Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bobbyric

Real Name bobbyric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bobbyric
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 7, 2010, 20:25
Total Comments 73 (Suspect)
User ID 55934

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
15. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 04:55 bobbyric

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 16:29:
If we are living in a computer simulation, it's pretty shit. Where's all the cool stuff like dragons and magic and laser guns and spaceships???

We must be stuck on a pretty shitty level.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 10, 2016, 14:35 bobbyric

"Are we part of a computer simulation?" If we're obviously part of a larger whole does it really matter if we are or not?  

News Comments > Konami Denies Kojima Exit
10. Re: Konami Denies Kojima Exit Oct 20, 2015, 14:16 bobbyric

He's on vacation... Until December... When his contract runs out.  

News Comments > More Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes
2. Re: More Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes Oct 15, 2015, 12:38 bobbyric

They've been doing MMR work for the past two decades not sure why this has to be such an issue. Maybe if they just kept a more straight forward MMR system the behind-the-scenes code seems like it's doing some convoluted crap as evidenced by ranked reset.  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
136. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 17:27 bobbyric

I do think it's quite funny the Escapist hardly mentioned Derek Smart but then nearly half of CIG's response was rants about the evils of Derek Smart... so funny.  

110. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 15:27 bobbyric

Tumbler wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 15:17

The escapist likely didn't vet anything with this article and Lizzy is simply a contractor trying to keep her job by writing a story that will get a lot of page views.[/quote:

Actually no, there's substantial evidence her ties go way deeper than that, that's why CIG is calling her out as biased.

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
49. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 5, 2015, 13:06 bobbyric

Sepharo wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 03:28:

It does have space combat though.

Of which we have seen very very very very little. 90% of what they've shown so far is walking around on planets pissing on things to 'claim it'.

Really makes me worry about all this other "gameplay" they keep claiming to have.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 5, 2015, 12:41 bobbyric

That's about what a Telltale Game series costs... Yu Suzuki, like Chris Roberts, just comes from a completely different time. Video game development has changed greatly and they haven't.  

58. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 12:18 bobbyric

Because articles published to the internet can be killed and wiped away forever... OH WAIT. NOT.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
40. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 1, 2015, 21:01 bobbyric

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 20:55:
Murder She Wrote wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 17:49:
Anonymous sources, video game press LOL.

Yeah, it's 280 pages of

Escapist: "He said this!"

Also quite a lot of

CR: Derek smart Derek smart derek smart!!
Escapist: We hardly mentioned derek smart...
CR: DEREK SMART!!!!!

what's the world come to when Derek Smart becomes a legit thorn in a company's side?

News Comments > BATTLETECH Kickstarter
9. Re: BATTLETECH Kickstarter Sep 29, 2015, 14:23 bobbyric

I don't know about you guys but I'm hoping they get enough funding to put some real attention into the single player and RPG aspects of this... We've had Mechwarrior branded games and they were just OK. Hopefully Battletech will open it up a bit.  

News Comments > SOMA Movie
11. Re: SOMA Movie Sep 29, 2015, 14:17 bobbyric

So hey, Timmy, do you know what the purpose is here? The game is out already. Games make 90% of their sales the first month

It's been out a week. Also they released another series of live-action videos months before this, but they didn't get a "ton" of views. Maybe they're hoping to generate more views since the game has just launched.

News Comments > SOMA Movie
9. Re: SOMA Movie Sep 29, 2015, 13:10 bobbyric

Evil Timmy wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 02:43:
I did sound on a day of this shoot

Maybe you can tell me if this is directed by Ian Hubert... He uses the dude in this video in so his other works (Dynamo, Project London)

I think he directed the older Soma ads and even some other video game ads... But it doesn't look like he publicizes them as his works. inquiring minds want to know!

News Comments > Fallout 4 Progression Details
16. Re: Fallout 4 Progression Details Sep 26, 2015, 08:40 bobbyric

It's a vanilla talent system. You have skill trees tied to a SPECIAL and each perk has ranks... Nuff said. They took way too long and used too many words to explain that simple fact.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2015, 20:14 bobbyric

The long con is someone out there cares about Derek Smart's rhetoric. Roberts has a career of success and Smart has a career of failures. Says it all doesn't it? Not to mention people like Roberts... People don't like Smart. that's really got to tick him off.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2015, 20:24.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 15, 2015, 07:59 bobbyric

Ehat slick said, shitty holiday season when you're talking about such a small list for 2 different consoles.

And No Man's Sky has never had a release date or year, it's september why are idiots still thinking it's coming out by the end of the year?

And how did Read Only Memories, some gay (literally gay) kickstarted niche adventure game get thrown in there?

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Adding Another Race
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Adding Another Race Sep 6, 2015, 17:02 bobbyric

stretch goals are pretty crappy, like it takes them $150,000 to add racial skills lol  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out Aug 21, 2015, 15:43 bobbyric

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 11:04:
Most of my friends don't like playing against real people, so we run versus AI

I know there's an AI mode but I didn't think people actually used it... Especially for multi. Weird.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 17, 2015, 19:51 bobbyric

Lmao halfway through the episode you hear "Thank you for watching this free preview..." then the sound cuts out and the rest of the 15 minutes plays with absolutely no sound.

#badadvertising

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Aug 3, 2015, 06:26 bobbyric

People obsessed with their religious beliefs can still make the time to play video games.

See: most atheists.

You're saying most atheists play video games....? Whaaaa.....?

I'm not a christian but I'm editing a Christian feature film (editing features is just what I do as a career, I just cut what my director friends film :P) but this movie is all about how aggressive atheists are against Christians... Like... That's not reality. I've met maybe 1 atheist my whole life who thought he had to argue with a believer about non-belief. Reality is an overwhelming number who might consider themselves atheists are actually agnostic. They just don't care what others believe. In this movie I'm editing people are like "Keep that bible away from my son!" like it's crystal meth or something. But then that's the kind of movie these producers got hired to make, for Christians who feel persecuted by non-believers. I remember when Christians didn't have to make movies about how they feel they are the minority. Well... that's a lot of digression, but still: non-believers generally don't care what believers think.

But believers sure do get inventive when it comes to spreading their own belief, see this very same website we're discussing (a survey, REALLY??)

73 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo