Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Sabre Wulf

Real Name Sabre Wulf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sabre Wulf
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 23, 2010, 22:40
Total Comments 13 (Suspect)
User ID 55963

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

51. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 17:31 Sabre Wulf

I'm not a fan of the change. The site looks "fake" compared to the old design. I understand you wanted to do the mobile-friendly redesign but you have to work on the Font and spacing choices. Post Headers look childish and cartoony. The side topic lists look too wide. This site doesn't fit the new look. If you wanted to go with a blog-style look, just go all out with it. Just looks ... ick ...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer

23. Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 14:28 Sabre Wulf

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 13:54:
Rigs wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 01:37:
Hey, is anyone making 'I was there for the Suppa7 Meltdown 2017' t-shirts? Because I want like 3 of those bad boys...

=-Rigs-=

You fools can all go and make jokes all you like but the fact remains - quake champions will have no sdk, level editing or modding... the fact that you would celebrate it is a sign we live in an idiocracy.

I'm guessing by what you have posted in your rants that you were one of those people who use to download your games via iRC then jumps over to gamecopyworld for the exe crack. You would justify this to yourself as eighter I'm trying out the game and if I like it I will buy it (which is bullshit). Or more likely, all software should be free because I want it to be.

You probably were the guy that burned all his friends copies (and probably charged them for the CD) and you would have a good ole time with free software.

Looking back it seems you were the most influential for the now complacent online DRM that you're so worked up on. You caused the gaming industry to look for ways to make money on the products they released much more than what you now say is the FTP model, and now you want to rant for a social justice cause that you want to save games for prosperity .. lol ya ok ..

So put away the binge-watching of Mr.Robot, because the evil corps are going to continue to do what they are doing and FTP models are not hurting the game industry as much as the pre-reserve/DLC culture is.

And I'm guessing it all started from mentalities like yours, so pat yourself on the back for your ranting on a social justice cause you helped to create ... gratz.

21. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 18, 2017, 08:16 Sabre Wulf

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 22:37:

edit. Not even going to comment to your moronic rant .. seems you have more personal issues a forum post won't help with.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2017, 08:28.

17. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 22:12 Sabre Wulf

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 21:47:
Anyone who gamed seriously in the 90's would be mad at the shit that has happened to games.

Been playing Computer games since XCOM UFO Defense on a 386 in 1994. Played Quake competitively, loved DukeNukem, I've met both Johns (Carmack and Romero) and was there when Thresh won his Ferrari, and I love Warframe and its FTP model. So speak for your jaded self.

8. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 07:39 Sabre Wulf

Angrius Maximis wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 05:32:
PC gamers poor mans Destiny. Luckily a real came will be out in October to show them how its done. Destiny 2!

Absolutely untrue. The only shared game mechanics between destiny and Warframe are they are both looter shooters.

Destiny's core gameplay is a first-person shooter with a little external narrative storylines on a few (5-6?) planets/tile sets with 3 classes and 5 game/mission types.

Warframe is a 3rd person shooter on 17 planets/tile sets with in-game story arcs and over 33 classes/frames played over 17+ different game types. And now they are adding quasi-open world elements ... FOR FREE also unlike Destiny with Bungie charging for any major content updates. Player made content, unlike Destiny. And story arc/lore missions that rival any of Destiny's jumbled story arcs, Second Dream anyone? And the Music ... just fantastic ... so ya a poor mans PC game Rolleyes .

If you're arguing semantics, then one could say that Destiny is really a dumbed down version of Warframe, since Warframe was released 1.5 years before Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 is/should be an expansion for Destiny 1, but I'm sure as you're clearly a Destiny fanboy you wouldn't concede to that logic anyways. And frankly, they are two different games.

So you go ahead and see how it's done in Oct with what reviewers are calling Destiny 1.5 PC Port and I'm guessing 60+ 120+ dollars invested ... I'm having a blast with 2000+ hours in Warframe and about 20-30 bucks out of pocket (gladly).

Here is a long time Destiny youtuber explaining his take on Warframe much better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vuJitrbTFY&t=106s **there are raids and all items (even plat items if you trade prime parts for plat) can be earned for free.**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GU6NOG1yJ0 **contains slight spoilers**

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2017, 10:54.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video

32. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 14:15 Sabre Wulf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 13:52:
Signed On Sep 23, 2010, 22:40 Clearly a sleeper agent. Nice
Clearly I've been waiting six years for just this moment, biding my time to ask the question my plan is complete

27. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 13:37 Sabre Wulf

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 13:25:
In this case there has been no sign of the Big Mac in years, with no ETA for when it's ready. And those bonus fries have been delivered first despite not being ordered originally, and they aren't finished cooking yet.

true, but it doesn't make the analogy wrong

Dacron wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 13:24:
So Sabre Wulf = NasWulf new account?

Darks wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 13:34:
Saber, piss off. You are new here so take your garbage and leave.
If you want to defend this con artist, then go their web forums and have at it.

check your dates again there, and I'm not arguing for star citizen or against it, just looking for the reason for a backer(s) being baffled for when a developer shows off a mode in a game people clearly paid for.

22. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 13:22 Sabre Wulf

Darks wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:58:
So again, this is why Kick-starter fans are pissed off to no end.

I guess you don't get the McDonald analogy as much as I apparently don't get the KS controversy.

the kickstarter base was what 5-10% of the paying customer base? Probably much lower that that but I'll concede 5% on the side of gusstimation. So the other 90% of the people who gave more funds (alot more funds) than the original KS wanted or asked for should not receive the item(s) they paid for because the original 10% founder base didn't want/pay for it?

Your argument would be fine if they (CIG) did the kick starter, didn't do any stretch goals, didn't add any more funds or add-on to the project, and then came out and said oh by they way, you'll have to wait another year for what we had you pay for because we were too busy making something else you didn't pay for. But they did bring in more funds, they did do stretch goals, and people did pay for a FPS mode. Your argument is to say those people should wait longer for their game mode then I (you) because you came first in line at the funding slot.

15. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 12:48 Sabre Wulf

grudgebearer wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:34:
Probably because they don't even have a fully functional flight model implemented, and they are spending time/effort/money on remaking Call of Duty Infinite Warfare.

but again if people paid for this, then why up in arms when its show off?

its like going to McDonald and ordering a big-mac, then pulling up to the window and the cashier hands you a combo with fries and a coke. You say i didn't order that, and they reply, the car behind you paid for everyone to have a combo order for the next 1 million customers. Then you get pissed because you didn't want the fries and a coke because it makes you fat, but you sure as hell going to eat them just for spite even if you didn't want or pay for them.

10. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 12:12 Sabre Wulf

Darks wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 10:52:
This whole thing is just baffling, This kind of addon to the game should have came out after the original intended game was finished.

I dont see how anyone can be supportive of this kind of crap being created for a game that was supposed to be a space flight sim in an open sand box.

Its this Bullshit that has all of us backers up in arms.

ummm wasn't the 5mill and 20mill stretch goal(s) to have more first person combat? so how can it be baffling and have people up in arms?

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale

107. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 23, 2016, 12:55 Sabre Wulf

If I may, you as the resident AAA developer on hand, what titles have you shipped or been involved with? Just looking for a point of reference here as you tend to judge CIG for their development as one who knows gaming development. I myself am a developer, not in gaming, I just want to see how well to take your development comments with.  

News Comments > Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month

8. Re: Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month Oct 19, 2016, 11:54 Sabre Wulf

well, hopefully they use any funds generated from the sales from this and the DS2 remastered to fund a 3rd.  

News Comments > Tamte Calls Out Kotick on Indies

17. Re: Tamte Calls Out Kotick on Indies Sep 23, 2010, 18:41 Sabre Wulf

Sempai wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 17:38:
If you allow me to curb stomp Koticks face in your new game, i promise to buy it day one.

In the long run Kotick doesn't care if he makes these comments, he's getting paid to bring press and revenue to Activision. Even if he makes 1% of 1% on the annually revenue generated from just top tittles like WoW and other titles under the Activision umbrella, he is still making more than you (and most of us here) from your hard earned dime. If you truly want to hurt him where it counts, you would boycott his company and the games produced under the Activision umbrella. Until that or something like this happens, he will sit back and glimmer on the free press generated from his comments no matter how retarded you or anyone seems to think they are.

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >