Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 415 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher III Game of the Year Edition Confirmed
11. Re: The Witcher III Game of the Year Edition Confirmed Aug 12, 2016, 12:52 AngelicPenguin

Creston wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 19:32:
It's definitely in my top 5, perhaps even top 3 games of all time. I think I will rank it as the #1 RPG of all time.

Only thing I will warn against, is that the main game plus both DLCs is an absolutely monstrous amount of content, and if you try to do it all in one go, you may get bored of it just as you're hitting your stride in Blood & Wine. And Blood & Wine is so awesome, you need to try to keep yourself from getting a little "meh" in it, so maybe play through the main game, take a few weeks break, then do both DLCs.

That said, this game is worth every accolade and all the monies.

Wow such high praise. Real life intervened so I never got a chance to buy it, but I really enjoyed Witcher 2. Guess it's going to be a good fall.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Remastered Trailer
17. Re: BioShock Remastered Trailer Aug 10, 2016, 11:19 AngelicPenguin

Guess my memory is fading as that trailer basically looks like how I remembered Bioshock looking.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players
26. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 15:15 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 00:32:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 23:00:
Have absolutely no desire to play Overwatch and Hearthstone. Nor Diablo (do not like the subject matter). Nor Heroes of the Storm (it bores me). And my WOW sub is pretty much coming to an end. Don't care for Legion (it's more of the same). I have the complete StarCraft 2 game that I can barely bring myself to play (I find it boring).

I guess what I'm saying is Blizzard no longer makes games that appeal to me.

I feel the same way, but try telling that to the 15 million other idiots who drank Blizzs Cool aid.

So Dark and edgy.

News Comments > Marvel Ultimate Alliance Ports Criticized
15. Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance Ports Criticized Jul 27, 2016, 15:20 AngelicPenguin

I've long used AutoHotkey for these sort of issues. Just like how Witcher 2 bizarrely wouldn't let you re-map certain keys.

That program truly is a god send.

News Comments > Overwatch Balance Changes
6. Re: Overwatch Balance Changes Jul 26, 2016, 23:27 AngelicPenguin

born2expire wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 19:49:
whiners. Screw this game.

I find your post ironic.

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
72. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 14:55 AngelicPenguin

007Bistromath wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 14:45:
Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 14:37:
But that does absolutely nothing to discount the irony that the most secure platforms to have a clean competitive match today is on fucking consoles.
Maybe people should wise up a little and stop trying to have serious competitive scenes online. Serious mode used to mean a LAN party. Pretty hard to get away with this shit if a guy can watch over your shoulder.

Well we might get a Clinton president and the Smashing Pumpkins are still together, so your dream of reliving 1995 might come true!

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
13. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Jul 26, 2016, 10:58 AngelicPenguin

NotOneOfUs wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 08:42:
fujiJuice wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 20:30:
I am probably in the extreme minority, but I want a sequel, as in similar in tone, to Quake 1.

Ain't just you. Pretty much agree with everything you said here.

I as well am most fond of the atmosphere in the first quake.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 24, 2016, 22:12 AngelicPenguin

I bought it - I didn't have it, I'M SO ASHAMED.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2016, 17:37 AngelicPenguin

Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 17:02:
because network execs want drivel that caters to the masses of which I do not belong.

You actually typed that - always good for a laugh.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
25. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 12:52 AngelicPenguin

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 07:33:
1badmf wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 18:38:
too bad there isn't a really good ultrawide monitor yet.

I have the ASUS ROG 34" 3440x1440p, IPS, GSYNC, 100hz

I love it...

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG348Q/

So how does that work when you can't push that resolution?

I run 3x24" screens in nvidia surround, so if I have the horsepower to run a game in 5760x1200, I can do that, but if the game is too demanding, I just run it on the middle screen at 1920x1200.

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
22. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 14:29 AngelicPenguin

Trevellian wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:23:
I'd like an actual sequel to Quake 1. The strogg stuff was okay in 2 and 4. But I liked the Quake 1 aesthetic. I want gothic cathedrals and shotguns.

Ya I always preferred the first game as well. The lovecraft stuff just seemed more interesting than future robot stuff.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Patch
24. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Patch May 31, 2016, 12:32 AngelicPenguin

RedEye9 wrote on May 30, 2016, 17:58:
Lord Tea wrote on May 30, 2016, 17:33:
I was surprised to see HardOCP, a site that is traditionally biased towards NV clearly showing this AMD advantage.

The amount of misinformation and inaccuracy of that sentence is actually beyond impressive, hardocp is one of the most unbiased review sites around.

I had always thought they had been SLIGHTLY biased towards AMD, to be honest, but when NVidia started really crushing AMD, being a hard core site they just couldn't ignore how much better their offerings were.

News Comments > DOOM Released
56. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 16:19 AngelicPenguin

CJ_Parker wrote on May 13, 2016, 16:04:
Slick wrote on May 13, 2016, 12:25:
Well. You're reasoning in this case is utter bullshit because this particular game seems like the developers really gave what the gaming public wanted from a DOOM game.

Did they now? Did the gaming public ask for Doom to become another garbage console franchise with checkpoint saves and crap like that? Not the public that I am a part of, dude. The beauty of the origins of this franchise was the PC-centric design and how Carmack set new graphics benchmarks with each new iteration.

This new Doom is a $4.99 Steam sale if I've ever seen one. In the meantime I'll be busy playing the free ArmA III weekend. You know... an actual PC shooter with depth, complexity, awesome graphics and all that shit that makes actual PC shooters great. Fuck console Doom.

Have you PLAYED it? If not, then your angry rants don't really mean much. I guess if it let's you vent a bit (you seem stressed.)

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
69. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 9, 2016, 11:09 AngelicPenguin

Mastaba wrote on May 8, 2016, 14:37:
I have a feeling the simultaneous multi-monitor setup shown will not really get used all that much because getting that to work exactly correctly requires knowing exactly the size, location and orientation of each monitor with respect to some reference point. That is a difficult thing to do manually, and expecting a consumer to have the skill and the tools necessary to determine that, and tell the game that is a bit much. This require knowledge and skill. At minimum they will need to have some fool-proof way of calibrating the setup, which they didn't even hint at.

I'd assume they just do it like they do bezel adjustment. Give you an image and you adjust until it looks correct.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
19. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 16:14 AngelicPenguin

Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 22:18:
Wait until Q2 ends Blizzard. Your numbers are going to be drastically lower; guaranteed.

Have you seen the amount of money Hearthstone brings in? They might as well be printing it themselves. And the expansion just dropped last week. I'm going to go out on my own limb and say they are going to be just fine.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Hack Warning
2. Re: Dark Souls III Hack Warning May 3, 2016, 11:00 AngelicPenguin

Dagnamit wrote on May 3, 2016, 10:27:
somewhat off-topic, but I have recently gotten into the first Dark Souls game after a great deal of trouble with it for YEARS. I get it. It's probably a top 10 game all-time. Utterly brilliant.

I was absolutely dreading the first time I would get invaded by another player because forced PVP ain't really my bag, but HOLY SHIT did I crush that MF'er. He was NOT expecting a 2-handed Zwei +5 to rain blows upon him again and again. I cackled so loud I woke up my son from across the house.

My single favorite moment in the original dark souls was the first time I beat an invader as well. Says a lot since the game is so great.

News Comments > Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Released
10. Re: Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Released Apr 27, 2016, 17:48 AngelicPenguin

El Pit wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 11:50:
Whatever.

You had it right there

Hearthstone's a great game - who cares where some of the inspiration comes from?

64. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2016, 11:29 AngelicPenguin

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 03:10:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 01:56:

It's almost like story drives a movie.

Yes, but story shouldn't also drive the characters. Characters should drive the story.

Funny because that was how I saw Force Awakens - the characters and their motivations drove the story and the fact that there were some familiar backdrops was just that - backdrops.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 17:23 AngelicPenguin

nin wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 17:07:
What do you mean? He went with her...

no, because EVERYTHING IS ABOUT WOMEN/MINORITIES IN STAR WARS NOW! (from reading some toxic comments on Kotaku)

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 13:52 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 13:11:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 13:00:
Thought the movie was excellent and blew my expectations out of the water. A few nods to the old movies didn't spoil my enjoyment one bit.

Err as I said already, I enjoyed it for the nostalgia and general romp. My issue was just with the execution of certain plot elements for that specific character. The actress was great and I had no issues with a female lead. The fan service was all fine and amusingly self-aware at points. It was a good movie. It just had some problems, most movies do. I am not "hating" on Star Wars before someone abuses that word lol. Just thought they could've handled Reys character a bit better.

I'm just making fun - hence the "Boo!"

I know a lot of folks thought Rey was "Mary Sue" (had never even heard of this term before this movie), but I didn't even notice it, or particularly care if she really is a bad ass. You know, force and all.

415 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo