Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1303 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 10, 2016, 12:47 Mordecai Walfish

What to do with your old iPhone? Keep it so you have a decently functional device while you look into other alternatives besides apple.  

Currently playing: River City Ransom (NES) , GTA:V (PC) , Zeliard (PC)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
19. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 10, 2016, 09:52 Mordecai Walfish

The multiplayer is so laughably bad in this game that I'm surprised they didnt just scrap any future updates and focus on the single player. Does not bode well for Quake Champions at all, that the current shot-callers at iD/Bethesda consider this passable multiplayer.  

News Comments > Overwatch Netcode Update
1. Re: Overwatch Netcode Update Sep 9, 2016, 20:56 Mordecai Walfish

Got back into Overwatch lately after a short break and multiplayer does feel really good now (It was good before too, but there were very noticeable issues). Havent encountered any shoot around corners or the weird yo-yo interpolation errors I would get while jet boosting with d-va every once in a while before. That shit sucked in comp play during season 1 especially.  

News Comments > Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10
27. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 9, 2016, 11:30 Mordecai Walfish

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 11:13:
GarthZombie wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 10:44:
Best thing to do is just report his posts, hope he eventually gets banned and we can have a healthy comments section without fat angry morons here.

Good. That means I get to stay cuz I may be angry and a moron but I ain't fat, bud .

Also, real intelligent to write shit about a "healthy comments section" and then insult posters as "fat angry morons". Looks like I'm by far not the most moronic moron around here but we already established that in this and many other threads before it.

Reagle has got you beat by several thousand country miles. No worries there.

News Comments > Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10
5. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 8, 2016, 19:52 Mordecai Walfish

This is not bundled with the first Halo, which would have been an awesome addition if it were true..

Instead it includes "the Halo app, which provides the latest news, videos, tutorials, featured community content, update notes, and more from across the entire Halo universe."

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2016, 18:44 Mordecai Walfish

Quboid wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 16:59:
From the Source Engine and that era, I understood HDR to be adjusting the image to simulate our eyes adjusting to light: making dark scenes have more visible detail (with light areas being washed out) and light scenes have more contrast and vibrancy (with detail in dark areas being almost indistinguishable).

1) Is this even correct for 3D engines?
2) How does this apply to hardware (and its firmware/OS/etc)? Do they apply a filter to the rendered 2D image and if so, does that affect image quality?

The HDR that valve pioneered is specifically for lighting effects in games, so that would be better described as "HDR Lighting". The TV standard allows for greater color depth as well. I believe the 10 in the HDR10 standard refers to 10bit color, and for Dolby's superior implementation, they use 12bit color.

News Comments > GeForce Experience 3.0 Released
5. Re: GeForce Experience 3.0 Released Sep 7, 2016, 20:37 Mordecai Walfish

NotOneOfUs wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 20:05:
LittleMe wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 19:58:
With this, nVidia is now forcing us to log into their mothership server before we can record our gameplay. What's next? We need to authenticate with them before we can play our games so they can lock us out at their whim even though we bought their card? There are people reporting not getting registration confirmation e-mails for hours. People are livid with nV. Forget using shadowplay offline!

Woah, I need confirmation on this. You can't use Shadowplay offline? That would be a killer for me. Holding off till I hear more.

Confirmed.

I tried logging out and using the program and it will not proceed past the login page.

Disabling the ethernet adapter on my pc and then relaunching the program resulted in the message "GeForce Experience requires an active internet connection to function".

This wasn't necessary in the Beta version, I wonder why the switch?

If you log in to the new GeForce experience, there is a feedback button in the bottom-right corner. Report the issue there so they will hopefully address it.

Copy/paste my feedback to them in there if you want:

"I cannot use shadowplay or any geforce experience features without logging in, and I do not always have/use an internet connection when I'm playing games, thus making the shadowplay feature of my card (a specific reason I bought a Nvidia card) inaccessible at times, although it should always be available.

I wish to use my card with the features advertised when I purchased it. It was never specified that I would need to have an active internet connection to use the features I paid for with my Nvidia GPU."

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 7, 2016, 20:01 Mordecai Walfish

They expect people who want to use the headphones they already own to carry around an adapter with them so that this is possible.

And when you no-doubt lose this adapter they will sell you a replacement for $29.95.

LOL

Just Apple being Apple.

News Comments > GeForce Experience 3.0 Released
1. Re: GeForce Experience 3.0 Released Sep 7, 2016, 19:19 Mordecai Walfish

Ive been using the beta for a while now and it is much better than the old version. The Shadowplay improvements alone are worth the upgrade.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2016, 18:07 Mordecai Walfish

Jumping spiders are the absolute best. They're like the cats of the arachnid kingdom  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 7, 2016, 18:03 Mordecai Walfish

PS4 pro was a thoroughly disappointing reveal. Didnt talk about specs, basically it does 4k in 30fps and for 1080 tv's can either downscale 4k to 1080 like DSR at 30fps or can play titles @ 1080 60fps consistently (old and new ones). Oh, and HDR for everything, including the older PS4 which is going to have a software update to support it.

Rockstar didn't show up, as anticipated. People in the stream seemed more interested in RDR than any 4k 30fps crap sony was peddling.

The PS4 Pro is going to have around 4tflops GPU power, and microsoft's new console is claimed to be around 6tflops. Ouch.

Edit: and apparently 4k is not native at all either, it is going to be upscaling with a "temporal antialaising filer".

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2016, 19:09.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 7, 2016, 04:07 Mordecai Walfish

Dirwulf wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 00:40:
Bill Borre wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 20:50:
The World's Best Hacked Site

I decided to read the article. The headline is totally misleading. It was some forum, not even owned by Brazzers, for people to discuss the Brazzers website.

I would guess a good portion of those users share usernames/passwords on different sites including brazzers though.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 7, 2016, 02:17 Mordecai Walfish

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 00:23:
Dolphin is amazing. Metroid Prime in HD? Get out of here. I wish all the platforms received emulation this high quality.

PCSX2 does an admirable job with upscaling and running smooth as butter also. Just replayed G-darius recently from the taito classics collection downsampled from like 8k, it was glorious =)

5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 6, 2016, 21:53 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 21:26:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 21:19:
If I could get my 360 contoller to work with it...

I've not tired that one, but tempted to, what do they recommend for controls?

AFAIK dolphin supports both directinput and xinput. Just as long as you have as many buttons as the Gamecube controller had (360, One, and PS4 controllers all do), you should be good to go with any controller.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 6, 2016, 21:50 Mordecai Walfish

That PSVR article lists one of the "advantages" of their headset is the 120hz display. How it having a higher refresh rate on a console that will never come close to that many FPS an advantage?  

4. Re: etc., etc. Sep 6, 2016, 21:38 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 21:19:
If I could get my 360 contoller to work with it...

What issues is it having? Not recognizing it at all?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 6, 2016, 21:35 Mordecai Walfish

Slick wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 21:03:
Ooh, more one-die toys for intel to play with, me likey. Lord knows when they adopted AMD's on-die memory addresser with the ix series, things really took a turn. This is something that I'll hope will make it into the 9xxx series of CPUs, as the 8xxx will be the tick to 10nm, and the tock will be 9xxx to introduce a new marchitecture.

So 2 years from now will be a good time to upgrade my CPU, we'll see if this timeline comes true.

I read that Intel was abandoning the tick>tock cycle for releasing CPU's going forward.

LINK

News Comments > ReCore System Specs
3. Re: ReCore System Specs Sep 6, 2016, 21:16 Mordecai Walfish

This doesnt look good at all IMO. A bunch of portal-like rooms and the combat looks like some kind of insta-lockon mmo wannabe encounters against bullet sponges while numbers fly off of them in all directions. Pass.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 6, 2016, 17:33 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 13:55:
But since it's linked to Forbes (we really ought to not link there at all..) you only will see a nag-screen

I don't see any nag screen when going there. On newest Firefox with noscript and uBlock.

News Comments > ARK Expansion Follow-up
18. Re: ARK Expansion Follow-up Sep 6, 2016, 17:13 Mordecai Walfish

Gibbage wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 15:48:
Why can't more people be like meeee and only lose their shit about the same things that I lose my shit about!

FTFY

P.S: *Vastly* more people have been "losing their shit" about Star Citizen than this Ark debacle.

1303 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo