Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Simply Monk

Real Name Simply Monk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SimplyMonk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2010, 19:35
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 55902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch League on ESPN
10. Re: Overwatch League on ESPN Jul 12, 2018, 17:10 SimplyMonk

Kxmode wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 01:08:
eSports ISN'T sports, and it will NEVER be a sport regardless of what anyone says. It's not a physical activity.

As a former DotA player that can no longer stay competitive due to aging reactions times and probably the onset of crippling arthritis I wholeheartedly disagree.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 Quitters to be Punished
2. Re: Destiny 2 Quitters to be Punished Mar 23, 2018, 10:58 SimplyMonk

Neat. Get DDOSed and get banned. This is going to go well.

... and no news on dedicated servers... Very well indeed.

News Comments > Duelyst Trials of Mythron Announced
1. Re: Duelyst Trials of Mythron Announced Mar 20, 2018, 08:54 SimplyMonk

New card rarity, eh? Man. I remember when this game was going to be something worthwhile instead of Hearthstone Checkers.

Amazing pixel Artwork is still the only thing that the game has going for it.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Trailer
1. Re: BATTLETECH Trailer Mar 14, 2018, 18:39 SimplyMonk

Yes, please. Not pre-ordering, but I am getting hyped.  

News Comments > White House Game Summit Recap
19. Re: White House Game Summit Recap Mar 9, 2018, 14:01 SimplyMonk

Darks wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 12:11:
kids are not disciplined anymore and they are out of control. thank the CPS for this.

Yes... beating the children is the answer...

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 12:22:
Everyone wants more restrictions on the 2nd amendment. How about more on the first?

No. Less information isn't how you solve problems. It is how you hide them.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released
1. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 8, 2018, 17:21 SimplyMonk

Didn't play the original, but I played a ton of L4D and L4D2 back in the day so this have been great nostalgia + more with unique classes and loot. All in all been immensely enjoying the pre-order beta. Would love to see a versus mode at some point like in L4D, but even without that it was worth the very reasonable $30 price.

That being said... multiplayer only games not being F2P always give me pause. But Warhammer and only $30 so I decided what the hell.

News Comments > The Division 2 Revealed
17. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 14:54 SimplyMonk

ItBurn wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:34:
They only thing they need to do for this to be great is to dramatically up the variety.

This is why I think the Tom Clancy IP did them a lot more harm than good. Realistic World Looter Shooter doesn't go well in my opinion. You can only gun down so many gang bangers, rogue spec op agents and PMCs before it gets stale. They really needed to be vastly more creative with the IP than Tom Clancy's world would allow.

I can also only own so many patterns for my gun and backpack before I cease to care. Another pair of jeans and boots? One of a thousand caps? Ugh.

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:46:
More cleaners! My girlfriend giggles every time we encounter them. I LOVE popping the flamethrower packs they wear. Pop. BOOM! Pop. BOOM! (Suppressed bolt action rifle for the win!)

Exactly! This was their one faction that was creative and even slightly interesting.

12. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 14:19 SimplyMonk

Leper wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:44:
It's wise to be cautious, but if you read this article on Forbes they explicitly reference Destiny 2 and avoiding the same mistakes.

Yeah. That is completely fair. The problems Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 had were completely different from the issues that The Division had.

2. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 11:40 SimplyMonk

MMO-ish Looter Shooter game has very poor initial release, but after a year manages to recover somewhat and post a respectable game and appreciative player base. After which they announce the next chapter in the series as a standalone title...

Where have I heard this before? How did that work out? I mean, I realize that Bungie and Massive are two distinct companies, but the lifecycle of The Division and Destiny were extremely similar. I guess this just reinforces my tendency to not play any game nowadays till it has been out for at least a year. Especially these looter shooters that like to release new titles after 2-3 years.

News Comments > James Harden Outs Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII?
10. Re: James Harden Outs Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII? Mar 7, 2018, 16:34 SimplyMonk

Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 15:51:
In ancient Rome, those who wrote 4 as IIII were sent to remedial math, and also nominated for the "Not Archimedes" Award.

I know, right? It should be "Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIIIIX"

News Comments > Trump Calls Game Meeting
40. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 11:37 SimplyMonk

sliv wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 11:19:
Mature adults generally don't mind talking with those with different opinions.

Intelligent human beings don't trade in veiled insults about maturity and age. In addition, having a discussion with someone over their differing opinion is generally an exercise in futility because a person's opinion is rarely open to being changed by mere discussion.

If you want to to have a real conversation bring some solid evidence to the table that people can present counter evidence too or pick apart the flaws in. Just making blanket statements and then shouting to the wind "prove me wrong" just invites equally empty retorts and does nothing to change anyone's mind.

There is not enough time in existence to waste it countering every random notion that comes across someone's consciousness and explaining to them why it is the wrong conclusion.

News Comments > Hunt Showdown Early Access
3. Re: Hunt Showdown Early Access Feb 22, 2018, 16:38 SimplyMonk

This is going to be Evolve all over again. They need to just start with this as F2P right out of the gate and save us the time of waiting for them to redesign their business model when player population begins to wane and can't support a multiplayer only title any longer.  

News Comments > WARTILE Released
2. Re: WARTILE Released Feb 9, 2018, 11:20 SimplyMonk

Creston wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 10:27:
So did the game embrace the Viking lifestyle, or the studio?

All art assets for the game were stolen from neighboring game development studios whose offices were sacked and burned. The staff was then enslaved and force to do QA testing. As a result the client is surprisingly stable and well polished.

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
21. Re: Are Jan 29, 2018, 11:52 SimplyMonk

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 11:32:
For single player games, itís an INCH away from posting a movie online and saying itís original content because the person posting does a running commentary over the top. We all know that shit doesnít fly.

You say that... but I will freely admit that about 75% of new releases that come out nowadays I just "watch" via CinemaSins and never actually end up seeing outside of that. Now most of them are trash I wouldn't make time for anyways (*COUGH*TRANSFORMERS*COUGH*), but they have easily satiated my desire to see some films like "Aliens: Covenant" or "Arrival". I don't go to the theatre anymore or buy DVDs but I might of made time watching them on Netflix or maybe even an Amazon rental.

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
13. Re: Are Jan 29, 2018, 11:27 SimplyMonk

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 11:18:
To make matters less altruistic, keep in mind that some streamers make shocking amounts of money, and their video content is almost entirely provided by the games they play. The people who MADE that content should be getting a cut of that, especially when itís a single player game where the video undoubtedtly cannibalizes sales.

This is kinda a double-edged sword though. You start issuing DMCA take down notices and there could be some sizable backlash from the larger streamer communities. Nintendo learned this the hard way with their initial policy of DMCA everything under the sun, but their games aren't strictly single player narrative so it really hurt them more than helped them.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 24, 2018, 15:31 SimplyMonk

Devinoch wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 14:59:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/7sp4wq/legal_analysis_of_the_esl_genting_situation_dmca/

Good analysis of the issue, for those legitimately interested.

What? An issue caused by Valve being aloof and vague in their policies? You don't say.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 24, 2018, 13:43 SimplyMonk

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 11:27:
What? I'm not clicking it because it's clearly clickbait, but DOTA 2 has always been streamable within the game itself, and there are many youtube and twitch streamers, so... Guess I don't understand why they would lie in the headline. Nobody cares about facebook.

Not clicking either because obvious clickbait is obvious, but if the reddit drama is any indication this has to do with how the latest ESL tournament organizers made a streaming deal with Facebook and as such threatened Twitch streamers with copyright strikes for streaming the tournament series.

Players don't like being forced to use Facebook and hate it when companies attack their favorite streamers... so obviously they aren't taking this well. The tournament organizers should have full streaming rights to their tournament though so I kinda side with them on this issue. Maybe next time they will learn that spurning the largest streaming service in favor of Facebook isn't the best idea for current fans.

News Comments > John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie?
7. Re: John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie? Jan 23, 2018, 11:21 SimplyMonk

Beamer wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 11:15:
I still think DNF should have been Duke, now in his 40s, struggling in a world that left him behind. But doubt that'd be a very good movie. Still doubt a serious film would be good, as well.

That is pretty much the plot of Ash vs Evil Dead. Aging manly hero deals with trying to live up to the glory of his younger self and confront his old enemies while dealing at the same time with being old and a relic of the past culturally.

News Comments > John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie?
1. Re: John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie? Jan 23, 2018, 11:01 SimplyMonk

Sure. Why not. It is not like anyone expects anything good from this franchise at this point. Go crazy. This movie will probably only be good for generating internet memes and reaction gifs.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2018, 14:55 SimplyMonk

Fion wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 13:38:
Unfortunate thing is the guy who made it hasn't released any new content in like a year and a half now. One would expect with that many sales he'd support it with new stuff, but it appears he's moved on to his next project.

Where are you getting that from?

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/952712012491931648

"Also, I'm finished with the new content and have shifted all my attention to getting multiplayer ready!"

"some things I've added for the new content update:
*new "town event" in winter
*new type of collection that you can start in your first winter
*Signs (can display any item on them)
*More outdoor decorations (some change w/ season)
*More NPC "events"
*A way to re-spec professions"

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo