Total Posts
249 (Novice)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

249 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion
Dec 21, 2010, 15:10
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion Dec 21, 2010, 15:10
Dec 21, 2010, 15:10

Black Ops is such a technical and artistic disaster...it is quite sad that such a low quality title can sell so well. Then again, Avatar wasn't exactly a timeless classic, now was it?

But life isn't fair. That's really all we can say about this.

Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Next Week
Dec 10, 2010, 20:13
Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Next Week Dec 10, 2010, 20:13
Dec 10, 2010, 20:13

Wow, that's a hilarious changelog. Basically, they could have just said, "What we fixed: every aspect of the game."

I also think it's funny that this patch numbering is 1.02. Version 1.2 would be much more fitting, or maybe version 1.5 or even 2.0. But I digress.

Anyway, sadly I do frequently encounter game breaking bugs such as the "you stop shooting in VATS and watch as the enemy kills in slo-mo you because you went all Ghandi" bug...and the "gun won't shoot anymore or reload" bug...oh, and the "when crouching and walking you iceskate and teleport across the room" bug...oh, and the "enemy mysterious teleports right behind you even though you were just shooting him 5 feet in front of you" bug. Then of course there's the hang on exit bug that requires end-tasking, but that also occurred in Fallout3 and rarely in Oblivion.

But despite all that, the game is very good. Here's hoping my above bugs got fixed...wish those fools knew how to put out an accurate change log instead of just saying "game fixed" because it appears our definitions of "fixed" vary quite a bit…

Re: Quote of the Day
Nov 8, 2010, 16:31
Re: Quote of the Day Nov 8, 2010, 16:31
Nov 8, 2010, 16:31

spindoctor wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 23:13:
Brumbek wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 17:31:
And I’ll be glad because I hope it fails.
Yes, let's hope the biggest PC exclusive game in quite some time fails, so that Bioware can then focus on making other games. But of course, then you people will be absolutely mystified and perplexed when you realize their other games not PC centric at all, and you will sit and wonder why they 'betrayed' you and went over to making console ports.
Right...so we should buy games we despise just to "support" the PC? LOL NO! I said I want them to make SP RPGs for PC, not MMOs.
Sepharo wrote on Nov 6, 2010, 00:39:
Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 23:38:
I don't hope it fails; I expect it to. Either way, I don't care - MMO's suck. I'd rather play a console port than an MMO. KotOR was a console port and I loved it.
Clearly your unwillingness to buy games you don't want is killing the PC industry.
Well said Sapharo! Finally someone who uses sarcasm extremely effectively to make a point! Yes, I demand you all buy games you hate because it's in your own interest! (Also sarcasm!!!)

And Prez, I agree, I'd totally rather play a badly ported console game, than an MMO. My hatred is just that strong for MMOs.
TheDrifter73 wrote on Nov 6, 2010, 00:39:
If you were really that confident in your prediction, wouldn't you bet your own life rather than the lives of others?
Betting the life of someone else gives you nothing to lose if you're wrong, where as betting your own does.
Right, I was employing the technique known as humor. See, it's funny because although I appear very confident, I'm only willing to bet your lives. See, so it's funny that way...get it? I suggest you try humor sometime, it might be fun(ny) to try it??

Re: Quote of the Day
Nov 5, 2010, 17:31
Re: Quote of the Day Nov 5, 2010, 17:31
Nov 5, 2010, 17:31

I despise MMOs. I love single player RPGs. KotoR claims it’s both. It lies. I firmly believe MMOs by nature cannot be epic or immersive like a SP RPG. Will KotoR shatter my strongly held belief? No. I’m willing to bet all of your lives on it.

So my prediction? It will sell well due to hype, names, and marketing, but it will be just as average and tedious as other MMOs, fail to build momentum, and in a year it will just another insignificant MMO.

And I’ll be glad because I hope it fails. Why? Because BioWare could have created several full length KoToR SP games for the same price, so I want them to learn a big lesson (keep dreaming, I know…).

Re: Relic on GFWL and Steamworks
Nov 4, 2010, 14:55
Re: Relic on GFWL and Steamworks Nov 4, 2010, 14:55
Nov 4, 2010, 14:55

Overon wrote on Nov 4, 2010, 14:39:
If you are Microsoft you don't have to make your stuff better than steam, you can just pay your way to get developers to use your GFWL that so many hardcore gamers detest.
Exactly right! And the fact that this Bilson guy would even still consider the inferior GFWL is really frustrating. I seem to think game dev's should do what's best for gamers, crazy idea I know...

Re: Bethesda Passed on Fallout MMOG Rights
Oct 22, 2010, 19:30
Re: Bethesda Passed on Fallout MMOG Rights Oct 22, 2010, 19:30
Oct 22, 2010, 19:30

kxmode wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 18:50:
Speaking strictly from a WOW perspective:
Point taken, I appreciate your perspective and admit your experience sounds very enjoyable! And WoW is definitely the strongest of all MMOs in this regard. Blizzard are very talented at crafting characters and lore, and I commend them for that...

But! I'd guess the main reason you enjoyed taking down the Lich King was precisely because of how you helped him in the Warcraft 3 single player campaign. If that had taken place in the WoW framework, it would have been a much less emotionally compelling story arc, IMO (speculation naturally).

Moreover, I notice your other two references are to Warcraft books. Books are the ultimate in story/characters/lore immersion. So when you witnessed the WoW versions of said elements, you had a tremendous extra-game knowledge. I would argue that knowledge is what made the events meaningful. If you hadn't read the books, the strictly WoW experience would have been fun but not very deep and not nearly as well presented as say, a Witcher or Dragon Age version of the same events.

And to me it is very telling when I have to read books or read the official WoW webpage or wiki to learn the lore and story of a game...it occurs to me that good storytelling in games is built within the game...right? When did we start accepting that we only get the full story from extra-game sources? (When MMOs started, that's when...)

But don't get me wrong, I do envy you sort of. I love the Warcraft lore and I really wanted to play WoW for the main story experience. But all three times I've attempted it I've gotten frustrated about 4-5 hours in after completing my 30th fetch quest where I have to walk across the entire map at a snail's pace only to accidentally "aggro" one to many enemies and get killed even though on-screen I'm running away and am many yards away from the enemy.

At this point I rage quit and curse Blizzard for making an MMO. (And wish there was an invincibility cheat Blizzard would implement for players like me, seriously, I'd pay to play if I could just ignore all enemies and experience the story!) (Man, that's a really good idea, methinks...let me be alone and invincible or remove all enemies, give people like me our own servers even.)

How anyone has the patience/discipline/work ethic to get a level 80 character is truly beyond me...

But I digress...your post seems to confirm what I initially said. The actual game of WoW is quite weak on story and characters and must rely on prior games and books and such, IMO. (But again, Blizzard does the best job they can with the MMO format...I view this whole issue as a fundamental flaw (or more nicely put, design decision) of MMOs.)

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2010, 19:40.

Re: Bethesda Passed on Fallout MMOG Rights
Oct 22, 2010, 18:23
Re: Bethesda Passed on Fallout MMOG Rights Oct 22, 2010, 18:23
Oct 22, 2010, 18:23

The Advocate wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 15:21:
ALL MMOs suck. ALL of them. They're all grind, extermination and Fedex quests. Booooooooooring. Not one of them is deep, not one of them holds even the dimmest candle to a solid single player RPG.
I completely agree with you. I've tried many times to enjoy MMOs but I quit after about 5 hours because they are so incredibly boring and feel dead to me. They strike me as big and heartless worlds.

Basically, they can never be as carefully crafted and immersive as a well-made single player RPG, as you say.

Moreover, I've never had any MMO players honestly say they enjoy the game for the game itself. They always talk about the social aspects and even though it's a grind for the first 100 hours, it gets better at max level, blah blah blah. Sort of reminds me of smokers or heroin addicts where they know it's a bad thing but just can't/won't stop.

I'd challenge any MMO addict, to tell me what story/quest/characters can match a solid SP RPG.

Re: Dragon Age II Signature Edition
Oct 15, 2010, 16:26
Re: Dragon Age II Signature Edition Oct 15, 2010, 16:26
Oct 15, 2010, 16:26

Day by day I get more disturbed by BioWare as they continue to shift from old school design that says you put everything you have into a title to this new "withhold content to sell piece by piece" mentality. So I have to pay 4 months in advance to get an armory to store weapons? Um, what? I blame EA more than BioWare though...

And actually, I'd rather they remove all modding capability than do the half-hearted and frustrating modding support they did for DA:O...

And btw, anyone who thinks removing the Mako from ME was a good idea is mad. Exploring planets on your own was one of the greatest parts of ME1, I mean what is a space RPG without exploration!?...ME2 was yet another example of dumbing things down which resulted in things being, well, dumb (I'm looking at you mining "game"!).

Re: Gearbox to Valve & MS:
Oct 10, 2010, 16:55
Re: Gearbox to Valve & MS: Oct 10, 2010, 16:55
Oct 10, 2010, 16:55

Well said! GFWL is a joke. The silly Gearbox employee is just trying to make a backhanded insult at Steam like Pitchford did a while back. Steam is awesome and is the best thing to ever happen to PC gaming.
249 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older