Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1233 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Patched; Free MUA DLC Plans
7. Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Patched; Free MUA DLC Plans Aug 3, 2016, 14:33 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 13:42:
Avus wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 13:22:
Darks wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 09:42:
People aren't playing this with a keyboard, right?

Yes, i was playing it with a keyboard.

So do you enjoy "PRESS 1 TO ATTACK" and "if you want to attack using a skill, you have to press CTRL 1" or "PRESS 3 to jump"?

I enjoy a gamepad for games like these. The same way I'd never use a keyboard for racing game.

+1

The difference is night and day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA Online Stunt Race Creator
1. Re: GTA Online Stunt Race Creator Aug 3, 2016, 09:50 Mordecai Walfish

I love how Rockstar has paid attention to the user-made game modes that were most popular in multiplayer mods like SA:MP for their previous games. It's spawned Sumo mode, from what I think are the best custom servers from SA:MP, The Sumo Server / Andromeda Sumo (the GTAV implementation pales in comparison unfortunately.. they really need to allow custom arena creation in that game mode). With this patch comes another one with the Entourage mode, which is a direct descendant of the Protect The President SA:MP servers. And the stunt races with all the tubes and obstacles are obviously influenced by the many Stunt servers in SA:MP. Good stuff.  

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
19. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 3, 2016, 09:40 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 07:24:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 03:47:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 03:21:
Frijoles wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 00:07:
Caladell wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 21:26:
Wow. That sounds pretty bad. Personally, I have never had anything like that. Most I've had has been maybe 3 win/loss streaks, and it seems like that happens mostly due to one whole team just having an 'off' night or whatever.

I had a 12 game losing streak that lasted over a few days. I was quite salty by the end of it. On the plus side, I won several in a row after that.

Was just about to post something similar. I think Eraser is experiencing something of a confirmation bias. People tend to forget this is a team game, if you need to carry just one bad team player in a 6 player team and the other team doesn't, you will lose.

It's most definitely confirmation bias.
Especially as evidenced by the "unless you quit and rejoin due to teams being rigged against you" ... quitting and rejoining does nothing. Matchmaking does not take into account your most recent games specifically, it simply looks at your rating and group composition if you're in one, nothing more.

Confirmation bias or plain bad luck is possible and I won't deny that, as MM is opaque, and you can't even see your own MMR, but ever since I started to quit after 2 wins out of a lobby with absolute no exception my W/R went back up to 49% (before it was 37% trending lower). So whatever quitting out of a lobby after 2 rounds and looking for a new match does... it works for me. I do this completely regardless of wins/loss in those 2 rounds btw. And if MM were working properly and the way you say, then what I do would not have improved my W/R. But I feel like this is kind of a shitty exploit, so I still felt the need to complain.

Lucio Ball may be the only game mode in Overwatch I actually enjoy playing btw Mainly because it ain't hobbled by this atrocious nemesis of mine, the MM. ^^

Who knows.. with how cryptic Blizzard has been about the formulas that make matchmaking function under the hood, it's entirely possible that you've 'cracked the code' somewhat and found something that works for you within it. Can't deny that possibility either. I just know personally, with a 60% winrate, it's not really necessary/beneficial to delve into the more conspiratorial side of things. Teamwork is what wins the day in the end.

Lucio Ball is a really fun game mode, especially once you get the hang of the different mechanics allowed exclusively in that game type, like the jump pads, the walls that give you a sizeable speed boost when you use lucio's wall ride on them, bunny-hopping to maintain speed, and my favorite, using his ult near (or inside) the enemy goal to suck the ball into you and score.. and on the defensive side, using it to pull back shots from the enemy team and deny them the goal. Didn't expect to have so much fun with that. My freebie Summer Games box had Ana's wasteland legendary skin in it also, which looks awesome. Haven't been very lucky with item drops for a long while so that was refreshing.

After playing Lucio Brawl a bunch of rounds I got together with a 6-man team and we won 6 games in a row in competitive, which took me to my highest ranked level yet (65). Amidst all the BS and DDOSing that occurred after the patch came out.. I'm still having a ton of fun in Overwatch while those miserable banned cheaters waste their time and effort.

If you want to team up, practice new chars, play lucio ball.. any of it, add me in b.net. Mordecai#1331. Always more fun with a group focused on the same goal, whether that goal be fun or victory.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2016, 07:23 Mordecai Walfish

Sandisk Extreme Pro's are also rock solid. 10 yr warranty and no degraded speeds over time/usage. I picked up a 1tb one for around $300 and couldn't be happier with it.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Aug 3, 2016, 07:13 Mordecai Walfish

It's really a good idea to package this with DOOM though.. as strange as that sounds. Nobody really plays it for the multiplayer, so using a different control device to sit comfortably on your couch and play is a lot more appealing because you don't have to be competitive against other mouse users like you would in multiplayer. Also the difficulty isn't very high so that helps with not having to be laser accurate either.  

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
12. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 2, 2016, 23:58 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 21:18:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:51:
Overwatch is one of these games I stopped playing and never returned to.. did they ever actually fix this god awful matchmaking in a patch yet?

I've never had an issue with it. What's the exact complaint?

As a skilled solo player there are only 2 types of matches you get from this MM

1 is a single win -> infinite lose streak unless you quit and rejoin due to teams being rigged against you
2 is a join into a losing round

Is it a problem of too much FPS skill pushing me into insane MM ranks and thus weird edge cases? Don't care, I play to have fun, Overwatch regularly matches me against people where I don't have fun if I even so much as play "decently" ;/

Or put simpler, if I play REALLY good 1 or 2 rounds, the game punishes me for it with 5+ rolfstomp losses.. and that ain't fun. Wish I could figure out why that happens to me and not to say, you. Is it my region and thus my ping during the times I play putting me in weird edge cases of match making?

Btw, this happened to me over a dozen times. It annoyed me enough I threw the game (not literally) out of the window.

Sounds like bad luck more than anything else to me. Perhaps you're reading the tea leaves a bit too much on this one.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2016, 17:11 Mordecai Walfish

EVGA always does this, it's nothing new.

2500+ mhz on the core in a 1080 is an amazing overclock, and he set a record with it. He set it while using EVGA parts as they sponsor this particular overclocker named K|NGP|N. It's just an enthusiast advertising avenue for EVGA.

News Comments > More Overwatch Bans
24. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 10:43 Mordecai Walfish

"whatever i'l just go cheat in CSGO"

hahahahahaha

good riddance.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
32. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 31, 2016, 16:50 Mordecai Walfish

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 14:21:
I switched to Win10 on the day before the last day of it being free. So I know I have not had alot of time with it. But so far it has given me no real problems.

Well I wanted to give DirectX 12 a go, only game I have that supports it is Rust. And Rust became quickly ruined, unsure why. The graphics were super bad and the water was a sickly piss yellow after I switched to DX12 mode in the Steam launcher.

My wife provided me with a program that regedits and alters some of Win10's spying and other un-needed crap. After some additional selective editing it feels alot less stupid and more normal window's like.

Rust's dx12 support is very much experimental at this point, and mostly broken, as you saw first hand. I don't expect that to change anytime soon while they focus on the core mechanics currently. It looks like they are trying to get out of early access pretty soon here with all the advancements its made lately, so DX12 may be fixed there somewhat soon.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 31, 2016, 16:37 Mordecai Walfish

Damn the RX480 is a real piece of junk. The article says it nuked windows to the point of requiring a system restore *and* fucked up his monitor when he tried to overclock on it. I think the power regulation in it is just poorly designed, as is demonstrated by the pci overloads that required a driver fix to nerf the card, and damage being done to devices it's hooked up to that has been reported.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 31, 2016, 16:34 Mordecai Walfish

<3 my modded PSP, and might just pick up a used vita now that it's been opened up. My buddy bought one and just never used it or upgraded the firmware so he could have the lowest firmware version possible when the eventual hack came out.. just in case. This works with the newest firmware though. Heh  

11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 30, 2016, 20:54 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 19:59:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 19:52:
Baristan wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 17:16:
The last Windows 10 user on my network finally gave up last week and reinstalled Windows 8.

Over a dozen computers on the network and not a single Win10 POS left. No more will they DOSS the network every time a new patch comes out. When window update couldn't connect to a server it started requesting connections as fast as it could without waiting for a response. End result: active connection overload, no one could access the internet. Good riddance Microsoft. I no longer have to config custom QOS rules to keep you from DOSSing my network.

.. or you could just flip the switch that allows locally networked computers to update eachother to "off". In the event you didn't have access to the other user's computers to flip said switch, an e-mail describing where to make the 3 or 4 clicks, so they could do it themselves, likely would have sufficed.
Or you could just use an OS that continually does not need to be "or'ed" or have 3rd party software to restore functionality. Sounds like Baristan made the right decision. The last thing any sysadmin would do is send an email to users saying, "Hey guys i need you to change some settings", yeah right.

Jesus some of you have an axe to grind here. If setting zany QOS rules to prevent something that takes 3 clicks to disable, if it's not working for your computer/network, is "making the right decision", I'll gladly keep making the "wrong" ones over here.

I don't like Windows 10 or Microsoft's BS as much as the next person, but a good deal of what I've been hearing from people about Windows 10 crosses the line between actual issues into clueless griping.

9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 30, 2016, 19:52 Mordecai Walfish

Baristan wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 17:16:
The last Windows 10 user on my network finally gave up last week and reinstalled Windows 8.

Over a dozen computers on the network and not a single Win10 POS left. No more will they DOSS the network every time a new patch comes out. When window update couldn't connect to a server it started requesting connections as fast as it could without waiting for a response. End result: active connection overload, no one could access the internet. Good riddance Microsoft. I no longer have to config custom QOS rules to keep you from DOSSing my network.

.. or you could just flip the switch that allows locally networked computers to update eachother to "off". In the event you didn't have access to the other user's computers to flip said switch, an e-mail describing where to make the 3 or 4 clicks, so they could do it themselves, likely would have sufficed.

News Comments > EF-12- Fighting Game Maker Released
2. Re: EF-12- Fighting Game Maker Released Jul 29, 2016, 18:37 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2016, 14:57:
2 potential issues:

1. Everyone makes a fighting dong game.

2. People use copyrighted IP to make characters.

Thats the idea though..

This is the Tekken version of MUGEN. The whole idea behind these fighting game creators is to import copyrighted IP and have them fight eachother. This game will have every 3d fighting game character out there imported to it, as well as 3d models from other games and 2d->3d conversions.

Check out saltybet.com to see how MUGEN culminated. It really is quite the spectacle.. and this is looking to do the same thing, except with a base engine that is most like Tekken instead of traditional 2d sprite-based fighters.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2016, 13:11 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 10:51:
Coastal peacock spider (Maratus speciosus) Looks like it directing traffic on the aircraft carrier USS Drag Queen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_yYC5r8xMI

Jumping spiders are the absolute best. Thanks for the video link!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Drawing Sword From The Back - Is It Possible? Jul 28, 2016, 09:42 Mordecai Walfish

That video about drawing the sword from the back is 8 retarded minutes of some guy who thinks he's doing some kind of swordfighting science with a foam blade.

It requires a special kind of sheath that is open for a particular length (depending on the size of blade/person) on the opposite side that you will be pulling it from.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 27, 2016, 13:00 Mordecai Walfish

Post about the LastPass zero-day, which was disclosed to the makers and already fixed:

https://labs.detectify.com/2016/07/27/how-i-made-lastpass-give-me-all-your-passwords/

News Comments > Overwatch Balance Changes
5. Re: Overwatch Balance Changes Jul 26, 2016, 22:18 Mordecai Walfish

wonder what that 10 meters is in comparison to how he was before the original buff? either way, that sounds massive.  

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
114. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 19:53 Mordecai Walfish

I want video evidence of UWP melting steel beams before I will believe any of this. Who the fuck is Tim Sweeney anyway? Sounds like some broadway schmuck to me.

As anyone with half a brain knows, all the good games are on mobile. I don't know why everyone is up in arms about this shit. Back to Candy Crush for me.. you kids have fun. <3

News Comments > Overwatch Balance Changes
1. Re: Overwatch Balance Changes Jul 26, 2016, 19:41 Mordecai Walfish

Watching Surefour steamroll everyone in his path with McCree last night, I'd have to agree that he was a bit over-buffed in that last patch. Good on Blizzard for addressing these things so quickly.  

1233 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo