Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2554 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
47. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Aug 1, 2017, 09:02 Jivaro

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 07:52:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 21:09:
Heh, was just lamenting the lack of a good old-fashioned Star Citizen thread yesterday.

I should be careful what I wish for.

Was just remembering that post from yesterday as I was reading the headline... lol...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2017, 07:33 Jivaro

Not to be "that guy" but......

Are those hamsters or rats?

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
9. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jul 25, 2017, 08:27 Jivaro

I feel a great disturbance in the Geforce.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
10. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 24, 2017, 12:37 Jivaro

I wish I had a car that drove itself. Being physically disabled with a painful back condition makes driving for any real distance seem like torture and driving in California traffic becomes more like a descent into hell. I will be using a robot car as soon as I can afford it. People, generally speaking, suck at driving and my injury has made me hate doing it myself anyway.  

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support
22. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 20, 2017, 22:31 Jivaro

Dirwulf wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 21:54:
If they are dropping XP, how will characters level up?...

bah dum *ting*

News Comments > Final Fight's Abigail Joins Street Fighter V Next Week
2. Re: Final Fight's Abigail Joins Street Fighter V Next Week Jul 18, 2017, 23:58 Jivaro

SFV is easily the most disappointed I have ever been in a major fighting-game franchise release. This character isn't just bad..it's like "in the history of the franchise" bad. The DOA franchise doesn't even have a DLC character this bad and that is saying something.  

News Comments > Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM
2. Re: Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM Jul 18, 2017, 17:20 Jivaro

That's a lot of assumptions but I can't say I disagree with any of them.

I do find myself wondering if that is only because I am desperately hoping that they are in fact actively trying to find a way to salvage the Mass Effect series rather than just shitcan it...or worse...double down on it's current direction.

News Comments > Serial Cleaner Released
1. Re: Serial Cleaner Released Jul 14, 2017, 21:11 Jivaro

Pulp Fiction reference ftw.  

News Comments > Warframe: Plains of Eidolon Announced
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 11:35 Jivaro

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 11:06:
El Pit wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 09:34:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 20:37:
It's definitely one of the first I remember playing on my Atari 800. We're old men in this crowd.

Atari 800? What the hell is this? Some newish artsy fartsy stuff? Is my Atari 2600 not good enough for you, you damned hipster?

B...b...but the 2600 doesn't have a floppy drive!

But there was an Atari console that did! The Atari XEGS was the half console/half computer hybrid. (finally found the name online) My friends had Nintendos and I had that. If anyone doesn't know what it was you should google it and admire it in all of it's pastel colors and big button glory. As luck would have it, it turns 25 years old this year as it was released in 87.

Damn..25 years...jeezus...

News Comments > Warframe: Plains of Eidolon Announced
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 01:01 Jivaro

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 20:37:
Grumpy Sod wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 17:39:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 16:17:
Old man Eidolon disapproves of these shenanigans.

So pleased I wasn't the only one who immediately thought of this. I think that may actually be the first game I played on a home computer.

It's definitely one of the first I remember playing on my Atari 800. We're old men in this crowd.

ahh..the 400/800, the ST, and that weird half console/half computer version of the ST...forget the number designation. I was the one guy in my group of friends that was an Atari user. Loved them. Most of my buddies were commodore/amiga fans. Good old days.

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week
6. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week Jun 21, 2017, 00:46 Jivaro

If you like D3 it's totally worth it, but I will admit that 10 probably would have seemed more fair. That said, if you are burnt out or never liked it I am not really sure any price would have been a good one.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. 20 of the Worst PC Setups - May 2017 Jun 8, 2017, 18:16 Jivaro

in 2000, my gaming desktop computer was set up on 3 cheap ass Ikea nightstands surrounding a vintage (re: old as dirt) dining table....in the kitchen of my one bedroom apartment. Cables everywhere and my refrigerator and the computer were on the same breaker.

ahh..bachelor memories...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 5, 2017, 22:01 Jivaro

Every so often I read something like this. Baseball has been, according to sports writers, dieing for what...50 years now?

The sports evolve. It isn't like pro sports leagues live in some bubble completely unaware of what other leagues and even other types of entertainment are doing to draw fans. Not only that, pro sports leagues are so popular right now we don't just attend and bet on them, we make fake teams composed of real players and bet money on their real life successes and failures. The millennials, as much as anyone, are powering the rise of online fantasy football and fantasy sports in general even though fantasy sports has been around far longer than the Internet. Without "real" sports to provide player and team data there are no fantasy teams to bet on.

The idea that "real" sports might be hurt by esports assumes that the people choosing to watch that Starcraft match would have gone to the football game if the Starcraft match wasn't happening. Sort of like you can't assume a pirate would buy a game if he couldn't pirate it, I am pretty sure you can't assume a fan of one thing would be a fan of another thing in the absence of said thing. Or something like that...you know what i mean. My point is that I think there is more than enough market share for everyone...probably with quite a bit of overlap.

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards
5. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards Jun 5, 2017, 21:50 Jivaro

The gameplay of the Necro is good enough to pay for, provided you are still interested in the game of course. Not 20 bucks....maybe more like 10 or so? I am sure it will be more than that though.  

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 in August
3. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 in August Jun 5, 2017, 21:48 Jivaro

If it is..I am guilty as well.  

News Comments > TEKKEN 7 Released
4. Re: TEKKEN 7 Released Jun 3, 2017, 10:23 Jivaro

I prefer Injustice 2 but this Tekken game is a lot of fun so far. nobody beats Tekken when it comes to ridiculous fighter game story lines. SC is close..lol  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 10:53 Jivaro

Roger Moore passed this morning.  

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Discussion
7. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 13:32 Jivaro

If you are an action RPG fan, DA2 is worth playing if you can get it on the cheap. I had more fun with it than DA:I anyway. Sure, it's a letdown compared to DA:O in the same way that imitation crab is a letdown compared to real crab...but it can be fun and the quests and storyline have more pull than most of DA:I. I think so anyway.

I would recommend it to action RPG fans if they could get it for cheap. On PC preferably as there are some mods that can make the overall experience much better. Maybe I am alone on that opinion. *shrug*

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 11:14 Jivaro

I just want to know why CBS thinks going backwards in the timeline is a good idea. I mean, they can't be looking at Enterprise and saying "yeah, that was awesome!". Just go forward...it gives you more options and more creative freedom and you don't have to worry about crossing the time streams and all that shit. They aren't worried about conflicting with STO are they?

The complaint about it appearing to be about one person is legit as far as I am concerned. If it isn't about one person than that teaser/trailer is even more shit than I thought it was. I mean, "The Orville" had a better trailer and it's a damn parody. Hopefully its just a piss poor trailer and the actual series will not be so individually focused.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 14:25 Jivaro

Blue...Look at it this way. Obviously the Knicks aren't in on the "conspiracy" to make sure Bell goes to the Lakers. Besides, I think if the Knicks were actually in on some kind of cheating to get Ewing, the price paid was not getting a ring during his time as a player no?

2554 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo