Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 437 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
20. Re: Game Reviews May 25, 2017, 01:43 AngelicPenguin

While I can appreciate your passion for the original game, I barely remember it. I do remember System Shock 1 and 2 and Bioshock vividly.

So in my humble opinion, I'm happy that copied more memorable games. I can see your point that they used the IP just for the name, but I'm happy the game turned out so well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
50. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 17:39 AngelicPenguin

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 19:40:
Oh, I forgot they saved the best joke of their retarded post for the final paragraph...

And as always, you all play an important role in that. We want to hear from you about your experiences, both what you love about the game and what you’d like to see changed. We’re listening, and we’re committed to partnering with you as we continue to explore the Andromeda galaxy together.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Right. Is that why them fuckers shut down the BSN forums because they oh so loooove to listen to what people think? Where do they think people are s'posed ta leave their feedback? On fucking Facebook? Or Twitter with its retarded character limit where you can't even begin to describe 0.0001% of the shittiness of this abortion?

LULZ. First the game's a complete shallow, casual, dumb as shit clusterfuck and now they are trying to put out the fires with gasoline. Good job, EA. Rock on.

I dunno man - if you give feedback on a forum and you talk like this, no wonder they would ignore it.

News Comments > Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items
8. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 17, 2017, 22:57 AngelicPenguin

descender wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 15:20:
I'm surprised they update it at all any more.

Why? You guys really believe that just because you don't like it that no one else plays it? At the very least tens of thousands of people are still playing D3 just based on the number of open games available and that's only a fraction of the total number of games being played.

Another free patch and content update 5 years after the release? Yeah... is there some reason not to be happy about that? I can't think of any game I've every purchased where I wouldn't be happy about that sort of an update. Explain to me how adding rare drops to a game based on random drops is a bad thing?

What's clear is that after 5 years you guys have finally run out of reasonable things to complain about. The game still exists and gets updates?! Preposterous!

Thank god you still check in on every D3 thread to let us know you still don't like it. We were all on the edge of our seats wondering if this was going to be the patch that finally changed your mind. /s Rolleyes

I probably worded that poorly. What I meant to say was more that I'm amazed a company still supports a game 3 years after an expansion. They're not going to get any more revenue from the game until they release the Necromancer pack.

I think Blizzard has given it mind boggling amounts of support.

And I actually love(d) that game - I played so much I finally just had to quit it cold turkey. When I saw they are finally releasing the ability to change sets it's taking everything not to fire it back up again.

Probably need to stay away from those Rhyker (sic?) videos.

News Comments > Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items
2. Re: Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items Mar 17, 2017, 15:14 AngelicPenguin

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 14:24:
Then, when you get sick of Primal Ancients, we will release Exotic Primal Ancients, with even bigger numbers, and 0.1% chance of the Primals to drop! Aren't you thankful!?

It's so embarrassingly clear they have their fourth or fifth stringers on the Diablo team at this point.

Didn't the expansion come out like 3 years ago? I'm surprised they update it at all any more.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
44. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 19:14 AngelicPenguin

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 19:09:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 18:44:
Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:53:
where is that key on the keyboard? if it was there i would have used it..
So, you were criticizing someone for getting something wrong, and when correcting them you knowingly were also wrong? With logic like that I am going to guess you work in corporate management...

To everyone, wala/walla is a saying I will not accept I got it wrong, it was right. There are plenty of words that could be used in its place though. Comprende?

Sorry I'm not jumping on you, but I had never heard the phrase "walla" used before so I hit google and thought the first result was pretty funny:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=walla

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews
21. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 9, 2017, 14:33 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 11:49:
sauron wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 10:48:
Wow, if I had bought a 1080, I would be pretty annoyed by this. The Ti seems to replace that card since it is significantly faster and a similar price? Or am I getting my facts wrong?

Why? I own a 1080 and I have no need for this currently. I don't game at 4k and its been driving my setup fine for almost a year. I don't begrudge them putting out a newer iteration, I'm used to the inevitable march of progress. Something newer is always around the corner, you have to buy for your current needs.

My thoughts exactly. I owned a 980, skipped the 980TI, got a 1080, will probably skip this and get whatever is next.

News Comments > New Overwatch Hero Revealed
7. Re: New Overwatch Hero Revealed Mar 2, 2017, 23:52 AngelicPenguin

Jeez - didn't mean for it to get that rough.

Just thought it was funny he criticized the game for something it literally just won an award for.

News Comments > New Overwatch Hero Revealed
4. Re: New Overwatch Hero Revealed Mar 2, 2017, 18:55 AngelicPenguin

Luke wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 17:54:
designed by an 11-year-old ..for the 11 year old players .......

Funny that a few posts below this one from the Game Developers awards:

Best Design
Overwatch (Blizzard Entertainment)

But hey Luke doesn't like it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 24, 2017, 16:43 AngelicPenguin

Rigs wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 11:28:
No lie, it takes 8 minutes for that 'The Story Of The $10,000 Worth Of Missing Super Nintendo Games Has A Happy Ending' article to load on my connection. God I miss the good ol' text days...

=-Rigs-=

If you waited 8 minutes to read it, you are one patient dude.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2017, 12:38 AngelicPenguin

Have you seen the Internet? It's a disaster. We will now have the best internet. People keep asking me about the internet, and now it will be great again.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2017, 14:06 AngelicPenguin

Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 23:09:
This is what I'm talking about. This is not a discussion. This is a personal attack on my faith and beliefs and has nothing to do with the bible or Christianity. That's why I was saying perhaps the best path forward is for us all not to discuss religion AND politics on a video game site. You wouldn't do it at the table during Thanksgiving (or maybe you would I don't know) I only think it would be good for everyone. So say we all?!

Context, friend. Something politically polarizing JUST HAPPENED. It's on everybody's mind. If it starts raining frogs or fire tomorrow, I'm sure everybody will be discussing religion (or meteorology.)

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 16:00 AngelicPenguin

El Pit wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 14:24:
Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Hm... Well... Alright.

Darn it - so much for calling Return of the Jedi "Jedi"

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2017, 13:27 AngelicPenguin

Friday the 13th seems pretty appropriate considering what's coming next Friday.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera
22. Re: Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera Jan 12, 2017, 16:16 AngelicPenguin

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 11:50:
IF my physical Torment CE ever gets here

Why would you buy the CE? Don't you hate, like, EVERYTHING?

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 12, 2017, 15:15 AngelicPenguin

I thought the "review" seemed really goofy.

"How did THIS get rave reviews?!"

Well, for starters, you didn't play it back when it was released.

I never played it, but it seemed pretty silly to stomp over some old game other people liked at the time.

News Comments > More Overwatch Roadhog Changes
11. Re: More Overwatch Roadhog Changes Jan 11, 2017, 15:52 AngelicPenguin

Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 10:29:
Ah yes, the usual Blizzard Nerf Hammer has struck again. Let's not adjust something a little bit downwards, let's just make it completely utterly useless, then adjust it back up when the cries of outrage become too overwhelming.

It's really become a concept by now. Many games employ the Blizzard Nerf Hammer method of "balancing."

I guess I don't see anything wrong with making drastic changes on the PTR as long as they listen to feedback, which it seems like they are doing.

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
45. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 17:32 AngelicPenguin

Slashman wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 13:52:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 13:39:
Even if you do have a gaming PC, if you haven't upgraded to a GTX 1080, this might be for you.

It wouldn't be able to do VR though. Too much latency.

I have a GTX 960 and I play Witcher 3 with almost everything up to max, so why the hell would I buy a GTX 1080 in the first place? I have no interest in 4k gaming and I sure as hell have zero interest in paying to stream my games from someone else's high end system. Midrange graphics cards do just fine for about 99% of the games out there. For everything else, it'll get optimized by patching.

Personally, it's for high refresh rate monitors. Games just feel much smoother at 100+ fps on those monitors which requires a pretty solid GPU for many modern games.

Obviously in the context of streaming a game, running at that frame rate would never happen, but just saying one of my main reasons for wanting a high end video card.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month
9. Re: Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month Dec 5, 2016, 01:13 AngelicPenguin

McJammiepants wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 18:41:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 17:48:
McJammiepants wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 13:43:
This game looks like an incredible experience I'll nope out of after 45 minutes. Life is currently full of enough anxiety, without the need for supplemental, pant-shitting, terror.

Too bad...I'd love to play it.

When you grow up and become an adult, you will learn the difference between fiction and reality. Just a few more years. Hang in there, li'l buddy...

Wow, what an unnecessary, sophomoric and condescending remark. What underlying issues are you displacing here?

If you click his name you can see his post history. You'll quickly notice a pattern.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 30, 2016, 15:39 AngelicPenguin

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 14:27:
- Bind on Equip legendaries (see first point for synnergy)

Didn't that come long after launch, when they chucked the auction house? I thought that was right before the expansion launched.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 14:22 AngelicPenguin

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 13:24:
Nice try to shift

Says the guy talking about a Clinton scandal in an article about Trump.

437 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo