Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1371 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 28, 2016, 12:55 Mordecai Walfish

At what point are people going to realize they are being ripped off by Apple's design choices instead of it enhancing the usability of their devices in any meaningful ways. The phone and the laptop already got small enough. Sacrificing convenient usability for this aesthetic they are pushing is really just a money grab, plain and simple.

Donglegate. lol

Currently playing: River City Ransom Underground (PC) , GTA:V (PC) , Owlboy (PC) , Everspace (PC) , Overwatch (PC) , Subnautica (PC)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2016, 12:44 Mordecai Walfish

The Skyrim re-launch has been pretty bad so far. I can't even get past the prologue because of a glitch with the physics making the carriages go crazy. Looking on the forums there are tons of other problems people are having also. Crazy they couldn't get the PC re-launch to a game they released almost five years ago initially right. Also, I had a PS4 controller plugged in and keyboard/mouse would not work either because of that. I'm guessing they just made this SE for current-gen consoles and ported it over to PC at this point, kind of like the original release all over again.  

Currently playing: River City Ransom Underground (PC) , GTA:V (PC) , Owlboy (PC) , Everspace (PC) , Overwatch (PC) , Subnautica (PC)

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
12. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend Oct 28, 2016, 10:01 Mordecai Walfish

There's a lot of hate in this thread for the game, but I think the devs have done quite a good job of cleaning up the engine and load times, and the game plays as smoothly as can be now, with hardly any hackers at all. I can only remember one time ever seeing a hacker in over 4 years of playing this, actually.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2016, 13:16 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 11:53:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 11:48:
The Nintendo Switch is dead before they even release it. They should just fold up shop and do something else.

Ima bookmark this for later...

"Osmodamus' Prophecies"

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2016, 19:42 Mordecai Walfish

Pigeon wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 08:15:
sauron wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 22:11:
BobBob wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 17:06:
What are your predictions on what will transpire in tonight's presidential debate?

My prediction is that most of America is so disgusted at the tone of this election that they just want it to end, and won't bother watching.

I do not think I have ever been as unimpressed by any pair of candidates as has been the case in this election. And I watched Shelob vs. Gollum in -1821, I have to admit.

Screw the election. Either Sauron or Michell Obama for president.

Mr. Sauron I'm tired of filthy hobbitses stealzing our precious. What would you, as president, do to stop this?

At this point I'd almost take Sauron for president 2016. ALMOST. I only say that because he hasn't disclosed his tax returns since -1879 and his immigration policy is pretty much unknown at this point. All he keeps on saying is that he wants to build a wall between Mordor and the rest of Middle Earth. And while the Orcs certainly are a deplorable folk, I would like to see them have a path to citizenship through an extreme vetting process to make sure we are only getting the best of the best.

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
12. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 13:29 Mordecai Walfish

Depending on how well the new Zelda runs on it, the system specs, and battery life, his may be a day 1 purchase for me. I'm guessing it's probably the same specs as the WiiU, judging from the size.. but we'll see.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 19, 2016, 17:35 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 23:28:
It's not the brand, they just don't like tablets. And fair enough. It's way easier and faster to just use the erasable marker boards like they've been doing for decades. This was yet another massive waste of money by MS. I admit, I'd like a Surface Pro but they're way too goddamned expensive and there's no way they can justify the price. They're trying to hard to be Apple thinking they can charge a premium because of brand recognition. $1200 - $3000 for just a tablet alone is laughable at best. I paid $200 bucks for an 8" ASUS tablet and I still feel like I got ripped off. I barely ever use the thing.

How is it a waste of money by MS? They have like a 400 million dollar contract with the NFL for them to use these things.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 17:29 Mordecai Walfish

BobBob wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 17:06:
What are your predictions on what will transpire in tonight's presidential debate?

I'm hoping for a well timed freak meteor incident so we no longer have to hear anything from either one of them ever again, personally.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 17:27 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 16:40:
He didn't eat a pepper, he ate pepper puree put on a burger. It wasn't so much the pepper (read the article) but all hard core vomiting he did after eating it.

I was wondering how that was possible, as from what I understand the burning is mainly due to an interaction with the body that a chemical in the peppers have when ingested, and the burn is not actually taking place as much physically as it is mentally. Vomiting would explain the actual physical damage.

We grew some Trinidad Scorpion peppers last year and those are about as hot as I ever want to go. I did try some cheese that a friend sent me from wisconsin that was made with ghost pepper though, and it was delicious.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
49. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 18:07 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 17:35:
nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 17:23:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 16:08:
As for that traitorous, sellout scoundrel nin, he needs to walk the plank! Off with you, scallywag! Bat Giggle Ahoy

As I've said before, I'm a gamer, and I don't limit myself to one platform. If it's awesome, I want to play it...

In addition to a pc, I've owned a 2600, a nes, a genesis, a ps1, an atari jaguar (egad!), a dreamcast, a gamecube, a 360, a GBA, and a DS.

Why limit yourself to one platform?

I've had a 2600, NES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, GBA, Gamecube, 360, and PS3. I've also had, at times, roommates with an N64, PS2, and Xbox, and therefore owned games for each of them, too. I may be forgetting some but don't think so.

Some of those I really hardly touched. The GBA came with the GC I bought on eBay and got maybe 10 hours of use. The PS2 was used solely for Katamari Damcy, the PS3 basically only for the Naughty Dog games, the Genesis mostly for Sonic 2 and Road Rash, and the DC I bought after it was discontinued and actually really struggled to get into.

But there are tens of thousands of hours into those combined, particularly the NES, GC and 360. Way too many great games (at the time) for them.

Nice! I'm of the opinion consoles are well worth owning even if you only play a couple games for that platform. As a gamer from the arcade days, paying $200 for a console and $50 for a couple games you like is easily worth the price of admission.

I've had an Intellivision, NES, SNES, Sega Saturn, N64, PS One (the small white version of the PS1), Gamecube, Xbox (original), and PSP, all acquired in that order. My next console will probably be Nintendo's NX, just so I can play the best possible version of Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild.

PS4 is looking mighty enticing as well, but would only get used for a couple games realistically, including RDR2. Do the original RDRevolver and RDRedemption play on PS4?

I guess Revolver was on PS2 so I could emulate it on PCSX2, but I'm a big fan of playing the originals, on the mediums they were intended. I even have a CRT still for the older systems because of the lack of scanlines and such on LCD's, which were very much taken in account for in the original games from the generations where that kind of display was still relevant.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 11:54 Mordecai Walfish

Black Mirror is awesome. I've heard something about an American version, but I haven't seen it if it's out already.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 10:51 Mordecai Walfish

Nice pumpkin! I'd stick my candle in it! =P  

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
12. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 12:47 Mordecai Walfish

I'm hoping for a remastered version of RDR2 along with a sequel a year out from that. With how well GTA Online is filling their coffers this many years after release, there is no doubt in my mind that multiplayer will be a large part of any big future releases Rockstar does. GTAV has done gangbusters on PC anf I expect that will be a target platform, going forward. Having never played any of the RDR series, I'm hopeful this will be the case, to say the least. I've heard nothing but good things about this series.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm "Systemic Level" Changes Coming
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 16, 2016, 03:38 Mordecai Walfish

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 02:25:
Grokk wrote on Oct 15, 2016, 21:36:
I don't play the game, I just wanted to comment on Blizzards need to constantly "balance" every little thing, and how they tend to screw everything else just to fix a small balance issue.

Two things happen to software: either no one uses it and it dies, or people use it and it evolves in accordance with user needs. Blizzard games get played. A lot. That means that user needs unaddressed by the current version come up, and consequently Blizzard has a financial stake in addressing them. That Blizzard doesn't always get it right is just a reflection of the fact that software is a human artifact produced for human use and not a pure mathematical perfection that can be achieved and never touched again. At least when they royally fuck up, they tend to recognize it and fix it.

Truth.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
179. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 14, 2016, 23:33 Mordecai Walfish

Ain't No Thread Like A Star Citizen Thread 'Cuz A Star Citizen Thread Don't Stop!  

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend
9. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend Oct 14, 2016, 12:04 Mordecai Walfish

Ant wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 22:31:
I played this three years ago. Has it improved a lot?

The game actually hasn't improved much at all in that time. They released the deadliest warrior TV-show tie-in side game and basically ledt this one in the dust. There are still alot of unaddressed bugs in characters and maps that probably will never get worked out at this point. It's a shame because the game is really quite good.. but would have been a ton better if they would have simply focused on the main game. For example, I rebind over half of the keys in chivalry, and every single patch that has ever come out for the game undoes my custom bindings and sets them to default. For a while there i just took screenshots of my config in-game and then matched them from that to speed up the process, but after a while got tired of having to do that so quit playing entirely.

Another great melee fps is Pirates, Vikings and Knights II , which is still being actively developed and having new characters and maps added. The man at arms for the knights team is straight out of the holy grail, and for a source mod it is very well presented and polished, and very easy to learn.

News Comments > New Vive Controller and PS4 Controller Coming to Steam
4. Re: New Vive Controller and PS4 Controller Coming to Steam Oct 13, 2016, 13:28 Mordecai Walfish

After all this time waiting for Sony to add official drivers for the DS4 in Windows, it's a bit of a surprise to see Valve having this in the works. Very cool. I really only use x360ce for ds4 compatibility as it results in the least input lag of the different xinput emulator options, so it will be interesting to see how valve's implementation fares in that regard. Love the PS4 controller above any others I've used though, so even if it's not the best implementation possible it will still be nice to have new/different options for how to use it.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2016, 08:40 Mordecai Walfish

Love that we're sharing cat grooming tips here in the comments on blues. Lol. Hugs all around <3  

News Comments > Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins
17. Re: Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins Oct 12, 2016, 10:58 Mordecai Walfish

First Halloween box I opened had a zenyatta legendary skin (Ra) in it, and a symmetra victory pose where she's buried underground with her hand sticking up out of the dirt in front of a tombstone that has a couple of her laser turrets attached to it. Almost at prestige 3 level so will be getting a new box almost every game for the first 10 levels, and probably grind up to about level 20 when it goes back to full xp/lv. Saved over 9k coins so I'll just buy the good skins I'm missing at the end of the event. I don't spend coins on shit, in anticipation of new stuff being added or limited time stuff like this.  

35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2016, 23:19 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 21:52:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 21:24:
I dont see the republicans going any easier on her than they did on Obama. I expect they will be much less willing to work with her, and the shitshow of obstructionism we've seen so much in recent presidencies will continue full throttle.
That will be the case regardless of who the Dems elected. They did the same thing to Bill Clinton. Partisanship is just too strong right now for the Repubs to act sanely.

I wholeheartedly agree with this, but there is no way it would be to the extent that they will with Hillary. She has been the republican's boogeyman for quite some time now, with the repeated benghazi hearings, the e-mail scandal that many of them believe she should be in prison over, etc. No other current democrat I know of has the same level of hatred directed toward them as she does. It's a whole different level with her, and republican voters will flock to vote in the mid-term elections for anyone who campaigns on the platform of defying her and the goals/policies she tries to push, in any way they can. There is no greater rallying call to get republicans to the booth than Hillary right now.

1371 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo