Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Citizen P

Real Name Citizen P   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 24, 2010, 00:59
Total Comments 41 (Suspect)
User ID 56091

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

44. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 16:06 Citizen P

I suspect that Disney has their feet over the fire - having totally bungled SWBF2 with their pay-to-win greed. Combined with the fact that Disney has done a great job of tarnishing the Star Wars rep - there probably very little fire burning for this title, with the earlier negative reviews. I can imagine pre-orders are waydown and projections are another failed game. Disney is demanding they get their numbers up, so they are going to Valve to scrap a 15% increase in projections.

Or CJ is really interested in fat men working poles for some reason.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend

10. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend Oct 29, 2019, 15:51 Citizen P

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 15:10:
Can't wait until they announce the monthly "access" fees - which of course will be tiered too.

They have a concierge service that is monthly, might be tiered - I'm not sure. I'll make sure my SC assets are in my will or filed under hubris.

News Comments > More on Gearbox vs. SAG-AFTRA

8. Re: More on Gearbox vs. SAG-AFTRA Oct 4, 2019, 21:10 Citizen P

mxmissile wrote on Oct 4, 2019, 10:17:
Entitlement rears it's ugly head, then goes into full blown SJW mode. Internet 2019.

Thank you for pushing your narrative comment-bot, your free market crumbs are next to the trough by the pig sty.

News Comments > Billion Dollar Borderlands 3

41. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 23, 2019, 17:49 Citizen P

SabreT wrote on Sep 23, 2019, 17:24:
ExGemini wrote on Sep 23, 2019, 16:51:
SabreT wrote on Sep 23, 2019, 10:46:
glad to see the anti-epic store cult boycott went well. lol
Please shit in your hands and slap yourself.

That’s oddly specific… Is that the circle jerk ritual you guys do before climbing on the hate train ?

Which train is that? the irrational hatred for Steam train? The delighting in frustratingly empty friends-list in a game built for co-op train? Or the Fortnite money train buying exclusivity in lieu of having a competing platform train?

Please be specific.

News Comments > Billion Dollar Borderlands 3

34. Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 23, 2019, 16:54 Citizen P

I think the EGS is a bonerparty for everyone that has a hateon for Steam. For gamers, it's annoying because BL3 is unable to benefit from well-aged and developed friend lists.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released

32. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 15:22 Citizen P

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 14:19:
Citizen P wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 13:36:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 13:28:

Why? No one mentions it explicitly when a game is only available on Steam either. Why should EGS be any different?

I would say, because EGS is not engaging in practices that are of any benefit to the consumer and that a conscientious gamer might prefer snubbing them at release and buying a GOTY edition later to dissuade bother developer and publisher from engaging in such practices. So please, dont pretend that the reason this was mentioned by a previous poster was some unusual statement, it is disingenuous.

If some gamers really care that much about "snubbing" then it's on them to do the research which games to snub.

Besides, for the umpteenth time: The anti-consumer decision is always made by the publisher. Only the publisher decides when, where, why, how or even IF a game of theirs gets published. Epic is making them an offer to exclusively put the game on the EGS for 12 months. The publisher can accept this offer or deny it. If they accept it then the decision to limit gamer choice is made by them, not Epic.

Finally, I'd say no PC game review is complete without a short paragraph on DRM, i.e. mentioning which launcher the game requires, whether it is protected by Denuvo yada yada.
However, as for review sites that generally don't do this, I don't see a reason why they should be obliged to make a fuss over the EGS exclusivity. Just so the Steam fanbois can feel all tingly inside? Puuuhlease... grow the fuck up y'all!

So your intention was to be facetious so you could tell everyone else to go fuck themselves for pointing out what an obtuse comment you made - good for you, I suppose. Happy Friday and all that, twat.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released

13. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 13:36 Citizen P

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 13:28:

Why? No one mentions it explicitly when a game is only available on Steam either. Why should EGS be any different?

I would say, because EGS is not engaging in practices that are of any benefit to the consumer and that a conscientious gamer might prefer snubbing them at release and buying a GOTY edition later to dissuade bother developer and publisher from engaging in such practices. So please, dont pretend that the reason this was mentioned by a previous poster was some unusual statement, it is disingenuous.

News Comments > Op Ed

6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 7, 2019, 10:28 Citizen P

Drath71 wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 09:06:

I had to go look up what you mean by the toy story 2 scene. Ridiculous. But if leftists ever get control, get ready for a way of life straight out of George Orwell's nightmares.

Ah yes, that crazy left-wing cabal that runs Disney trying to sneak granola into everything. GTFO you fruitloop.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 0

8. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 0 Jun 11, 2019, 13:19 Citizen P

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 11:39:
Yeah, the audience shills just make it nauseating. If any of those people were actual gamers they'd have all been sitting there in stony silence, arms crossed and looking angry.

I dunno, not so much shills I think - as much as low-rent YouTube streamers that will debase themselves publically for the hope of free swag; they're already doing anything they can for views.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend

27. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 1, 2019, 17:16 Citizen P

jdreyer wrote on May 1, 2019, 14:47:
How is the game at this point? Worth a 53GB download to try out?

If you have unlimited downloading, sure why not? It's pretty and boring. I updated just laat week and did what I did last time: Grabbed my ship and flew to a planet, flew around until I blew up. I noticed that it was running much better than before on my 980ti - but has the appeal of one of those really in-depth flight sims that I don't care for.

News Comments > Anno 1800 Released

6. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 15:38 Citizen P

Rilcon wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 14:50:
You can buy it off Ubi's store, if Epic offends you so. It's not like Ubi games on Steam don't just launch Ubi's launcher on top.

Absolutely, and if this was a day 1 for me, I would do so. As it stands, my interest is subsided because, shady business is shady.

News Comments > Anno 1800 Released

3. Re: Anno 1800 Released Apr 16, 2019, 14:10 Citizen P

I'll wait for the steam sale next year. Also Epic, stick that dirty Forenite money in my pocket and sell it at a discount then I'll buy from your store, not before.  

News Comments > Sunset for RAPE DAY on Steam

5. Re: Sunset for RAPE DAY on Steam Mar 6, 2019, 16:44 Citizen P

NotOneOfUs wrote on Mar 6, 2019, 16:34:
"We then have to make a judgement call about any risk it puts to Valve, our developer partners, or our customers."

Because if someone were to play this game they would die instantly. Or something.

I really hate bullshit talk.

Are you like a post-modern artist? You're calling your own post bullshit at the bottom of your own post?

As said below, a carefully worded statement on a platform that claims to be open, is in fact, prudent?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend

13. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 15:05 Citizen P

The game is like a glossy magazine cover over a collection of badly printed newsprint articles, each with their own flashy insert page. Lots of flash on the outside, and then a constant stream of "gee, if only they did more than sketch this element out. The print looks so good!"  

News Comments > Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested

17. Re: Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested Jan 16, 2018, 13:45 Citizen P

Good point... but the democrats love them some Chinese communism,... so its always possible we could see that added here. its probably a hate crime.

If you use a cheat in a game against someone of a non white race.. is that a hate crime?

You might laugh or scorn this... but... it aint that far fetched as crazy as the left is.

With wonderfully insightful comments like these, I invite you to exclusively post as evil avatar, you'll fit right in.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?

20. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 13:28 Citizen P

I think Valve's opinion on HL has been stated a few times, in as much if the technology allows them to bring about a new experience they would release the game. As I recall the "technology" in HL1 was access to environment audio (Creative Labs EAX, I believe it was?) and some video card features that didn't exist before, and HL2 was released on their new Source engine and include physics gameplay. HL3? Probably existed to a point with 3D - and was decided that wasn't the right path. I'm okay with an unfinished story, at this point it's been so long.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends

36. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 21, 2017, 00:28 Citizen P

I liked DA: I. ME: A was steaming pile dumped on top of a great setting.  

News Comments > Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced

15. Re: Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced Jun 14, 2017, 18:12 Citizen P

I enjoyed the game, it plays as you would expect an Obsidian game to play. Mechanically the game is well-balanced at the beginning and then it becomes much easier, with the caveat that if you micro-manage your combat and run as close to turn-based as you can - you become overpowered very quickly. If you run the game in real-time, or close to it, it's more balanced - and in my opinion more fun.

Storywise I found it interesting, with four or perhaps five discernable endings that you can determine as you play. Cutter's comments are, comical as best.

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources

24. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 17, 2015, 10:38 Citizen P

I'm stuck without a key for my Star Wars Battlefront. I received an e-mail with a confirm for the Oct 19th end of day at the latest and 30% discount coupon. I ordered a month ago, I would be annoyed if I had time off, but, with FO4 - I find myself indifferent.

If I can combine the 30% with other offers, I will be quite pleased.

News Comments > Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Concludes Next Week

2. Re: Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Concludes Next Week Nov 11, 2015, 23:45 Citizen P

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 21:05:
this series worth buying/playing?

I couldn't tell you, even though I own it. The book series isn't done, the TV series isn't done. I couldn't handle the game not done, so I'll wait for this final release and then play,

41 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >