Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2401 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Origin Coming Back to Myanmar
10. Re: Origin Coming Back to Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 19:05 Jivaro

Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 18:42:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 15:54:
One day, gabe newell is going to pass away and the guy who takes over for him will sell Steam to Microsoft.

Facebook because after they conquer VR, they'll want to take over the PC video games distribution market.

Amazon or Google Play would have been my first choices if Valve was sold, but Facebook is hard to argue against. Infinite money to outbid everyone if nothing else.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 17:10 Jivaro

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 14:47:
sauron wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 14:42:
Wow, I missed all the drama - I had my daughters over this weekend (Ms. Sauron 1 and Ms. Sauron 2). Very busy - having to teach them the ins and outs of dark and wicked sorcery takes up so much time!

I'm trying to imagine Sauron as a potential father-in-law, and the pressure that must be on any potential suitors.

It certainly lends a different perspective to the phrase "put a ring on it".

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 29, 2016, 11:31 Jivaro

Where as I was thinking "too many 'games'"....

Looking through a Steam sale these days is basically flipping through 4 to 5 pages of 49 cent trash..every time.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2016, 10:52 Jivaro

I have known too many lifelong Cubs fans to not root for them now that they are finally in the series. It's like when Seattle won the Super Bowl. I normally root against them regardless of situation because they are division opponents to the Niners...but I have seen the misery that was being a Seahawk fan at one point and it was hard not to have some sympathy for them.

It's got to piss off the Indians though. They are a top notch organization who has worked their asses off over the last 5 years to get where they are and if they were playing nearly anyone else they would be America's underdog sweethearts...particularly with the Cavs NBA win. The media is largely focused on telling the story from the Cubs point of view though. More fuel for their fire I guess.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 25, 2016, 09:09 Jivaro

It's too bad that my gut says the Pixel will go over about as well as the Kindle phone because everything I have read and watched about the Pixel looks pretty damn good.

Hope my gut is wrong...I would like a new Android option.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2016, 13:43 Jivaro

I felt like the "Edge"ier features were gimmicks as well. I also wanted the Note, but at the time I just couldn't come up with any real reasons to buy it that would cover the cost so I settled on the base model. I hadn't replaced my phone since I bought my S3 Galaxy, I tend to use them until they die, so a 4 generation upgrade was quite nice in terms of memory, speed, thinness, and the size of the screen. Battery time, which wasn't really a problem, is also extended. I recharge this thing at night on a wireless charger and I never really have to add any charging time to it outside of that.

My wife uses an iPhone, usually a generation or two older than whatever is new. This time around she splurged and went with the new giant size iphone. That thing is beast...but my wife likes the idea of a "phablet". I can't blame her. She has a purse she can stow it in. I wouldn't want to try to stick it in a pocket though.

The S3 was still the best cell phone I have ever bought. In hindsight, a refurbished S3 probably would have been fine for me as a replacement. I only started shopping for a new phone because A)My wife wanted one and B)My screen was so cracked that I was starting to have trouble accessing certain things. Since I don't care about the latest greatest games etc on the mobile phone platform, the hardware itself was pushing my email/GPS/phone calls just fine.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2016, 13:51.

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Trailer
5. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Trailer Oct 21, 2016, 23:37 Jivaro

If the Special Edition runs better than my modded install of basically mesh and texture replacements, than I am all for it. This the one game that suffered the most when I made the change to Win 10...having it running well again without having to sacrifice my eye candy would be great. All the other types of mods will be adapted eventually. The mod community is nothing if not determined and resourceful. Given enough time they have proven that they will add whatever the hell they want to a TES game eventually. (speaking from the PC perspective of course..console modding is not there yet obviously)  

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
49. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 21, 2016, 11:46 Jivaro

Timmeh wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 20:28:
this looks AWESOME!

Come on.. playing madden head to head at a table against someone with back to back devices would be super sweet!

I like the way you think...but I will admit that using those controllers to play Madden takes a bit of the appeal out of it.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released
2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released Oct 21, 2016, 11:37 Jivaro

Amazon has let me down for the first time...

Not getting my 25th Anniversary edition until the 25th because of some sort of shipping delay. It might be a blessing in disguise given my current infatuation with Divinity: Original Sin at the moment. I didn't get to DOS until 2 weeks ago and I have found it hard to play much of anything else since.

Even my *gasp* Madden time has suffered! The horror!!

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
23. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 14:39 Jivaro

Ballsy move Nintendo. Doubling down on "we don't compete with the other consoles because we are so different from them". Let's see if they get a "Wii" reception or a "Wii U" reception this time around...  

News Comments > David Brevik Joins Path of Exile
14. Re: David Brevik Joins Path of Exile Oct 20, 2016, 02:16 Jivaro

Kosumo wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 22:14:
What ever your opinion, the price is right on Path Of Exile.

One of the best F2P games there have been. It's f2p done right.

+1

News Comments > New Paragon Character Next Week
3. Re: New Paragon Character Next Week Oct 20, 2016, 02:07 Jivaro

You might as well give it a go if you got free stuff to spend on it. It's decent fun but not nearly as cutting edge as the PR tries to make it out to be.

News Comments > Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month
2. Re: Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month Oct 19, 2016, 10:45 Jivaro

I did too. I played it while recovering from back surgery number 2 on PS3. It was like Zelda and God of War decided to get together and make a game. The second one was good as well. If they remaster that and sell them together as a bundle on Steam or PS4, I would probably be willing to take that stroll down memory lane.

Not going to buy it solo right now though...too much other stuff to play atm.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 18, 2016, 21:32 Jivaro

I would laugh forever if Tim Cook donated the Patriots a bunch of iPads. I don't care what tablets people use, but watching the Patriots stick it to Goodell and the league if only in passive-aggressive ways is still highly amusing to me.

I am no Patriots fan, but fuck I hate what Goodell and a number of the more powerful owners are doing to the league.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 20:49 Jivaro

sauron wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 16:09:
Jivaro wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 13:23:
snipped for space

I think if I tried to eat one of those I'd probably end up in the ER. It does sound delicious but I don't think my gut would ever forgive me.

I guess I'll just stick to a glass of freshly squeezed hobbit juice. Tasty and wholesome!

Corned Hobbit is always allowable as a substitute meat. Dropping the coleslaw in favor of brined elven ears will reduce calories and your likelihood of acid reflux as well.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 13:23 Jivaro

A swig of Pepto (or whatever brand...just use a liquid and not a tablet or capsule) and than another swig of something to clear your palette....do it before eating the other half. Everybody is different but it works for me. I do it so that I can keep eating my favorite sandwich, a type of Reuben, without side effects that night or the next day.

*My Reuben*
Corned Beef
Sauerkraut
Melted Mozzarella
Chipotle Mayo
Toasted Rye

with a pint of Guinness of course.

News Comments > GOG.com Adding Two-Step Logins
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 16, 2016, 22:15 Jivaro

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 17:44:
This is interesting, but at least it's optional(for the moment).

The whole point of gog.com was to be DRM free. People associate DRM free with, strangely enough, sharing.

I wonder what percentage of gog accounts are actively shared? Probably a fairly high amount, CD ProjektRED.

I see what you mean but there is nothing about this that prevents sharing. There isn't a device limit so at worst it makes sharing a process that the sharer has to be involved in for 1 or 2 extra steps that take a grand total of 30 seconds before the sharee can be ready to roll.

If anything, all this does is make sure you are sharing with whom you mean to be sharing.

News Comments > New WoW Game Director
11. Re: New WoW Game Director Oct 14, 2016, 12:39 Jivaro

If there is one thing I am not worried about, it's Blizzard. I think they have proven by now that they are pretty good at putting the right people in the right jobs at the right time the overwhelming vast majority of the time. (Jay Wilson's time on D3 being the only obvious "big" error I would point to) Five to 10 years from now I think we will be looking at Blizzard much the same way we look at them now...however that individual perspective looks for each of us.

As for MMOs, I don't believe they are going anywhere soon on any continent. They will change in various ways though. I see sports games becoming MMO type services that you subscribe too rather than buying a new game every year. Probably the same with fighting games. Both genres have examples of AAA publishers actually trying to do those things and I think they will continue to push that way. They like digital distribution and in-game stores and they dislike disc production and one-time fees..MMOs were gaming's logical virtual first step and now they have to fine tune the experience to fit all the genres.

One positive side effect has been the increasing use of "role playing" in all of the genres. People like having control over character development feeling like they have choices that matter in all games. Its all smoke and mirrors when it comes to choices largely, but the RPG-Lite experience is creeping into every genre and I point at MMOs as the reason.

*wanders off..continuing to think out loud with coffee in hand...*

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2016, 12:49.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 8 Details
7. Re: Diablo III Season 8 Details Oct 13, 2016, 09:09 Jivaro

I don't mind the seasons, some folks like them and that's fine, but if they want me to put any more time into this game though they will need some new content at the very least and a new class would be helpful as well.

They did a decent job at fixing most of my hangups with this game with the release of the first expansion and the big patch in April (I think it was) was good too...I hope it wasn't so they could just let it sit for another decade after one expansion like it's predecessor. Incremental balancing patches and seasons are fine, but there is too much other stuff to play to keep playing the same game over and over without something new and different to motivate a player. Particularly in single player.

Adding some costume flair items that are mainly just PR material for your other games doesn't count Blizzard!

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil for Free
2. Re: Beyond Good & Evil for Free Oct 12, 2016, 13:40 Jivaro

Great game. No brainer to grab if you have never played it.  

2401 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo