Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1100 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2016, 20:03 Mordecai Walfish

PHJF wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 17:31:
Been using an XFX PSU for quite a few years now. Frankly the brand isn't near as important as the OEM the unit is based upon, with the brand really only impacting the warranty. Just consult The Tom's Hardware PSU Tier List to make sure your potential PSU uses quality Japanese components.

Lol, I just copied that exact same link to put in a reply and then saw you already had as I read further.

+1

Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 18:36:
After all things considered - and there were many - I went with the EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Power Supply. Which looks to be about best in class for the price point and the gold standard. All the reviews say it's the bomb, so sold. I grabbed it here for $145 and got a $15 MIR so not bad. It's gonna cost me $30 to RMA my Thermaltake but at least I'll have a spare for the future.

That is the *exact* same PSU I bought after researching a bunch of different ones earlier this year. Good pick, it's been a great (not-so) little PSU so far for me. It has an ECO mode that works great for silent builds, not turning the fan on until it hits a certain temperature, which it hardly ever does. I keep the fan on to keep everything as cool as possible in hopes I get more life out of it that way, though. EVGA really knocks the packaging out of the park too, with little cloth sacks for the PSU and modular cables. Something it no-doubt picked up from Corsair, but EVGA has been a much more consistent company for quality PSU's than Corsair, in recent years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlayStation Now Coming to PCs
29. Re: PlayStation Now Coming to PCs Aug 24, 2016, 01:10 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 23:37:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 18:58:
That is not how a port is defined. It's a stream from a server running the same exact game as playable on the playstation into your computer. It is the original game.

A port is when the game is internally reworked to run directly on a device different than it was originally programmed/intended for.

So by definition, streaming stuff over Gaikai is a port, even before you consider what device it's getting streamed to. I doubt Gaikai has 25000 PS3s sitting there with discs in them, each streaming to a single customer.

The very act of turning the PS3 game into something capable of being streamed from their servers would turn it into a port, n'est ce pas?

By this logic would you call a ROM a port then? It's just a rip from the original medium of the same exact code, similar to taking the image off a disk and putting it on a server. Gaikai/PS Now is just the streaming service that is used to play it.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
49. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 19:11 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:33:
Steam forums are generally hell on earth as well as strong proof that birth control should have be used.

LOL! So true.

News Comments > PlayStation Now Coming to PCs
20. Re: PlayStation Now Coming to PCs Aug 23, 2016, 18:58 Mordecai Walfish

Simon Says wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 16:47:

Is it essentially the PS version on an internet stream? If yes, there isn't any work done on it to accommodate PCs, therefore its a port, a shitty port.

Sony can tell itself any fairy tale it wants, its not the same as giving PC gamers a PC game. Especially not when its gonna guzzle that bandwidth cap with compression artifacts and unavoidable additional input lag. Even if you didn't notice the lag, doesn't mean it isn't there or that it isn't noticeable.

Sony can tell itself any fairy tale it wants, its not the same as giving PC gamers a PC game. Especially not when its gonna guzzle that bandwidth cap with compression artifacts and unavoidable additional input lag. Even if you didn't notice the lag, doesn't mean it isn't there or that it isn't noticeable.

That is not how a port is defined. It's a stream from a server running the same exact game as playable on the playstation into your computer. It is the original game.

A port is when the game is internally reworked to run directly on a device different than it was originally programmed/intended for.

Also, if you care about input lag, it should be a no-brainer that wireless or streaming *anything* is something you want to avoid.

This is made for people who never owned a console and want to play some of their exclusives, which may or may not ever be properly ported over to the PC. In that regard, it's pretty cool they are opening up to a competing MS platform with cross system/pc play and also allowing some of the core experiences that would otherwise require someone to buy one of their consoles, to be played on the PC.

If the wireless adapter is decent I might pick one up.. but I'm really hoping they release a proper xinput driver for the DS4 so I can avoid having to use x360ce or inputmapper for that. Native support is long overdue.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 16:31 Mordecai Walfish

Yahoo needs to die in a fire already. They are just one of the worst "internet" conglomerates out there. It's almost as if HP runs their operations or something.

Video takes a minute to load on an 80 megabit line with no congestion and then even after loading the player controls are fucked to the point that trying to tap the full screen button (which it turns out doesn't work) opens up another browser tab with an ad every fucking time or just skips player position to near where the button is. It's 2016, fuckwits. Get a properly functioning media player that works on mobile without spamming your users into Advertisement Hell. /rant

Never again.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: AMD promises the world (again) Aug 18, 2016, 16:24 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 15:26:
Jamil20 wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 14:30:
Please, don't be like Bulldozer, please, don't be like Bulldozer...

Yeah I feel like we have been here before. Bulldozer is still fresh in people's minds. They should contact Anandtech to do internal benchmarks before making such claims.

I remember the smoke and mirrors (cherry picked benchmarks) from the Bulldozer reveal, and am also wary of AMD's claims because of that.

I really hope they deliver though.. the computing world needs a solid competitor for Intel and AMD is the best we've got in that regard. Go team red!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 18, 2016, 13:50 Mordecai Walfish

Pigeon wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 11:48:
USB Type-C-powered headphones can employ smart power management to, say, turn off the microphone when only the actual headphones are needed. That should help keep the effect on battery life to a minimum.

Features like noise canceling and special sound effects—such as making it sound like the recording is playing in a concert hall—are all possible over USB-C. Presumably, those features would be much cheaper to implement than they are now.

Finally, ditching analog connections for USB-C may also result in even thinner phones since handsets will lose not only the 3.5mm jack, but also the digital-to-analog circuitry required to support them. If phones do get thinner thanks to the end of the headphone jack, be sure to wear looser pants.

Is that the best they can come up with? Concert Hall sound effects and saving power by turning off the mic? First of all you can already add the crappy sound effects to your music, but nobody wants that cause it sounds like shit. Secondly how much power is saved by turning off the mic? I'm going to guess almost nothing.

The only valid point IMO, is saving room. I'm not wholly convinced the elimination of the audio jack will make a definable difference for the consumer, but it will probably save money in manufacturing; savings that are unlikely to be passed on. Further more I'd be willing to guess the type-c headphones will come with a price premium that isn't reflective of the actual audio quality you receive. Maybe I'm just jaded, but the lack of convincing arguments is setting off the, this is just a gimmick money grab, alarm.

The argument for why this needs to be a thing is so weak it sets off all the bullshit detectors for me too.

We can do digital pass-through of audio through the usb port already if we want to use a standalone DAC. There is literally no reason to get rid of headphone jacks, besides profit.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Comp Mode Improvements
4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Comp Mode Improvements Aug 17, 2016, 17:44 Mordecai Walfish

I still enjoy grouping up with some comrades and playing a round or 5 of TF2. Matchmaking is a very long-overdue feature that actually allows you to start a game off at the beginning and play it through properly, something they should have implemented years ago, but better late than never I say.

As for performance, it hovers around 300 fps never really dropping below 120 in the most intense firefights, for me. I'm at max settings with 16x Nvidia MFAA too, however there are some things that need to be worked out in an autoexec.cfg to get everything running as smoothly as possible.

News Comments > Overwatch Tick Rate Increasing
27. Re: Overwatch Tick Rate Increasing Aug 16, 2016, 15:57 Mordecai Walfish

shiho wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 01:05:
Correcting the settings can make a dramatic difference in twitch online FPS. Interrupt moderation is a biggie. Others are often broken or follow half-agreed on specs.

It's not going to be felt in WoW, but there were cases were checksum offload broke WoW as well.

The motherboard NICs may not offload to hardware, but they do offload nonetheless. They offload to their own checksum calculation code, made by their shitty programmers.

This is why there was a scandal about Realtek driver corrupting data. When you disabled the offloading features, the bug went away. You know why? Because it went back to letting Microsoft code handle it, aka, "the spec".

This is the safest mode in most circumstances.

As for the revered "TCP Optimizer"... where do I start. Its "Optimal" settings enable "TCP Chimney Offload", which is Large Send Offload, which is broken as a concept, and is pretty much regarded as universally bad.

They also enable "Receive Side Scaling", another wonderful feature responsible for tons of problems. If you're streaming video off your NAS server and it stutters in some scenes, this feature could be the culprit.

If you're a gamer, both of these MUST be disabled.

The amazing "Optimal" setting also enables Direct Cache Access on Windows 7/Vista, a feature that was scrapped on Windows 8 and up, because it wasn't properly supported by vendors.

"Optimal" according to whom, exactly?

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 14:56:
My NIC is a killer 2200 built into my motherboard. I think they do alot of that buffer removal stuff already, and I use TCP optimizer on optimal settings already.

Any tips I should know for the 2200?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with that one. However, see above reply in this post about TCP optimizer.

Dev wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 03:11:
shiho wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 01:29:
Unless you have an Intel card, you should disable pretty much every single feature in your network card
And if you do have intel? Can you leave stuff enabled?

Intel usually has reliable checksum offload. However, large-send offload (also known as Receive Side Scaling), is dysfunctional as a concept, and there's also been rumors of Intel breaking it especially bad.

If in doubt, disable pretty much everything. Flow control is a kind of a crapshoot, sometimes hardware works better with it enabled, other times it will disrupt Windows' built-in traffic management.

If you do enable it, it should be enabled on everything on the network. Intel actually seems to disable it by default.

BOTTOM LINE: you may want to experiment, and disable all features in TCP Optimizer and your network driver which have the following words in them:

Offload
Moderation
Flow
Scaling
RSS
Green
Energy-saving
DCA
TCPA

I think that's about it.

I used to research this stuff and optimize the shit out of the networking in Windows 95/98/2000/XP, though heard that wasnt necessary in Windows 7 when I upgraded. Apparently I was wrong.

I went through and made some changes, and wanted to run them by you, since you sound knowledgeable about this, and I found other forum posts you have made on other sites regarding this subject when I researched it further.

To start, in my network adapter settings, I disabled the following:

QOS Packet Scheduler
IPv6 Protocol

I don't use IPv6 for anything currently, and QOS packet scheduler isn't something I think is necessary on my machine/home network either. Is it recommended to disable these or are there any potential downsides to doing so?

For my network adapter's properties Advanced tab, I disabled the following:

ARP Offload
Flow control
Interrupt Moderation
Large Send Offload (IPv4)
Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4)
Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6)
NS Offload
TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6)
UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6)

Note: I didn't disable the Checksum Offloading because everything I have read about the killer NIC says to leave it enabled specifically, but i did for the IPv6 stuff since I don't use that at all currently.

Speedguide.net had the following bit of insight on disabling offloads:

TCP Offloading:

TCP Offloads can improve throughput in general, however, they've been plagued by driver issues in the past, and, they also put more strain on the network adapter. For pure gaming, disable any TCP Offloads, such as "Large Send Offload (LSO)", for example. For pure gaming and lowest possible latency, the only safe offload that should be left to the network adapter is "Checksum Offload".

I had originally disabled Receive Side Scaling, but then when researching this further I read a number of different things about how it is beneficial to leave it enabled. I did some testing and my ping was consistently 1-2ms lower with it enabled, with no real difference in how responsiveness felt. When I tested it, I disabled/enabled RSS in both the network adapter level and through TCP optimizer to handle the Windows side, and then restarted each time before testing.

I'll quote the things I had read about RSS here:

Receive Side Scaling helps in situations where enough data is flowing through a NIC that a single CPU core is unable to deal with the task of getting the data off the NIC. You have to be pushing some pretty serious amounts of data in order for this to happen, typically near the limit of a 1Gb NIC or well past 1Gb on a 10Gb NIC. RSS will split this task up across multiple CPU cores. Usually in the case of TCP traffic a particular flow is kept on a particular CPU core to avoid possible out of order issues in the stack. I think that in the case of UDP it tracks things via source/destination IP.

It's tough to say what effect RSS would have on gaming latency, but I'm confident that the effect is essentially undetectable in terms of gameplay. If RSS was enabled and the queue used by the game's network traffic changed from server connection to server connection it could mean that latency varied from session to session in a very, very small way. When I say very very small I'm talking a value that is dwarfed by the WAN latency of the server you're connected to over the Internet, i.e. probably measured in single-digit microseconds if not hundreds of nanoseconds.

From a CPU affinity standpoint it's possible that the game you're playing as well as the NIC receive process could get moved around among available cores as you're playing, which might have an exceedingly small effect on latency as well. Given the way most games monopolize a CPU core however (and the relatively low amount of network traffic involved in most online games) it's more likely that the NIC receive process would land on CPU 0 along with other system processes while the game ran on CPU 1.

Regardless, I would expect that RSS is going to have a negligible effect on your gaming experience one way or another. Any advantage you gain by having a less-busy core grab data off the NIC will probably be offset by the fact that the actual game engine core that needs the data will have to grab it from a common cache pool or main memory.

And this second bit about RSS:

Set Receive Side Scaling (RSS) to ENABLED

Set number of RSS Queues to a higher value

Receive Side Scaling (RSS) helps utilize multiple CPU cores in order to process received network packets faster and spread CPU utilization across many CPU cores. Having this enabled will ensure Receive and Transmit buffers will not get overflowed by data, allowing you to have them set to a very low value. It may induce a slight DPC delay because multiple cores have to synchronize communication between each other, but I think faster processing in general helps more than slightly higher DPC delay penalizes it. RSS Queues number defines how many CPU cores will be utilized for network data processing. Typically this can be set between 1 to 4, depending on what the adapter supports.

This brings me to my next question: Would lowering the transmit and/or receive buffers be beneficial at all? The guy who wrote the last quoted section seems to think this is a good idea, and writes:

Set Receive Buffers and Transmit buffers to 96

Connection buffers are a different beast. In one way they help prevent data loss if data can’t be processed in time by your system, but having data in the buffers means it will have a delay again before it actually reaches the game engine (because it’s sitting in the buffers, waiting to get through). If you have a really fast system, using very low values will help reducing the delay because network adapter will be forced to “flush” them faster. With low end systems it may cause packet loss because network adapter will simply drop/reject packets that can’t be fit into the buffers. My Intel Pro LAN only goes as low as 80, but I know Realtek Gigabit LAN goes even below 32. If adapter allows even lower values, experiment with them.

Any thoughts on this? I'm on a i7 4790k @4.7ghz with a 980ti, so I think this qualifies as a "really fast system", but I don't want to change that if it's not really going to help at all or if it could be a hindrance in other areas.

Also, regarding TCP Optimizer, Chimney Offload was disabled already in the "optimized" settings for me. I did turn off ECN there (was set to "default", I changed it to "disabled") and disabled DCA also, which was enabled on "optimal" settings. In the advanced tab I changed "System Responsiveness" to "Gaming:0" and "Network Memory Allocation - Size" to "optimized: 3".

Anything you can think of off hand that I'm missing there?

Sorry for the extremely long post, but I wanted to get your opinion on this stuff since you seem to know what you're talking about regarding this.

Thanks

News Comments > Street Fighter V Rage Quit Penalty Improvements
3. Re: Street Fighter V Rage Quit Penalty Improvements Aug 16, 2016, 14:51 Mordecai Walfish

It sure has. The game released a year too early, just so they could roll it out for competitive players in the bare minimum package. I picked it up for $40 on the summer sale and am loving the gameplay so far, but the glaring omissions are everywhere. The story mode is comprised of storyboard drawings for what looks like should have been a animated story for each character, but they just had some interns from the art department fill them in with watercolor and shoved out this still-frame storyboard crap we have now. Capcom has turned into such a shit company.  

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Changes
9. Re: Overwatch Competitive Changes Aug 16, 2016, 14:45 Mordecai Walfish

theglaze wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 10:20:
Quinn wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 08:19:
theglaze wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 01:37:
Season 1 ends on the 18th...I've hit 55 three times but can't get 56...if I do it's the next tier and the reward equates to 40 match wins! Must....try........harder!!!!

I keep hanging at 62. There's a big diff between 59 and 62. No teamplay or voicechat at 59. OK teamplay and much voicechat at 62. I love that.

Voicechat...

IMO, it's a mandatory requirement to play a team-based game at any competitive level.

And the match making system needs to penalize or segregate players who do not join team voicechat, who do not use their own mic, or have voices muted.

I've played matches where no one speaks and we put down a whooping on the other team, but that requires competent players that understand the meta and a lot of mistakes by the opponent. Also, some players are great listeners and follow discussions and request by voice. Maybe they're fragging from the babies room or something.

But outright refusal to participate in voicecomm because someone "doesn't want to"?....well put them at a lower competitive tier

100% agree. People who don't communicate or who stay in their group of 2 or 3 and dont join the team chat are the worst.

We had a group of 3 in a game with our group and asked them to join the team chat, to which they replied "no habla" and then when we repeatedly asked one of their teammates to switch off a hero he was doing nothing with and dying over and over again (hanzo), he replied in english! We pressed further and told him if he didnt switch he was going to lose us the game because it was essentially 5v6 at that point playing against an extremely organized enemy team (at rank 65 at the time), vs us who had 3 people in team chat, 3 people in their own chat.

At the end of the game (which we obviously lost) the player who played hanzo joined the team chat and proceeded to yell at us in english (with no accent whatsoever) about how we were all shit. It felt like some of the DOTA/LoL fanbase had bled over into Overwatch, that match. Worst experience I've had with communication in competitive play, and at rank 65, no less.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 16, 2016, 14:24 Mordecai Walfish

Pigeon wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 13:37:
Though I wouldn't be surprised if its also so they can more easily hide crap that consumers would otherwise not want. Sounds like it would eliminate the ability to not install update XYZ.

Hit the nail on the head. They have been trying more and more inventive ways of suggesting users of Windows 7 and 8 to upgrade to 10, and take part in their "telemetry services" through windows updates. I keep a list of the KB numbers to avoid and always prevent those from installing. With the update structure they seem to be moving to here, that likely won't be possible. I'm going to have to make a slipstream installer for windows 7 with windows update disabled, if this turns out like I expect it to. Fucking MS.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 15, 2016, 22:42 Mordecai Walfish

now Hooli is gonna swoop in and try to buy them up  

18. Re: Overwatch Tick Rate Increasing Aug 14, 2016, 14:56 Mordecai Walfish

shiho wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 01:29:
Should've kept the 20hz. Now the game will, most likely, yield the tick count when someone's running a download which is competing for bandwidth. After all, most people don't know how to set up QoS.

And of course, via this "adaptivity" it discriminates against people with less bandwidth.

The shot-behind-walls effect and general feeling of everything being behind a step was always there. When I found out the root cause, it made sense that was the case, and so I rated the matches I played 1/3 to reflect that I think they needed to move beyond 56k modem settings with their tick rate.

Actually that is not the root cause. 20hz has been standard in FPS forever. Some even used 10hz. This would not manifest itself in lagging a step behind. It manifests itself in, if player movement is circular, it may instead resemble an octagon. The more updates per second, the smoother the curve gets.

What does manifest itself in the way you described, is:

a) Generally shitty netcode, without pre-step lag compensation and other modern features.

b) Packet buffering on the level of your network adapter, switch, or router. For example, most consumer ethernet cards, including those built into your motherboard, aggregate packets. The feature is called "Interrupt moderation", and should be disabled by every gamer.

Unless you have an Intel card, you should disable pretty much every single feature in your network card, AND in Windows as well, via TCP optimizer. Everything with the word "offload" in it (this covers a lot of broken features). Flow control (yes, flow control is broken on Realtek cards). Green Ethernet.

If you use a ethernet-via-power adapter, they all aggregate packets, and there's almost nothing you can do about it. You can set the send/receive buffers to 64 or 80, depending on whether you have Realtek or Intel, and it will reduce it, but that's about it.

My NIC is a killer 2200 built into my motherboard. I think they do alot of that buffer removal stuff already, and I use TCP optimizer on optimal settings already.

Any tips I should know for the 2200?

Thanks

14. Re: Overwatch Tic Rate Increasing Aug 13, 2016, 22:52 Mordecai Walfish

Sacrifice wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 13:04:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 21:50:
This is a very welcome change. I've rated each and every match played since release a 1/3 after I heard about how abysmally low their tick rate was. Lucioball's recent introduction has made it all the more apparent that the tick rate needs to be increased, with how much it looks like you're hitting the ball but actually not.

Really? Rating every game 1 after you learned that it was only 20 tick rate? Apparently you didn't notice it until after you learned about it? That is ridiculous.

I've been playing Overwatch since release. I agree that increasing the tick rate is nice and will provide a bit more accurate gameplay, but the game was more than playable before the increase.

I wasn't rating it that way because it wasn't playable by any means, just thought that in 2016 they could manage a but better than 56k modem network settings. Apparently they agree.

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up
15. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up Aug 13, 2016, 16:04 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 15:30:
Are they going to fix the thousands of other games on steam that don't work? #hyperboling

Back in my day Real Men would fix games themselves if they didnt work. Relying on developers to get games running correctly on your siiick custom 486 was something the girly-boys did.

11. Re: Overwatch Tic Rate Increasing Aug 13, 2016, 11:09 Mordecai Walfish

descender wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 07:46:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 21:50:
I've rated each and every match played since release a 1/3 after I heard about how abysmally low their tick rate was.

That isn't what that rating is for, you've been screwing up your own matchmaking queue. /er4s3r3d? :p

So what's it for then? It's not explained anywhere that I've seen.

loomy wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 23:34:
what the shit? you never noticed a difference and rated it low anyway? are you a decepticon?

Never noticed a difference in what? The shot-behind-walls effect and general feeling of everything being behind a step was always there. When I found out the root cause, it made sense that was the case, and so I rated the matches I played 1/3 to reflect that I think they needed to move beyond 56k modem settings with their tick rate.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2016, 11:14.

2. Re: Overwatch Tic Rate Increasing Aug 12, 2016, 21:50 Mordecai Walfish

This is a very welcome change. I've rated each and every match played since release a 1/3 after I heard about how abysmally low their tick rate was. Lucioball's recent introduction has made it all the more apparent that the tick rate needs to be increased, with how much it looks like you're hitting the ball but actually not.  

News Comments > Overwatch Season 1 Ends Soon
11. Re: Rank is so broken.... Aug 6, 2016, 19:24 Mordecai Walfish

thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 15:00:
Yifes wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 11:18:
thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 10:19:
Are you confusing rank with level? They are different. Your level is independent of your SR ranking and it really only used to determine your portrait and control the rate at which you gain "free" loot boxes. SR 74 as a solo player doesn't sound possible to me.

SR 74 as solo is absolutely possible if you're good enough. Here's C9 Surefour hitting SR 78 straight out of placement matches at lvl 26 on his alt, playing pure solo: https://www.twitch.tv/surefour/v/75913731

He climbs by himself to ~SR 81.

Don't blame the matchmaking or groups or your teammates for your low rank. If you've played enough games, you're exactly where you deserve to be.

Surefour was busted using an aimbot after one of his streams was analyzed. Yeah if you are a pro-gamer and/or cheat getting to any rank is possible. If you're not a pro-gamer and/or don't cheat, not so much.

Surefour has never been busted for aimbotting or cheating of any kind. He's played at major lan tournaments and taken MVP honors multiple times in that setting. Where is proof of this?

2nd, to whoever said its "not possible" that someone could solo queue to rank 74, and that my friend was "probably lying to me", that is incorrect. He didn't even have to speak a word to me, in fact.. I could see him on my friends list every night grinding away in solo queue and getting to that rank.

If your rank is low, oh well, something for you to work on. Don't dictate to others what is possible or not based on that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 5, 2016, 23:08 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 18:50:
It'd blow my mind if Musk could deliver some of this mind-blowing tech at prices most normal mortals could afford.

I thought that was pare of the "plan"? Introduce the tech in premium models in order to fund bringing it to more economical choices to come. I'd say he's well on the road towards achieving that.

1100 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo