Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2353 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
45. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 14:32 Jivaro

I wonder if the server attack has anything to do with the EA server outages in Madden last night.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Play Coming to EVE Online
2. Re: Free Play Coming to EVE Online Aug 31, 2016, 13:48 Jivaro

I tried the game a long time ago and have kept up on some of it's development over the years but in general....I am Jon Snow when it comes to Eve Online.

That said, if the game vets are happy with the move than it passes my "eye" test because VERY rarely does a game make a F2P option and the existing players are happy about it.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 31, 2016, 13:46 Jivaro

They are great books. For bookworms, "fanpeople", and collectors. Not for those looking for any real practical use though.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 13:41 Jivaro

I am probably going to get flamed but...I am the guy you hate that pre-orders all the games he knows he is going to play. Hear me out..

I probably pre-order, on average over the course of a year, one game a month between 3 platforms. I do it because if I am going to buy a game at retail, which I still prefer to do whenever possible, than I want the collector's edition the vast majority of the time. This past year I bought the CE of Uncharted 4 (PS4), Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC), Doom (PC), Overwatch (PC) and most recently Deus Ex...to name a few. In that same time I also pre-ordered the normal versions of Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS4), NBA162K (PS4), Madden 17 (PS4), and WoW's Legion expansion (PC). I wasn't disappointed with any of them, quite the opposite. (Obviously, the WoW expansion is still to be determined) As far as the games I play are concerned, it's been an outstanding year for game releases.

I have also had a good experience with my Kickstarter choices. None of them have failed to deliver and only one of them has become a product I probably would have skipped and waited for release if I had to do it over. (Star Citizen, although I didn't seek a refund since I am only in for the 35 dollar bounty hunter ship and I have had some fun with the various alpha releases)

I don't say all of this to brag or to be contrary. I say this because like everyone here, this is my hobby. I stay informed on it's various goings on and as such I am fairly confident in my ability to pick out things I will actually enjoy based on their description and price. Not just a hobbyist or a consumer, but also as an adult that has been shopping for video games for nearly 30 years.

Sure, there will be an Star Wars: Battlefront every now and again. I choose to simply hold their developer/publishers accountable rather than stop pre-ordering all together. I was more entertained by Battlefront than most here, but if I had to do it over I would probably have skipped it. In the future both DICE and EA will have to do more than appeal to my inner fanboy to get me to buy their releases. Do I stop pre-ordering completely because one game was marginally entertaining and 11 others were everything I wanted? I am not sure I see that solving any problems.

I get that the current pre-ordering system has it's flaws, but I guess I would rather have consumer oriented return/exchange policies (I fucking love Amazon) and some consumer accountability when it comes to pre-ordering a game. Sometimes a game is everything it says it is and yet still falls short of expectations. Planetary Annihilation is that game for me. It is everything it says it will be and yet somehow I find it so much more boring than I expected. I loved TA, but PA is just more of that and nearly 2 decades later I think they needed to add more to the game than just a planetary perspective. (I know they added more than that, you know what I mean)

Now..season passes...those should burn in hell. Specifically the ones that don't detail completely what all of the promised DLC will include. But that's another discussion....

News Comments > Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released
10. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 31, 2016, 01:07 Jivaro

Fallout or a non-MMO TES game with co-op....one can dream.  

News Comments > PS Now PC Streaming Begins
7. Re: PS Now PC Streaming Begins Aug 31, 2016, 01:04 Jivaro

Slick wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 23:33:
While I wouldn't buy a DS4 controller for this, I happen to have 2 of them, and I fucking love them, syncs with bluetooth on pc just fine. And ergonomically it's the best controller I've ever used.

+1

Would be nice if they at least provided keyboard options...but if I am stuck with a controller at least I am stuck with one I actually like to use.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 26, 2016, 14:12 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 11:48:
Fastest way to get pizza in NZ? Shoot down a domino's drone.

I immediately thought the same thing when I saw this headline in my feed.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Changes
11. Re: Titanfall 2 Changes Aug 26, 2016, 13:53 Jivaro

nomoreshite wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 08:49:
tried on xbox.

same problems as with first titanfail.

I tried it on PS4...based on what I saw in that alpha test...I wasn't exactly blown away by the so-called improvements either.

Seriously, unless the single player game is mindblowing (doubtful), I don't see how they expect different results than from the first game. This franchise is the gaming equivalent of spending the same amount of money that a Lambo Diablo costs but only getting a Ford Mustang. This is coming from a guy that liked (or at least saw the potential of) the core gameplay of the first game. I am really disappointed that they haven't done better with this.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 26, 2016, 13:44 Jivaro

The NBA2k17 app+prelude mini-game both sound like creative ways to expand the sports genre.  

News Comments > Diablo III Stress Test
8. Re: Diablo III Stress Test Aug 26, 2016, 13:41 Jivaro

NetHead wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 11:55:
nin wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 10:10:
Excellent point, Blue. I got all excited reading the story, only to be instantly disappointed.

Diablo 3 in a nutshell.

Sounds like me losing my virginity...

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced
3. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced Aug 24, 2016, 22:19 Jivaro

If you are a Prime member you get it for ~76 bucks if you pre-order through Amazon.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2016, 13:05 Jivaro

I was managing a small chain of Internet gaming cafes when TF was introduced. I don't have to tell anyone here how new Internet gaming and Internet gaming cafes were at the time. That game, along with a few others from the era, have a huge spot in my heart as that 5 years or so on the job was some of the most fun I have had in the working world.

Blue, you might find this bit interesting: We had this custom launcher UI that we used in place of just a Windows desktop wallpaper and the start menu. There was a link to IE of course and our customers would frequently check the Internet for gaming news and hardware info. The two most visited gaming sites on the browsers at the time? VoodooExtreme and BluesNews. This was Denmark Blue...you were global 20 years ago!

Tipsy: Take some comfort in the fact that you are very clearly not the old guy here. Also...my custom .cfg files for both Rocket Arena 2 and TF are in a folder on a USB thumbdrive I keep in my computer desk. You know..in case I get the itch to revisit my youth.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2016, 13:14.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
30. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 12:37 Jivaro

Great game, loving it so far. Bought the PC Collector's Edition on pre-order and I regret nothing. My game runs pretty smoothly despite my rig being woefully under-powered for the settings I am using. I get a consistent 35fps on my High/custom settings. For my style of stealthy style of gameplay, that works out just fine.

Yep, this is exactly what I asked for.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 14:32 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:40:
Nimh wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:19:
Didn't school start last week?

Yup. That's probably the biggest chunk of it right there.

They announced a Harry Potter Go in the last couple of days. You collect "fantastic beasts". My twenty something step-daughter lost her mind.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 14:04 Jivaro

I watched some of the womens gymnastics finals and I watched Bolt race.

Other than that....the tv schedule sucked balls (live, taped, whatever) and the IOC is a mess, so I couldn't be bothered.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Aug 19, 2016, 03:55 Jivaro

I am stoked. Collector's Edition on the way...Madden and this will be fighting for play time for a bit.  

News Comments > Overwatch Animated Short
6. Re: Overwatch Animated Short Aug 19, 2016, 03:52 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 21:31:
Very Disney/Pixar/Short Circuit.

Very impressive.

Why they haven't just started a full on animated movie production studio I do not know. They are leaving money on the table. Hell, some people would sell children, and not just their own, to see weekly 15-30 minute episodes let alone a full movie.

Forget this live action stuff....give me the cartoons!

News Comments > Final Fantasy XV Delayed
5. Re: Final Fantasy XV Delayed Aug 15, 2016, 12:00 Jivaro

I think they believe this game(s) can't just be good, it needs to be a home run. They have ~30 years of consistently "good" games in this franchise but what makes each new release so anticipated is the perception that there is a possibility for another FF6 or FF7....a game that becomes your new favorite or your new benchmark for the genre. It's just my opinion, but I just haven't seen a FF game that did that for quite some time.

If they think 2 months is what it will take to polish it up, more power to them. A strong FF title released going into the holidays would certainly be welcome.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2016, 11:10 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 09:38:
So what you are saying..... is that to get Starbucks beans, it involves BJ's and sucking?

*hands Blue his chapstick*

And everyone chokes at least the first time, you'll get the hang of it

As a former Starbucks employee....I just spit my coffee out.... lol

News Comments > StarCraft HD Next Month?
1. Re: StarCraft II HD Next Month? Aug 5, 2016, 10:37 Jivaro

I can't say I have been dreaming of this but I will admit that it would get me to give it another go through the campaigns. For old times sake.  

2353 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo