Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bhcompy

Real Name bhcompy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2010, 20:50
Total Comments 840 (Graduate)
User ID 55884

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
36. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 18:15 bhcompy

Wesp5 wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 10:17:
Huh, so Valve are pushing their almost monopoly a bit further down our troats in that everyone buying retail or elsewhere is not allowed to participate in review scores anymore?

Featured Steam reviews are fucking stupid junk, mostly trolls, memes, and jokes.

The fact that you're not using something like Metacritic to check reviews is ridiculous.

This has nothing to do with monopolies and everything to do with the same thing that Amazon struggles with, fake/joke/bullshit reviews.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divided We Fall Released
1. Re: Divided We Fall Released Sep 7, 2016, 18:21 bhcompy

So... lowfi Company of Heroes?  

News Comments > PlayStation Now Coming to PCs
23. Re: PlayStation Now Coming to PCs Aug 23, 2016, 20:00 bhcompy

Primalchrome wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 18:39:
Very interested in the DS4 adapter, I'd really like to have seamless usage on a PC. I had high hopes for the Steam controller, but the DS4 just hits everything so well...

All that said, I'm not interested in a monthly sub to play...

Yea, this is big, and I wonder if it will work outside of the Playstation Now software. I'd love to have that device work for Steam games

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
2. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Jul 25, 2016, 20:24 bhcompy

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 20:01:
There are a lot of mp games to choose from, Quake Live can't even hit 1000 concurrent players a day.

Very few make it past a few months of real active players anymore. Gotta hit that jackpot or start grass roots somehow. The average good release doesn't get much play.

As far as this game, I was hoping for something more like Doom 2016, with a classical focus. Instead, we get FPS MOBA.

News Comments > Bridge Constructor Trains Expansion
1. Re: Bridge Constructor Trains Expansion May 25, 2016, 12:12 bhcompy

Is this the next iteration of Bridgebuilder/Pontifex?  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
12. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 17, 2016, 11:38 bhcompy

Slick wrote on May 17, 2016, 11:11:
and in half the cases loses on performance to a dual-core i3 from intel.

Until engines are actually capable of handling more than one or two cores, it will be this way forever.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer May 13, 2016, 21:07 bhcompy

I wish I didn't hate the new global map so much.  

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Title Revealed?
17. Re: Battlefield 5 Title Revealed? May 6, 2016, 16:23 bhcompy

NegaDeath wrote on May 6, 2016, 16:16:
If I can go all Red Baron and shoot down some Zeppelins color me interested.

DICE already made that: Codename Eagle

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 21, 2016, 23:57 bhcompy

Of all the cancelled MMOs, this one wasn't high on my list. Realms of Torment for ambition and Imperator for potential  

News Comments > HITMAN Episode Two Trailer
16. Re: HITMAN Episode Two Trailer Apr 21, 2016, 17:37 bhcompy

Could they choose a narrator that didn't have a mouth full of cotton?  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Trailer & Rewards Program
10. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Trailer & Rewards Program Apr 14, 2016, 09:34 bhcompy

Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 21:36:
These sorts of scenarios are every conservative's wet dream. And a propaganda tool the elite cons love.

The Republican Treason: Republican Fascism Exposed

This is the type of hard hitting commentary I come to Blue's News for

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Tourney Sets Records
8. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Tourney Sets Records Apr 12, 2016, 13:38 bhcompy

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 12:04:
I tried a few rounds of CS:GO a few months ago, but it just felt crap to me. Which was weird because the last time I played CS before that (I believe it was CS: Source) it played and felt pretty good.

I've played both(as well as CS since beta 3). GO and Source aren't that much different in feel to me. The only problem is finding base pubbie servers. Everything is a goddamned surf or idle server. So basically, you play ranked, or don't play at all most of the time, and ranked games take a long time to complete.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released
10. Re: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released Apr 1, 2016, 13:00 bhcompy

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 10:09:
Nearly 2 decades later for this franchise and all they can do is some farmed-out "expansion" by people who couldn`t even handle the remake.

It`s just so simple - get a new engine, upgrade the godawful combat to Divinity: OS model (or even PoE) and hire few decent writers. Then laugh all the way to the bank with both critics and fans happy.

Larian managed it with a tiny Kickstarted budget. Bioware not being able to crack this is just a proof of what a pathetic corporate zombie they have become.

So, turn it into Diablo?

Just build it on the Neverwinter engine.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs
9. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs Mar 9, 2016, 18:24 bhcompy

Jamil20 wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 11:18:
Because usually when a game has a sequel, you expect the game to be equally good or better. Not worse. If it was a new IP, it wouldn't have received the criticism, but it wouldn't have sold nearly as well. I'm not going to mention the game breaking bugs at launch.

I don't buy SEGA/CA games since Barbarian Invasion.

Part of the problem is that RTW is one of the best RTS's ever, but that's overlooking how generic and uninspiring RTW2 is.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs
2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs Mar 8, 2016, 19:54 bhcompy

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 19:01:
Best avoid Rome 2.

Such a terrible game. Worst decision on purchasing a game I've made in years

News Comments > Dream Theater Game Plans
7. Re: Dream Theater Game Plans Mar 1, 2016, 15:30 bhcompy

Necrophob wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 14:21:
Dream Theater lost their way when they tried to get heavy after the 2005 Gigantour with Megadeth. Now it's just virtuoso wankery between the guitarist and the pianist. And kicking out their old drummer was a terribly bad decision. I saw them on the Gigantour, and that guy was awe inspiring.

Eh, Progressive Metal has been growing for a while as Power Metal has added more and more Progressive elements. Don't forget that they're friends with Sym X and co-headlined a tour with them in the late 00s(as well as getting Sym X on Gigantour), and Sym X is decidedly heavier.

As far as technical masturbation, they've always been technical masturbators. The key solo in Metropolis Pt 1 is an early example.

News Comments > Dream Theater Game Plans
6. Re: Dream Theater Game Plans Mar 1, 2016, 15:26 bhcompy

Necrophob wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 11:44:
Dream Theater hasn't made a good album in over a decade. The concept of the new one is pretty cringe worthy. If I want good progressive rock, I listen to Porcupine Tree instead.

The self-titled was pretty good. A Dramatic Turn of Events has its moments as well.

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
22. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 21, 2016, 11:50 bhcompy

Tactics games play well on consoles. Not sure about the console hate on this one. Hell, some of the best tactics games done are GBA games even  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 14, 2016, 22:13 bhcompy

DangerDog wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 15:35:
A fool and his money are soon parted.

esports lol

Makes quite a bit of money internationally. No reason that they can't be successful in the US given the size and diverse cultures we have.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 14, 2016, 22:12 bhcompy

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 14:09:
You need a *work* visa to play in a video tournament? How? Do these players have work contracts? Health insurance? Social security?

Yes, they have contracts. For lack of a better word, they're treated like athletes. Depending on the organization, they're either 1099s or W-2s in the US(most professional athletes are W-2, employees of the team). 1099s don't have any benefits. Employees may have benefits. Each organization is different.

840 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo