Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2399 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Sep 15, 2016, 12:23 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 05:23:
Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 13:30:
Kajetan wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 12:40:
Remember the last studio, founded by dev celebrities departing from Blizzard, being richly funded from the start without having a proper project?

Ahh, yes, Flagship Studios! Oh boy, those were funny days

Hellgate: London had so much potential

Wasn't it patched up years later into something decent? I thought I read that somewhere...

There was a community patch that only dealt with the original game and than there was the version of the game that was re-published and from what I saw turned into a decent game with a crappy ingame store that many felt was basically P2W. (I didn't stay long enough or play long enough to have an opinion one way or the other BUT....there were EXP buffs and the like available for real money so that sounds like P2W)

I was a huge fan of the original game, warts and all.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2016, 12:28.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 14, 2016, 13:13 Jivaro

Weird that it claims the regular S7 does that. I have one as do like 10 of my friends and family and many of us have joked about how it feels like we are the only ones in our little circles currently not complaining about our phones. As always, personal experience doesn't always represent the global reality. Between all the headaches Apple and Samsung have been giving people recently I was sure I had completely lucked out.  

News Comments > Join The Crew for Free
11. Re: Join The Crew for Free Sep 14, 2016, 13:07 Jivaro

I know that was an joking observation rather than a real question Red, but it got me thinking...which is always trouble...

This account says it was opened in 2010 but I used "corrandk" or something similar to it at both VE3d.com and here before 2010....so yeah....a while. It was the late great Billy Wilson that pointed me towards this site. I visited both sites all the way up until Robert left VE3d. I checked by occasionally at VE3d after that but I wasn't a fan of Andrew (as the site runner, I am sure he is a fine human being) or IGN for that matter, so RPS became my new regular stop along with Blue.

I changed my online nick at most sites to try to unify the name across the various places I visit on the Internet. I think I opened a new account rather than change my name on the old account because I don't have access to the email the old account used as it was an old business email. (my business was Internet gaming cafes..so appropriate given the circumstances at the time) In hindsight, I should have just messaged Blue I guess.

Ultimately it was fruitless because I use either my real name (Brant) or my WoW/City of Heroes/real life nickname (Sat) at everywhere but here and the Playstation. (Playstation ID uses my hotmail account which makes changing the name problematic because the email and the name are similar.)

I mean, at one point when I was the admin of a private TS server I used Brant/Sat/Jivaro/Corrandk just to make sure everybody knew they were the same person. Maybe I was actually making sure I knew they were all the same person?! Geez...I just realized the Internet has given me an identity crisis!

Anybody gone through this or am I the lone Internet schizophrenic?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 14, 2016, 12:39 Jivaro

Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 12:18:
Chris Metzen isn't going to retire. I'm certain he'll end up at Rob's studio soon enough; maybe not this year, but likely next.

That's what I am assuming as well.

As a guy who plays and loves most of what Blizzard has ever released I should be excited about the potential of the new studio with ex-Blizz folks working at it. Instead, this whole thing is reminding me of Hellgate: London....sadly. Of course, that isn't fair to Rob's new studio....but it is what it is. Hopefully the make better business decisions under the pressures of not having ActiBlizz type budgets to work with.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 14, 2016, 12:25 Jivaro

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 11:52:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 11:49:
I am glad I went with just the standard Galaxy 7. When my Galaxy 3 died I was going to go with the Note. I liked the idea of the bigger screen and the stylus. Hopefully my 7 will last as long as my 3 and by that time they will have a Note I can get that doesn't double as an incendiary device.
If it is the Edge version, you may want to double up on your life/house/car insurances as those like to blow up too

Nope, as I said, just the standard. The Edge and my uncoordinated fat fingers didn't jive. I kept accidentally doing things during the demo, something that I absolutely don't want to have to deal with. I already use a wallet style case for my phones to keep from doing that with a normal smartphone. With practice I am sure it would have worked out but I want my smartphone to be something I don't think about, not something I have to literally practice to use. As it turns out, that "grouchy old man" logic saved me from buying an incendiary grenade this time around..lol.

News Comments > Join The Crew for Free
6. Re: Join The Crew for Free Sep 14, 2016, 12:00 Jivaro

My attempt at shortening a thread that if you look at similar threads of the past with regard to free games...should be fairly predictable in terms of posts. With that in mind I thought maybe I could save everybody some time.

Cons:
1) man, I have to download another distribution system to get it? Screw that! (This post would also have a bunch of anti-steam, anti-origin stuff in it as well and most likely cause at least 5-10 posts either supporting or making fun of the comment. So this one really helps to thin out the thread)

2) Ubisoft did all that DRM stuff remember? Screw that!

3) It's arcade not real physics. Screw that! I am not a real race car driver so I am not sure what real physics would feel like but I am sure that when people say they are just like the real thing they couldn't possibly be blowing smoke up my ass. Use real physics or GTFO you filthy casuals!!!

4) It's NFS with a story. I don't like stories and I don't like NFS, screw that! In fact, all modern video games suck. I remember back when..blah blah blah blah .....

------

Pros:

1) It's a free game that many people enjoyed. I will download that!

2) It's free? *shrug* I will download that.

3) I like driving games, I will download that!

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 14, 2016, 11:49 Jivaro

I am glad I went with just the standard Galaxy 7. When my Galaxy 3 died I was going to go with the Note. I liked the idea of the bigger screen and the stylus. Hopefully my 7 will last as long as my 3 and by that time they will have a Note I can get that doesn't double as an incendiary device.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2016, 10:31 Jivaro

To live up to the title I would think Perfect Woman would have to be on a PC.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
24. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 12, 2016, 21:19 Jivaro

Sony and MS look to be switching to a release schedule that has more in common with cell phone iterations than traditional console lifespans.

Not to dig up a long dead horse and beat it some more but...

Does that mean the PC won the war with the consoles?

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
12. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 11, 2016, 21:39 Jivaro

I would have upgraded to a Pro from my current PS4 at launch but since they aren't going to upgrade the blu-ray player to Ultra and I am not going to be purchasing VR this year I might as well wait a bit and see how things play out. My TV can take advantage of the upscaling and most of the other added bonuses games might have visually from the upgraded hardware but I think I will wait until I have a more pressing reason to bother with it. Maybe when Horizon Zero Dawn comes out it will have enough extra eye candy for me to make the jump based solely on one game but that is in February and the gadget geek in me was hoping to get one to play with before than. By than maybe they will have a bundle or a larger hard drive or both.  

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
20. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 10, 2016, 13:06 Jivaro

JediPunisher wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 13:59:
Fantastic single-player campaign... but dying every 10 to 20 seconds is not my idea of fun multi-player.

This and the bots demand are the same two things I think about this game. I loved the single player, although I do have yet to actually finish it, but the multiplayer just doesn't feel right. I can see what they were trying to do, with regards to blending old Doom and Quake feel into the gameplay, but the genre and the industry have moved so far past the movement limitations of those classic games that I think they didn't embrace enough of the "new". I am not sure if that makes sense..but it made sense in my head..lol

As for the bots...I don't even know why they bothered to launch without them. Most games have them in some form and the ones that don't always get trashed for it and either take the negative points in their reviews or add them later. It feels like we have gotten to a point where that (bots) isn't an optional feature anymore, or shouldn't be. *shrug*

I am sure there are folks that don't see the point, if for no other reason than bots are never as good as real people. If they were worse than 50% of the player base I might understand that reasoning but in my experience it feels like modern FPS deathmatch AI is better than at least half of the player base in most games. So yes, at some point you will outgrow the bots and they will be able to offer nothing to your skill....but you have to get better then a huge portion of the player base before that happens. That makes sense in my head.

I bought the game on Day one and have enjoyed it tremendously, it's just too bad that when I do finish the campaign that will probably be the end of the game for me. I can't see choosing this over Overwatch for my daily online shooter fix. I wasn't blown away by Battlefield 1 either, quite the opposite, so for the time being it looks like Overwatch will be my Shooter of the Day for some time.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2016, 13:14.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 9, 2016, 13:14 Jivaro

wtf_man wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 12:17:
I executed my plan in 2007... cord cut.

Every year I say I am going to do this...and every year Comcast gives me another "one year bundle" that somehow manages to be only slightly more expensive than getting my content through entirely Internet means. I like the Comcast DVR and On-Demand features/systems so the minimal expense seems very much worth it. More importantly, my wife demands that whatever we do it is really simple to use. Remote control simple. One of these years Comcast will make an offer that is too high and my wife will be willing to deal with added complexity to save the money....but as long as that bundle basically caters to folks who prioritize convenience nearly as highly as the content itself, I am not sure it's going to happen in this household.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2016, 14:21 Jivaro

Thanks! Makes sense.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
23. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 11:20 Jivaro

Looked like a Mass Effect game to me.....for which I am very happy. Hopefully the end result is a Mass Effect game.  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2016, 11:18 Jivaro

I have read some articles about HDR for TVs. I am left a bit confused. Not surprising as I have fallen more than a bit out of the loop with regards to hardware since I left the computer industry...and video was never really my thing anyway. I get lost in all the numbers and acronyms.

Anyhoo....

Can someone, using the simple terms and generalized examples you would give to your mother, explain to me why I should care about HDR, specifically with regards to gaming. (console or PC) Additionally, how does all this HDR and 4K stuff affect my next monitor purchase? I have a three monitor setup, mostly to multi-task as few games support three screens very well. (Video game on center primary, Sportscenter or whatever streaming content on left secondary, email and browsing on right tertiary.)

I will be replacing all three monitors soon(ish) as one is not 1080 capable and the other two are two different sizes. (23" 1080 on the left, 32" 1080 in the center, and 22" 720 on the right)

Any insight from those who have experience or are informed would be greatly appreciated.

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12
5. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 11:09 Jivaro

Acleacius wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 10:23:
I had to buy my directx 12 patch at the in-game real money shop! Giggle

In game? I thought it was on the Windows App store?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 8, 2016, 11:04 Jivaro

The dude laid out a pretty easy to follow and practical explanation of his process.

The vitriol of your response Forged..it seems a bit harsh given we are on a site that is dedicated to exactly those kind of topics. Besides, isn't the whole neckbeard nerd stereotype a bit overplayed and really out of place given the forum? I mean...are you simply the stereotypical insecure, wannabe edgy jock that picks on the smart people to hide his lack of technological fortitude that you come across as with a post like that? Somehow, I doubt it.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2016, 11:35.

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12
2. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 10:05 Jivaro

Mandatory "I didn't ask for this" comment. Just to get it out of the way.

No but seriously...question for the more hardware attuned: If you have SLI setup and a game like this says it uses DX12 but doesn't support multi-GPU....does that mean it will automatically use only one GPU or would a SLI user have to make some sort of adjustment? Additionally would I be correct in assuming that at this point, generally speaking, (DX=12 and one GPU) would be for looks while (DX<12 and 2 GPUs) would be for performance?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 7, 2016, 23:24 Jivaro

PS4 Pro = not being able to play ulra Blu-Ray movies when your whole sales pitch is "4K!!!"

wut?

News Comments > Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released
10. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 13:28 Jivaro

I played a bit yesterday...it's fantastic. I am going to love this trip down memory lane. Just gotta decide what to pair with Earth Mastery. Never tried that skill path before but it is fun burning everything down.

Despite the massive update and the gargantuan patch notes...one thing I wish had happened was that the inventory space graphically matched the actual amount of space you have. My inventory holds a lot more than it appears to, but I have to use the auto-arrange buttons to get at all the things because when it appears to be full the game starts stashing stuff somewhere I can't see. I haven't read the notes entirely (or, really at all) so maybe they address this....probably just the price I pay to have an inventory of decent size.

2399 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo