in each region.

In the US, people risk a Steam ban for cheating. In China, they risk absolutely nothing, so cheating is rampart.

Even if they didnt allow cross-region, chinese folks could vpn and get around that. It's the biggest FPS game out there right now, and therefore will attract the most cheaters. A smart option would be only to allow verified users with a public profile, no vac bans, and possibly a required amount of playtime on your account on more hardcore servers.

News Comments > Black Mirror Trailer
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 22, 2017, 19:33 Mordecai Walfish

Next season of the show is supposed to be out in less than a month as well  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 22, 2017, 02:51 Mordecai Walfish

It is quite simple to retrieve this information by using cell tower data, WiFi access point data, and even based on the IP address assigned to a user if not using a VPN or onion routing of some sort, and even with the latter options is not 100% bulletproof.

Google is most certainly not the only company/entity doing this. ISP's, Government agencies, and malware providers/ad agencies are no doubt accessing this information at large as well. Google is honestly amongst the least to be concerned with in this group.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 21, 2017, 18:44 Mordecai Walfish

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Let your state representatives know that this is an important issue to their voters. It ain't over yet.

News Comments > Morning Patches
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 21, 2017, 16:51 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 11:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 11:11:
Am I reading this right, there have been two major mod releases for Witcher 3 in back to back days? Or are they the same ones?

No, they're different mods. Also, the Enhanced Edition mod had been out for quite a while, it had just received an update in the last week or so.

Quite frankly, the EE mod looks boring as hell. Large monsters are literally incapable of defending themselves against you if you can "bend" your attacks around them. Kudos to the guy for making something different, but not every mod that claims to make combat better actually does so. (Unless you enjoy just chopping monsters down without them being able to do anything against you.)

I like the changelist of this Immersion mod, especially that he buffed Yen and Trish. They always felt like piddly cantrip casters in the game, rather than two of the most powerful sorceresses of all time.

This Immersion and Gameplay mod is incompatible with the other mod as well, and between the two, the one made by a CDPR senior gameplay designer is an easy pick, as the other mod basically just turns the combat into more of an action game.

News Comments > Free Brütal Legend
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 21, 2017, 01:29 Mordecai Walfish

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 23:31:
The game is HEAVILY front-loaded on awesome, and the story gets less "fun" and all serious as it goes on.

Could say the same about a lot of Jack Black movies too, still love 'em though =)

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch
6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch Nov 20, 2017, 23:31 Mordecai Walfish

I've played this since launch and literally just uninstalled it last week after realizing that, while it is fun, the gunplay that the entire experience is based around is so poor that getting shot around corners is pretty much just a core gameplay mechanic, and that is something that is never going to change. It's all glitz, but very lacking in substance with a very wobbly foundation it is built upon. I did have some fun with this over the years, but it is not really worth playing as either an MMO or a shooter, at this point.  

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2017, 21:51 Mordecai Walfish

Kxmode wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 19:10:
eSports Game of the Year sponsored by OMEN by HP - Overwatch

wat

Taco Bell™ Big Gordita Crunch® What Plants Crave© Award - Overwatch

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2017, 02:05 Mordecai Walfish

"The Darko Knight"  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
43. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2017, 07:49 Mordecai Walfish

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 02:47:
Timmeh wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 02:12:
I hope EA and Dice read this. !@#$ off. Not only will I never buy SWBF2.. but I also deleted Battlefield 1. You can shove it all up your ass. I will never buy another dice product again. Ever.

I'm sure they've read this and it will come up in the next corporate memo. Also, they're really sad that you won't play a game you already bought.

I swear, it's like every gamer is a newly-drafted SJW, and they're all fighting the good fight for the betterment of the universe.

People don't get this passionate about real wars, climate change, or the possibility of a nuclear exchange with North Korea.

People need to get their fucking priorities straight... or you know, keep attacking people who've spent their entire lives to get a chance to make videogames, or even better the people who play those games. They're the evil ones! LET'S ALL GET EM BOYS!

Reminds me of the Sean Hannity crap recently with retards destroying their Keurig coffee makers. I guess neither common sense or critical thinking is very popular with that crowd though, so it's somewhat of a fitting response.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 15, 2017, 18:26 Mordecai Walfish

JSP wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 17:26:
On the contrary, I'd love it wholeheartedly if CD Projekt would fail while developing the greatest game ever to be released. There is no ambition, no aim for the sky courage anymore, all trying to be safe and beat around the bush, aping the industry conglomerates on the inner safer track of following trends, not veering from boring conventions at all. It's all part of a slow descent of gaming to another eventual crash, and if this monumental undertaking has reverberations of either rescuing it from gaming's inevitable end or hastening its demise in a fiery crash, I will be cheering it every step, every hype building update of the way!! If you can't stand the heat, get out the kitchen, to dethrone the leader and be the best, this is the price to pay. With Witcher 3 as their magnum opus they already made a lasting contribution, and this may be their all-in attempt to be the greatest of all time, who is to stop them and their grand campaign? This is like New Game+ for them after beating a hard game, challenge their limit to the fullest! I would rather them die on their own accord then be bought out by some conglomerate and squeezed out hollow!

Agreed. Games like Witcher 3 are only possible in the first place because of devs setting their sights higher than they did previously in every way possible. They also talked a big game about how good Witcher 3 would be before release, and they delivered. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt here and am psyched that they are aiming for absolute greatness with an IP as fantastic as Cyberpunk. The devs are no-doubt pumped about working on a new IP instead of rehashing the Witcher universe yet again as well, as much as they love that universe. There is a tremendous opportunity to experiment with new things and delve into a very rich source material that is much more fleshed out than the Witcher universe already.

Besides that, the creator of Cyberpunk is working directly with them on this as well, and that has to be a huge boost for a team that Pondsmith (the creator of Cyberpunk) claims are such huge fans of the source material that they even "know stuff about Cyberpunk that I’ve forgotten.”

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 15, 2017, 18:14 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 13:47:
So I felt like going for a drive last night and hopped into American Trucker for a little jaunt in America's beautiful southwest - btw anyone get the New Mexico DLC yet? I'll probably grab it at Xmas. So listening to the internet radio I found a station out of Branson MO by the name of Heartland Public Radio and they play classic country - 50s & 60s - and they were playing all this old trucker music. It was so sweet! When I was kid and used to hang out at my cousin's place my aunt and uncle were big into the old country music so it's a definite flashback for me. And what's more I really like the stuff, whereas all the new country these days is just corporate pop-country garbage. Anyway give 'em a listen if you like real country music....

HPR1 Country Classics

Wow, I had never thought about how the prevalence of local radio stations having internet streams could take immersion in games like this to a different level. I love this kind of stuff. The right kind of music playing with so many different games/genres really sets them off in completely different ways. Listening to the same loop of in-game audio generally can't match the experience you get when experimenting with other soundtracks. It's a shame that so many of the internet music streams I used to love to listen to while gaming have been shut down though. It was nice for a while when things were like the wild west in that regard, with underground streams playing whatever the hell they wanted and making some really compelling playlists without licensing restrictions.

1707 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo