Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2555 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 18:19 Jivaro

I had to look up what a petabyte was. I thought it was what a rabid vegan might do at first.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TEKKEN 7 DLC Next Week
6. Re: TEKKEN 7 DLC Next Week Aug 24, 2017, 21:00 Jivaro

Not being a fan of the GTA games probably has something to do with me not knowing about it.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Aug 24, 2017, 18:10 Jivaro

oh damn..that's an even better story!  

News Comments > Overwatch Mei Trailer
11. Re: Overwatch Mei Trailer Aug 24, 2017, 13:46 Jivaro

Prez wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 06:05:
Blizzard is second to none in storytelling animations. This was great! And yeah, it makes more sense if you follow the Overwatch lore. If Blizzard has done anything better than the other hero shooters out there, it is how they have made us care about the characters so much. I think this is what sets Overwatch above all the rest out there. The world is so rich and alive. No other hero shooter comes close in that regard.

Personally, I am SOOOO hoping for an Agents of Mayhem-style single player experience in the Overwatch world.

+1

News Comments > Tyranny Expansion Next Month
21. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 24, 2017, 13:44 Jivaro

Thanks for all the responses Seems a Tyrant of the Year Edition on a sale might be the best way to go. This sounds like it is exactly my kind of PC game (which means I will look over small inconveniences or bugs) but I am not in some great hurry to play as my backlog is still miles long.  

News Comments > TEKKEN 7 DLC Next Week
1. Re: TEKKEN 7 DLC Next Week Aug 24, 2017, 11:14 Jivaro

I am entirely too happy about the return of Tekken Bowl.  

9. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 23, 2017, 21:36 Jivaro

Goodtry wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 21:19:
Jivaro wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 20:30:
How does the Blues community feel about this game?

I love it and I think it's well worth buying, personally. It's much better than Pillars of Eternity in my view.

That would be a good thing....I found Pillars of Eternity very boring.

6. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 23, 2017, 20:56 Jivaro

You could take some of that Trump ecstasy I hear you EU folks got...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41015254

4. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 23, 2017, 20:42 Jivaro

Seriously CJ, sometimes I think you really need to take a few valium or smoke a bowl or something. It was a generalized question aimed at asking anyone who read it. Obviously Blues isn't the fucking Borg.

Thanks for the opinion on the game though.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 23, 2017, 20:37 Jivaro

Dude pretending to be a repo man was stealing a car....if you believe the filmers.  

2. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 23, 2017, 20:30 Jivaro

How does the Blues community feel about this game?  

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access
6. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Aug 23, 2017, 08:28 Jivaro

Flo wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 02:36:
If you got into the closed beta you can still play the free version through the Bethesda.net launcher.
I enjoyed the closed beta. In fact, this was the only game that pulled me away from Overwatch. I played lots of Quake in the 90s and Champions feels pretty good.

+1

News Comments > Destiny 2 Launch Trailer
3. Re: Destiny 2 Launch Trailer Aug 21, 2017, 22:50 Jivaro

I pre-ordered and beta tested the first one on PS4. It was a great game in many ways however I suck at shooters with a gamepad. Horribly. I gave it a good effort because I did like the game itself but I ended up cancelling the pre-order and bailing on the whole game because I knew I would hit my fun ceiling really quickly given my lack of gamepad skill.

If they released the first game on PC with mouse controls I would buy it in a heartbeat. Sequels aren't always better so I will wait until after release to see reviews and judge player responses. That said, playing a Destiny game with a mouse seems like a lot of fun waiting to be had.

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
19. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 21, 2017, 22:05 Jivaro

Give MS a millimeter and they will try to take a mile.....when they can't take the mile they simply cut bait leaving paying customers hanging rather than actually improving the product to customer expectations. This isn't unique to gaming, this is how MS does business.

I don't care how many different game launching platforms I use but giving MS money for any game given their actions and failures of the last decade just seems like asking to be taken advantage of. Again.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 17, 2017, 11:42 Jivaro

That is quite the update coming down the beta pipe at Sony PS.  

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Released
5. Re: StarCraft Remastered Released Aug 14, 2017, 23:05 Jivaro

This is great. The trip down memory lane is terrific. From what I have experienced so far they did a fantastic job with this remaster.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 14, 2017, 13:48 Jivaro

I am as streamer indifferent as anyone but streaming is part of the future of the gaming industry whether you, me, or whomever like it or not and the devs/pubs are just adjusting to the times in ways that acknowledge the wants/needs of their current and future player base. Can't blame them for that, they would be pretty horrible at business in general if they didn't adapt to industry changes brought on by the interests of the customers. Seems pretty no-brainer to do what you can to eliminate anyone who makes it their sole mission to ruin the fun of others, streamers or otherwise. *shrug*  

News Comments > The International 2017 Trove Carafe
3. Re: The International 2017 Trove Carafe Aug 7, 2017, 09:37 Jivaro

Trove Covefe  

News Comments > Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight
1. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 11:28 Jivaro

Looks fun...love it when games I had no idea were being developed suddenly appear and they check multiple boxes on my "preferences" list.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2017, 16:23 Jivaro

I have no problem with calling it a sport. You have to train for it and it's competitive...good enough for me I guess.

That said, the name comes across as trying a bit too hard. I get that "games" is more immature sounding (in english) than "sports" but I can't imagine it makes much difference in terms of the target market.

2555 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo