Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2446 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Sombra Announced
4. Re: Overwatch Sombra Announced Nov 4, 2016, 16:40 Jivaro

This will be a movie or TV thing in no time. Warcraft was just the beginning.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
8. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 14:13 Jivaro

Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 13:02:
So why would a game company go cross-platform? So PC users can tell console users what terrible people they are while destroying them less due to skill and more due to equipment?

That tends to be my bottom line as well. At the end of the day not everybody enjoys gaming the same way. If two different ways of gaming are successful monetarily, I wouldn't think you (as a developer or publisher) would be anxious to do anything that might upset that balance....regardless of what the actual gamers say. The sales numbers tell the story better than any forum thread full of the vocal minority might. At least from a certain point of view. We all find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. Smartass

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2016, 13:44 Jivaro

Wait wait wait....

Your avatar's gender matters? They don't just make one avatar with if/then rules? I don't XBOX, or at least I haven't since the origal XBOX, but I was messing with the MS Store this morning and holy shit they make it weird to do nearly anything....including purchase something. That said, this avatar costume thing has me perplexed. Admittedly that isn't hard to accomplish but...

Are you not allowed to change your avatar's gender? Don't you keep a collection of avatar costume pieces? So if today I feel like my avatar looking like Billy Bob and tomorrow I want it to look like Billie Jean...I can't do that or if I do I have to go re-purchase/download all (or just the one I want) the costumes I already have so they are gender appropriate? I ask because MS won't let me download 2 of those costumes because "my avatar is the wrong gender". I think it's a really bad idea to make avatars defined in any way by gender but that isn't the point. The point is that I am used to keeping an avatar collection with most apps and services and I just pick the one I feel like going with that day, week, month..whatever. So if I am reading everything correctly MS has theirs setup so if I choose an avatar with a different gender than my current avatar I have to go search out and download a whole new "version" of whatever avatar costume it is that I might already have but apparently need to get MS's approval before I commit to my virtual gender swap.

So..since it's been so long since I used an XBOX or XBOX live...and I have never used Live on an actual XBOX...what part of all of this am I missing because I am a little surprised that MS would even bother wading into the gender discussion. I mean, they aren't going to get reliable data from it so I don't see the upside. What am I missing? I don't recall ever setting up an avatar before but it's obvious I did looking at my current one...but I don't remember anything about gender so perhaps I did it before the current avatar system? I don't know. Just seems weird to me in 2016 to have an entertainment service essentially force you to declare your gender identity online to them or at the very least make it so you are making an avatar based on gender and whatever MS considers "normal".

edit: I know I am way overthinking this and don't confuse this as a SJW getting ready to charge into battle. I hardly use XBOX anything for anything so my opinion is always going to be that the actual users are the ones that need to get in MS's ear if they have an issue...not people like me that hardly use it. I am just asking here because I am curious and I figure someone here probably knows.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
4. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Spotted? Nov 1, 2016, 11:12 Jivaro

As much as I would love a new class...I am more interested in new content.  

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
47. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Nov 1, 2016, 11:10 Jivaro

...and Nexus is making an entirely new mod manager to replace the NMM soon. Not only that but the author of the other Skyrim mod manager, MO, is going to be the one that makes it. Both things are good news for the community regardless of the version of Skyrim they play.

As for modding as a whole, the only real trip up are mods that used SKSE. Once SKSE is brought to the new 64 bit environment, which according to the team's post it will be one way or the other, most of the mods that have ever been made for Skyrim will be able to be ported if they haven't already.

News Comments > Origin Coming Back to Myanmar
10. Re: Origin Coming Back to Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 19:05 Jivaro

Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 18:42:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 15:54:
One day, gabe newell is going to pass away and the guy who takes over for him will sell Steam to Microsoft.

Facebook because after they conquer VR, they'll want to take over the PC video games distribution market.

Amazon or Google Play would have been my first choices if Valve was sold, but Facebook is hard to argue against. Infinite money to outbid everyone if nothing else.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 17:10 Jivaro

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 14:47:
sauron wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 14:42:
Wow, I missed all the drama - I had my daughters over this weekend (Ms. Sauron 1 and Ms. Sauron 2). Very busy - having to teach them the ins and outs of dark and wicked sorcery takes up so much time!

I'm trying to imagine Sauron as a potential father-in-law, and the pressure that must be on any potential suitors.

It certainly lends a different perspective to the phrase "put a ring on it".

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 29, 2016, 11:31 Jivaro

Where as I was thinking "too many 'games'"....

Looking through a Steam sale these days is basically flipping through 4 to 5 pages of 49 cent trash..every time.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2016, 10:52 Jivaro

I have known too many lifelong Cubs fans to not root for them now that they are finally in the series. It's like when Seattle won the Super Bowl. I normally root against them regardless of situation because they are division opponents to the Niners...but I have seen the misery that was being a Seahawk fan at one point and it was hard not to have some sympathy for them.

It's got to piss off the Indians though. They are a top notch organization who has worked their asses off over the last 5 years to get where they are and if they were playing nearly anyone else they would be America's underdog sweethearts...particularly with the Cavs NBA win. The media is largely focused on telling the story from the Cubs point of view though. More fuel for their fire I guess.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 25, 2016, 09:09 Jivaro

It's too bad that my gut says the Pixel will go over about as well as the Kindle phone because everything I have read and watched about the Pixel looks pretty damn good.

Hope my gut is wrong...I would like a new Android option.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2016, 13:43 Jivaro

I felt like the "Edge"ier features were gimmicks as well. I also wanted the Note, but at the time I just couldn't come up with any real reasons to buy it that would cover the cost so I settled on the base model. I hadn't replaced my phone since I bought my S3 Galaxy, I tend to use them until they die, so a 4 generation upgrade was quite nice in terms of memory, speed, thinness, and the size of the screen. Battery time, which wasn't really a problem, is also extended. I recharge this thing at night on a wireless charger and I never really have to add any charging time to it outside of that.

My wife uses an iPhone, usually a generation or two older than whatever is new. This time around she splurged and went with the new giant size iphone. That thing is beast...but my wife likes the idea of a "phablet". I can't blame her. She has a purse she can stow it in. I wouldn't want to try to stick it in a pocket though.

The S3 was still the best cell phone I have ever bought. In hindsight, a refurbished S3 probably would have been fine for me as a replacement. I only started shopping for a new phone because A)My wife wanted one and B)My screen was so cracked that I was starting to have trouble accessing certain things. Since I don't care about the latest greatest games etc on the mobile phone platform, the hardware itself was pushing my email/GPS/phone calls just fine.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2016, 13:51.

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Trailer
5. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Trailer Oct 21, 2016, 23:37 Jivaro

If the Special Edition runs better than my modded install of basically mesh and texture replacements, than I am all for it. This the one game that suffered the most when I made the change to Win 10...having it running well again without having to sacrifice my eye candy would be great. All the other types of mods will be adapted eventually. The mod community is nothing if not determined and resourceful. Given enough time they have proven that they will add whatever the hell they want to a TES game eventually. (speaking from the PC perspective of course..console modding is not there yet obviously)  

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
49. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 21, 2016, 11:46 Jivaro

Timmeh wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 20:28:
this looks AWESOME!

Come on.. playing madden head to head at a table against someone with back to back devices would be super sweet!

I like the way you think...but I will admit that using those controllers to play Madden takes a bit of the appeal out of it.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released
2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released Oct 21, 2016, 11:37 Jivaro

Amazon has let me down for the first time...

Not getting my 25th Anniversary edition until the 25th because of some sort of shipping delay. It might be a blessing in disguise given my current infatuation with Divinity: Original Sin at the moment. I didn't get to DOS until 2 weeks ago and I have found it hard to play much of anything else since.

Even my *gasp* Madden time has suffered! The horror!!

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
23. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 14:39 Jivaro

Ballsy move Nintendo. Doubling down on "we don't compete with the other consoles because we are so different from them". Let's see if they get a "Wii" reception or a "Wii U" reception this time around...  

News Comments > David Brevik Joins Path of Exile
14. Re: David Brevik Joins Path of Exile Oct 20, 2016, 02:16 Jivaro

Kosumo wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 22:14:
What ever your opinion, the price is right on Path Of Exile.

One of the best F2P games there have been. It's f2p done right.

+1

News Comments > New Paragon Character Next Week
3. Re: New Paragon Character Next Week Oct 20, 2016, 02:07 Jivaro

You might as well give it a go if you got free stuff to spend on it. It's decent fun but not nearly as cutting edge as the PR tries to make it out to be.

News Comments > Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month
2. Re: Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month Oct 19, 2016, 10:45 Jivaro

I did too. I played it while recovering from back surgery number 2 on PS3. It was like Zelda and God of War decided to get together and make a game. The second one was good as well. If they remaster that and sell them together as a bundle on Steam or PS4, I would probably be willing to take that stroll down memory lane.

Not going to buy it solo right now though...too much other stuff to play atm.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 18, 2016, 21:32 Jivaro

I would laugh forever if Tim Cook donated the Patriots a bunch of iPads. I don't care what tablets people use, but watching the Patriots stick it to Goodell and the league if only in passive-aggressive ways is still highly amusing to me.

I am no Patriots fan, but fuck I hate what Goodell and a number of the more powerful owners are doing to the league.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 20:49 Jivaro

sauron wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 16:09:
Jivaro wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 13:23:
snipped for space

I think if I tried to eat one of those I'd probably end up in the ER. It does sound delicious but I don't think my gut would ever forgive me.

I guess I'll just stick to a glass of freshly squeezed hobbit juice. Tasty and wholesome!

Corned Hobbit is always allowable as a substitute meat. Dropping the coleslaw in favor of brined elven ears will reduce calories and your likelihood of acid reflux as well.

2446 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo