Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 1889 (Pro)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield V in October
48. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 24, 2018, 22:39 Mordecai Walfish

bigspender wrote on May 24, 2018, 18:16:
Cutter wrote on May 24, 2018, 09:09:
bigspender wrote on May 23, 2018, 22:50:
For sure, but I believe it has more to do with marketing the game to a wider audience than SJW pandering. It's a smart business move to make it appeal to more people.

Is it though? Most people have had enough of the PC bullshit. The silent majority is pissed off and not staying silent anymore. This is manifesting itself the world over. Look at most of the recent elections in Europe where it's all starting to go hard right. Even here after 15 years of Liberal misrule it looks like they're going to get crushed - and rightfully so - this June. I suppose we'll see.

It's just a different avatar in a game. I agree with the PC / SJW needs to die, but this isn't taking jobs away from qualified men in the real world or anything like that.

My buddy's wife is super excited that she can play as a female in the game. And that's one extra copy of the game they just sold. It's all business.

If it was an SJW thing 2 of the soldiers would be overweight, one would be wearing a burka lol ..... and if we see something like this in a DLC then i'll owe you an apology

With the amount of customization in the game for squads and characters that's new to the series, it's pretty obvious that they would want to provide a variety of choices for this, and not be hindered by historically accurate limitations. This is a game, not a documentary.. hopefully people can pull up their big boy pants and enjoy it, if it turns out well.

I would bet money that a 'battle royale DLC/add-on' is incoming though. lol

"What do I want? I don't really know. Most of the time I ignore my quest and walk into the homes of others, riffling through people's shelves... oooh, like those over there!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 24, 2018, 00:32 Mordecai Walfish

Prez wrote on May 23, 2018, 10:15:
Ouch. The new Brigitte meta really fucked with them.

They should get some pro Super Smash Brothers players on the roster if that's the case.

"What do I want? I don't really know. Most of the time I ignore my quest and walk into the homes of others, riffling through people's shelves... oooh, like those over there!"

News Comments > Valve's Unannounced Top Secret Games
35. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 22, 2018, 21:55 Mordecai Walfish

I think the next half life is under development for vr. They waited for a paradigm shift in gaming, after all they achieved in half-life 2, and other FPS games have done afterwards, they don't have as much room to innovate there. VR is the paradigm shift that creates something truly fresh for the franchise/genre, but I do not think it will come until decent VR sets are priced @ $200 or less. If you're investing as much as it will cost to make a full half-life game in VR, then the steep barrier of entry for consumers becomes a huge problem for a developer, who will have a much more limited audience. Valve can take their time on it and get it perfect by the time these cheaper consumer sets are available.

I want to believe.

News Comments > Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 22, 2018, 21:47 Mordecai Walfish

NotOneOfUs wrote on May 22, 2018, 21:45:
Stepping out of the ship into the giant outside, with the waterfall and the cliff...

One of the most legendary moments in gaming.

Crazy how well some developers harness that feeling of expanse. Oblivion is another great example.

News Comments > Overwatch Anniversary Event Begins
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 22, 2018, 21:43 Mordecai Walfish

lol not at all dead, but waning for sure. all those "mothers and children" seem to be doing well for their respective teams in making a league there, but right now it's a 50/50 gamble as to whether blizzard's care bear management can make this league grow or if they will continue to gentrify 'til nothing is left but cardboard cutouts of these players.  

News Comments > Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 22, 2018, 21:36 Mordecai Walfish

I absolutely loved this game when it first released. I remember flying around in noclip mode taking screenshots for my desktop. Those sweet sweet detail textures, corona lighting.. all so new at the time. Only really played single player though, it couldn't compete with Quake 1/2 multiplayer, which were in a league of their own for many years at the time.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2018, 19:14 Mordecai Walfish

New consoles will be out at the later half of 2019. Should be right in time for cyberpunk 2077, if it's not delayed. I'll be playing it on PC, but console players should get a pretty awesome version given the timing of release around console launch. Oblivion on xbox360 is a good example. Came out at console launch and blew people away.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 21, 2018, 20:31 Mordecai Walfish

It's funny that one of the most respected/respectable presidents in my lifetime, is more appreciated by the world's population than the people in the USA. The insidious reptiles that insisted that he was not fit to be president because of the color of his skin are now in charge. We are in the midst of the great american decline, from which it does not look like we will recover in my lifetime. The vast majority in the USA are too willfully ignorant for any of this to get better, IMO. Their kids are carrying the tiki torch of mis-education now, fully indoctrinated in "entertainment news" sources and damn near state-run media, not to mention the conspiratorial internet fuckpuppetry they're so eager to gobble up.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 21, 2018, 20:05 Mordecai Walfish

WaltC wrote on May 21, 2018, 19:42:
Creston wrote on May 21, 2018, 19:03:
One hundred MILLION??? Is Fortnite making them that much money??

Certainly a misprint, no question...;)

Fortnite brought in 210 million in February alone. This is no misprint, the game is a billion dollar+ franchise now.

Jank feeling, tacked-on battle royale modes are coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches as a result. The building mechanic in Fortnite is just terribly shallow, gameplay wise, so IMO the genre is still waiting for someone to "get it right". Don't even mention PUBG.. that game is the next dayZ, stuck in eternal beta, unable to fix core issues for years at end.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 19, 2018, 16:38 Mordecai Walfish

Nimh wrote on May 19, 2018, 15:18:
Leaked creepy Google video hosted on Youtube.. yeah, so edgy, so leaked.

LOL

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer
23. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer May 16, 2018, 02:31 Mordecai Walfish

El Pit wrote on May 16, 2018, 02:05:
bigspender wrote on May 15, 2018, 22:46:
Osc8r wrote on May 15, 2018, 20:20:
Looks ok...

If it has full campaign co-op i may consider it.

Plus one for coop. Gaming is a social event for me most of the time.

Plenty of games for you out there. But this one? Make single-player games great again! Single-player experience FIRST!

(No, we don't need a wall to keep all those "gaming is a social event" guys out of single-player country.)

seems like co-op would fit perfectly in a game like this. from the trailer, it looks like a mixture of the original rage and destiny to me.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announce Trailer
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 15, 2018, 03:38 Mordecai Walfish

Jerykk wrote on May 14, 2018, 23:07:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 14, 2018, 17:48:
This trailer is fucking terrible. So bad, that I wonder if they just slapped it together between the time that wal-mart listing appeared and today.

I have a feeling we'll all be feeling a bit nostalgic for the "good ol' Rage" when this turd ships, if it is anything like this steaming pile of cliche' garbage trailer.

Since when has any game ever been anything like its live-action teaser trailer..?

I just mean the tacked on 'tude and corny vibe that it had. might have great mechanics but if everyone is just post-apocalyptic anarchist dude-bros I dont think it will hold my interest for long.

News Comments > Boss Key Closed
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2018, 17:53 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on May 14, 2018, 17:48:
we scrambled to do our own take on the huge battle royale genre with Radical Heights which was well received

Fuckers. "We were always planning to close, but quickly sold you gullible idiots a bare-bones piece of shit Fortnite clone just to grab a few grand! Thanks!"

Nobody should ever give this asshole a dime ever again.

I was under the impression that Radical Heights was free to try the alpha. The only people who spent a couple of grand were boss key for servers.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announce Trailer
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2018, 17:48 Mordecai Walfish

This trailer is fucking terrible. So bad, that I wonder if they just slapped it together between the time that wal-mart listing appeared and today.

I have a feeling we'll all be feeling a bit nostalgic for the "good ol' Rage" when this turd ships, if it is anything like this steaming pile of cliche' garbage trailer.

News Comments > Overwatch Anniversary Event Next Week?
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2018, 01:01 Mordecai Walfish

Crickets.

Playerbase is rapidly declining and Blizzard is banning/silencing their pro players left and right, for things as stupid as using memes.

TF3 can't come soon enough.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement Monday?
34. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 12, 2018, 19:39 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on May 12, 2018, 11:32:
Flo wrote on May 12, 2018, 02:37:
Creston wrote on May 11, 2018, 18:03:
SirKnight wrote on May 11, 2018, 14:03:
Creston wrote on May 11, 2018, 13:36:
Will it still use the same shitty pop-in / ultra-low fidelity textures tech that was supposed to revolutionize gaming?

You do realize that Doom (2016) used the same tech but improved right? So why would Rage 2 (which of course will use the same id Tech 6 as Doom) go back to the original implementation of Megatextures?

I didn't play Doom. I know the pop-in was mostly fixed once everyone switched to SSDs, but didn't Doom suffer from some horrid textures up close as well?
Everything about Doom 2016 was 100% perfect. I am not kidding.

Except the god awful multiplayer

Aye. Playing the multiplayer beta for Doom gave me little hope for the game, but the single player carried it, thankfully. Far from 100% perfect with multiplayer like that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 12, 2018, 00:15 Mordecai Walfish

Optane looks like a really solid upgrade for older/slower drives. Thinking about picking one up to give it a try.

Only requirement is an m.2 slot, correct?

I'm using an older motherboard for my 4790k that has an m.2 slot, but if it requires a newer chipset as well, i'm hosed on that front I guess.

One thing to take note of is that the reviewer here only tested the largest option (64GB), which cost like $140. I would like to see performance benchmarks across all three available variants. (16/32/64)

EDIT: Nevermind.

What are the base requirements to run Intel Optane memory?

7th Generation (or newer) Intel® Core™ Processor.
Intel® 200 Series Chipset (or newer).
Intel Optane memory ready UEFI BIOS. Legacy BIOS mode is not supported.
Windows® 10 x64.
Intel Rapid Storage Technology 15.5 or newer driver.

This comment was edited on May 12, 2018, 19:42.

28. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 12, 2018, 00:02 Mordecai Walfish

MattyC wrote on May 11, 2018, 16:40:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 11, 2018, 15:24:
Will it still use the same shitty pop-in / ultra-low fidelity textures tech that was supposed to revolutionize gaming?

You do realize that Doom (2016) used the same tech but improved right? So why would Rage 2 (which of course will use the same id Tech 6 as Doom) go back to the original implementation of Megatextures?

Also, the high end for graphics memory in gpus when rage came out was like 512mb. Now we're pushing 6gb+ vram in gpus.

Unless I am remembering wrong, I had my 460 GTX back then and it had a gig and was decidedly a mid-range card. Though I don't think it would have mattered either way for Rage.

Ignoring the tech, it wasn't all bad. Just a sort of OK shooter.

EDIT: After seeing Acleacius mention the mid-2000s I had to look it up. I am indeed not crazy. It was released in late 2010.

I remembered it being like 2008/2009. Never finished it though, oretty unmemorable game with fun moments every once in a while. I didnt have pop-in issues at launch

21. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 11, 2018, 15:24 Mordecai Walfish

Also, the high end for graphics memory in gpus when rage came out was like 512mb. Now we're pushing 6gb+ vram in gpus.

News Comments > Rising Storm 2: Vietnam ARVN Update Plans
4. Re: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam ARVN Update Plans May 11, 2018, 15:04 Mordecai Walfish

New from NRA tv, comes the ARVN, the "Assault Rifle Video Network" streaming live to buttholes world-wide via the power of our new G.O.A.T.S.E. broadcasting technology! Get gaped today!  

1889 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo