Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2434 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
29. Re: Steam Award Winners Jan 1, 2017, 11:24 Jivaro

I don't pretend to understand the tastes of people 20-30 years younger than me, nor am I angry about the differences. I am not even sure that it's just the young people that have game preferences so seemingly alien to me. There are quite a few types of video games that have never appealed to me that are very popular today.

That said, I do question using the phrase "just five more minutes" for a game that isn't a a turn-based game. I feel like a multiplayer FPS should be "But Mom...I can't pause!"

edited: spelling, sentence structure, alcohol related hangover. not necessarily in that order.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2016, 23:02 Jivaro

nin wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 14:40:
<snip>

I am so sorry to hear that man. I know it's from a faceless Internet person but you have my deepest (and belated) condolences.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2016, 14:15 Jivaro

Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease is beyond horrible. For the victim and everybody around them. Mad Cow for humans essentially although there is a variant (according to the wiki, I didn't know that) that is more directly related. Every bit as devastating and fatal as that sounds. I have mixed feelings about our seemingly obsessive focus on celebrity deaths as a culture...but if these deaths bring attention, focus, and funds to fight shit like this, people can worship their celebrities as much as they want as far as I am concerned.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 30, 2016, 13:59 Jivaro

what's next..Van Helsing Go?

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 30, 2016, 01:26 Jivaro

Disney hasn't taken SWTOR of the lore table yet officially...although I doubt it's a priority for them one way or the other. Unless Bioware does something stupid like blow Alderaan up 4000 years ahead of schedule, it doesn't really matter anyway.

That said, every server has had a mourning type memorial at House Organa on Alderaan since it happened. Most are led by one or two dedicated fans who have created look-a-like Leia characters to serve as impromptu statues. I would be shocked if Bioware didn't do something to recognize Carrie Fisher the person. They might charge for it because it's EA....

edit: this is what I get for reading the comments and not the news post. I summarized the article and didn't even know it....sorry about that.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers
38. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers Dec 25, 2016, 00:05 Jivaro

Of all of the delays this one makes the most sense. Too bad it's after so much other clusterfuckery...it makes it just another part of the running joke.

News Comments > Black Desert Online Free Trial
1. Re: Black Desert Online Free Trial Dec 23, 2016, 11:42 Jivaro

With all the changes to the classes this game is getting to be more fun to play..which is good because previous to these changes the highlight of the game was the character creator. It was all downhill from there.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 11:36 Jivaro

So..Steam is down this morning?  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released
3. Re: Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released Dec 19, 2016, 21:45 Jivaro

This reminds me that I still need to play the first.

My expectations are high given the high praise from every single gamer friend I have. Sounds like the second game has turned out pretty well too.

News Comments > DOOM – Bloodfall Released
7. Re: DOOM – Bloodfall Released Dec 14, 2016, 21:31 Jivaro

When I paid for the game all I cared about was single player. Had the multiplayer been good I would have been in a real pickle because looking back through my post history it appears I was pretty sold on Overwatch for my multiplayer fix.

So than Bethesda, a company with a pretty so-so if not outright crappy history when it comes to DLC, gives me the full single player game I lved and the only thing people have to pay more is more multiplayer stuff I didn't care about in this game.

As far as I am concerned, they handled it perfectly. Now the community needs to do the rest. Kinda like every other Bethesda game it seems.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
2. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 11:42 Jivaro

TangledThorns wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:09:
Is this the patch that makes the game ____ ?

a game? (just kidding...never played it....but people sure do bitch about it)

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 9, 2016, 11:26 Jivaro

Anybody tried Shadow Tactics:BofS? I just learned of it yesterday, watched some videos...looks right up my alley. I added it to my Steam wishlist to remind myself that I was interested later if I work the backlog down a bit. That said, if anybody has actually played it I would love to read your thoughts on it.  

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 11:21 Jivaro

The psychology behind some of the most successful games and even whole genres is fascinating, even if it makes you a little uncomfortable or even upset to think that your "want" to keep playing is actually something that is predictably and intentionally generated.  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2016, 12:21 Jivaro

You and me see eye to eye on that. I would rank it up there with my all time favorite, the Genesis, as well. I am going to get a Pro eventually. Nothing out there I am willing to upgrade for yet but it's only a matter of time. The fighting and sports games I play primarily on console will probably all have "Pro Only" upgrades as early as next year. I like the concept of VR but not enough to buy into it on console yet. My first true home VR system will be on a PC and I haven't done that yet so that option doesn't sell me on a console upgrade.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2016, 11:56 Jivaro

Its about the games and not much more at this point. My relationship with Sony as a fanboy is solid, but we have an open relationship. They screw me regularly, but I have gaming affairs on other platforms all the time. It's sort of unspoken agreement.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 22:15 Jivaro

My motherboard on my gaming rig has died.

I am now using a machine that runs on Vista....for basically everything.

My family is taking bets on how long I will will endure before I go buy a new motherboard..if not a new rig all together.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 18, 2016, 09:57 Jivaro

But it would it really be any different if it was a Samsung or an LG or just about anybody else? I really dislike Apple, but that dislike has pretty much spread to the entire cell phone industry at this point. LG, Samsung, Sony....they would all do the same shitty things. They have and they do.

The whole cell phone industry is a mess atm.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2016, 10:06 Jivaro

Task wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 10:30:
I wonder if they all make a lthird gen ps4 in a year or two, like a super slim best version.

Sony Playstation Pro, Capcom Edition: Ultimate Super Playstation Pro! Available in multiple colors and global stereotype-based themes!

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
4. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Nov 10, 2016, 11:52 Jivaro

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 11:18:
No I don't think Blizzard games go on sale too often

not until all the expansions and patches are done, the battle chest is published, and the sequel is released...at least it seems that way.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 11:50 Jivaro

A Billion Blues....

There has to be shirt we can buy or make or something right?

2434 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo