Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2399 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
15. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 9, 2016, 12:26 Jivaro

*you're  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: What’s the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 7, 2016, 14:06 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 13:15:
bigspender wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 01:05:
Not trying to argue. But genuinely curious if you believe in the whole Noah's Ark thing? I'm struggling to comprehend how big the boat must have been to fit so many animals onto it.
(I haven't read the bible, so wondering if it says anything about the size of the ship?)

It was yuuuge! And lemme tell ya, it was the best ship ever.

you win the Internet today.

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin
14. Re: Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin Oct 7, 2016, 14:01 Jivaro

More free stuff and I am completely fine with it. Particularly when it's a truly classic game.  

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Support Ends
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Support Ends Oct 6, 2016, 22:57 Jivaro

No "game breaking" bugs for me as of yet, I guess your odd is my lucky?

That first one you quoted talks of the expansion pack, which I have not yet installed or played so I can't speak to that specifically. Other than that, I apologize for not having any problems with my game...I guess.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2016, 14:05 Jivaro

Blue, in the Mets' defense it is an even year. Who the hell wants to play the Giants in the playoffs in an even year..let alone face Mad Bum in October, in the playoffs, and in an even year?

But seriously, it was a well played game beginning to end. The Mets were decimated this year by injuries and the Giants didn't have to go to their pen. Now we see if the this Giants team of mine, a team that has been horrible since the all-star break, can keep it going. As a fan of the team I want to be able to say "yeah, they got it back on track!", but momentum is a fickle friend in baseball. The Cubs look like a hell of a mountain to climb. Good management, good hitting, good pitching....the Cubs will be extremely tough.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Support Ends
1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Support Ends Oct 6, 2016, 13:53 Jivaro

I am trying to find a way to be mad about this because it reads like something I should be mad about.

I am not mad though. I mean, I own the collector's edition and play the game but I have had nearly zero problems. (one corrupted save game that cost me nearly zero time and has not happened since) Maybe people who play more multiplayer or make their own stuff for the game have issues that still need to be addressed, but I got nothing.

I wouldn't encourage this to be regular practice among the big publishers but in this particular situation I am just not seeing an issue...and I am a huge fanboy of the games. I buy them on title alone and that is because I have enjoyed every entry in the Heroes line. (3 was my favorite, but I liked them all) The M&M line on the other hand, those I have to spend some time researching before I buy them. A few of them have really sucked balls.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
17. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Sep 28, 2016, 08:10 Jivaro

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 03:14:
as someone who hates playing console games unless I have to...

I played hundreds of hours of Destiny on my PS4. It has extremely well polished game mechanics so everything feels good.

What is lacked, was any sensible content that wasn't a massive grind to upgrade weapons/armor.I quit at Crota raids after I got all the items I wanted and never went back. I hear the new expansions are good but it really was a huge grind fest.

I didn't make it to the raids, but I enjoyed my time with the game. I just couldn't get myself to invest time and money into a shooter on console. I have moaned here before about my challenges with gamepads and FPS games....so I won't do it again. That being said, sign me up for a Destiny game on PC, 1 re-made or a sequel. I would be all over it.

note: I am aware that, at one time at least, you could use a mouse and keyboard on PS4 in Destiny despite the obvious advantage in PVP situations. I didn't do it because I viewed it as cheating...which isn't really fun.

News Comments > More GOG.com Connect
2. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 26, 2016, 11:34 Jivaro

free stuff taken and appreciated.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 25, 2016, 11:44 Jivaro

People are going to give up their steering wheels kicking and screaming but the roads, particularly in urban and metropolitan areas, would be safer if we all used robot cars.

Humans, as a species, can't drive for shit. Too selfish, too self-absorbed, and too aggressive. The last 20+ years or so of obscene traffic in our major cities has basically provided all the evidence we will ever need to factually state that robot cars would save lives.

Unfortunately humans, as a species, have another detrimental characteristic. We don't actually place much value on facts that don't either maintain our comfortable status quo or benefit us directly and immediately.

The robot car is the invention that could save thousands of lives annually but we will be so slow to adopt them that I suspect it will be decades before the mainstream population accepts them.

Folks in rural areas are a different thing. I can understand why Bubba Joe in a town of 1000 people in western Montana doesn't have a use for the tech and doesn't want anything to do with it. The lack of traffic, the amount of dirt roads..etc etc...that makes sense to me.

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
134. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 25, 2016, 11:36 Jivaro

Quboid wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 11:03:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 10:58:
Well, this thread certainly didn't disappoint...

At least we've finally sorted these issues out, once and for all.

lol...

News Comments > Gone Gold - Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration
5. Re: Gone Gold - Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Sep 25, 2016, 11:24 Jivaro

Square Enix should just go full Capcom and start calling their Tomb Raider re-releases "Super" or "Ultra...or both.

"Ultra Super Rise of the Tomb Raider Featuring Lara Croft: The 20 Year Anniversary Collector's Edition"

I missed my calling in marketing right?

News Comments > Civilization VI Specifications
14. Re: Civilization VI Specifications Sep 25, 2016, 11:01 Jivaro

descender wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 20:18:
I know this isn't what he meant but I don't know why anyone buys these games before the 2 expansions and the GOTY version drop. I suppose some people just hate their money :p

OOH OOH..I know this one! (waves hand frantically from the front row of the class)

As long as the game is moddable out of the box, people (like myself) will buy the Day One PC version. No idea what everyone is thinking though. If I didn't mod, I would wait for the GOTY.

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
132. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 25, 2016, 10:58 Jivaro

Well, this thread certainly didn't disappoint...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2016, 10:42 Jivaro

1badmf wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 06:30:
nin wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 20:26:
Rebels season 3 is up at http://watchdisneyxd.go.com !!!!

ooh fellow rebels fan. nice! been wanting someone to fangirl with XD

I have only seen the first 3 episodes from season 1 due to time restrictions but all the hype around season 3 has got me getting ready to catch up to the current season ASAP. Clone Wars was popular, particularly with teens, but Rebels gets praise from just about everybody I talk to at any age...provided they are a SW fan that is.

News Comments > Overwatch Public Custom Games Coming
4. Re: Overwatch Public Custom Games Coming Sep 23, 2016, 10:18 Jivaro

That is what I thought...but you know, if anybody is going to point out all the possibly bad stuff it will be us Blues News types.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 22, 2016, 13:51 Jivaro

Sell the SHIELD at 60% off first maybe?  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
16. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Sep 22, 2016, 13:15 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 09:14:
No issues with these drivers as per the norm.

Every time I install the newest driver, basically for the last 3 months, a couple of my games start showing a symptom that can only be described as selective texture flickering. I literally have no idea what else to cause it. Textures on some models flicker while other textures are fine. It appears to be "moving" models that are more likely to flicker, but honestly...the flickering is so bad I am not sure it's "only" the moving ones. SWTOR is the only game I play regularly that is affected, but when I tested it on other games the problem was still there at various levels. Thus, I have to keep reverting back to driver version 368.81...which I think is like 4-6 non-beta releases ago. That driver works fine with everything I throw at it.

My current main gaming rig is fairly modest. It uses an i5-2500k@ factory default 3.30GHz, 8 GB of RAM, and a Nvidia 760 GTX.(Windows 10) That said, turning everything down or messing with things just hasn't generated a difference let alone a solution which leads me to believe it isn't a problem revolving around a lack of system capability.

As long as the 368.81 driver functions I suppose it isn't a big deal, but I have to admit the issue has me frustrated. I don't like unknown problems with my gaming rig, even if they have workarounds. It's probably something stupid and easy that I am overlooking. It usually is. :/

Anyway, I have seen a thread or 2 at various forums that have people with what appears to be a similar problem but none of their solutions have worked for me so far. Maybe it's just my system and not really a Nvidia issue. *shrug*

News Comments > Overwatch Public Custom Games Coming
1. Re: Overwatch Public Custom Games Coming Sep 22, 2016, 12:46 Jivaro

good?

err..yeah...Good.

I think?

Okay, I give up...someone tell me how this could possibly be a bad thing?

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2016, 12:12 Jivaro

The whole article contradicts itself a few times....which is cool because so does Valve.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2016, 11:09 Jivaro

I was at a Ren Fair all weekend and fairly disconnected from the world as a result. Came home to the headlines regarding the bombings in New Jersey/New York and the stabbings in Minnesota.

I hope everyone and their loved ones is well. Amazing to me that there were no deaths.

2399 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo