Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2307 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Street Fighter V Leaver Penalty
2. Re: Street Fighter V Leaver Penalty Mar 5, 2016, 11:45 Jivaro

I don't understand why they continue to make this so much more complicated than it really needs to be.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
51. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 15:39 Jivaro

Slick wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 15:16:
I've tried breaking into writing on a few occasions

As a man who was published on accident while in college I spent a short time thinking making a living as a writer would be easy. I was proven incorrect quite quickly. My oldest sister writes books, all of them have sold reasonably well to their targeted audience, and she and her husband still have to hold down regular jobs to pay the mortgage. Tough way to make a living. If you enjoy writing than you keep writing...anything more than that is a bonus.

News Comments > Black Desert Online Launches
30. Re: Black Desert Online Launches Mar 4, 2016, 15:12 Jivaro

I am glad I went all in on this game. I will get my moneys worth out of it. That said, I will say the damn thing I have said about the last 500 million MMOs that have come out...

If you don't like MMOs this game isn't going to change your opinion.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
46. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 15:07 Jivaro

Even when I don't agree 100% with Slick, I love his damn posts.

You should be a writer. Speeches, fiction, movies...something.

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Mar 3, 2016, 12:53 Jivaro

If I play and have fun...I don't care if they reused resources.  

News Comments > Hitman Trailer
1. Re: Hitman Trailer Mar 3, 2016, 12:49 Jivaro

I love the Hitman games...but this trailer is nearly worthless.  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
10. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 3, 2016, 12:42 Jivaro

I stopped playing fairly early on in beta (early access, whatever) only because I was already convinced of how fun this game was going to be and I didn't want to be tired of it before it was content complete.

Looking forward to jumping back in.

News Comments > Diablo III Secret Cow Level
8. Re: Diablo III Secret Cow Level Mar 2, 2016, 20:00 Jivaro

"The Kanai event has actually been present since Patch 2.4.0 launched, but is only available during March - the real world birth month of Kevin Kanai Griffith, the artist for whom Kanaiís Cube (and King Kanai) is named.

For those of you who may not know, Kevin was a talented and dedicated member of the Diablo III development team who passed away in October of 2014 from a rare form of cancer."

-Blizz

7. Re: Diablo III Secret Cow Level Mar 2, 2016, 18:22 Jivaro

Breadman86 wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 15:10:
I was playing D3 a few weeks ago and randomly ran across the secret cow level. I'd never seen it before. I don't remember if this is how I managed to do it or not, but interesting nonetheless.

What you ran into was not this. This is new as of this last Tuesday. What you ran into was most likely a rift that randomly occurs. You entered the Nephelem Rift as normal and instead of a variety of creatures to slay you fought bovines and eventually a king bovine of some sort I believe. This new cow level is part of an ongoing tribute to a deceased member of the development team.

6. Re: Diablo III Secret Cow Level Mar 2, 2016, 18:18 Jivaro

Kxmode wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 22:07:
Not cows. Hellish bovines.

Infernal Bovines. Get your beef straight man.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed
18. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 2, 2016, 13:25 Jivaro

*shrug* perhaps. Guess time will tell.  

16. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 2, 2016, 13:01 Jivaro

Cutter, that is so not true. I know you like the whole "I am going to be negative about everything so I can be surprised when it actually doesn't suck" approach, and I get it. We get letdown by the AAA corps all the time. It could happen this time. If it does, it won't have anything to do with transition.

Teams are constantly in transition. It's an industry in transition. People finish their part of a game and move on to the next project. People have issues in their lives like pregnancy, deaths, etc that force transition. People get promoted, people get fired. Just like every other industry in the world. This isn't a game that 4 people are working on from their garage and the guy who thought of it all just left to sing in a boy band. This is a large scale project with hundreds of people working on it and quite frankly, everybody is replaceable.

If this conversation was about the next Metal Gear game and Hideo Kojima I would totally understand the idea that someone leaving is indicative of something. This isn't that though. It's not a situation anything like that. There isn't some Mass Effect guru that everyone is relying on for the game not to suck.

If there is a legitimate reason to be skeptical it is because EA/Bioware isn't being straight about what the game is about or what to expect from it. It's like they aren't confident that fan reaction will be positive to whatever their non-Shephard game is going to be. To draw a parallel, Uncharted 4 has had it's share of staff changes and delays. Despite that people are saying "take all the time you need, we just want a good game". The difference? Naughty Dog has shown gameplay videos that actually tell us what the game's basic premise is. They give interviews that actually contain some substance. EA/Bioware, in my opinion, should take a few lessons from Naughty Dog. EA, just in general, has a really bad habit of deciding what a game is going to be and following a development plan that basically says "we magically know what the fans want even though they are literally telling us something else entirely". I am hopeful of yet another fun ME game because I loved the previous ones, but I am worried because EA seems worried.

News Comments > Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding
17. Re: Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding Mar 2, 2016, 12:20 Jivaro

Somebody lists a bunch of successes in crowdfunding and none of that matters because you donated to some that failed?

Sorry the stuff you backed is turning out to be failures. I have backed 10 different projects over the last few years. Nine of them are done, 1 is almost done and I would donate to all of them again. So if we are going to go by individual experience rather than looking at the overall big picture how do we settle it? Who has the more valid point of view? I mean, you only backed 5, I backed 10. Does my quantity give me the "right" point of view? Of course not. That would be stupid. Nobody's personal experience, by itself, means jackshit.

Crowdfunding makes things possible that wouldn't have been possible before because the target audience is dictating the cash flow. Crowdfunding gives creative people freedom from corporate money. All of that said, crowdfunding is also a risk. Crowdfunding is an opportunity for someone to take your money and spend it doing something other than what they promised. Crowdfunding means that what you pitched in for at the beginning might evolve into something you aren't as happy with by the time it is done. Crowdfunding means that unfortunately some folks that really can afford to take on the financial risk of development don't have to anymore.

It means all of that stuff and more. It sounds like you shouldn't participate in it anymore, that is for sure. I just don't agree that the process itself is a problem. People are the problem, as they are in any process.

As for Fig....yeah, I am not sure I would do that either but that has to do with that specific entity and a particular individual. It isn't somehow representative of everything crowdsourced on the planet. That's like saying the Yugo was representative of all European cars ever.

10. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 2, 2016, 11:35 Jivaro

Yeah, I don't feel like delays or staff changes are necessarily indicative of anything. Very much like sports, when someone leaves that just means the next person off the bench gets an opportunity. Until I see a true gameplay demo of some reasonable amount of time, I won't have much of an opinion other than "More Mass Effect? Sign me up." They have been fun games to play and the potential of the universe they have created is immense.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 29, 2016, 01:09 Jivaro

The guy seems baffled that Gabe could possibly have hired him and than decided he made a mistake and fired him.

I am not sure I understand what is so difficult about that to process. Happens all the time. People hire people either based on interviews or based on work experience all the time and they do it because they think they know what they are getting. When it doesn't pan out, you fire the person. It's in the job description of every boss to hire and fire people. Hopefully you are right much more often than you are wrong but make no mistake, you will be wrong sometimes. Even more weird to me is how this guy is perplexed by the concept that a company would hire him to do a job, watch him doing it and ask him to make some changes, and when he doesn't or when he gets rude about it....he gets fired.

Howard Cosell made changes when ABC asked him too for Monday Night Football, he got to keep his job. Hank Williams Jr. was specifically told what he couldn't do while under contract with a Disney subsidiary and he did it anyway....and he got fired. It's how the world works. It's how employment works. Sometimes it sucks but it definitively isn't a mystery of some kind. That's why people want to be the boss, so they get to decide how shit is gonna roll. When you are just the contracted broadcaster you are as replaceable as a roll of toilet paper.

It's all good if he wants to say "this is me, they knew what they were getting, and I went out being who I am"...but that isn't what he is really saying. He dances on that a bit but that isn't what he tries to bottom line with. He tries to lay it out at Valve's feet as if they have wronged him somehow. He is acting as if there is some big mystery here and the only mystery is just how he can possibly not understand. Sucks that it was his best friend that had to tell him, but maybe if he hadn't tried to act like he was Bill Murray on the set instead of the completely replaceable esports broadcaster that he is...he wouldn't have been in that spot. I would say "live and learn", but his essay seems to indicate that he hasn't learned anything.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2016, 13:22 Jivaro

Yeah I know..I have heard the ending is amazing. I have the Left Behind DLC downloaded and ready to go for when I do finish the game though.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2016, 10:16 Jivaro

The Last of Us is a fantastic game. I have always meant to go back and finish it. It kinda got lost in the holiday backlog and I forgot to go back to it.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 24, 2016, 11:36 Jivaro

Yeah it does. Really is amazing how long these guys have been able to put out continually great games in the same series. Most franchises have at least one or two titles that sucked or at least are very polarizing among the fans. Uncharted just keeps getting better. Hell, even the Vita game was awesome.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2016, 14:27 Jivaro

I don't even care until they make something designed for the experience that I want to play. Until than...everyone else can beta test for me.

My days of early adopting are gone. A mortgage does that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2016, 16:29 Jivaro

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 11:28:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 11:01:
nin wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 10:41:
Jebus, check that kid for a concussion...

No word on the dog show this year, Blue? Thought you were into those...

That kid was spamming forums inviting people to the server than trapping them and killing them so he could steal their stuff and keep their heads as trophies. Basically, he made Minecraft into Serial Killer 2016.

I think a concussion is the least of his issues. Holy shit.

I was talking about the obstacle course video.

oops..lol.

2307 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo