Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 2055 (Senior)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 04:49 Mordecai Walfish

Fion wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:17:
So you won't be able to set up like a small PvE game with you and 4 friends, you'll be joining a random game with random players (save your allies), no PvE servers possible. Though it is cool that your progression will be persistent. Though you can at least play it single player, so... I'll probly get it lol.

seems to be a highly curated experience by them, that relies on a threat mechanic from other players and elements of randomness/chaos to carry the gameplay. nukes will be interesting, and fighting for nuke site resources and such with other scavenging groups could make for a pretty fun time in multiplayer with some proper gunplay. maybe id can/has help(ed) them here. cautiously optimistic about this one.

That f'ing little ESVI preview trailer that didn't even list the name of the game. WTF!

Not much to discern, but im catching a Hammerfell/High Rock vibe from what little they've shown of the landscape.

I'm SUPER EXCITED for Starfield. Though details are scarce I saw a video showing that it has a big galaxy to explore, a persistent story, and no leading screens between planets & space (and planets are HUGE!). With Bethesda Softworks behind it, could we get an actually good space game for once? I still feel the pangs of No Man's Sky!

Yeah I'm pretty optimistic about that one. First new series since Elder Scrolls by them. I'm sure this is a combination of ideas theyve been working with for a long while, and look forward to a new take on the space genre directly by Bethesda. I'd bet money that star citizen won't even be in beta by the time this is released.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 04:44 Mordecai Walfish

Double post  

News Comments > Anthem Videos
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 04:32 Mordecai Walfish

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 02:20:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 02:07:
... and the promise of no lootbox fuckery

No lootbox fuckery at launch. That is the keyword. I can guarantee you that there will be a time when every single dweeb who bought this game (except for the really retarded dweebs who don't even know what's happening to them) will pray that EA/Bio won't alter the deal any further.

But then it'll be too late since you will already be too invested to just let go... then they will spring the trap for some real MTX fuckery.

Not sure why people keep hoping against all hope and reason that this ONE TIME it will really be different. Are y'all really that addicted to pretty graffix, flashy trailers and hype that you're willing to let them fool you again and again and again?

if the game is decent i'll let it stand on it's own merits without any consideration to future dlc, and if they go that route, its a simple choice not to buy into it. you're talking as if i'm going to pre-order or something.. get a grip man!!!!11!1

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 04:03 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:18:
And it has the Mad Max boomerang in it!

The Wingstick was a trademark weapon of the main character in the first RAGE. Wicked head-choppin' fun.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 02:17 Mordecai Walfish

El Pit wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:26:
I am one of the few who enjoyed the first Rage game despite its obvious flaws, so I am looking forward to this. Soooo many interesting games being announced - I will need more spare time go play those!

ditto. i enjoyed id's signature tight gunplay in it, for the most part. ran without too many issues for me as well, besides sli fuckery... but that was also on an AMD crossfire-only motherboard hacked to accept SLI 8800gt's (which worked pretty fucking well besides the normal random SLI compat issues)

News Comments > Fallout 76 Trailer
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 02:12 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:30:
Damn, how much is that special edition going to cost? $300?

News Comments > Anthem Videos
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 11, 2018, 02:07 Mordecai Walfish

I'll take a fast-paced mecha-shooter with graphics like that and the promise of no lootbox fuckery. if the controls and story are good this it looks like it could be pretty awesome, honestly. sucks there will probably never be any modability to tear through it as evangelion units or gundam/macross fighters online-only sucks balls.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 8, 2018, 21:31 Mordecai Walfish

Good luck to anyone here that entered the giveaway for the 8086k. better odds than normal for this kind of thing with the 24 hour window, but every tech site and their mother blogged about it, so perhaps not.  

News Comments > Dead or Alive 6 Announced
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 8, 2018, 21:23 Mordecai Walfish

All the advances in AI and deep-learning algorithms since the last DOA came out will hopefully make for some truly revolutionary boob physics. If not, the game is dead on arrival. Calling it now.  

News Comments > IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 8, 2018, 18:28 Mordecai Walfish

Back in my dayy, "ATHLETES" were men who sweat and beat the snot out of eachother in order to pass one object to another object. And one last thing, absolutely no brown people or these females who think they can be "ATHLETES" too. The nerve of some people, can you even take them seriously when they are so apt to disgrace the name of "ATHLETES" by allowing such riff-raff to participate. And those sit-down types playing their chess and strategy games want to be called "ATHLETES" now too?! HAH!  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2018, 13:20 Mordecai Walfish

afka Rossini wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 13:06:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 12:32:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 12:22:
Speaking of suicide:

Suicide rates are up 30 percent since 1999, CDC says.

That's crazy. That should constitute a major health crisis right there. I'd be interested to know the causes. I wonder if our increasing social isolation is partly to blame.
Once again drugs and alcohol share some of the blame, 28% had substance abuse issues.
And we can always thank the 2nd Amendment, nearly half of all suicides were caused by firearms.

While I am for gun control legislation to curtail if not eliminate assault style weapons, I think blaming the 2nd Amendment for suicides goes too far. If guns were completely off the table would we then blame razor blades or rope or sleeping pills?

Vast difference between those items with other household uses that many who are consisering suicide may not follow through with given the risks/pain involved, compared to the 'easy-out' button of a trigger pull.

News Comments > Steam Game Removals
11. Re: Steam Game Removals Jun 8, 2018, 13:10 Mordecai Walfish

Meanwhile, 'original game title simulator' hasn't sold a single damn copy.. I thought they said this would be easy!?!  

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 6, 2018, 18:25 Mordecai Walfish

good move on their part. they cant keep playing 'moral police' simply based on bad press that certain games/genres are getting.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 6, 2018, 18:04 Mordecai Walfish

ledhead1969 wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 15:01:
If only there was as much anger around Planned Parenthood's Black Market of Baby parts...

Do you even realize that you're an unpaid propagandist? This shit has been dis-proven for like a decade, yet the knuckle draggers are still happily keeping this card in their deck.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 4, 2018, 23:54 Mordecai Walfish

Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 20:54:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 17:37:
Nvidia GTX 1180 release date will be "a long time from now."

No need to put off that purchase! Pick up a GTX 1080 now!!

Oh shit, we figured that you dumb GPU miners would keep buying 2-year-old tech forever, so just before the GPU market started crashing we decided to manufacture another billion units. No need for anything new! We'll let you know when the backlog has cleared then all of a sudden our tech that's already existed for a year in Volta will magically be ready for you.

if that somehow leads to a massive price drop, i might take a 1080ti. still thinking about getting a 2nd 980ti for sli also.. even though that is a bit of a pain in the ass, its been a while since i fucked with SLI, and was hacking my crossfire-only amd mobo's chipset drivers and nvidia drivers so that i could use my 8800gt's in SLI on it ^.^

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 4, 2018, 19:56 Mordecai Walfish

If nVidia had any real competition we would have seen the 1180 released already, no doubt. Where is the incentive for them to push the envelope so soon when they already make the most powerful GPUs out there?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2018, 15:48 Mordecai Walfish

DAFUQ you looking at?

"Just admiring your second brain.."

News Comments > Mega Man 11 in October
5. Re: Mega Man 11 in October May 30, 2018, 18:56 Mordecai Walfish

Looks like for 11 they went back and took inspiration from the originals. Best looking MegaMan I've seen in a long while, although it seems more like a hd remake of earlier experiences than anything groundbreaking, but if it can rise to the greatness of other recent platformer releases like sonic mania, that would be a pleasant surprise indeed.  

News Comments > Fallout Tease?
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 30, 2018, 10:55 Mordecai Walfish

Prez wrote on May 30, 2018, 09:34:
New Vegas was fantastic. I would love to see a new New Vegas. Newer Vegas?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil

2055 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo