Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1400 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 14:42 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 10:43:
Verno wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 10:26:
The 3 foot controller cord and bullshit with needing to get up to hit the reset button to do anything kills the classic NES for me. I would literally need to camp out in front of a 60" TV. 3 feet in this day and age of wireless controllers is crazyland. Want a wireless one? Spend $20 more and still need to get up and hit the reset button to do ANYTHING. Even the old school NES had an 8 foot cord, Nintendo with their weird fucking hardware decisions as usual.

It also has no online capability so those 30 games are it for life. I predict this thing will be in closets within 3 months.

100%. That, and not being able to add new games.

Growing up, I was fortunate. When it was all said and done, I had 150 games (more than half acquired cheaply at a garage sale in like 1998.) I still have those cartridges, and the original NES, at my parents house. It's been in their garage for about 20 years.

I've done emulation, and learned most of those games simply aren't fun anymore. I get about 5 minutes of joy from them. There are some I'd like to go back to, and many aren't in this collection (seriously missing on the Castlevanias, though those have all been done better on the GBA.)

I feel like I'd be better off, and not feel awful, downloading an emulator and streaming to my TV from my desktop, and playing with the more comfortable Xbox 360 controller (which, I suppose, may be awful for some of these, with its terrible dpad.)

I could save anywhere, I could change games more easily, and I could play every game I own. This thing is kind of inspiring me to do just that. But, had it had wireless controllers, more ergonomic controllers, quicksave and reload, the ability to change games from the controller, and the ability to add more games... maybe a really long list of requested features, but I'd have bought the device and additional games (or game packs) for a good chunk more.

I expect a V2.

Growing up an arcade fanatic, I'm having quite a fun time re-playing many of my favorite classic games from this era emulated on my computer with a good arcade stick. It seriously changes the feel of these older games (castlevania especially) and breathes some new life into titles you've previously seen and done seemingly everything in. Hell I even emulated the GBA castlevanias with the arcade stick and they were an absolute blast.

Currently playing: River City Ransom Underground (PC) , GTA:V (PC) , Owlboy (PC) , Everspace (PC) , Overwatch (PC) , Subnautica (PC)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
14. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Nov 10, 2016, 14:36 Mordecai Walfish

Quinn wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 12:07:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 10:46:
It would have been nice having the game on sale too. I guess it sells well enough they don't have to worry about sales and stuff.
Normally on Steam if there is a free weekend for a certain game it is also on sale.
Oh well

The game is too good to go on sale. Not kidding. Haven't had this much consecutive fun in years. At first I hated the addiction because I played it solo. Now I have a steady supply of online buddies I can team with which makes this game 10 times more fun and less frustrating <3

Your singing my tune buddy.

Mordecai#1331

Add me if you wanna team up sometime!

Currently playing: River City Ransom Underground (PC) , GTA:V (PC) , Owlboy (PC) , Everspace (PC) , Overwatch (PC) , Subnautica (PC)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 14:33 Mordecai Walfish

Not many sites out there that can claim a *billion* views. That is quite the milestone, indeed. Cheers!  

109. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 22:48 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 18:36:
Ok here is my take on it.

I wanted Bernie. But settled for Clinton.

Here is why Clinton didn't win.

She got so power hungry, and lazy that as a Democrat (and the Democratic party) pushed Bernie out who was destroying Trump in every poll out there (granted the polls went tits up after the final debate), and didn't do enough to make sure all american's felt 'special', like Trump did.

Trump is a MASTER bullshitter. You don't have as many failures buisness and personally and still get the vast majority of a country to vote for you, even after all his shit.

You take a country of people who are sick and tired of being treated like shit, a democratic canidate who is in the pocket of wall street, and constantly ignore them.
When people get treated badly for so long they will latch onto the first hand that wants to pull them out of the shit pile, be it an angel or a demon.

Am I happy with the election? No. Do I understand why the USA voted for Trump? Yes.

Well said.

70. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 17:28 Mordecai Walfish

Holy shit. Bernie had been saying this since the primaries. If Hillary is the candidate for the democratic party that she would lose to Trump.

The DNC let everyone down by simply picking Hillary because it was 'her turn' instead of picking a candidate that energized young voters, even much more so than Obama did in '08. Instead they go with a candidate with endless baggage, the easiest target for even the worst candidates the Republicans could throw at them. And now we have Trump. Fuck the DNC. Spineless fucking idiots got what they deserved, and the rest of us will now pay for their corrupt bumbling. If anything, I'm glad that both the Democratic and Republican parties are somewhat in flames right now. as I join the swelling sentiment in this country that we desperately need to burn this fucker down.

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 16:56:
Retired wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 16:20:
oh, and woke up this AM to another great thing. Voted into law off of the ballot (this was not advertised at all! DUH MEDIA!) Lawmakers in MN can NO LONGER GIVE THEMSELVES RAISES!

Bravo MN!

Seconded! I live just one state down, and hearing initiatives pass like this in the midwest reminds me of the great progressive strides we are making in places around here.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2016, 17:40.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 5, 2016, 14:35 Mordecai Walfish

Somebody leaked some of the design process conversations for the new macbooks/iphones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG5_kU

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
15. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 31, 2016, 15:16 Mordecai Walfish

Relevant article.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
16. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend Oct 30, 2016, 20:10 Mordecai Walfish

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 21:56:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 28, 2016, 10:01:
There's a lot of hate in this thread for the game, but I think the devs have done quite a good job of cleaning up the engine and load times, and the game plays as smoothly as can be now, with hardly any hackers at all. I can only remember one time ever seeing a hacker in over 4 years of playing this, actually.
How? Because they arent rage hacking?
Rage hacking always is only a tiny minority. The real hackers try to hide it well.

The only person I ever caught cheating in this was so subtle that I had to replay the stream back to check it again, and sure enough the evidence was there.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2016, 20:44 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 28, 2016, 20:20:
Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2016, 18:34:

Yay, Bethesda has totally fucked up the PC's audio for the special edition.

Skyrim PC sold 90 billion copies, but spend five seconds on the PC port of their remaster? Nah. Fuck the PC.
What's up with crappy audio on remasters, it can't be a profitability issue. Didn't the same thing, or similar, happen with BioShock. https://www.reddit.com/r/Bioshock/comments/53321s/pc_horrendous_audio_in_the_bioshock_remaster/

I'm guessing it's a result of the PC version just being a port from the Xbox One version of the game, because the PS4 version of FO4 and Skyrim Special Edition have better quality audio than any other platform.. so it's not coming from there. Also, the audio quality is identically as bad on Xbox One for all of these titles.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 28, 2016, 12:55 Mordecai Walfish

At what point are people going to realize they are being ripped off by Apple's design choices instead of it enhancing the usability of their devices in any meaningful ways. The phone and the laptop already got small enough. Sacrificing convenient usability for this aesthetic they are pushing is really just a money grab, plain and simple.

Donglegate. lol

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2016, 12:44 Mordecai Walfish

The Skyrim re-launch has been pretty bad so far. I can't even get past the prologue because of a glitch with the physics making the carriages go crazy. Looking on the forums there are tons of other problems people are having also. Crazy they couldn't get the PC re-launch to a game they released almost five years ago initially right. Also, I had a PS4 controller plugged in and keyboard/mouse would not work either because of that. I'm guessing they just made this SE for current-gen consoles and ported it over to PC at this point, kind of like the original release all over again.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
12. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend Oct 28, 2016, 10:01 Mordecai Walfish

There's a lot of hate in this thread for the game, but I think the devs have done quite a good job of cleaning up the engine and load times, and the game plays as smoothly as can be now, with hardly any hackers at all. I can only remember one time ever seeing a hacker in over 4 years of playing this, actually.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2016, 13:16 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 11:53:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 11:48:
The Nintendo Switch is dead before they even release it. They should just fold up shop and do something else.

Ima bookmark this for later...

"Osmodamus' Prophecies"

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2016, 19:42 Mordecai Walfish

Pigeon wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 08:15:
sauron wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 22:11:
BobBob wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 17:06:
What are your predictions on what will transpire in tonight's presidential debate?

My prediction is that most of America is so disgusted at the tone of this election that they just want it to end, and won't bother watching.

I do not think I have ever been as unimpressed by any pair of candidates as has been the case in this election. And I watched Shelob vs. Gollum in -1821, I have to admit.

Screw the election. Either Sauron or Michell Obama for president.

Mr. Sauron I'm tired of filthy hobbitses stealzing our precious. What would you, as president, do to stop this?

At this point I'd almost take Sauron for president 2016. ALMOST. I only say that because he hasn't disclosed his tax returns since -1879 and his immigration policy is pretty much unknown at this point. All he keeps on saying is that he wants to build a wall between Mordor and the rest of Middle Earth. And while the Orcs certainly are a deplorable folk, I would like to see them have a path to citizenship through an extreme vetting process to make sure we are only getting the best of the best.

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
12. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 13:29 Mordecai Walfish

Depending on how well the new Zelda runs on it, the system specs, and battery life, his may be a day 1 purchase for me. I'm guessing it's probably the same specs as the WiiU, judging from the size.. but we'll see.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 19, 2016, 17:35 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 23:28:
It's not the brand, they just don't like tablets. And fair enough. It's way easier and faster to just use the erasable marker boards like they've been doing for decades. This was yet another massive waste of money by MS. I admit, I'd like a Surface Pro but they're way too goddamned expensive and there's no way they can justify the price. They're trying to hard to be Apple thinking they can charge a premium because of brand recognition. $1200 - $3000 for just a tablet alone is laughable at best. I paid $200 bucks for an 8" ASUS tablet and I still feel like I got ripped off. I barely ever use the thing.

How is it a waste of money by MS? They have like a 400 million dollar contract with the NFL for them to use these things.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 17:29 Mordecai Walfish

BobBob wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 17:06:
What are your predictions on what will transpire in tonight's presidential debate?

I'm hoping for a well timed freak meteor incident so we no longer have to hear anything from either one of them ever again, personally.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 17:27 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 16:40:
He didn't eat a pepper, he ate pepper puree put on a burger. It wasn't so much the pepper (read the article) but all hard core vomiting he did after eating it.

I was wondering how that was possible, as from what I understand the burning is mainly due to an interaction with the body that a chemical in the peppers have when ingested, and the burn is not actually taking place as much physically as it is mentally. Vomiting would explain the actual physical damage.

We grew some Trinidad Scorpion peppers last year and those are about as hot as I ever want to go. I did try some cheese that a friend sent me from wisconsin that was made with ghost pepper though, and it was delicious.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
49. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 18:07 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 17:35:
nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 17:23:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 16:08:
As for that traitorous, sellout scoundrel nin, he needs to walk the plank! Off with you, scallywag! Bat Giggle Ahoy

As I've said before, I'm a gamer, and I don't limit myself to one platform. If it's awesome, I want to play it...

In addition to a pc, I've owned a 2600, a nes, a genesis, a ps1, an atari jaguar (egad!), a dreamcast, a gamecube, a 360, a GBA, and a DS.

Why limit yourself to one platform?

I've had a 2600, NES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, GBA, Gamecube, 360, and PS3. I've also had, at times, roommates with an N64, PS2, and Xbox, and therefore owned games for each of them, too. I may be forgetting some but don't think so.

Some of those I really hardly touched. The GBA came with the GC I bought on eBay and got maybe 10 hours of use. The PS2 was used solely for Katamari Damcy, the PS3 basically only for the Naughty Dog games, the Genesis mostly for Sonic 2 and Road Rash, and the DC I bought after it was discontinued and actually really struggled to get into.

But there are tens of thousands of hours into those combined, particularly the NES, GC and 360. Way too many great games (at the time) for them.

Nice! I'm of the opinion consoles are well worth owning even if you only play a couple games for that platform. As a gamer from the arcade days, paying $200 for a console and $50 for a couple games you like is easily worth the price of admission.

I've had an Intellivision, NES, SNES, Sega Saturn, N64, PS One (the small white version of the PS1), Gamecube, Xbox (original), and PSP, all acquired in that order. My next console will probably be Nintendo's NX, just so I can play the best possible version of Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild.

PS4 is looking mighty enticing as well, but would only get used for a couple games realistically, including RDR2. Do the original RDRevolver and RDRedemption play on PS4?

I guess Revolver was on PS2 so I could emulate it on PCSX2, but I'm a big fan of playing the originals, on the mediums they were intended. I even have a CRT still for the older systems because of the lack of scanlines and such on LCD's, which were very much taken in account for in the original games from the generations where that kind of display was still relevant.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 11:54 Mordecai Walfish

Black Mirror is awesome. I've heard something about an American version, but I haven't seen it if it's out already.  

1400 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo