Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sacrifex

Real Name Sacrifex   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2011, 15:57
Total Comments 61 (Suspect)
User ID 56124

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced
18. Re: New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced Jul 22, 2016, 14:32 Sacrifex

Curses, now I'm going to have to toss my system in the bin. Literally unplayable.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection
36. Re: Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection Jun 20, 2016, 14:24 Sacrifex

It goes ever farther than that unfortunately - after working for tons of hours, then someone steals it, and because it is not made to work with the consoles for a number of reasons (some technical, some otherwise) you get abuse from console players about a broken game and hate-mail about something that was a total labor of love.

That, I imagine, is going to be a very great source of frustration for the people who work so hard to put something out in a working order on the intended platform.

I certainly wouldn't want to deal with that.

News Comments > Rocket League Hoops Mode Next Month
2. Re: Rocket League Hoops Mode Next Month Mar 30, 2016, 13:26 Sacrifex

I haven't even played much lately (heresy, I know), but I still buy the cosmetic DLC because it's priced well, and it supports a company which is just doing everything right, and with care for the customer. Voting with my wallet goes both ways, and they get my money, no question.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod Support in April; Survival Mode Beta Soon
13. Re: Fallout 4 Mod Support in April; Survival Mode Beta Soon Feb 23, 2016, 19:50 Sacrifex

Beamer wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 18:50:
No fast travel sounds miserable. Fun in theory, but miserable.

This is dead on. The world, while not massive, is just too big to travel back and forth in repeatedly without some sort of fast travel or mount. It may be realistic to walk fifteen minutes out to a quest, to do stuff for five minutes, and then walk fifteen minutes back just to turn in the quest, but that's not going to be a fun half hour of gaming.

Add to that the existance of the Brotherhood of Steel flares, and all you would be doing is taxing fast travel (which is fine, by itself), and telling people who do not want to burn thirty minutes out of every thirty five playing a walking simulator that their only option is to side with the Brotherhood.

That part just isn't good game design.

News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Hotfix
1. Re: AMD Crimson Drivers Hotfix Jan 12, 2016, 12:06 Sacrifex

As someone with Crossfire 6970's, I'm a bit salty about AMD cutting off new driver releases to their pre-HD7000 cards.I game on one 1080p monitor, and they still get the job done on ultra in most cases.

I know they want people to move up and buy new cards, but you can still get updated Drivers for a 10 year old nVidia card. With some of the problems I had, I was going to go nVidia for my next build anyway, so it didn't really change my buying decision, but it's a bit of a bummer to need to wait out the next gen Titan for likely another year+ with new games being buggy.

The HD 7000 brought new tech, so, I can kind of see why, but, it seems a much shorter lifespan than I had expected. Hearing AMD talk about new tech again makes me wonder if this is going to start to be a recurring theme.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2015, 14:02 Sacrifex

Don't be silly, we know that only the unwashed masses of PC users pirate things.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy
6. Re: Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy Nov 24, 2015, 12:59 Sacrifex

Just like how it got out of hand as Path of Exile, Rocket League, etc... got more items/DLC, right?

Until it's warranted, lets just put the pitchfork down, okay?

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Refunds
21. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Refunds Oct 12, 2015, 19:40 Sacrifex

Some?

Anywho - seriously guys, you're keeping Blue busy tonight.

News Comments > No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition
4. Re: No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Oct 11, 2015, 15:59 Sacrifex

I used to love the Heroes Series, so it pains me to say it, but, if you play anything by Ubisoft, you deserve whatever you get (or, don't get).

Ubisoft-free for the better part of a decade, and going strong here.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
21. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 10:43 Sacrifex

After buying BF3, with the Premium as soon as it came out, and then, the real lesson, BF4 with Premium, I decided that I was not going to be buying this.

I'm playing other games, having a good time, and not having to put up with being treated like a criminal for being a paying customer.

To be honest, its reaffirmed my decision to stop buying/playing anything from Ubisoft, and EA is officially added to the skip list. If I'm missing something, I'm too busy having fun to notice.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
11. Re: Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha Aug 20, 2014, 06:35 Sacrifex

Except that the game is to be free. Not even free to play, just... free.

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
17. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 12:49 Sacrifex

Rather incorrect - having bought premium for both games, and thus getting insanely burned on BF4, I'm adding DICE to the list of people I refuse to buy anything by/from, with no chance of parole.

They can throw a party with Ubisoft. Last game I ever purchased with their name on it was Far Cry 2 in 2008.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Oct 9, 2013, 06:47 Sacrifex

I'll throw down on it, conditionally. If it is as horrible of a port as GTA4 was, I'll skip it without a second thought.

Bought GTA 4 and the Episodes for something like ten bucks on Steam. Had I bought it at full retail, I'd have been quite annoyed. Entirely unplayable on higher-end hardware that didn't even exist when the game launched. I suppose that unplayable is a subjective term, but it certainly met my definition.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
8. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 15:17 Sacrifex

While I wasn't huge on the auction house, it was a necessary evil because of the awful (dare I say, non-existent) lobby system to congregate and trade items in, as well as the removal of the ability to choose a public game you want to choose from a list, ala D2 (I traded tons of items in games named "Tradezzz," back then.

Without a good communication system for trading, of which message boards are not one, the game has essentially become a single player game, with online DRM.

I'm fine with either option, a good AH or a good chat channel and game joining system, but with neither, what renewed interest I had in the title recently is dead. They'll have done the exact opposite of what they intended - killed the ability to exchange items with other players, and essentially made the game more of a solo Skinner Box than it ever could have been otherwise.

News Comments > Killing Floor: Free Week; Patch; Sale; More
2. Re: Killing Floor: Free Week; Patch; Sale; More Jul 4, 2013, 15:44 Sacrifex

I picked up the game a few sales back, but I was told the scene could be extremely vitriolic, so I never even went online with it. I have too many games left on the backlog to spend time getting yelled at when I'm trying to have fun.

Same reason I won't touch LoL, and the like.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
26. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 10:52 Sacrifex

Didn't play this one because of the mediocre reviews, the horror stories of the PC port (which they openly admit was crap), and, it didn't help that Cliffy B couldn't keep his trap shut and mouthed off specifically at PC gamers.

But hey, piracy. Yeah.

As mentioned before, what's the explanation for the game selling like crap on consoles? Everyone with a PS3 and 360 just build a PC so they could pirate it?

News Comments > PC Dark Souls for August?
1. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 15:53 Sacrifex

Awesome news - it's one of the few games I really, really wanted to play, but couldn't because it was console only.

Getting to play it at higher resolutions at a constant 60 fps will make it worth the wait.

Day one buy for me if the port is done well.

News Comments > Blacklight Retribution Launch
9. Re: Blacklight Retribution Launch Apr 4, 2012, 16:03 Sacrifex

You start out with a grand total of one (two, if you count your pistol as seperate from the starting SMG). If you want to modify it at all, you're stuck grinding, or paying up. There are no options to change without cash/points.  

News Comments > Blacklight Retribution Launch
7. Re: Blacklight Retribution Launch Apr 4, 2012, 15:29 Sacrifex

Despite their claims that it is not pay-to-win, the method for unlocking guns, etc... is entirely just that.

You can unlock them by earning points during multiplayer, but, the gain is so absurdly slow, that you're probably looking at no less than 30-40 full rounds played just to unlock a single gun customization. Then more to get a single attachment, etc...

I thought the first Blacklight was fun enough (got it during the $1 sale Microsoft had back when), but, this one is not remotely worth the time investment if you don't want to just shovel cash out. Very disappointing.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Features
26. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 16, 2012, 19:32 Sacrifex

Butthurt trolololling aside (seriously, if you're going to stop buying PC games because their last iteration didn't have features that most skip due to console roots, just sell your PC and take up cross-stitching or something), this went from a wait-until-a-Steam-Sale, to a likely early buy to play with friends.

I liked the idea of the first game, so polished up, and with PC centric features, I'm in.

61 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo