Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Heltorne

Real Name Heltorne   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Heltorne
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 26, 2010, 21:25
Total Comments 47 (Suspect)
User ID 55966

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Ion Maiden Renamed Ion Fury; Full Release Next Month
14. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 11, 2019, 21:48 Heltorne

Stormsinger wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 20:22:
Cutter wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 13:12:
Bill Borre wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 12:25:
I don't think they would've lost in court. It doesn't seem much of an infringement to me. Just Iron Maiden's lawyers being dicks.

It's the way the law is structured. If you don't defend your trademark it's presumed you don't really care if you lose it or not. So it's not always that people are being dicks about it because they don't really have a choice if they want to keep their TM.
Not true. Trademarks are only enforced across related industries. Someone could open a restaurant named Led Zeppelin tomorrow and there would be no infringement. There's absolutely no way anyone would confuse a video game with a rock band. This was purely Iron Maiden being dicks.

Even if that's the case, Iron Maiden currently have a video game out so you're saying there's no way people would get Ion Maiden mixed up with Iron Maiden which is of course the same industry. Also, surely you know the actual band members are not the ones that sued right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Apex Legends Season 2 Videos
9. Re: Apex Legends Season 2 Videos Jun 28, 2019, 22:58 Heltorne

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 28, 2019, 05:21:
Who cares?
one way or another, you obviously care

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce Driver Hotfix
3. Re: NVIDIA GeForce Driver Hotfix Jun 23, 2019, 03:09 Heltorne

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 22, 2019, 13:19:
I had that bug in GTA5 and thought the video card is about to die...
Hotfix my ass. I had it for about a month.

You appear so desperate to add unneeded negativity to something (as is the way of the internet user of the modern age) that you don't even make sense and look rather ignorant.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2019, 22:37 Heltorne

Dirwulf wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 16:32:
Anyone remember the Baba Booey Peter Jennings got during the chase?

AL Michaels had to correct it lol.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/its-the-20-year-anniversary-of-the-greatest-prank-call-1592186096

HAHAHAHA! I wasn't quite into Stern just yet at the time so I never knew about this, that's hilarious

News Comments > OUTRIDERS Announced
3. Re: OUTRIDERS Announced Jun 11, 2019, 23:03 Heltorne

No gameplay yet again  

News Comments > Iron Maiden Sues Over Ion Maiden Infringement
28. Re: Iron Maiden Sues Over Ion Maiden Infringement May 30, 2019, 21:24 Heltorne

Creston wrote on May 30, 2019, 10:55:
Fuck you, Iron Maiden. Die in a fire. I hope a judge laughs at you and spits in your fucking face.

Surely you realize that while they're preparing for the summer tour Bruce Dickinson or Dave Murray are not finding out about a game company using the name Ion Maiden and personally setting out to sue them right? haha

News Comments > City of Brass Free on Epic Games Store
2. Re: City of Brass Free on Epic Games Store May 30, 2019, 21:11 Heltorne

That GoG, Steam and everyone is doing?  

News Comments > Burnout Paradise Servers Closing
7. Re: Burnout Paradise Servers Closing Apr 19, 2019, 00:26 Heltorne

Retired wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 10:53:
That sucks. It costs them nothing to run them. My son and I love the game. Anyone have something similar to drive around in?

Sadly I can't think of any other game like it except for obviously the remastered version, so weird that none of them are "open world" like this but definitely get the remastered version on origin, it's literally the same game and runs better with updates and the servers are still active.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November
25. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November Apr 14, 2019, 01:13 Heltorne

Of course no gameplay. I got tired of these type of trailers 20 years ago. How does anything like this supposed to get someone pumped for the game?  

News Comments > Get Tacoma for Free
6. Re: Get Tacoma for Free Mar 21, 2019, 23:28 Heltorne

Acleacius wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 21:15:
Sigh, another platform to keep up with games. They used to give Steam keys.

What are you even talking about? I think you're so used to generically complaining even when a game is free that you typed something that doesn't make any sense. The game is stand alone just like when you buy a game from GoG. What "platform"??

News Comments > STONE Released
6. Re: STONE Released Sep 21, 2018, 18:38 Heltorne

If Judas Priest would have named Bloodstone to "I'm Stoned" back in what? '82. It would have been their biggest hit ever. I've told them as much, opportunity missed.

hahaha! Now I'm going to picture Halford singing that each time I hear the song from now on

News Comments > Wolfenstein III Confirmed
5. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 14, 2018, 00:56 Heltorne

DangerDog wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 00:31:
I didn't think the last one made that much money

Same, I doubt it did. That Deqer user below just wanted to add some generic negativity that has no basis in fact.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle?
32. Re: Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle? May 28, 2018, 18:27 Heltorne

I know I'm probably just repeating everyone else but that is one Badass deal!  

News Comments > Five Free Games with Twitch Prime
17. Re: Five Free Games with Twitch Prime Apr 2, 2018, 20:57 Heltorne

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 18:25:
Just another scam to get people to sign up for Twitch prime. Just about as worthless a fee as you can find on the internet.

That doesn't make any sense at all since you don't have to sign up for Twitch prime. It's for anyone with an amazon prime account whether you have twitch prime or not.

Nothing negative can be mined from this, unless you're just really desperate, so what do think of it now?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 25, 2018, 01:38 Heltorne

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 19:01:
I was pissed when they canceled UO2. I thought it was going to be good. Still amazes me EA let the Ultima IP just languish like it has.

100% agree! It's going to bother me in some shape or form for the rest of my life oddly enough haha

News Comments > Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access
4. Re: Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access Mar 1, 2018, 01:09 Heltorne

GinRummy wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 22:13:
I liked the later versions of the game with Bruce Dickenson, but I prefer the first two versions, with Paul DiAnno in the lead, better.

Hahaha! Love it

News Comments > Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access
3. Re: Build-Engine Ion Maiden from 3D Realms Early Access Mar 1, 2018, 01:07 Heltorne

Whoa  

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Trailer
10. Re: Underworld Ascendant Trailer Jan 17, 2018, 18:46 Heltorne

Huge fan of Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 and I'll of course be playing this one too since it looks fun but I'm very disappointing that it doesn't have anywhere near the interactivity the original games had.
Doesn't appear you can manipulate the world in any way or most importantly pick up objects, toss them on the ground to get later or just litter, throw stuff far ..etc.. There also isn't a "paperdoll" muchless one that shows your armor and weapons deteriorating or anything like that. Very sad there's no item interactivity basically. Seems only the Divinity games, Fallout and Elderscrolls has this.

The conversation system is a generic joke compared to the originals as well.
All that said, the game will be great I'm sure but I don't see where it's similar to Underworld besides being 3D.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway
18. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway Dec 22, 2017, 00:49 Heltorne

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 00:37:
These sales are great for catching up on the 2-3 years of gaming I missed. Got a lot in the Thanksgiving sale and now time to get the rest. Dark Souls 2 and 3, the more recent isometric RPGs, Vanquish and maybe Quantum Break? Gonna watch a bit of that one on the 'tube.

What is this?? No posts that make sense allowed! You must have missed the memo that it's generic repetative negative comments about the steam sales only!

News Comments > HITMAN - GOTY Edition Next Month
4. Re: HITMAN - GOTY Edition Next Month Oct 25, 2017, 20:16 Heltorne

I believe he was joking around hehe  

47 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo