Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1999 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2018, 03:10 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2018, 19:26:
What the hell is it with people pooping in public??

We went to the moon.. why can't we poop in public?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quake Champions Adding CTF and More
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2018, 02:59 Mordecai Walfish

about. fucking. time.

bots were removed recently, also.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 27, 2018, 22:45 Mordecai Walfish

the world as a whole has "downvoted" facebook into the largest loss in stock market history. off to a pretty good start!  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 15:22 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 11:26:
Out of curiosity, does anyone have a good game that they've played with non-gamers? My GF is curious, but has never really played anything. I bought one of the Harry Potter Lego games on GoG, but put in about 20 minutes on my own to give it a test and it's one of the most dull things I've ever played.

I'm leaning towards A Wolf Among Us, but it might be too gritty, and not sure how she'll like the Quicktimey stuff, even if just making a snap decision with a controller she's unfamiliar with. I'd prefer something two player with puzzles, and maybe the Harry Potter game gets better, but man, it just felt like it lacked the need for both skill and thinking.

Puzzlers like that new Tetris on steam might be a good pick. Also can never go wrong with katamari. If you don't have a console it was on then pcsx2 will do the trick. Maybe a fun and forgiving driving game like a kart racer?

Edit: also maybe sea of thieves. Not single screen but fits the bill very well.

19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 27, 2018, 01:42 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 14:00:
Motherfucker! I hate cheap people. Disco'd the PC took it outside and gave it a good cleaning. All amped to install the new SSD and...? Fuckers didn't include the mounting screws? Are you fucking kidding me? $140 HD and you can't throw in 4 tiny screws?

Usually your case comes with more than enough spares for whatever drives you want to add, i know i have a little baggie of like 50 of the fuckers

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 27, 2018, 01:38 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 20:14:

It's time for Internet 2.0 because 1.0 is a failure where security is concerned.

That's because 1.0 and the technologies built to link to it were not made with security in mind. It's been decades of patchwork to make sure things just keep flowing without major issues. 2.0 can't come soon enough. Bring on the fucky ip addresses, I'm ready!

News Comments > Steam Chat Launches
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 26, 2018, 01:38 Mordecai Walfish

subx wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 05:33:
Adding the params -nochatui -nofriendsui when starting Steam seems to kill it for the moment.

that is way helpful. can still bring up chat after steam launches and it is the old style with the option to have offline mode and everything.

sweet.

News Comments > Steam Chat Launches
20. Re: Steam Chat Launches Jul 25, 2018, 22:05 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 12:56:
Sooo, Steam says I have one unread chat message. I'll be fucked if I can get that one message to pop up, though. I exited out of Steam chat, and there doesn't seem to be any way to get it to come back up, other than exit the client and restart it?

And in Steam chat, I don't see this message. Yet in my notification box, there's one unread message. Clicking on it does nothing.

Seems to me like this should have been baked in beta for a while longer.

notification box messages also indicate replies from steam support and subscribed steam forum/discussions thread responses. could be one of those.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
31. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 15, 2018, 19:42 Mordecai Walfish

God these threads never disappoint. Keep 'em coming boys! I'd estimate we can probably expect 4-8 more years of this at star citizen's current crawl.

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 14, 2018, 02:19 Mordecai Walfish

Kxmode wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 16:09:

So I guess now that I have two 500GB SSDs and a 2TB 7200 HDD. I'll go with TheBigVlad's suggestion of an SDD for Windows, another SDD for top-teir games, and the HDD for everything else.

500gb is massive for a system disk. just make a 120gb partition and you should have plenty of room for OS, and 880gb remaining of SSD space for games, which will let you fit like 8-10 modern AAA games on at a time, lol. crazy we're at >100gb for games now.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 13, 2018, 19:39 Mordecai Walfish

I saw one of these in my spambox and instantly thought, "well at least they are enjoying Black Mirror too!"  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
24. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 13, 2018, 19:29 Mordecai Walfish

Brad L wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 15:42:
I can't help but feel that BluesNews is pushing for the ban of InfoWars on Facebook. Please don't mix my hobby of gaming with politics. Only bad things will come from it.

You are certainly free to stay out of political discussion here an stick to whatever echo chamber you are most comfortable with. We talk about all manner of things here besides gaming.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 13, 2018, 19:20 Mordecai Walfish

Timmeh wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 11:44:
all of those are absolute lying propaganda sites themselves.

This is what being indoctrinated into Trump-ism looks like. Absolutes and blindly hypocritical blanket statements like this. Self awareness has completely vanished for a good portion of this country, and you are a shining example of this.

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Jul 13, 2018, 19:03 Mordecai Walfish

I'll load this up for my first playthrough of bl2, having just beat bl1 and all it's dlc in the past couple months with some buddies on lan. Gonna lan the 2nd one too, I had more fun than I expected with the first game. Good times.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
34. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 11, 2018, 18:36 Mordecai Walfish

I read the Twitter thread, and the fan did have some very valid comments about the "living story" aspects of the game design being detrimental to overall narrative flexibility and depth, a factor that had massively turned me off to these kinds of "amusement park" MMORPG experiences. Rpg is pretty much my favorite genre, and I've played all the wonky systems and paradigms they've been designed around, but the living world/amusement park design is by far my least favorite of the bigger trends.

News Comments > Suspect GTA6 Tease Appears in GTA Online
1. Re: Suspect GTA6 Tease Appears in GTA Online Jul 2, 2018, 10:54 Mordecai Walfish

Just another reminder they never invested a penny in securing online, that these modders are announcing their next game for them in GTA:Online through their own notification system.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 30, 2018, 19:29 Mordecai Walfish

I think it's relevant also that Sony recently had one of the largest security breaches of any media company on Earth, affecting both their movie and video game business heavily. Also, the way the ps3 was completely and utterly owned by hackers because of awful security implementations. They tightened down ship quite heavily sice then, and I'm guessing the paranoia is still a major factor in them vigorously keeping their walled garden separate from other services.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Gameplay Video
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 29, 2018, 22:20 Mordecai Walfish

Sepharo wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 18:16:
His positioning is excellent too, something I can't seem to do properly in PUBG. In BF I'm a rusher, I rush in and know that I can engage and kill 2 or 3 before they put enough rounds in me to go down. So I'll top scoreboard via kills, multi kill, vehicle destruction, flag caps... but typically my death won't be single digits (but the ratio will still be at least 2.5:1). And I'm not doing really any long distance.

I also struggle with tactical positioning, mainly because I'm an action junkie, and i find camping/sniping/etc boring as hell.

It's something i've struggled with in many games, but am making progress with. Playing quake for years, I was always the guy who would seek out and murder the campers/snipers anytime I was aware of them. I excel at the technical stuff like aiming, quickshots, movement and such, but finding the balance of patience and strategic positioning to go along with that has been a challenge. Hugely rewarding when you start to develop those skills though. Natural Selection 2 helped me a lot in that regard. Gotta be ready for those sneaky skulks ^.^

1999 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo