Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2548 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Open to More Cross-Play with Other Platforms
4. Re: MS Open to More Cross-Play with Other Platforms Aug 30, 2017, 12:59 Jivaro

All excellent points, which is funny because I was more going down the petty highway. MS hasn't wanted crossplay until they were getting their butts kicked in the console market. To be extra petty, Sony and Nintendo should get with Valve and do crossplay....minus Xbox.

I am joking of course, but I do enjoy when corporations get petty with each other...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
48. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2017, 12:06 Jivaro

Didn't he already try to buy Sky a long time ago and got told off by the government or something? I seem to remember something along those lines...

edit: Oh, that's right, the phone scandal thing in 2010. NVM...

News Comments > MS Open to More Cross-Play with Other Platforms
1. Re: MS Open to More Cross-Play with Other Platforms Aug 30, 2017, 11:47 Jivaro

MS can't seriously be confused as to why Nintendo or Sony wouldn't be all that likely to do it right? I mean, Nintendo or Sony might crossplay with PC but that is something else entirely.

I guess weirder things have happened in the last year or so...I am not going to hold my breath though.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 29, 2017, 17:30 Jivaro

It never ceases to amaze me how many different ways the grumpy old men of Blues can find to say "get off my lawn you damn kids!". And in so many various topics as well. It's...something. Not sure what but it is definitely something.

But seriously, a delivery fee and expecting the person to tip is more than a bit over the top. You can pay your workers all the money they are worth and I will pay a delivery fee or you can continue the prehistoric tipping system. Milking both cows is super shady.

As for the actual topic of robot cars doing the work of delivery, I can think of many many many ways to explore the use of automated cars in every day life that, IMHO, would make much more sense. Not that I am an expert on robot cars, not at all, but without much more advanced AI, I just don't see how this works out well. Just the customer service issues in pizza delivery, like incorrect orders etc, should be enough alone to put this off a bit.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer
8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Aug 29, 2017, 00:02 Jivaro

I need to finish the first one! I was having a blast with it and than life sucked up my game time for awhile and when I got back I picked up something else because my old man memory forgot I was already in the middle of a game until just now...seeing this trailer. Fuck I am senile dork sometimes.

From what I remember it wasn't perfect and the story made about as much sense as an igloo in the Mojave but I was having fun nonetheless. This sequel looks to have the same feel...that's a good sign right?

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
26. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 28, 2017, 23:55 Jivaro

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 22:53:
I liked the earlier X games, but really I think I'd just like another Freespace game...

+1

Or Privateer. (as has been said already by a few people I think)

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2017, 23:52 Jivaro

Yeah, it's disappointing to see this with Logitech. I have never had problems with them either. The few products that I have had to contact their support about over the last 15 to 20 years have been replaced with basically zero questions asked.

Now Seagate..that's a whole other story. The short version is that I had to have an attorney write them a letter to get them to honor their warranty. That's a step you really shouldn't have to take with an "in warranty" product having a "covered" problem. Something shady was going on at Seagate at the time though I think because they were mass deleting thousands of posts about the problem on their forums. (the problem itself escapes my memory atm...)

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
18. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 28, 2017, 23:41 Jivaro

ooohh that makes sense. I have only been back east a few times. I had never even heard of a package store until a couple years ago when I went to RI for a funeral. Here in Cali we have Bevmo etc, but you can buy liquor nearly anywhere. It was weird to walk into a grocery store and not see any booze of any kind while I was in Warren. The part that really cracked me up though was the bottled spaghetti sauce made by the former governor(?) who had been convicted of felonies and yet when he was released from prison got elected again. Not that a criminal or a politician can't make and sell sauce...just that everyone claimed he was just this awesome Italian who made awesome sauce. It kinda felt like RI missed the mafia days or something.  

News Comments > Xenia This Week
6. Re: Xenia This Week Aug 28, 2017, 18:12 Jivaro

Everyone's a critic.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
15. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 28, 2017, 17:56 Jivaro

If it helps at all to reduce drunk and/or drinking drivers on the road...that would be a nice bonus. Mid-party beer runs don't really have an excuse for sending an inebriated person to the liquor store if they can do this delivery thing. (or package store for you RI folks).

PS: Do they call it a package store anywhere else besides Rhode Island?

News Comments > Game of Thrones Game Rumor
2. Re: Game of Thrones Game Rumor Aug 28, 2017, 11:12 Jivaro

They could literally make a GOT total conversion mod out of Skyrim and that would be good enough for most of the targeted audience.  

News Comments > NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Legacy Has SHIPPUD
3. Re: NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Legacy Has SHIPPUD Aug 27, 2017, 08:30 Jivaro

There is something about the art style of this franchise that I find disturbing. "Creepy" doesn't seem like the right word but it's all I got.  

News Comments > Secret of Mana Remake Plans
6. Re: Secret of Mana Remake Plans Aug 26, 2017, 18:21 Jivaro

Looking forward to this as I never played the original. Another one of those games that sounds like I would really dig it but I just never got around to it. Good things come to those who wait I guess...or something...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 18:19 Jivaro

I had to look up what a petabyte was. I thought it was what a rabid vegan might do at first.  

News Comments > TEKKEN 7 DLC Next Week
6. Re: TEKKEN 7 DLC Next Week Aug 24, 2017, 21:00 Jivaro

Not being a fan of the GTA games probably has something to do with me not knowing about it.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Aug 24, 2017, 18:10 Jivaro

oh damn..that's an even better story!  

News Comments > Overwatch Mei Trailer
11. Re: Overwatch Mei Trailer Aug 24, 2017, 13:46 Jivaro

Prez wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 06:05:
Blizzard is second to none in storytelling animations. This was great! And yeah, it makes more sense if you follow the Overwatch lore. If Blizzard has done anything better than the other hero shooters out there, it is how they have made us care about the characters so much. I think this is what sets Overwatch above all the rest out there. The world is so rich and alive. No other hero shooter comes close in that regard.

Personally, I am SOOOO hoping for an Agents of Mayhem-style single player experience in the Overwatch world.

+1

News Comments > Tyranny Expansion Next Month
21. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 24, 2017, 13:44 Jivaro

Thanks for all the responses Seems a Tyrant of the Year Edition on a sale might be the best way to go. This sounds like it is exactly my kind of PC game (which means I will look over small inconveniences or bugs) but I am not in some great hurry to play as my backlog is still miles long.  

News Comments > TEKKEN 7 DLC Next Week
1. Re: TEKKEN 7 DLC Next Week Aug 24, 2017, 11:14 Jivaro

I am entirely too happy about the return of Tekken Bowl.  

News Comments > Tyranny Expansion Next Month
9. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 23, 2017, 21:36 Jivaro

Goodtry wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 21:19:
Jivaro wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 20:30:
How does the Blues community feel about this game?

I love it and I think it's well worth buying, personally. It's much better than Pillars of Eternity in my view.

That would be a good thing....I found Pillars of Eternity very boring.

2548 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo