Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rattlehead

Real Name Rattlehead   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rattlehead
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 16, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 1250 (Pro)
User ID 55889

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
57. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 14, 2015, 11:12 Rattlehead

Slick wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 02:30:
Quboid wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 01:34:
This was in development for 2 years, which means that they started around the time that Simcity 2013 was released. It really shows, this game clearly draws a lot of inspiration on how NOT to do things and their trailers quickly mentioned offline, big maps and modding support. I feel sorry for ex-Maxis developers looking at this and perhaps seeing what they envisaged Simcity 2013 to be before the suits butted in and utterly ruined it.

let's be honest, while there's a bunch of things that were remixed into a better mechanic in cities, this game is a BLATANT rip-off of simcity. and i'm not just talking about it being a simulation city-type game, i mean that a lot of this title was copied exactly from Simcity 2013. I mean everything, the overlays, the square size, the tilt shift, just so many things are a blatant ripoff.

not that I mind, they were damned good systems, and it's good to see them reused, it's just kinda strange not coming from maxis. this is like a weird parallel dimension where this is the true intended release of Simcity 2013.
That's because Simcity 2013 did so many things right while doing so many things wrong. They took the best aspects of Simcity 2013 and used them correctly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
56. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 14, 2015, 11:11 Rattlehead

I've been playing for about 20 hours. I love the game however I have a few gripes.

1. You have to dezone to upgrade from low density to high density, not a big deal but still annoying.

2. Not enough building variation, you can easily see the exact same building repeated 20 times in a row. That actually applies to all ploppables.

3. Once again, you can't upgrade from 2 lane roads to 4 way without demolishing buildings.

4. Why do I have to increase my entire healthcare spending just to get more hearses?

5. Not enough specializations in districts. I want a gambling district, a silicon valley district, a chinatown, etc.

6. Sim City had building modules, I wish this game did too. It's boring to build another identical elementary school instead of upgrading.

Overall, a great game, I can see it going strong with continued support. Not quite the variation of Sim City but it's from a 9 man team.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Confirmed
19. Re: Titanfall 2 Confirmed Mar 13, 2015, 00:19 Rattlehead

CeeKay wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 20:50:
shihonage wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 19:48:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 19:45:
Icewind wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 19:40:
Does this one have a real singleplayer campaign? No?

Yeah, pass.

UT doesn't have a single player campaign either. Did you pass on all of those?

UT had 50 times more to offer in its multiplayer than Titanfail, and it was a far better and more lasting experience to boot. It was well worth the money.

I don't remember if the sequels had a single player campaign, but the original 1999 version of UT had one. Granted, it was a thin story that linked what were essentially bot matches, but back in those days the AI was considered to be decent.
Unreal 2 had single player and it was garbage.

News Comments > Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary
1. Re: Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary Mar 11, 2015, 20:41 Rattlehead

Wow, I'm going to get back into this game now! That was unexpected! I like it, great job Respawn.  

News Comments > MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees
37. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 7, 2015, 09:13 Rattlehead

harlock wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:27:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 12:41:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 12:40:

#PCMASTERRACE

Meine Ehre heißt Treue!!!

ACHTUNG!! line up all the console filth! AND GAS THEM!

we will cleanse the earth from this plague of CONSOLE PLAYERS!!

we will triumph in the glory of our SUPERIOR PC TECHNOLOGY!!

we will save mankind and make our species pure, and we will BE VICTORIOUS!!

Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist

Holocaust jokes are in such good taste. Because you know, comparing consoles to the extermination of Jews isn't cringe worthy at all. Any 9/11 bits you can add? What about MH 870 jokes?

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
24. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 00:09 Rattlehead

Undead Scottsman wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 23:38:
Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:02:
They didn't announce it today so it's over. It would seem Valve is out of games development entirely now.

..because they didn't announce a new game at a developer's conference?
Stop listening to Cutter, seriously, he is the Glenn Beck of Bluesnews. Nothing he says matters, ever. Just do yourself a favor and put him on your ignore list.

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
20. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 3, 2015, 22:44 Rattlehead

walrus1 wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 21:55:
Zor wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 19:53:
NamecaF wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 19:52:
HL3 to be the Source Engine 2 launch title makes sense. Fingers crossed?

I sure hope so. Well, I hope for a new grand slam: Portal 3, Half Life 3, Left 4 D3ad.. 3. See what I did there

If we're going to get it they'll announce it very soon.
That would be amazing, but it won't happen.

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Co-op Apology
6. Re: Resident Evil 2 Co-op Apology Feb 27, 2015, 12:38 Rattlehead

I guarantee 99.9% of people whining about this had zero intention about using this feature, much less know about it in the first place.  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Trailer
1. Re: Mortal Kombat X Trailer Feb 26, 2015, 18:50 Rattlehead

Ok from watching this video it seems Cassie Cage is just a hybrid of Sonya and Johnny...not surprised, but what I am surprised is the literal copy and paste of old animations, they did the same shit with Kitana also.

Not a big deal I suppose but it still seems pretty half-assed. Anyways, the brutalities look awesome, and hopefully they are easier to pull off than previously.

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
1. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 18:42 Rattlehead

The last people I want behind the internet is the god damn FFC and government. Now we can expect taxes, regulations, censorship and everything else horrible associated with the government.

Call me cynical, but I don't see anything good from this.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 09:44 Rattlehead

Funny, that's why I bought a PC.

Maybe he already has a PC, ever think of that?

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released
18. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 24, 2015, 20:07 Rattlehead

TangledThorns wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:27:
Very cool example of what DLC should look like.
???

Kotaku says this is just another copy and paste anti climatic DLC like Lord of the Hunt. From the trailers, Celebrimbor has the exact same animations as Talion. In fact, it's just a simple skin as far as I can tell. The areas used are just the old areas with a darker theme.

If you want to see DLC done right take a look at Tiny Tina for BL2. That campaign itself was longer than most full length retail games.

News Comments > Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay
1. Re: Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay Feb 17, 2015, 11:06 Rattlehead

Hell, fucking, yes.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2015, 18:50 Rattlehead

Picked up an 09 Hyundai with 96k miles, only 4 grand.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
1. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 09:48 Rattlehead

I could never get into these games.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
41. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 19:41 Rattlehead

DangerDog wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 14:59:
Rattlehead wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 12:41:
Has anyone here played it yet? How is it? It's been getting good reviews.

LOL it is?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/273350/reviews/

I know that's just page after page of people raging over the DLC marketing nonsense, most are reviews of the alpha gameplay but has it really changed that much from then? The "theme" of the game sounded okay on paper, I think somewhere along the way it didn't quite "evolve" into a fun game though.

Let's take a classic monster game like the arcade classic Rampage, you get to be a monster, smashing buildings, eating people now imagine if you could have something like that in a Grand Theft Auto type setting where you have four people trying to take down a monster that's actually doing classic monster things in environments that are full of wonderful over the top destruction with little AI computer people running from you while you stomp them into the ground, swallow them whole or turn a whole crowd into a mini monster BBQ buffet with your fire breathing creature. You could still have your sci-fi setting for your "hunters".

What they've created here though is an arena based, spastic, button mashing fighting game where they thought that for some strange reason would make an awesome e-sports game? what?
I'm talking about professional reviews, not bitchy user reviews caught up on the DLC fiasco.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
10. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 12:41 Rattlehead

Has anyone here played it yet? How is it? It's been getting good reviews.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Details
26. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 9, 2015, 16:27 Rattlehead

Forget 2142 for a second, that game wasn't even that good, I don't get why everyone gets a hard on for it.

What battlefield needs is a proper Vietnam entry. Bad Company 2 Vietnam was the best battlefield ever, and if they took that game and made it a stand alone entry, I would be ecstatic.

Forget the original Battlefield Vietnam, that one doesn't count.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 28, 2015, 18:31 Rattlehead

There is a massive update coming, but knowing these guys they will go back to the drawing board and start all over. They keep changing shit around every time I check. The game is too ambitious for them.

I'd stick with Terraria.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 27, 2015, 19:29 Rattlehead

I wouldn't call myself a video game addict, but I have wasted way too much time of my youth playing video games instead of doing more productive things like socializing and sports. Though, I can't play games for more than an hour or so these days, I just get too bored or distracted.

1250 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo