Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Simply Monk

Real Name Simply Monk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SimplyMonk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 10734308
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2010, 19:35
Total Comments 715 (Apprentice)
User ID 55902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta
9. Re: 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta May 12, 2016, 22:21 SimplyMonk

I enjoyed playing this a lot more on my PS4 than PC for some reason. Felt more comfortable sitting on the couch in a party with a controller than mouse and keyboard. That being said $60 for multiplayer only... I think I'll pass for now. Wait for a sale or some new modes to come out that look interesting.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Atlas Reactor Free Weekend
5. Re: Atlas Reactor Free Weekend May 12, 2016, 22:13 SimplyMonk

Jagacademy wrote on May 12, 2016, 13:15:
I should be able to control all the units myself in League of Legends, DOTA, Heroes of the Storm, etc. Idiot developers.

You sound like an informed individual that must of just forgotten that this is a turn-based strategy game and not a MOBA. Don't worry. We all make mistakes.

News Comments > Atlas Reactor Free Weekend
1. Re: Atlas Reactor Free Weekend May 12, 2016, 10:59 SimplyMonk

I might like this game more if I didn't have to play with a team and could just control each unit myself. Not really sure what having to play with other people really adds except for faster turns and potential frustration.  

News Comments > MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers?
15. Re: MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers? May 11, 2016, 18:09 SimplyMonk

Is it common for a parent company to sell the IP a child company is associated with when they sell the child company? Seems like kinda a non-story if prospective buyers were going "We'll buy Lionhead Studios if we get Fable too!" and Microsoft said "No... that's dumb."

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens
49. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 6, 2016, 09:03 SimplyMonk

SpectralMeat wrote on May 6, 2016, 05:25:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 22:29:
There's also Paragon from Epic in case OW and BB don't cut it.
Made it into the Paragon beta. Gave it a try yesterday. The graphics look fantastic, but needs a lot more work.
Will be a fun game though

Paragon is pretty and has a few things going for it, but gameplay itself feels stiff and I rather dislike the deck building aspect of the "gear". I was eager to play it when I first got into the Alpha, but I've struggled to enjoy it and usually pass it up for Dark Souls, The Division or even SMITE instead. I'm sure some will enjoy it though, but I doubt it will gather a large following.

I think BB is more my cup of tea, but again the randomly obtained load out items irks me when going into competitive modes.

31. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 16:28 SimplyMonk

Verno wrote on May 5, 2016, 16:14:
Game is super fun if you like small squad size battles and the map design so far is pretty decent.

This may be the MegaTF in me talking, but I kinda want a 2Fort5 map for this game. Something where you have to mix defense and offense. I suppose that wouldn't fit their quick focused match mentality though.

19. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 14:33 SimplyMonk

SpectralMeat wrote on May 5, 2016, 14:27:
It's $39.99 on the PC.
Maybe the console version cost more

Yeah. PSN and looks like all the retailers only have Overwatch Origins Edition available for PS4 which is $60.

Being a multiplayer only game, it isn't like I'm missing out on anything or risking plot line spoilers/sequels by not playing it on release. Only potential is that the game dies before I have time to play it (EVOLVE!) but I'd be pissed about that either way.

17. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 14:22 SimplyMonk

Enjoyed playing it a lot more on my PS4 than my PC during the BETA events. But yeah... $60 for multiplayer only still doesn't sit well with me. Didn't pick up Titanfall or Evolve for the same reasons and I don't regret either of those. Still looking at Evolve when it is around $10 for everything.  

News Comments > HEX: Shards of Fate Launches
2. Re: HEX: Shards of Fate Launches Apr 22, 2016, 13:31 SimplyMonk

Frijoles wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 11:00:
Is this the one that started as Kickstarter? I never did get my key for that.

It is and has been effectively released as a standalone PC client for a number of years now. Might want to hit them up about that.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Sales Record
7. Re: Dark Souls III Sales Record Apr 18, 2016, 13:12 SimplyMonk

Just to join in, I watched my wife play Bloodborne and although I really enjoyed the aesthetic and creature design in particular, it didn't grab me enough to want to dedicate the time. Watching her play Dark Souls III though, the urge to try it out hit home a little harder and I've lost more than a couple hours of sleep now as after I finish my usual gaming session I think "I'll make a Dark Souls character and just mess around for 30 mins before going to bed."

That might also be due to the fact that I started as the Deprived class and after beating the Blue Crystal Lizard thing I didn't want to quit until I beat the tutorial boss and made it to the home temple as I felt I'd lose the souls I gained from the Lizard.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2016, 21:43 SimplyMonk

BobBob wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 20:52:
The inescapable light pushes away the surrounding darkness.

The surrounding darkness is pushed away by an inescapable light.

Which phrase sounds better?

I turned the light on.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 17, 2016, 12:27 SimplyMonk

I don't really care for the Xbone and PS4 cross-play. I just want more support for PC and console play as I like to play games with my wife, but don't have the funds to drop for another PS4 and PSN account. If I did, I'd be connecting my PS4 to my computer monitor anyways as we also don't really have a space for another TV/entertainment system area.

I understand there is a lot of push back on that due to software design and input devices, but segregation of the races is never OK and you can use a Mouse/Keyboard on the PS4 anyways with the right attachment that maps them to controller input.

News Comments > Paragon Founder's Packs Grant Access Next Week
2. Re: Paragon Founder's Packs Grant Access Next Week Mar 15, 2016, 11:10 SimplyMonk

I liked the early videos, but the game play itself felt lacking. Also don't understand the need for people to tag extraneous random chance based systems onto their games. Battleborn does this too and it is just fucking annoying. I know you want some sort of sinkhole for people to dump money into, but this hurts your game play tremendously in my opinion.

Yes, I know you can't buy cards directly, but you can buy boosts that increase the rate at which you gain in-game currency so who the fuck are you kidding?

In the end, the game just made me want to play SMITE.

News Comments > Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Expansion Announced
1. Re: Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Expansion Announced Mar 11, 2016, 23:26 SimplyMonk

I always enjoyed that basically the elder gods of Cthulhu mythos were the main antagonists of Warcraft. I will be honest and say I'm tempted to jump back into Hearthstone for this expansion because of the theme, but I honestly don't think I can after playing Duelyst for so long now. The Draw 2/Replace 1 mechanic has probably ruined me for all other CCGs.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta Trailer
16. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta Trailer Feb 18, 2016, 09:00 SimplyMonk

Looks neat.  

News Comments > Hatred Developer's New Greenlight
12. Re: Hatred Developer's New Greenlight Feb 11, 2016, 13:32 SimplyMonk

It is the same shit as those crappy Columbine Shooter games. Crappy game released for shock value publicity and a quick buck. Meh.

News Comments > Overwatch Progression Details
4. Re: Overwatch Progression Details Feb 10, 2016, 15:47 SimplyMonk

deqer wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 14:33:
...and will blow TF2 out of the water.

Blow a 9 year old title which is a remade version of a 20 year old mod out of the water, you say? Don't set your sights too high there, Blizzard.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2016, 15:55.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed
7. Re: Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed Feb 7, 2016, 17:33 SimplyMonk

On one hand... Titanfall and EA.

On the other... TV show with Mechs.

Yeah. I want to be slightly optimistic here because my TV watching needs a higher percentage of Mechs in it and I did enjoy Titanfall's beta, but not enough to justify an online only game purchase.

News Comments > Over 1M Blade & Soul Players
10. Re: Over 1M Blade & Soul Players Jan 26, 2016, 08:52 SimplyMonk

Don't know where it is in development, but the MMO Crowfall on Kickstarter looked promising. Not sure you'd call it an RPG though. Felt more like an MMO Arena or something. Didn't have the money to back it at the time sadly but also I'm leery about backing most games nowadays. Especially something like an MMO.  

News Comments > Minecraft: Education Edition Announced
12. Re: Minecraft: Education Edition Announced Jan 20, 2016, 08:54 SimplyMonk

Agreed. Not to say that the skills learned playing Minecraft are undesirable though. Basic logic, rudimentary system design, resource management, bomb defusal.

Now I'm sure that if someone took a good amount of time to really expand a educational model within Minecraft there are many applications like geography, geology or possibly even chemistry and computer science that could be taught effectively. What I've seen so far doesn't suggest that though.

715 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo