Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Choobeastia

Real Name Choobeastia   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Long time gamer who got addicted to Blues News during the wonderful stays that it sat right beside my Stomped bookmark and those of a few other Quake-centric sites.... I miss the Quake guy in the logo.
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2011, 06:35
Total Comments 40 (Suspect)
User ID 56171

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee
72. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 2, 2018, 19:27 Choobeastia

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 19:14:
You can try to Trump your way through discussions by telling lies endlessly one after another but nobody here has the patience for that and you'll just be ignored. You're not important.

Back to back Trump references for Smart between you and I! I worry that the state of things in the US has the sitting president being used as the definition of a lying propagandist.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

71. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 2, 2018, 19:25 Choobeastia

dsmart wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 18:31:
LOL!! Nice try.

BOTH French and Lessor were making all kinds of claims regarding the lawsuit, that it had no merits, that the CIG response was solid, that the MtD would succeed etc. If a case is bs, NONE of the claims will survive a MtD. So CLEARLY the judge found that Crytek's complaints DID have merit. And the MtD ruling says all there is to say about that.

Heck, even in his follow-up video, AFTER correcting (see link below) himself after I called him out on his bs on Twitter and on YT, French went and gave it 60/40 chance of success.

http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=27.msg7228;topicseen#msg7228

https://twitter.com/UnsafestSpace/status/954463514793578496

http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=127.msg7141;topicseen#msg7141

ps: My website forum has a search function. Try it!

pps: Yes, I watched all the videos about this that BOTH French and Lessor put out. Did you?

You realize that 60/40 isn't "it had no merits." And the MtD did succeed in the one area he seemed most sure about, the matter of the "exclusive" clause. I also remember that his initial comments were concerned that the GLA wasn't included with the complaint, but referenced it repetitively, and that being his primary reasoning for the case to be dismissed.

You remind me of Trump. You think if you say something enough, it will define the narrative, and sway views.

Can we have a new Godwin's law for Trump references? Choobeast's law?

66. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 2, 2018, 15:42 Choobeastia

dsmart wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 15:01:
ps: Yeah, those are the same "experts" (that's why we have good, bad, and incompetent lawyers) who were saying the case was bs, Crytek had no case, it would be thrown out etc. And they know more about the law than a Federal judge. LOL!!

Then the MtD ruling came.

ps. Thanks for the Sun afternoon lols.

Actually, Leonard French stated that the "exclusive" claim would likely be thrown out, as that was in the portion of the contract having to do with allowances, not restrictions. Other than that, he was largely neutral. He did find CIG/RSI's response compelling, and said that it may get some portions dismissed, but that 'if he were the judge' he would likely allow another amended complaint for crytek to clarify... which is exactly what the judge did.

Just tossing that out there. I know it's easy for you to get excited and over speak sometimes, so I wanted to help you out with accuracy.

11. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 1, 2018, 00:31 Choobeastia

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 21:09:

I'm not really a fan of the plan they proposed, and I'm glad they've changed it. That said, if you read the other posts, you'd see that the screw ups and streaming errors were some of the things they were trying to correct with that money (right or wrong) by getting a professional film and streaming crew rather than doing it in house.

It's not a great excuse, but it's something. As for the rest... eh, I feel like you're just fired up about something. There's a lot of "how dare they" and "who do they think they are" in there, which makes it sound like they were killing your dog. I mean... they were going to put the streams up for free as high def youtube videos afterwards anyway. This was just for the livestreaming itself, so it's not like anyone was going to miss out. The youtube numbers dwarf the livestream numbers by a massive amount. So not paying, you would have missed out on literally nothing but whatever rewards they were offering.

In short, grab a nap or something, grumpasaurus.

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
133. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 21, 2018, 01:23 Choobeastia

I think that there is a fundamental disconnect between you, Kxmode, and theyarecomingforyou. It stems not from theyarecomingforyou being a fanboy, but that he believes Derek to be an unreliable source.

So far as his legal analysis, it seems more likely that he sends things to his team of lawyers to make sure that he isn't opening himself up for a lawsuit, than that they are giving him in depth analysis of legal documents having to do with third parties. And he never made a distinction that they were specifically providing a service to analyze the CIG/Crytek documents, just to analyze what he was posting.

103. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 03:17 Choobeastia

Kxmode wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 03:10:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 21:38:
Now I understand, it's asbergers.
It all makes sense.

Aspergers. Not official, but likely given the array of symptoms are quite similar. That doesn't stunt my ability to formulate thoughts and communicate them. It just makes being around people more difficult. On the autism spectrum for Derek, it would explain his obsessive nature with CIG, Roberts, and Star Citizen, and his bluntness when communicating with others.

Possibly. So would him feeling jilted concerning them not knowing him and Battlecruiser being overshadowed by a Wing Commander game, and him just being an asshole. I believe that there are people with Aspergers out there, and that they have trouble with social situations. I don't believe every person that uses it as an excuse for shitty behavior.

And to be clear, I'm not doubting you, Kxmode. But I am doubting someone else in this thread.

58. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 19:47 Choobeastia

Nice use of italics.

How about this. Leonard French seems like a nice neutral entity with regards to this matter.

Crytek sues RSI over Star Citizen & Squadron 42
Star Citizen files Motion to Dismiss Crytek Lawsuit
Star Citizen Responds in Support of Dismissing Crytek's First Amended Complaint

The truth is, we're not even in discovery yet. Right now it's just positioning, and adjusting the scope. We'll find out the truth of things in due time. Until then, I'll take my analysis from anyone but Derek Smart.

Here, let's enjoy this instead, and revel in the irrelevance of all of this:

history of the world

News Comments > Star Citizen Ground Battle Video
13. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 13:45 Choobeastia

Full thing, including a few crashes and reloads. There were definitely issues, but far far better than we've had in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVD-Djst4NY

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
12. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 13:50 Choobeastia

It might be pointless, but there are going to be times when the character animators are in a holding pattern, and these refinements give them something to do.

As for the FPS, that isn't the game. That's a development platform with the ability to observe in-game assets, which means none of it is compressed or properly stored in memory. It's all full sized, and likely being read off of the disk in real-time, so that they can make changes via their editor and see immediate results. You'll notice on the bottom the whole gray block.

That being said, I think they're just running out of things to show for the moment, that won't give anything away. But at the same time, they promised one Squadron 42 focused Around the Verse a month, which means that some of them will be primarily filler.

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
10. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 23, 2018, 20:25 Choobeastia

That's like saying that George R.R. Martin is taking too long on the next Game of Thrones book, so an HBO writer should write it instead, and then try to claim that he wasn't the original author because he has a publishing company. Just let the court decide, rather than looking at the world all, "I like Guy A more than Guy B, so Guy A is totes right ya'll!"  

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
8. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 23, 2018, 15:15 Choobeastia

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 13:19:
2 million bucks? Hahaha! Yeah good luck with that. Case is an obvious loser otherwise they'd have had no problem finding a lawyer to take it pro bono. I imagine they've been told that by plenty of lawyers too. I doubt they'll even raise 1% of that. And rightfully so. These clowns need to learn to let go, shut the fuck up, and just move on already. Jesus, the IP isn't even worth.

They wouldn't find a lawyer to take it pro bono, because their countersuit is not for damages, but to cement the rights, so court fees wouldn't be waved and the lawyer would be doing a huge amount of work.

From what can be seen, legally they have the Copywrite, but Stardock has the Trademark. Thus Stardock can use the name Star Control, but none of the original IP. The agreement between GOG, Atari, and Fred/Paul make it rather clear that even Atari recognized that back in the day.

A solid examination of the case for anyone interested:
Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it50gS5yYB4
Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yochP8F69LY

Vach wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 13:31:
Taking them like f**king 30 years to want to make a new Star Control?

But now they want to make one when someone made one, yeah sure.

I hope they end up bankrupt and losing their own IP forever.

There was a legal issue, whereby they couldn't make a new Star Control game because they were working for Activision on Skylanders, and Activision would have gained rights to any game they made. At least, this is the claim, so as a result, they were not able to work on any personal projects and retain the rights to them.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2018, 20:29.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Why Linux is better than Windows or macOS for security Feb 10, 2018, 19:56 Choobeastia

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 10, 2018, 14:30:
Brought to you by No-Shit Sherlock and Captain Obvious.

That is one of the many, many reasons I choose to use Linux. That and we get fixes much faster than Microsoft or Apple pushes out to their userbase. Also, free improvements to our favorite software for which we don't have to buy "versions" to receive.

Linux isn't for everyone, certainly, and that should be carefully considered.

There is a portion of me that wants to get on board with Linux, but the community has kept me away. There is a level of elitism to it that comes through if you ever need to ask something. RTFM seems to be the default stance to everything, and if you ever say, "I've read it, and here is the abnormal response I'm getting," there is always another level of RTFM people would use to not answer a simple request for information.

It became infuriating after a time, and though I had my system up and running well, the prospect of dealing with the community for other issues made me revert to windows so I could just game in misery.

News Comments > CIG Responds to Crytek Lawsuit
15. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Lawsuit Jan 8, 2018, 01:35 Choobeastia

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 23:12:
loomy wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 19:13:
I can't hear the sound of this loading screen lawsuit over the sound of me playing star citizen for hours this weekend

It was a slideshow for me. What's your system?

I haven't played it overly much, but I've found that the game is more CPU than GPU limited right now. I have a core i7 from a few years ago, and a 1060gtx, and I get around 20-30 FPS much of the time IF I set the game to high graphics. If I try to put it to low, my FPS drops to slideshow levels.

Hope that helps!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 27, 2017, 18:34 Choobeastia

So far, I haven't met anyone who hasn't liked Bright. It's not the best movie, and it has its flaws, but it's fun. I feel like the critics were watching a different movie, and I wonder if their review copy really was different somehow.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
19. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 10, 2017, 21:42 Choobeastia

I'm guessing that the game is missing a few shader passes. It doesn't look at good as MWO, which is sad. BUT the fact that it doesn't look as good as their own previous game gives me hope that as development continues, more polish passes will result in a nice overall look.  

News Comments > Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Released
6. Re: Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Released Dec 7, 2017, 17:42 Choobeastia

Darks wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 13:39:
Me too, but the one thing this game lacks is a way to play it Coop with a friend. its a major task to try and find your friend so you can ally with them to play as a team.

This game needs to allow you the option to team up and be close to your fiends so you can conquer the areas together.

There's a game setup option called "clustered players." If you're just playing with a couple of friends, you should be able to find each other pretty easily after that. I hope that helps!

As for the pack, I can understand waiting, but I got it. I love this game, and art assets seems like a simple way for them to expand it in a way that is meaningful to some players, and doesn't effect gameplay. I hope they keep on producing packs like this.

News Comments > How to Infest Nioh with Mice
2. Re: How to Infest Nioh with Mice Nov 8, 2017, 14:35 Choobeastia

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 13:00:
Better yet, just don't buy games without mouse support, maybe the devs will learn.

Agreed entirely.

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 14, 2017, 21:40 Choobeastia

Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 15:12:
Blue wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 12:47:
Choobeastia wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 21:27:
Why would anyone against online harassment be on Twitter in the first place?

That's a very victim blaming sentiment.

Why would someone afraid of heights ride a roller coaster.

Oops, there I go blaming the victim again.

Roller coasters have one purpose. Twitter ostensibly has one other than harassing people. Or arguing with people. Or debating.

I don't think it's very good at that purpose anymore. I don't think it's good for communication, or ever was, nor for brand building. It's really only good for throwing mud. There remains a few people for whom it serves a professional or personal purpose, but man, let it go. Other social media lets that happen better. Yeah, you can reach a wider audience on Twitter, but it's no longer the audience looking for what you want. Twitter let that boat sale.

So I don't think your comparison is 100% perfect, but each day it gets closer to that.

It really is an imperfect comparison.

Your comparison would work wonderfully if normally roller coasters were comfy sofas, but someone figured out how to throw them through an intense ride. The sitter simply wants to sit, and be comfy, but some asshole comes along and sends them on a heart stopping ride involving tons of heights and drops. They didn't WANT that. They had no way of stopping the person, but they thought, "hey, this isn't likely to happen. Millions of people sit on sofas and don't go on those crazy rides."

Let's go to someone else. Home invasions. There are, according to google-fu, 125.82 million homes in the US. There are approximately 1 million home invasions in the US every year. That means each home has approximately a .79% chance of being invaded. Of course, some areas will be much higher than that, and some areas much lower. Now, if someone kicks in a door, burglarizes a house, and murders the people living there, do we blame the home invader, or did the people not have enough locks? Should they have set up something physical to block the doors, or windows every night? Does who we blame change if their socioeconomic status forced them to live in a better area, or worse area?

All of this is moot, really. The real point is that even if we do not agree, it costs nothing to be understanding of a group choosing to stand up against bullies. At the same time, we only diminish ourselves by demeaning them.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 14, 2017, 02:48 Choobeastia

Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 22:57:
Choobeastia wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 21:27:

No, it's jut common sense. If you walk into a biker bar or enter some ghetto then the odds are pretty good some shit is going to go down and it's no one's fault but your own.

That's a poor argument. First off, twitter isn't a "biker bar," or a "ghetto." Both of those places wear their looks of danger on the outside. If we were talking about the somethingawful forums, I wouldn't argue, but we're talking about twitter.

MOST of what goes on there, from what I've seen, is not aggressive or nasty. There is some of that too, but someone on the receiving end of it isn't to blame, and shooing them away from the site or service is an argument that will lead to everyplace online being off limits to anyone who isn't an asshole, or good at pretending not to care when they're hurt.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 21:27 Choobeastia

40 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo