Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1233 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2016, 08:54 Mordecai Walfish

Just saw that a new single player Mechwarrior title (Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries) is in the works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A

About fucking time.

Looks like it's using unreal engine, which is a bit of a surprise considering it's being made by the same team that made Mechwarrior Online, which used Cryengine IIRC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Reported cases of webcam blackmail double, are linked to four suicides. Nov 30, 2016, 17:22 Mordecai Walfish

Crazy, I just saw the 3rd episode from the 3rd season of Black Mirror last night, which was based on this kind of blackmail. Been really impressed with the new season so far!

News Comments > Delicious Overwatch Cheater Tears
7. Re: Delicious Overwatch Cheater Tears Nov 30, 2016, 17:00 Mordecai Walfish

Darks wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 16:31:
Jamil20 wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 15:45:
This is why the whole ladder system means absolutely nothing. The people at the top are all cheating.

This is why I absolutely despise and hate PVP. It takes away from the devs putting real time into creating a real game instead idiots running around swinging their dicks to see who can be top shit head.

LOL. Most of the people at the top are also streamers and on well recognized teams who play competitively. I wonder if this is just confirmation bias leading you to say these things, or perhaps you actually do have a 20-gallon tinfoil hat picking up on all these signals?

News Comments > INSIDE Demo
8. Re: INSIDE Demo Nov 29, 2016, 07:59 Mordecai Walfish

It was a short ride but truly one of my favorite games that came out this year. In particular, the atmosphere they created in this game is extraordinary.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
22. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 19:14 Mordecai Walfish

Somewhat related.. they just disclosed the changes coming up for symmetra and some other things to come in the next couple months for overwatch, including a new map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elN-QGyToxM

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2016, 21:50 Mordecai Walfish

bigspender wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 18:16:
GM mosquitoes? No thanks, not after watching the last episode of Black Mirror.

They're going about it all wrong! We clearly had the technology to tackle this problem decades ago, as demonstrated in this older British documentary regarding modern pest elimination:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZvT3MHpffk

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Nov 17, 2016, 15:42 Mordecai Walfish

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 17:17:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 15:07:
It's a 1 time purchase like Guild Wars series. As other's stated they took the single player part and added more people

But make you live in a tightly controlled world, where you are basically the equal to everyone. If it were coop skyrim with player ran servers... fresh and fun would live there, I wouldn't be bound to boring equality. That to me that is the downfall of a mmo... it has to be under rigged rules.

The newer Elder Scrolls games feel like this to me already, with the world leveling up around you as fast as you are. To me, these are "rigged rules", and have been in TES games for quite a long time now. Morrowind was the last Elder Scrolls that didn't fuck this up.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 15:18 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 14:41:
Only time will tell what Trump will actually do and not do, of more importance is what congress will and won't let him do and what they'll demand in return. The danger isn't Trump it's the GOPs control of congress. What do you typically get when this happens? War. Unemployment. Increased military and law/prison spending, social services and infrastructure spending slashed. Then people remember why them having control is a bad thing and then it takes the Democrats 8 years to undo all that damage...only to see the cycle repeat itself. That's the definition of insanity.

The modern life of a USA citizen. Don't forget during that 8 years of un-fucking that we generally have to do after a Republican president, is filled by nothing but obstruction and government shutdowns because of these crooks signing pledges to their rich donors that they will not support anything that increases taxes. That anyone middle class or lower votes Republican is the biggest con-job of the century.

News Comments > Overwatch Sombra Launch
13. Re: Overwatch Sombra Launch Nov 16, 2016, 22:40 Mordecai Walfish

Quinn wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 12:14:
Can't play Sombra for shit yet She's really not for engaging enemies. It's all just hacking and skulking. Interesting maybe once I get the hang of it...

shes good at ambushing when you use invisibility to get into a dark corner behind the enemy, then take out a weaker foe and teleport back to your beacon on top of a safe health kit. its a play style i'm not much a fan of, but I can see it's utility. It changes the game for a lot of different strategies like when bastion is being shielded on a payload, and she hacks the shields or the bastion.. it definitely throws a monkey wrench into the mix. Also for last push/captures, having her go in invisible while the team sneaks together nearby and she disables them for the attackers to rush in and obliterate. lots of possibility

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 12, 2016, 15:52 Mordecai Walfish

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 14:27:
Dacote wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 14:21:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 14:14:
He talked a good game and it got him elected. But as you point out he's bringing in Neocons. Also he's bringing in a lot of lobbyists. Not only does that portend badly for workers but it also means Trump's promise to drain the swamp is dead in the stagnant brackish water.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/opinion/the-wrong-people-to-drain-the-swamp.html?_r=0

I bet you voted for Hillary...a corrupt and serial liar. I'm sure you would have been posting links about her crony appointees, right?

Where the FUCK did this notion that Trump is *not* a corrupt and serial liar come from? Jesus people, wake the fuck up. If 10 years ago someone would have told me we would have people white knighting behind Donald Trump on behalf of how non-corrupt and truthful he is, I would have doubted such ignorant human beings existed. But here we are, in fucking bizzaro world.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 11, 2016, 18:42 Mordecai Walfish

Can't wait for that holy grail of monitors that has an awesome refresh rate/response time and an IPS/OLED quality display. We're getting there, but it sure is taking a while. I'm just happy that higher refresh rate monitors became a thing at all in the late 2000's.. 60hz sucked. After calibration most high refresh rate monitors look good enough for your average consumer and that's whats important though. Factory settings on TN monitors are probably the worst out there, but the displays are much better looking after doing a bit of tweaking and plugging in the ICC from tftcentral or somewhere else.  

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
18. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Nov 10, 2016, 18:29 Mordecai Walfish

Acragas10 wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 17:17:
It'll be $35 for the Origins edition on Black Friday, if you want to wait until then.

Is this the type of game I can have fun with if I'm, generously, bad at multiplayer shooters?

They have characters in the game that are IMO specifically for people who aren't very good at multiplayer shooters.

Mei uses her gun to freeze people and you basically just spam it in their general direction until they can't move anymore and shoot them repeatedly while frozen. Her Ult freezes a large area and she can shoot the sitting ducks inside of it.

Characters like symmetra and winston don't even require you to aim your weapon to hit people, only requiring you to be nearby and also giving you tools for mobility so you can get close by. Make a nest of sentrys with symmetra and you basically trap anyone who enters your prey, slowing and damaging them with your sentries while you spam your weapon on them as well. Winston has a quick dive-in ability that will let you get to your squishy targets, a shield to block enemy fire when you get there, and a gun that basically doesnt require aiming either, just has a short range.

Then there's Torbjorn, who has auto-aim turrets for you to sit back near and learn the sentry placement game, if you're into that kind of thing.

Overall, there's lots of opportunities for different play styles and levels of skill.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 14:51 Mordecai Walfish

Also, concerning the emulation of this device, it is not very good.

It is apparently missing an integral audio channel from the original NES (the noise channel) which is responsible for the wooshing-like static noises that are used in almost all games for NES. For example, when you do the spin slash in Ninja Gaiden.

Visually, it is superior to the Nintendo Virtual Console versions of these games though.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 14:42 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 10:43:
Verno wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 10:26:
The 3 foot controller cord and bullshit with needing to get up to hit the reset button to do anything kills the classic NES for me. I would literally need to camp out in front of a 60" TV. 3 feet in this day and age of wireless controllers is crazyland. Want a wireless one? Spend $20 more and still need to get up and hit the reset button to do ANYTHING. Even the old school NES had an 8 foot cord, Nintendo with their weird fucking hardware decisions as usual.

It also has no online capability so those 30 games are it for life. I predict this thing will be in closets within 3 months.

100%. That, and not being able to add new games.

Growing up, I was fortunate. When it was all said and done, I had 150 games (more than half acquired cheaply at a garage sale in like 1998.) I still have those cartridges, and the original NES, at my parents house. It's been in their garage for about 20 years.

I've done emulation, and learned most of those games simply aren't fun anymore. I get about 5 minutes of joy from them. There are some I'd like to go back to, and many aren't in this collection (seriously missing on the Castlevanias, though those have all been done better on the GBA.)

I feel like I'd be better off, and not feel awful, downloading an emulator and streaming to my TV from my desktop, and playing with the more comfortable Xbox 360 controller (which, I suppose, may be awful for some of these, with its terrible dpad.)

I could save anywhere, I could change games more easily, and I could play every game I own. This thing is kind of inspiring me to do just that. But, had it had wireless controllers, more ergonomic controllers, quicksave and reload, the ability to change games from the controller, and the ability to add more games... maybe a really long list of requested features, but I'd have bought the device and additional games (or game packs) for a good chunk more.

I expect a V2.

Growing up an arcade fanatic, I'm having quite a fun time re-playing many of my favorite classic games from this era emulated on my computer with a good arcade stick. It seriously changes the feel of these older games (castlevania especially) and breathes some new life into titles you've previously seen and done seemingly everything in. Hell I even emulated the GBA castlevanias with the arcade stick and they were an absolute blast.

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
14. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Nov 10, 2016, 14:36 Mordecai Walfish

Quinn wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 12:07:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 10:46:
It would have been nice having the game on sale too. I guess it sells well enough they don't have to worry about sales and stuff.
Normally on Steam if there is a free weekend for a certain game it is also on sale.
Oh well

The game is too good to go on sale. Not kidding. Haven't had this much consecutive fun in years. At first I hated the addiction because I played it solo. Now I have a steady supply of online buddies I can team with which makes this game 10 times more fun and less frustrating <3

Your singing my tune buddy.

Mordecai#1331

Add me if you wanna team up sometime!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 14:33 Mordecai Walfish

Not many sites out there that can claim a *billion* views. That is quite the milestone, indeed. Cheers!  

109. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 22:48 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 18:36:
Ok here is my take on it.

I wanted Bernie. But settled for Clinton.

Here is why Clinton didn't win.

She got so power hungry, and lazy that as a Democrat (and the Democratic party) pushed Bernie out who was destroying Trump in every poll out there (granted the polls went tits up after the final debate), and didn't do enough to make sure all american's felt 'special', like Trump did.

Trump is a MASTER bullshitter. You don't have as many failures buisness and personally and still get the vast majority of a country to vote for you, even after all his shit.

You take a country of people who are sick and tired of being treated like shit, a democratic canidate who is in the pocket of wall street, and constantly ignore them.
When people get treated badly for so long they will latch onto the first hand that wants to pull them out of the shit pile, be it an angel or a demon.

Am I happy with the election? No. Do I understand why the USA voted for Trump? Yes.

Well said.

70. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 17:28 Mordecai Walfish

Holy shit. Bernie had been saying this since the primaries. If Hillary is the candidate for the democratic party that she would lose to Trump.

The DNC let everyone down by simply picking Hillary because it was 'her turn' instead of picking a candidate that energized young voters, even much more so than Obama did in '08. Instead they go with a candidate with endless baggage, the easiest target for even the worst candidates the Republicans could throw at them. And now we have Trump. Fuck the DNC. Spineless fucking idiots got what they deserved, and the rest of us will now pay for their corrupt bumbling. If anything, I'm glad that both the Democratic and Republican parties are somewhat in flames right now. as I join the swelling sentiment in this country that we desperately need to burn this fucker down.

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 16:56:
Retired wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 16:20:
oh, and woke up this AM to another great thing. Voted into law off of the ballot (this was not advertised at all! DUH MEDIA!) Lawmakers in MN can NO LONGER GIVE THEMSELVES RAISES!

Bravo MN!

Seconded! I live just one state down, and hearing initiatives pass like this in the midwest reminds me of the great progressive strides we are making in places around here.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2016, 17:40.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 5, 2016, 14:35 Mordecai Walfish

Somebody leaked some of the design process conversations for the new macbooks/iphones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG5_kU

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
15. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 31, 2016, 15:16 Mordecai Walfish

Relevant article.

1233 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo