Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for warmbluelasers

Real Name warmbluelasers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description Damn bears.
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 28, 2010, 13:24
Total Comments 174 (Novice)
User ID 56099

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 2, 2019, 08:02 warmbluelasers

Sepharo wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 22:57:
edit: Eh, I guess I didn't realize how much his subscriber count had dried up... Still huge, still a huge payday, but nothing like he had spring/summer '18.

Some other top streamers for comparison:

For Microsoft and advertisers, concurrent viewers would be more important than subs and donations. Doubly so because Microsoft is hoping to buy market share from Twitch. There's also the issue of what is being bought. Ninja has tried very hard to groom himself as family friendly, which is easier to market.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Again; Epic Games Store Exclusive

18. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Again; Epic Games Store Exclusive Jul 25, 2019, 17:36 warmbluelasers

This gives EGS plenty of time to roll out support for selling $500 gold plated clan mechs.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

12. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 20, 2019, 09:45 warmbluelasers

HorrorScope wrote on May 19, 2019, 23:03:
Shroud. Pretty interesting that he's made the big time like that. When I watch his streams I'm always impresses on how often he wins, but shocked by his tactics not being amazing balls and his aim while good, not god like.

I've noticed Shroud isn't always bringing his A-game aim. What I saw in the Doritos Bowl PUBG tourney vs his usual stream performance is very different. Could also be his busted arm being in rehab. But I agree, his tactical game is uninspiring.

News Comments > Apex Legends Bans

4. Re: Apex Legends Bans Feb 16, 2019, 19:17 warmbluelasers

Creston wrote on Feb 16, 2019, 18:11:
So is making a cheat-free game really impossible? I'm beginning to think it is. I mean, there's nothing you can do against cheat-engine, which literally just reads out the memory locations and alters them, but you can guard against cheat-engine by having all that information stored server-side, not client-side.

Is it just that devs keep making client-side-trusted games?

The two most common and powerful cheats used in FPS games (aimbots and wallhacks) don't need to interact with any of that data. Both only need to read information in the client. One uses that data to input control data to aim automatically, and the other uses that data to place an on-screen marker. ESP cheats also only need to read client data, specifically the data that tells the client which way other player models are facing for animation.

The only direct interaction the cheats need is a hook to overlay. At that point it's a cat-and-mouse game of creating a cheat hook that is undetected by the current anti-cheat and then the anti-cheat developers trying to create a detection method that reliably bans the cheat with minimal false positives.

Going directly after the cheat developers may deter further development but ultimately it would become like the war on drugs. People want to cheat to the tune of $60, and there are programmers who just want that money. The bigger the game, the bigger the demand, the more programmers are willing to code cheats for cash. That's why big games like these BRs are so plagued. There's too much money to be made for it to go away.

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 10M Players; 1M Concurrent

27. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 10M Players; 1M Concurrent Feb 8, 2019, 08:46 warmbluelasers

I bet Bobby at ActiBlizzard is wishing he wasn't such a dick to these guys. People could've been doing lootbox streams of his Fortnite killer right now.  

News Comments > Lawsuit Alleges Secret $12M Randy Pitchford Bonus

6. Re: Lawsuit Alleges Secret $12M Randy Pitchford Bonus Jan 11, 2019, 23:34 warmbluelasers

So randy!  

News Comments > Unity, Improbable, and Epic Games Spat

2. Re: Unity, Improbable, and Epic Games Spat Jan 11, 2019, 10:36 warmbluelasers

I had to look up SpatialOS because I've been living under a rock. Here Unity says they've told Improbable that their OS is against TOS but is saying out of the same mouth that people can keep developing for SpatialOS. Either the Unity people are mental or they're trying to entrap developers. If SpatialOS is against TOS then all projects have to stop or migrate. It would be like ActiBlizzard suing illegal private servers and at the same time telling players "don't worry about it, you can keep playing on illegal private servers."  

News Comments > Alien Game Tease?

22. Re: Alien Game Tease? Jan 6, 2019, 09:51 warmbluelasers

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 6, 2019, 09:31:
As for your reasoning that a sequel did not come out right away just because one was teased shows a diconnect with reality. You might remember a game called Half-Life 2.

Using Valve development as a basis for personal attack? Ok.

News Comments > Alien Game Tease?

18. Re: Alien Game Tease? Jan 6, 2019, 08:25 warmbluelasers

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 6, 2019, 08:17:
Your opinion certainly runs contrary to the metacritic score.

Critical reception and sales aren't linked factors, and publishers want sales more than critical praise. Isolation didn't meet SEGA's sales expectations and that's why despite the game's ending teasing a sequel there wasn't one right away.

News Comments > Battlefield V: TTK TTK Changes

9. Re: Battlefield V: TTK TTK Changes Dec 17, 2018, 21:32 warmbluelasers

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2018, 21:10:
When you got such time pressure to make a game you can't balance anything. You are lucky enough if you release something that's even BARELY working.

With Battlefront 2 and Battlefield V using the game-as-a-service model I wonder how long it will become between releases. I wouldn't mind if that same treatment stretches retroactively to BF1 and BF4. Both those games may not be sparkly new but they're still very relevant for graphics and gameplay and there's a healthy enough population still on PC.

News Comments > PlanetSide Arena Announced

7. Re: PlanetSide Arena Announced Dec 14, 2018, 07:30 warmbluelasers

Must be some huge whales left in Planetside 2. Figured it'd been shuttered by now.  

News Comments > John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow

40. Re: John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow Dec 10, 2018, 09:25 warmbluelasers

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 19:29:
I find it hilarious how you guys will shit on Chris Roberts (an actual active game designer) and defend a guy like Romero.

Looks like you hit a nerve with that.

News Comments > John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow

18. Re: John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow Dec 9, 2018, 18:57 warmbluelasers

I guess he finally got bored of playing WoW all day and decided to get back to work.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries in September

16. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries in September Dec 2, 2018, 17:28 warmbluelasers

Orogogus wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 15:41:
Like, right in that video's comments, there are people bitching that the Locust is running around too fast and doesn't look like it's heavy enough.

Locust is listed as going 80mph in original materials, and looks about that in the trailer. It also looks like a machine with jerky movements similar to the AT-ST.

The Internet meta is to bitch about and slam everything. Meanwhile the fans who are eagerly awaiting this game, like me, are too busy having fun to join the bitching echo chamber of the Internet.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?

9. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 27, 2018, 11:47 warmbluelasers

Darks wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 11:06:
They had a beta, and the beta was the full game. Everyone knew what they are getting this was not a secret.

Lots of high profile gamers streamed the beta and a number of reviewers put up first impressions as well. Bethesda was also very clear since E3 as to exactly what kind of game it was going to be.

News Comments > Alien Blackout Trademarked

5. Re: Alien Blackout Trademarked Nov 24, 2018, 21:06 warmbluelasers

Alien Blackout... COD Blackout... Xenomorph Royale wooo!  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Remaster Details

17. Re: Command & Conquer Remaster Details Nov 15, 2018, 07:15 warmbluelasers

How are they going to salvage the FMV cutscenes? All the CG stuff can be redone from the bottom up, but for me the cheesy FMV trying hard to be serious and gritty is what made the games for me. Time will tell.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Launches Early

10. Re: Re: Fallout 76 Launches Early Nov 14, 2018, 07:28 warmbluelasers

Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2018, 22:28:
Most of the pre-launch reviews have described the beta as a sub-par, un-optimized, DOA MMO FPS*, which is foreign to the quality many have come to expect from Bethesda's AAA deliveries.

I must be an anomaly then. My experience with every Bethesda game has been a shitshow. Compared to ESO launch, what I saw of FO76 on twitch made it look like God's gift to man. Compared to other major publishers... still looked like the same old shitshow. I'd say I'd grab it for $5 like I've done with their other titles after Fallout 3 but by then the game will be a ghost town I bet.

News Comments > etc.

10. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2018, 15:00 warmbluelasers

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 14:53:
OK, I had no idea what stream sniping even was. How can you do it on purpose when Fortnite just randomly dumps you into games?

Drop into queue at the same time as the streamer. Matchmakers work on first-come-first-serve and with 100 player matches like in BR it's not that hard to get the same match if you ready up within a few seconds of each other.

It's very easy to pull off but it's mostly done by friends and clanners to drop multiple squads into a match.

News Comments > etc.

9. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2018, 14:56 warmbluelasers

Retired wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 10:54:
2. every single streamer thinks when they die it is stream sniping or someone is cheating

Only the toxic ones that appeal to angsty tweens. Like Ninja. The ones I watch don't often drop accusations of sniping or cheating and when they do it's rather obvious.

174 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >