Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2293 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 29, 2016, 01:09 Jivaro

The guy seems baffled that Gabe could possibly have hired him and than decided he made a mistake and fired him.

I am not sure I understand what is so difficult about that to process. Happens all the time. People hire people either based on interviews or based on work experience all the time and they do it because they think they know what they are getting. When it doesn't pan out, you fire the person. It's in the job description of every boss to hire and fire people. Hopefully you are right much more often than you are wrong but make no mistake, you will be wrong sometimes. Even more weird to me is how this guy is perplexed by the concept that a company would hire him to do a job, watch him doing it and ask him to make some changes, and when he doesn't or when he gets rude about it....he gets fired.

Howard Cosell made changes when ABC asked him too for Monday Night Football, he got to keep his job. Hank Williams Jr. was specifically told what he couldn't do while under contract with a Disney subsidiary and he did it anyway....and he got fired. It's how the world works. It's how employment works. Sometimes it sucks but it definitively isn't a mystery of some kind. That's why people want to be the boss, so they get to decide how shit is gonna roll. When you are just the contracted broadcaster you are as replaceable as a roll of toilet paper.

It's all good if he wants to say "this is me, they knew what they were getting, and I went out being who I am"...but that isn't what he is really saying. He dances on that a bit but that isn't what he tries to bottom line with. He tries to lay it out at Valve's feet as if they have wronged him somehow. He is acting as if there is some big mystery here and the only mystery is just how he can possibly not understand. Sucks that it was his best friend that had to tell him, but maybe if he hadn't tried to act like he was Bill Murray on the set instead of the completely replaceable esports broadcaster that he is...he wouldn't have been in that spot. I would say "live and learn", but his essay seems to indicate that he hasn't learned anything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2016, 13:22 Jivaro

Yeah I know..I have heard the ending is amazing. I have the Left Behind DLC downloaded and ready to go for when I do finish the game though.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2016, 10:16 Jivaro

The Last of Us is a fantastic game. I have always meant to go back and finish it. It kinda got lost in the holiday backlog and I forgot to go back to it.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 24, 2016, 11:36 Jivaro

Yeah it does. Really is amazing how long these guys have been able to put out continually great games in the same series. Most franchises have at least one or two titles that sucked or at least are very polarizing among the fans. Uncharted just keeps getting better. Hell, even the Vita game was awesome.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2016, 14:27 Jivaro

I don't even care until they make something designed for the experience that I want to play. Until than...everyone else can beta test for me.

My days of early adopting are gone. A mortgage does that.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2016, 16:29 Jivaro

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 11:28:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 11:01:
nin wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 10:41:
Jebus, check that kid for a concussion...

No word on the dog show this year, Blue? Thought you were into those...

That kid was spamming forums inviting people to the server than trapping them and killing them so he could steal their stuff and keep their heads as trophies. Basically, he made Minecraft into Serial Killer 2016.

I think a concussion is the least of his issues. Holy shit.

I was talking about the obstacle course video.

oops..lol.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Status Report
2. Re: Street Fighter V Status Report Feb 19, 2016, 11:06 Jivaro

intermarer wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 03:22:
It was actually quite stable yesterday.
Now I hope they work on joystick support. It's ridiculous that my stick was supported in USFIV, but not SFV

I have two sticks for my PS3. They were expensive and they are fantastic and they don't work on PS4. I am not investing in another stick for the PS4. Just gonna have to rough it with the DS4. I like the game but expecting people to keep upgrading expensive and functioning hardware for no reason is just ridiculous.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2016, 11:01 Jivaro

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 10:41:
Jebus, check that kid for a concussion...

No word on the dog show this year, Blue? Thought you were into those...

That kid was spamming forums inviting people to the server than trapping them and killing them so he could steal their stuff and keep their heads as trophies. Basically, he made Minecraft into Serial Killer 2016.

I think a concussion is the least of his issues. Holy shit.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Free Content released
1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Free Content released Feb 19, 2016, 00:03 Jivaro

I am overwhelmed.

I am trying to do the Black Desert Online beta, play Street Fighter V, and now this?

My birthday was back on the 11th...it's like game developers are giving me a bunch of belated gifts...

News Comments > Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow
8. Re: Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow Feb 18, 2016, 11:45 Jivaro

That goblin frenzy happened in CBT1 too and I didn't have any lag or glitches either. Really kind of amazing since my machine is more middle of the road....I would have expected hiccups or even have to scale things back on the graphics. Everything was smooth so I hacked away with the rest of the sharks in the frenzy.

I screwed up this morning though...I forgot I had to redownload CBT2 because CBT1 is a different beast. Tried to login and the servers wouldn't recognize my client. So here I am...downloading...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2016, 11:40 Jivaro

nin wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 10:37:
Blue wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 10:30:
nin wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 10:23:
Gaga for Bowie. I think he'd have liked it.

His son apparently didn't care for it.

Yeah, but he didn't even appreciate the awesome name his dad gave him.

Touche!

There used to be (not sure if they're still there, or shut down, hopefully) a performer (believe it was a magic show) in Vegas who went by the name "Zowie Bowie".

I was going to add that in the history of famous celebrities....why does it always seem like the sons and daughters hate everything they either didn't think of or don't make money off of? Oh wait...

Just saying, asking the family members always seems like a losing proposition to me. Particularly the offspring.

6. Re: Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow Feb 17, 2016, 22:24 Jivaro

Slick wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 19:41:
so just grind the best guns, then troll EVERYBODY ^_^

hahahahaha....

3. Re: Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow Feb 17, 2016, 17:37 Jivaro

I am interested to hear what you think after playing it for a day or two. I was in the last CBT and came away fairly relieved. What I mean is that we see all this hype about the character creator and the graphics and blah blah blah...but the hype has been thin on actual gameplay. I found the world and combat mechanics to be pretty enjoyable. I only had the time to get as far as level 10 so obviously I have no worthwhile opinion on the game as a whole. You can't really review a MMO based on the first 10 levels. That said, the foundation seems to be there. For people like myself who like to roll alts and play all of the available classes, it's a dream come true. That character creator is like crack cocaine. I am going to get my moneys worth just doing that. I haven't played with a character creator that fun since City of Heroes.  

News Comments > Street Fighter V Eve Address
2. Re: Street Fighter V Eve Address Feb 16, 2016, 01:35 Jivaro

The beta was a lot of fun. Personally, I think the fight mechanics and gameplay are fantastic. They took the flash and flamboyant art style of Ultra IV and multiplied it by 10. Some people will be put off by it I am sure. I dig it though.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 15, 2016, 11:05 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 10:42:
Really? Rise of the Tomb Raider over Witcher 3? Okay...

I haven't played Rise of the Tomb Raider or Witcher 3 yet, but based on the previous games by both franchises I wouldn't have expected that. Like.....at all.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2016, 00:53 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 16:09:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 13:16:
I'm SO happy everyone. I made my last car payment today. I'm also DEBT FREE! I still have to knock out the mortgage but that'll happen soon. Yay! No more credit card / auto payments. $22,500 in 2.5 years. Dance

Congrats man!

Congrats from me as well! It's a good feeling. I haven't had a car payment since 2002 and I doubt I ever will again. When I got done in 2002 if felt so great that I decided I was going to start saving for my next car right than so that I could buy it outright. Been doing that ever since, including both cars we have now.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Troubleshooting
13. Re: XCOM 2 Troubleshooting Feb 11, 2016, 16:47 Jivaro

Shok wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 15:26:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 13:12:
Excellent. By the time I get around to actually having the free time required to play this, it'll have dropped in price and be patched up enough to run well on my old desktop. Mwahaha!

I'm with you. In my case I need my Grim Dawn addiction to wane...

I keep meaning to get to that. I kicked in money for it...I played some of it very early on and was really happy with the direction it was going...and than I got sidetracked and decided to wait for it to be "content final" before I would play again. It's basically there now and I have managed to get neck deep in a backlog over the holidays. Again. First world gamer problems. *sigh*

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2016, 08:09 Jivaro

The character creator for that game is ridiculously cool. I was in the last CBT and will be in the next one, and I have enjoyed my limited time with the game. I am not at all sure about it's long term appeal yet as I didn't get to level very far but I did have a bit of fun for my short few hours that I was able to squeeze in. My expectations are set very low though. The genre isn't exactly popping with originality at the moment.  

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Feb 4, 2016, 23:13 Jivaro

If King Joffrey were a real person, he'd be Martin Shkreli.

I mean...seriously...how much of an asshole are you when you can make Congress look like the good guys? The government might get the last laugh though. Imagine if he gets all his money taken, comes down with a disease, and then can't afford the medication for it.

That would be horrible.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled
15. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled Feb 4, 2016, 15:11 Jivaro

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 10:13:
JayDeath wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 10:11:
The game runs very well now. It's just not that fun and gets real repetitive after a few hours. I couldn't finish it.

Oh, I thought folks were still having issues.

I played a little on the ps4 (which ran fine), but quickly got bored of the batmobile...way too much of that shit.

And their season pass was fucking laughable...

Same. Too much Batmobile particularly. Rule #678 in game development: You are trying too hard when driving the car in a superhero action video game feels more like a Super Mario game.

2293 Comments. 115 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo