Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2401 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow
3. Re: Black Desert Online Closed Beta Tomorrow Feb 17, 2016, 17:37 Jivaro

I am interested to hear what you think after playing it for a day or two. I was in the last CBT and came away fairly relieved. What I mean is that we see all this hype about the character creator and the graphics and blah blah blah...but the hype has been thin on actual gameplay. I found the world and combat mechanics to be pretty enjoyable. I only had the time to get as far as level 10 so obviously I have no worthwhile opinion on the game as a whole. You can't really review a MMO based on the first 10 levels. That said, the foundation seems to be there. For people like myself who like to roll alts and play all of the available classes, it's a dream come true. That character creator is like crack cocaine. I am going to get my moneys worth just doing that. I haven't played with a character creator that fun since City of Heroes.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Street Fighter V Eve Address
2. Re: Street Fighter V Eve Address Feb 16, 2016, 01:35 Jivaro

The beta was a lot of fun. Personally, I think the fight mechanics and gameplay are fantastic. They took the flash and flamboyant art style of Ultra IV and multiplied it by 10. Some people will be put off by it I am sure. I dig it though.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 15, 2016, 11:05 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 10:42:
Really? Rise of the Tomb Raider over Witcher 3? Okay...

I haven't played Rise of the Tomb Raider or Witcher 3 yet, but based on the previous games by both franchises I wouldn't have expected that. Like.....at all.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2016, 00:53 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 16:09:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 13:16:
I'm SO happy everyone. I made my last car payment today. I'm also DEBT FREE! I still have to knock out the mortgage but that'll happen soon. Yay! No more credit card / auto payments. $22,500 in 2.5 years. Dance

Congrats man!

Congrats from me as well! It's a good feeling. I haven't had a car payment since 2002 and I doubt I ever will again. When I got done in 2002 if felt so great that I decided I was going to start saving for my next car right than so that I could buy it outright. Been doing that ever since, including both cars we have now.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Troubleshooting
13. Re: XCOM 2 Troubleshooting Feb 11, 2016, 16:47 Jivaro

Shok wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 15:26:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 13:12:
Excellent. By the time I get around to actually having the free time required to play this, it'll have dropped in price and be patched up enough to run well on my old desktop. Mwahaha!

I'm with you. In my case I need my Grim Dawn addiction to wane...

I keep meaning to get to that. I kicked in money for it...I played some of it very early on and was really happy with the direction it was going...and than I got sidetracked and decided to wait for it to be "content final" before I would play again. It's basically there now and I have managed to get neck deep in a backlog over the holidays. Again. First world gamer problems. *sigh*

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2016, 08:09 Jivaro

The character creator for that game is ridiculously cool. I was in the last CBT and will be in the next one, and I have enjoyed my limited time with the game. I am not at all sure about it's long term appeal yet as I didn't get to level very far but I did have a bit of fun for my short few hours that I was able to squeeze in. My expectations are set very low though. The genre isn't exactly popping with originality at the moment.  

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Feb 4, 2016, 23:13 Jivaro

If King Joffrey were a real person, he'd be Martin Shkreli.

I mean...seriously...how much of an asshole are you when you can make Congress look like the good guys? The government might get the last laugh though. Imagine if he gets all his money taken, comes down with a disease, and then can't afford the medication for it.

That would be horrible.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled
15. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled Feb 4, 2016, 15:11 Jivaro

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 10:13:
JayDeath wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 10:11:
The game runs very well now. It's just not that fun and gets real repetitive after a few hours. I couldn't finish it.

Oh, I thought folks were still having issues.

I played a little on the ps4 (which ran fine), but quickly got bored of the batmobile...way too much of that shit.

And their season pass was fucking laughable...

Same. Too much Batmobile particularly. Rule #678 in game development: You are trying too hard when driving the car in a superhero action video game feels more like a Super Mario game.

News Comments > The Witness Motions Sickness Patch
1. Re: The Witness Motions Sickness Patch Feb 1, 2016, 10:31 Jivaro

I wish every first person game did something like this.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 30, 2016, 23:45 Jivaro

Short and over-simplified version:
Federal grant money or budgeted funds for education can be something more like extortion or bribery.

If a State doesn't meet certain standards, spend the money a certain way, etc the Federal government can take away the money or not provide more of it the following year. Not only that, but this extends beyond education. For example, if a state makes something legal that illegal by Federal laws the government can threaten to take away money for education, roads, etc. For some states, particularly states with a highly rural population, this is a big deal. For other states it's still a big deal because they can't or don't balance their budget without the government funds.

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
29. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 30, 2016, 23:31 Jivaro

smackdaddy wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 20:01:
Is it really that hard to understand or read an email that backer+ receive or simply look at the website or read any of the other communications to understand that everyone who has already purchased SC gets both items included and people who buy after 2/14 need to buy them separately. Come on guys its not that hard to understand.

1) Reading is hard. The entire Internet struggles with it. This isn't limited to the gaming industry by any means.

2) Roberts has created a situation where plenty of people are literally hoping this whole thing will fail. They lace their criticisms with phrases like "I hope I am wrong...", but the reality is that they don't. It's like watching NASCAR, they are purely there for the next wreck. NASCAR makes money off of that drama, and so does Roberts.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Mortal Kombat XL Is Now Available For Digital Pre-order On Xbox One. Jan 26, 2016, 17:38 Jivaro

How did we go from 10 to 40 so fast?

News Comments > Free League of Legends Bundle
12. Re: Free League of Legends Bundle Jan 24, 2016, 12:58 Jivaro

I did a bunch of the tutorials and stuff, enjoyed it a bit. Still not sure it's for me but I will probably spend some more time with it.

News Comments > Free League of Legends Bundle
4. Re: Free League of Legends Bundle Jan 23, 2016, 19:40 Jivaro

Yeah, I made an account as well. The only MOBA I have ever played is Heroes of the Storm, and even than I have only done the single player/tutorial stuff. That said, I like to try new stuff out, even if it's old but new to me, and eventually I will get around to loading it up. Having a few free extras is a nice bonus.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
15. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 20, 2016, 13:39 Jivaro

ItBurn wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 09:57:
From what I gathered, there's no real loot in the game. You have like 10 guns and that's it. It's just a top down action game, not an arpg. But I may be wrong...

You mean more like "Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris" than "Diablo"? That's what I thought too.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Details and Trailer
4. Re: Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Details and Trailer Jan 13, 2016, 04:00 Jivaro

is this part of the season pass or does it require more money?  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - That Dragon, Cancer
26. Re: Steamship Ahoy - That Dragon, Cancer Jan 12, 2016, 18:26 Jivaro

Mandatory... "Fuck cancer."

I was probably going to buy this just to support the author but ultimately I think I am buying this in the hopes that it helps with coping, even if only a little bit.

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
90. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 23:24 Jivaro

Yeah...no.

Gonna upgrade my 3 monitor setup, something that gets used as much as the computer itself, before I would drop that much money on something that gets part-time use like VR.

As others said, this is one tech toy that other folks are going to have to be the test fodder for. Video card, monitors, and other things that you use constantly, I am right there at the front of the line. Highly specialized, part-time use devices? Not so much.

Also, XBOX controller? lol.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 6, 2016, 11:37 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 01:30:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 01:12:
Why do the Japanese have such an obsession with giant monsters fighting and generally wreaking havoc in cities?

It's a cultural response to the devastation wreaked by the two atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

...and industrial pollution...somewhat surprisingly. From the 50s to the 70s Japan had some seriously scary shit going on. Once big monster movies became trendy that situation and the scars from the bombs kinda fed off each other and inspired the constant content for the genre.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
34. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 15:31 Jivaro

We are some old and bitter pcmasterrace/Star Wars fans ain't we?

I am sorry, I am not trying to be a dick...it's just that sometimes I read these threads and I picture dozens of us sitting on lawn chairs, on a street in the suburbs, with home crafted brews or moonshine that are snuck into our nursing home, yelling at speeding cars as they go by and kids that step on the lawn.

Not saying any of you don't have valid points. This Star Wars game is certainly lacking in some areas that I personally would have loved for it to be strong in. For me, I had some fun with it for about a month but that's about all the life it's got in it. In some ways I am a terrible barometer for these games though because I am both not a fan of DICE's last few games or the direction most online multiplayer shooters have gone over the last 5-7 years. At the same time I am a complete Star Wars fanboy and I willing gloss over shortcomings with this game while playing it, knowing full well that if a basic military shooter had the same issues I wouldn't play it. I am also an admitted graphics whore and the visuals in this game are very nice on PC. (have not seen them on console, so I don't know)

TL/DR: We're old and bitter but this Star Wars game doesn't carry on the legacy of Star Wars games of the past like XWing, Dark Forces, and Knights of the Old Republic in terms of being quality games regardless of their money-printing franchise name. It isn't even as good as the previous entries with the same name.

2401 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo