Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 419 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
87. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 18:37 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:29:
Of all the anti-CIG posts and pro-CIG posts...yet Blue decides to call out this one guy today when what he said was harmless.

Oh relax - he was just poking fun at his blanket statement.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

77. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 17:43 AngelicPenguin

Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 17:38:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 13:44:
The comments feel like they have come full circle.

That first guy posted about how no one can claim that the game is a fraud, while I would argue that complaints that the whole game is smoke and mirrors and cannot possibly be done sort of implies that the game is a fraud.

There's a difference between healthy skepticism and just plain disingenuous slander. I do not believe that this game will be the Holy Grail of gaming, there will certainly be compromises made in certain areas, but that doesn't make it anymore of a fraud than any other game.

The things people here are calling "smoke and mirrors" is the same way that all other companies have showcased their products in development. It's how marketing works. They're not going to show anything until it's in a state that is at least semi-presentable. In a lot of ways we've seen more of the game here than we have for many other AAA games that have been in development for the same time, or even longer.

Ya, I feel for some folks if this game was in a closed development until it was close to release it might be easier to deal with. Other people really like to see the Work in Progress, however, so you can't really please everyone.

Like I said earlier, though, personally I'll just check it out when it's released. Not really worried about it much beyond that other than the fact that they make some pretty videos and it gets people all worked up so it's got some entertainment value there.

48. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 13:44 AngelicPenguin

The comments feel like they have come full circle.

That first guy posted about how no one can claim that the game is a fraud, while I would argue that complaints that the whole game is smoke and mirrors and cannot possibly be done sort of implies that the game is a fraud.

My really complicated approach to this game - game is released, I check reviews. Like X-Rebirth? Skip, same or better than Elite Dangerous? Probably buy.

Everything else is just armchair CEO/Game Developer territory. Fun to read, though - THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
72. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 15:02 AngelicPenguin

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 14:57:
Whatever it was, it was WAY too much spent on the voice actors when there are a ton of out of work actors who would do just as good a job for a lot less money.

Playing devil's advocate (and I have no clue how this sort of thing works in practice), I would assume they hire actors you recognize so they can be in the commercials and sell more games and therefore they make up for their cost in sales.

I haven't played a CoD game in years, and I thought a bit about getting the new one because Kevin Spacey looked cool in the commercial.

Why else would you do it?

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
45. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 13:20 AngelicPenguin

Tumbler wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 13:00:
That is what Richard Pryor would pay in Brewster's Millions.

Gold!

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
236. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 13, 2015, 13:07 AngelicPenguin

Flatline wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 12:04:
The idea that "star wars is cool" doesn't work doesn't understand the origins of Star Wars ship combat. It was based on WW2 dogfighting. And that *is* fun. It's been fun for 20+ years. And the memory and idea of it was still fun when I backed SC when it was claiming to be a slightly more advanced WW2 style flight control model.

Agreed - this is all I really want to play. A really nice looking modern version of Freespace 2. That had the epic space battles that I really enjoy.

The thing is - that doesn't seem particularly hard and with what I've seen from the videos it looks like they could make that game with what they have now.

So I'm honestly not sure what a lot of the doom and gloom is about, at least for those that just want a really good single player game.

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
200. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 16:57 AngelicPenguin

Just wanted to have post #200  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released
13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 7, 2015, 14:17 AngelicPenguin

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 02:32:
Game of the year...ahahahah, why not call it game of the century edition, of the millenium, of the Galaxy edition.....Ahahahahh.

Going out on a limb - because it was the game of the year on some lists?

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
24. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 18:39 AngelicPenguin

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 14:40:
Cutter wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 13:10:
ARK is better.

Edit: ARK is also on sale on Steam right now.

OK I'll feed the troll. You cannot say an early access unfinished game is better than a game that you haven't even tried. Well you can say it but it isn't based on anything other than trolling for a reaction.

Ark is a POS. Tried it, wanted to like it , but crap is crap. The only positive that might be said is you are paying for early access so there is a possibility it may be good one day.

I just read his posts in a Homer Simpson voice and it all makes a lot more sense.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
137. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 23:56 AngelicPenguin

It's just supply and demand - they wouldn't put these ships out there if nobody bought them.

Big deal - some rich folks want to spend money on a game.

News Comments > Diablo III Bonus Weekend
18. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 18:30 AngelicPenguin

6 Piece Arachyr + Manajuma's is insanely fast for bounties.  

News Comments > Diablo III Bonus Weekend
17. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 18:25 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 13:33:
Uhh it's not daily. Not that ypu can see this because you have me ignored. Do each one labelled Bonus and the next one will now be the Bonus. So on and so forth. If you are doing it right you should get 10 caches per run. With the bonus it will be 20.

8? I thought max cache drops was 4 at T7, then with bonus cache it's another 4. Did they change that?

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
31. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 11:42 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 10:14:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 00:09:
I've changed my mind on this game after completing the into and the first mission.

I absolutely f'ing hate the inability to map my keys as I see fit.

Go download AutoHot Key. you can then remap your keys by a script that you run for the game. best thing ever!!

Totally. Autohotkey can fix pretty much any game that inexplicably locks you out of binding certain keys (cough Witcher 2 cough)

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Preview
14. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Preview Aug 12, 2015, 18:42 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 16:29:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 14:30:
Krovven wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 23:22:

but also saved gear for the Nat Strafe build to put on my other 3rd DH in non-season.

I was skeptical about Nat's because I was never much of a strafe fan before, but it is a really elegant build and my favorite DH build so far (including pre-ROS.)

How'd you like the pure DMO build? I'd heard the damage was weak, so I've actually never ran that with the full 6 pieces and always combined it with Tal Rasha. Sorta itching to try Frozen Orb since using it when leveling the other day.

It was ok. I quickly got to rank 39 or so. It's what I spent most of my time at the start of the season building up to. It just hurts my hand quickly after several intense Grifts, so I didn't find it fun to push.

My main problem across all my current seasonal toons is not getting good weapons. I'm using the Ancient Slow Time weapon (I actually have 3 of them) vs my non-ancient non-Gift Serpent wand and a non-ancient Calamity of my DH.

Since Area Damage is supposed to be working with multipliers, you'd think DMO6 with Ranslor's could be a serious contender. Here's hoping.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Preview
12. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Preview Aug 12, 2015, 14:30 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 23:22:

but also saved gear for the Nat Strafe build to put on my other 3rd DH in non-season.

I was skeptical about Nat's because I was never much of a strafe fan before, but it is a really elegant build and my favorite DH build so far (including pre-ROS.)

How'd you like the pure DMO build? I'd heard the damage was weak, so I've actually never ran that with the full 6 pieces and always combined it with Tal Rasha. Sorta itching to try Frozen Orb since using it when leveling the other day.

News Comments > Blizzard Diablo Job Posting
37. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Aug 11, 2015, 12:21 AngelicPenguin

shihonage wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 01:24:

Attributing critical discernment to emotional nostalgia is the refuge of the ignorant. Diablo3 is fundamentally broken. The damage/weapon/spell systems are too homogenous. The levels are homogenous because they are just big blocks placed with slight randomization, instead of true random dungeons of Diablo1 and 2.

...rambling truncated...

Shame.

Can't even see you clearly you are so high up on that horse.

Diablo 3 is a blast to actually PLAY and to many that's the most important thing. Sorry it doesn't fit your definition of Diablo, but there are lots of other ARPGs out there for you.

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
5. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 7, 2015, 18:56 AngelicPenguin

Task wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 18:47:
Looks like it held up fine for an alpha. Looks awesome.

Ya, call me impressed.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer
9. Re: Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 16:44 AngelicPenguin

Cutter wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 15:33:
No, the combat isn't great. It's just training the gamer on how to beat a specific boss instead of it being reactive. After a few hours with DS I quickly became bored when I learned how the game worked. It's got great ambiance I'll give you that. Coming across new mobs for the first time is some freaky shit, but you get over it fast.

I can't think of a game with better sword combat. Maybe Mount and Blade, but I prefer Dark Souls.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer
8. Re: Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 16:43 AngelicPenguin

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 15:21:
These games are great for combat and gameplay..

But they fucking suck with story.. This whole "leave purposeful gaps in the plot for the audience to come up with their own idea" is fucking dumb.

Since they have the whole system pretty ironed out already, they should really fire their director and start implementing a better story system.

When games have really great gameplay, I'd generally prefer the story take a backseat. It's pretty rare to me that a game's story is anything I take much notice in as they usually do a far worse job than a good movie or book.

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
20. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 29, 2015, 00:03 AngelicPenguin

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 23:29:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:43:
the removal of grift trials,

What? Why the hell are they getting rid of the trials???

Not sure if joking - but in case not, Trials are tedious and offer no reward.

419 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo