Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 2047 (Senior)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DRM Breaks macOS Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 26, 2018, 08:10 Mordecai Walfish

Darks wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 12:34:
J wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 12:17:
In before anti-DRM told you so squad and hellfire. I think this sucks too, but I'm not abundant enough in excess energy to rant about it on the Blue's News forum.

This is something that drives me crazy, why do these companies continue to leave DRM like this in older games that no longer require the game to be protected from piracy when a game has already been cracked to begin with. This is stupidity at its finest with developers.

Because it costs money to make this change, and they are happy keeping everything they can without concern for the future of the product they made/ported.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2018, 20:34 Mordecai Walfish

Event Pass: Sanhok

Is this a case of charging people for new content to a game that was never finished in the first place, or are they selling people early access to their new area in the game before the game is finished? Can't tell which level of horsecockery this is..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2018, 18:56 Mordecai Walfish

Rectal Prolapse wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 16:17:
It's been years and years since I've had hot dog water. Anyone know a decent recipe?

Hot dog water sounds like a great recipe for rectal prolapse.

Anyone?

News Comments > MechWarrior Lawsuit Settled
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2018, 14:39 Mordecai Walfish

Numinar wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 05:23:
In Australia all this shit was shown before and after school on State media. I assume it was psyops to try and raise a generation of sci-fi nerds who would then get into science. Which worked but then we defunded science and they all went to work in the US which sells technology back to us for massive profits. Or maybe it was to help us love Japanese culture and forget about all the great uncles that died fighting the empire in South East Asian jungles.

I too used to watch Robotech before school. It's one of the only things that would get me to wake up early on school days.

That's quite the theory about the state media showing robotech, lol.

My other favorite cartoon from around the same time was Mysterious Cities of Gold.

Never watched Ulysses 31, but it looks like the eastern buck-rogers inspired anime from the time, like captain harlock and such. Space Dandy is a pretty hilarious recent space sci-fi/comedy anime. Well worth a watch.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Plans?
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2018, 00:29 Mordecai Walfish

It's a no-brainer that this will be on PC after the king's ransom they made off of GTA:V PC. They don't have the multi-generation re-sale potential on consoles like they did with GTA:V, so the delayed launch on PC is the only chance they have of selling multiple copies to people this time. TakeTwo's shareholders are not just going to sit idly by if they try treating PC gamers with any decency, and release it along with the console versions. When the bean counters are making all the calls, you can expect no less from them.

They would also be foolish not to port RDR2 over, given the massive work they did getting GTA:V and the modern RAGE engine running so well on PC's. The groundwork is all there, but for them it's just a marketing game.

C'est la vie, quand l'argent gouverne le monde.
"Such is life, when money rules the world."

News Comments > Black Mesa Status
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2018, 00:02 Mordecai Walfish

wtf_man wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 12:56:
Now if only they'd have a GOG version. But that'll never happen.

It would have a fine place amongst the many other Source games on GOG. Oh wait..

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 22, 2018, 23:57 Mordecai Walfish

Saboth wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 17:00:
Holy crap, $4.99 per channel Youtube subscriptions? Per month? That can't be right. I must be reading that wrong. I thought the subscription sounded good, but I was thinking more like .25 or .50 per channel. For $5 per month, I'd want subscriptions to like 20 channels. It's not like Pewdie Pie is AMC or HBO.

They're following the twitch model for this it seems; so we can look forward to this change blocking out basic features on youtube channels unless you are a "subscriber" as well.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 22, 2018, 21:01 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 20:23:
Yeah because the WHO doesn't have it's share of shills looking to increase sales and profits for their friends and themselves, right?

Sales of what? Recovery products for ex-gamers?

News Comments > MechWarrior Lawsuit Settled
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 22, 2018, 20:59 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 20:18:
I don't recall this Robotech cartoon but I did watch a lot of Battle of the Planets.

Robotech was pretty awesome. Not many cartoons willing to kill off the entire cast in an episode or two and then just continue on with their descendants and a new story/cast in the following episode.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2018, 13:39 Mordecai Walfish

Unless you're playing Quake 2, you're not gonna be killing any strogg in single player

For the 25th anniversary we should have a bluesnews throwback quake session set up. Like 3 servers with ctf, tdm and dm. That would be quite fun if enough people participate. Maybe even do a small comp for steam gift cards or something.

I played quake champions for the first time in close to a year yesterday, and it is actually making some good progress. Quick queue times too. Gonna play a bunch more of that this weekend but it is sorely missing ctf, which is crazy to me. They're even talking about adding instagib, and yet no ctf. Fucking bizarro world. Would love to see rocket arena come back too.

News Comments > RESIDENT EVIL 2 Specs
1. Re: RESIDENT EVIL 2 Specs Jun 22, 2018, 13:00 Mordecai Walfish

Didn't even realize this was coming to PC. The e3 demo/preview for this looked awesome.  

News Comments > Steam Intergalactic Summer Sale
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 22, 2018, 10:43 Mordecai Walfish

El Pit wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 09:04:
Watter wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 07:54:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 06:10:
Hopefully the steam link doesnt suck
I don't use mine often, but when I do it seems to work perfectly. I do use wired ethernet, though.

I heard Steam Link is pretty horrible when used via WLAN.

I only do wired when possible for this sort of stuff so that shouldnt be an issue.

News Comments > Steam Intergalactic Summer Sale
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 22, 2018, 06:10 Mordecai Walfish

sauron wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 17:39:
On the brighter side, I picked up Ni No Kuni II and FFXV for about half price, so in my eyes it's a net win.

Those are the only two I bought for the sale, and a Steam Link for $10 shipped. Pretty happy with the price I paid for everything included, and it means I wont have to cart my main PC down to the television to play them on the big screen! Hopefully the steam link doesnt suck, I've heard mixed things, but for $10 it's worth a toss of the dice.

News Comments > Dig or Die Next Month
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 10:55 Mordecai Walfish

Not digging the art style at all in this one. Looks like a flash game.

Reminds me that I still need to play through Starbound though, as I never did play again after it left early access.

News Comments > Gears Tactics Catch-up and Gears of War 5 PC Details
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 10:50 Mordecai Walfish

whats with the massive youtube videos plastered on the front page today? seems unusual.  

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 05:43 Mordecai Walfish

Kxmode wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 01:58:

A Splinter in the Force

This one will be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Star Wars mash-up you never knew you needed. Master Splinter trains with yoda and becomes a galactic bad-ass with his ZANY pizza-loving turtle squadron.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 05:37 Mordecai Walfish

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 23:51:
Dan =0) wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 23:30:
Mouse bids to buy fox for more money than most any human will ever see in their lifetime.

Dan =0)
So? Do you think corporations should be sold for an average worker's annual salary? Not sure what point you are attempting to make...

its an irony-laced headline, because of the depiction of a mouse and a fox spending more money than even a human has.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 20, 2018, 00:11 Mordecai Walfish

They "Golden Age of iD" is when they outsource their IP's to other studios because their internal engines are garbage.  

19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 18, 2018, 19:50 Mordecai Walfish

• Kxmode wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 15:56:
    It is a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Someone made almost this exact same comment about MMOs the other day

Also, I dont know a single Christian who is politically neutral. Whatever dimension this "neutral observer" sect seems to inhabit, is not bleeding through into ours.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 18, 2018, 04:07 Mordecai Walfish

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 17, 2018, 15:26:
    Welcome to the joys of online treadmill gaming, Creston!

The only way to win games like Elder Scrolls Online is to not play at all.

Luckily we're sort of living in a golden age of single player gaming right now, in spite of the rest of the world/humanity being complete shit.

modern MMO's (at least the "AAA" ones), all suffer from Theme Park syndrome. Theyre not really challenging RPG's you can play with your friends as much as they are pretty theme parks that you are paying to take a ride through for however long you'd like. Nothing changes in these worlds, your actions are almost meaningless besides to upgrade arbitrary stat numbers through equipment and levels after a fight, none of which really matters because the world is scaling to your level anyways. You leave areas watching other jabronies killing the same 'world-destroyer badass boss' whom you just got done stomping 30 seconds ago. There is no immersion, no real challenge (for the most part), and sometimes pretty graphics, but not often. Action is floaty and unresponsive to facilitate shitty mmo netcode keeping all the other people in the game, so not even that is fun, besides in very rare circumstances in a couple of them.

Its all really hollow, IMO, and I'm surprised people were ever into games that use this ancient formula.

2047 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 6.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo