Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 415 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
41. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 11:37 AngelicPenguin

ShakyJake wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 05:25:
This game has been a nightmare as a left-handed person. Many keys over on the right-hand side of the board are not allowable to be bound to keys, and even when you ARE able to rebind basic keys elsewhere all the menus still require the old keys. What the hell? I've spent a good part of last night and today messing around with keyboard editors that allow me to bypass the problem by changing keys over on the numpad to read as asdf, etc. Very frustrating, and I don't know how it got to release without anyone caring about us lefties.

As a leftie myself, I've long been using AutoHotkey. Fixes all these sorts of issues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
79. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 7, 2015, 21:22 AngelicPenguin

Slick wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 22:39:
apologize more noobs. you fuckers are the reason we're in 2015 and we still don't have molecular physics in every title, we don't have performance-captured animations in every game, and why the AI count is still abysmal. where are the gleaming cities of the future we were promised? because you keep buying the same old garbage, then apologize for them when they purposefully avoid any forward progress. fuck you.

Wow, you are annoying. Just thought I'd point that out.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans
8. Re: Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans Nov 7, 2015, 21:16 AngelicPenguin

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 20:50:
Meh... they are pushing this Seasons nonsense so hard,

I dunno I got the opposite reaction from this patch. They are removing seasonal only legendary items which was one of the huge draws of season.

News Comments > Hearthstone Co-op Tavern Brawl
5. Re: Hearthstone Co-op Tavern Brawl Nov 6, 2015, 11:13 AngelicPenguin

It's pretty epic.

It almost requires pretty good coordination, though, and if your teammate doesn't understand how to beat the boss, you're almost certainly doomed.

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
10. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 10:44 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 09:40:
nin wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 09:38:
Pulling a microsoft, eh?

It wont be much longer now. Ill bet they even get to the point of reducing their server count down to half.

The might is finally falling. and Blizz has nothing waiting in its wings to take its place.

Blizz is to concentrated on trying to compete with LOL that they are missing the boat.

<cough>
http://gamerant.com/heartstone-profit-monthly-900/
</cough>

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2015, 17:27 AngelicPenguin

fujiJuice wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 15:04:
Having bought an Xbox One quite literally days ago, I find the interface to be extremely confusing and the opposite of intuitive.

Ya I bought one not long ago as well and I found the grid just weird. Main screen shows the stuff you use a lot, left is your pinned stuff (and figuring how to pin something was confusing as well), and as far as I can tell the right two screens are just garbage ads, store, friends stuff that I never use.

Sort of feel like anything would be an improvement, although I do like how easy it is to go split with the TV.

News Comments > Torment Next Year
23. Re: Torment Next Year Nov 3, 2015, 11:01 AngelicPenguin

The only thing I am absolutely certain of is neither CJ Parker or Cutter work in the software industry.

When you miss your estimates, it's not because you were lying. It's just very hard to estimate a project with a huge scope accurately.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
72. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 27, 2015, 15:07 AngelicPenguin

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 14:07:
Of course it is a big fat lie.

You seem very passionate about this, and again I haven't followed this much.

BUT - the reasonable analogy that I make is that I told a client I will build them a new room in their house for $5,000. If I get $10,000 I can build that room in half the time. The client then gives me $100,000 and says to build a completely new wing. The clear assumption there is that the new wing isn't going to get built in the same time frame as the original $10,000 room.

No?

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
70. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 27, 2015, 12:35 AngelicPenguin

Kosumo wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 01:13:

While I don't think these where 'promises', I do still think they are just some of the very many times that Chris Roberts as out right lied to the backers.

Chris Roberts is a deceptive, scummy man.

I have little opinion of this game one way or the other and even I think referring to delays in a game's development as "lies" is a serious stretch. Especially when I do development for a living.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches
25. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 16:33 AngelicPenguin

El Pit wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 13:43:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 13:00:
Gaming Law:
If you buy early, expect to pay more. If you wait, expect to pay less.

I know! But pay less does not mean get it for free. Then again, I could agree if they gave the base game for free as long as they would in a way honor the support of those who paid for the game that they're giving away for free by offering their loyal player base a rebate on the expansion. But the veterans get NOTHING, the newbies get a complete free game. And this is plain WRONG. Oh my, whatever. Won't look back and have plenty of other games to play. ArenaNet is now on my shit list - no more money from me. That's the only message they understand. I can wait till they offer the expansion for free.

I don't know much about GW2, but if the game doesn't have a subscription, why would they have to thank you for anything? You paid for a game, and got a game - isn't that all there is to it?

If you had been paying a monthly subscription, then I sort of get it, but with the way the game is now, it doesn't make any sense to me.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Opens Esports Division
7. Re: Activision Blizzard Opens Esports Division Oct 22, 2015, 12:35 AngelicPenguin

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 12:33:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 12:08:
On the current Diablo 3 patches or the expansion? Because you guys realize they are working on another expansion for the game.

With only one panel, I doubt we'll see much, if any, of an expansion announcement. They'll likely go over 2.3, preview 2.4, and then they might get enough time to say Necromancer before running off stage.

I just mean that they most certainly have more than 5 people working on the expansion.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Opens Esports Division
5. Re: Activision Blizzard Opens Esports Division Oct 22, 2015, 12:08 AngelicPenguin

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 12:03:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 11:22:
There are probably like 5 people left working on Diablo 3 patches.

I think you're being far too generous with 5. They only have one panel for Diablo 3 at Blizzcon whereas every other title has two or more and it's probably just going to be two people jerking each other off about 2.3 for an hour.

On the current Diablo 3 patches or the expansion? Because you guys realize they are working on another expansion for the game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2015, 14:23 AngelicPenguin

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 14:01:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 13:32:
Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 12:32:
I'll never understand the hoopla around those films. The first and second one were just OK, the third one was terrible. The only 2 funny scenes in both films were the Marvin Berry thing, and Lea Thompson with the fake cans. I don't know. I suppose I'm just not dumb enough to enjoy tripe like the masses do.

Everybody has their own opinions on what they enjoy. It does take a special someone, though, to think everyone else's opinion is tripe. Congratulations on being that guy.

It doesn't take a good actor to recognize a bad one either. That applies to everything of quality in life. And just because you and the rest of the masses are easily amused doesn't make it good. In fact it's quite generally the opposite in spite of your believing you and your ilk are cultural sophisticates. Congratulations on being just another one of the multitudes of those guys.

As I read all your posts in a Homer Simpson voice, I have to say "cultural sophisticates" was pretty amusing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2015, 13:32 AngelicPenguin

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 12:32:
I'll never understand the hoopla around those films. The first and second one were just OK, the third one was terrible. The only 2 funny scenes in both films were the Marvin Berry thing, and Lea Thompson with the fake cans. I don't know. I suppose I'm just not dumb enough to enjoy tripe like the masses do.

Everybody has their own opinions on what they enjoy. It does take a special someone, though, to think everyone else's opinion is tripe. Congratulations on being that guy.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
117. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 20, 2015, 10:56 AngelicPenguin

Kosumo wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 04:35:
the stringing along of people to buy another ship (jpeg)) this just makes me feel very unease about this way of making games.

To be honest, this is a complaint I don't really get. If I was making Super Mario Sisters 9, and some greasy nerds told me they would pay $400 so they could play as Peach's brother Broccoli Bob, I would damn well sell them Broccoli Bob and continue making my game with said money.

For people who do not drop that kind of money into a game under development, you aren't GLAD someone else is willing to fund the game?

Maybe I'm the weird one, but if Star Citizen announced tomorrow that you could buy some random ship for $10k and people started eating it up and buying them, all I would think is more money for the game. I mean it's their money, do whatever you want with it.

90. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 19:23 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 19:16:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:37:
Krovven wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:29:
Of all the anti-CIG posts and pro-CIG posts...yet Blue decides to call out this one guy today when what he said was harmless.

Oh relax - he was just poking fun at his blanket statement.

It was no different from the many other posts making the same claim from either side. nin even followed it up making the exact same counter post. But he is Blues butt buddy, so I wouldn't expect Blue to comment on that post.

Ya, but you said what the fellow said was harmless. I took Blue's response as equally harmless - that's all I'm saying.

87. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 18:37 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:29:
Of all the anti-CIG posts and pro-CIG posts...yet Blue decides to call out this one guy today when what he said was harmless.

Oh relax - he was just poking fun at his blanket statement.

77. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 17:43 AngelicPenguin

Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 17:38:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 13:44:
The comments feel like they have come full circle.

That first guy posted about how no one can claim that the game is a fraud, while I would argue that complaints that the whole game is smoke and mirrors and cannot possibly be done sort of implies that the game is a fraud.

There's a difference between healthy skepticism and just plain disingenuous slander. I do not believe that this game will be the Holy Grail of gaming, there will certainly be compromises made in certain areas, but that doesn't make it anymore of a fraud than any other game.

The things people here are calling "smoke and mirrors" is the same way that all other companies have showcased their products in development. It's how marketing works. They're not going to show anything until it's in a state that is at least semi-presentable. In a lot of ways we've seen more of the game here than we have for many other AAA games that have been in development for the same time, or even longer.

Ya, I feel for some folks if this game was in a closed development until it was close to release it might be easier to deal with. Other people really like to see the Work in Progress, however, so you can't really please everyone.

Like I said earlier, though, personally I'll just check it out when it's released. Not really worried about it much beyond that other than the fact that they make some pretty videos and it gets people all worked up so it's got some entertainment value there.

48. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 13:44 AngelicPenguin

The comments feel like they have come full circle.

That first guy posted about how no one can claim that the game is a fraud, while I would argue that complaints that the whole game is smoke and mirrors and cannot possibly be done sort of implies that the game is a fraud.

My really complicated approach to this game - game is released, I check reviews. Like X-Rebirth? Skip, same or better than Elite Dangerous? Probably buy.

Everything else is just armchair CEO/Game Developer territory. Fun to read, though - THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
72. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 15:02 AngelicPenguin

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 14:57:
Whatever it was, it was WAY too much spent on the voice actors when there are a ton of out of work actors who would do just as good a job for a lot less money.

Playing devil's advocate (and I have no clue how this sort of thing works in practice), I would assume they hire actors you recognize so they can be in the commercials and sell more games and therefore they make up for their cost in sales.

I haven't played a CoD game in years, and I thought a bit about getting the new one because Kevin Spacey looked cool in the commercial.

Why else would you do it?

415 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo