Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 854 (Graduate)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2017, 17:16 bhcompy

EA/2015 would've had a better chance suing Activision/Infinity Ward after the MOHAA team defected and built what is essentially the same game in the same engine for Activision with different maps than these clowns have of winning any court battle  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
19. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 22, 2017, 15:56 bhcompy

Yea, not going to matter. Members of 2015 left after Medal of Honor Allied Assault was released to go to Infinity Ward to make another Quake 3 engine based WW2 shooter that looked and played mostly the same  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 11
2. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 11 Jun 18, 2017, 23:00 bhcompy

E3 was just as busy in the early 00s before they drastically reduced the tickets they used to hand out like water to industry folks and "press". And just as easy to get into with a makeshift badge.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Officially Revealed
32. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Officially Revealed Jun 13, 2017, 00:15 bhcompy

Icewind wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 18:04:
So the KKK is in the trailer working alongside the Nazis...

Guess the writers never got the memo that the Klan is a masonic organization and Hitler was vehemently anti Freemason.

We'll just casually ignore the antisemitism

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed May 16, 2017, 23:22 bhcompy

Steam gives me ease of portability, patching, etc. No discs, no library to manage. And it's not going away, unlike Impulse.  

News Comments > Jon Shafer Joins Paradox
1. Re: Jon Shafer Joins Paradox May 12, 2017, 11:57 bhcompy

I thought maybe he was joining as a composer, but then I realized I was thinking of the wrong Jon Shafer as I read on.  

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
34. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 18:58 bhcompy

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 16:56:
I've got no hate for win10. I don't have any ads, unless they're showing up in places I don't go, which would be a rather stupid place to put them. It runs great, the ONLY issue I had with it was when I first installed it and had a pair of 970s, it saw them as a single 8gb card, and refused to believe otherwise. Disabling one let me install the drivers, and then re-enabling the second one worked as expected. SLI is dead anymore, so those 970s have new homes and have been replace with a single 1080.

Rambling! Point is, Microsoft does NOT want to keep supporting their old OS', and honestly that's their choice to not support new hardware. I'm sure Nvidia/AMD would LOOOOVE to only have to write one set of drivers, but neither one wants to be the first to say "this card only supported under Windows 10", because gamers want the latest and greatest, except when they don't because oh noes spying on me/ads, let me complain about it on my smartphone.

Agreed on all counts. I found Windows 7 to be the best OS since Windows 2000, and now I say that about Windows 10. I've got zero complaints.

News Comments > Call of Duty Returning to its Roots
28. Re: Call of Duty Returning to its Roots Feb 13, 2017, 18:27 bhcompy

Rosco wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 09:50:
Nobody has mentioned the Korean conflict. That would be more interesting than Vietnam.

Korea makes a great air war setting. F-86 vs Mig15 is a classic even matchup and a significant advancement from WW2. The ground war, not so much. Basically all late WW2 era equipment.. guns, tanks, etc.

Realistically, for a game like Call of Duty, the only thing the Korean War provides is a new setting, but that setting won't be much different than World at War and neither will the weaponry

News Comments > Call of Duty Returning to its Roots
16. Re: etc. Feb 12, 2017, 03:25 bhcompy

deqer wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 02:35:
Are we really going to let Activision get off so easy about this? With these layoffs of invalid reasoning?

Hopefully some articles are written that really stick it to Activision about this whole situation.

Laying off employees because their product failed with the invalid understanding of why it failed.

Companies should have a reserve fund that would pay for their own stupid mistakes, instead of laying off employees to pay for it.

This kind of crap is just going to continue, unless pressure is applied.

Laying off employees after a game launch is pretty much par for the course. Game development is not unlike construction. Finish a project, project goes bye bye, you get "laid off", and then you find the next game to build.. sometimes at the same place, sometimes somewhere else.

The same would apply if this were a maintenance/live team, except the timing is different than with the core build team.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
33. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 11, 2017, 23:51 bhcompy

Yifes wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 21:45:
thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 20:46:
This company is a cancer in the gaming industry. A large chunk of those profits were from microtransactions (e.g. gambling boxes).

If that is your definition of cancer then Valve is the worst offender by far, with all the actual CSGO and DOTA gambling going on.

So, CCP is the cure to cancer? They were cold blooded in their murder of external gambling in relation to EVE this past year

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
13. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 15:35 bhcompy

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 14:39:

Don't be absurd... that would mean making a SP stealth game with story, something which Blizzard doesn't even know how to do anymore...

They never knew how to?

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Season Pass Details
11. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Season Pass Details Nov 3, 2016, 01:41 bhcompy

I bought Watch Dogs. Liked it. Didn't buy the season pass, not sure what I missed. Only games I really consider additional cost content for is multiplayer games like Battlefield, where not having the extra maps are detrimental to actually playing the game.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Tease?
27. Re: Red Dead Redemption Tease? Oct 17, 2016, 10:36 bhcompy

jomisab wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 09:59:
nin wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 09:24:
This morning...

Hmmm....RDR Remastered for XboxOne/PS4/PC and/or RDR2?

Would be RDR3..

Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead R....?

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Tease?
26. Re: Red Dead Redemption Tease? Oct 17, 2016, 10:35 bhcompy

Nuhauser wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 01:43:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 18:12:
I actually bought RDR for PS3, got to Mexico before I stopped playing, gamepad aiming is just too aggravating for me.

I'm ashamed to admit it but I played the entire game (and the amazing undead nightmare addon) with the autoaim at its highest setting.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't R* claimed that the code for RDR was a horrid mess and that it would literally take years to fix it up enough just to port it to PC?

They did say it was a mess, but they also have released for Xbone, and Microsoft has been adamant that porting games over to Windows 10 is very simple with UWP tools.

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
36. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 18:15 bhcompy

Wesp5 wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 10:17:
Huh, so Valve are pushing their almost monopoly a bit further down our troats in that everyone buying retail or elsewhere is not allowed to participate in review scores anymore?

Featured Steam reviews are fucking stupid junk, mostly trolls, memes, and jokes.

The fact that you're not using something like Metacritic to check reviews is ridiculous.

This has nothing to do with monopolies and everything to do with the same thing that Amazon struggles with, fake/joke/bullshit reviews.

News Comments > Divided We Fall Released
1. Re: Divided We Fall Released Sep 7, 2016, 18:21 bhcompy

So... lowfi Company of Heroes?  

News Comments > PlayStation Now Coming to PCs
23. Re: PlayStation Now Coming to PCs Aug 23, 2016, 20:00 bhcompy

Primalchrome wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 18:39:
Very interested in the DS4 adapter, I'd really like to have seamless usage on a PC. I had high hopes for the Steam controller, but the DS4 just hits everything so well...

All that said, I'm not interested in a monthly sub to play...

Yea, this is big, and I wonder if it will work outside of the Playstation Now software. I'd love to have that device work for Steam games

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
2. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Jul 25, 2016, 20:24 bhcompy

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 20:01:
There are a lot of mp games to choose from, Quake Live can't even hit 1000 concurrent players a day.

Very few make it past a few months of real active players anymore. Gotta hit that jackpot or start grass roots somehow. The average good release doesn't get much play.

As far as this game, I was hoping for something more like Doom 2016, with a classical focus. Instead, we get FPS MOBA.

News Comments > Bridge Constructor Trains Expansion
1. Re: Bridge Constructor Trains Expansion May 25, 2016, 12:12 bhcompy

Is this the next iteration of Bridgebuilder/Pontifex?  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
12. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 17, 2016, 11:38 bhcompy

Slick wrote on May 17, 2016, 11:11:
and in half the cases loses on performance to a dual-core i3 from intel.

Until engines are actually capable of handling more than one or two cores, it will be this way forever.

854 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo