Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2351 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
29. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 30, 2016, 23:31 Jivaro

smackdaddy wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 20:01:
Is it really that hard to understand or read an email that backer+ receive or simply look at the website or read any of the other communications to understand that everyone who has already purchased SC gets both items included and people who buy after 2/14 need to buy them separately. Come on guys its not that hard to understand.

1) Reading is hard. The entire Internet struggles with it. This isn't limited to the gaming industry by any means.

2) Roberts has created a situation where plenty of people are literally hoping this whole thing will fail. They lace their criticisms with phrases like "I hope I am wrong...", but the reality is that they don't. It's like watching NASCAR, they are purely there for the next wreck. NASCAR makes money off of that drama, and so does Roberts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Mortal Kombat XL Is Now Available For Digital Pre-order On Xbox One. Jan 26, 2016, 17:38 Jivaro

How did we go from 10 to 40 so fast?

News Comments > Free League of Legends Bundle
12. Re: Free League of Legends Bundle Jan 24, 2016, 12:58 Jivaro

I did a bunch of the tutorials and stuff, enjoyed it a bit. Still not sure it's for me but I will probably spend some more time with it.

News Comments > Free League of Legends Bundle
4. Re: Free League of Legends Bundle Jan 23, 2016, 19:40 Jivaro

Yeah, I made an account as well. The only MOBA I have ever played is Heroes of the Storm, and even than I have only done the single player/tutorial stuff. That said, I like to try new stuff out, even if it's old but new to me, and eventually I will get around to loading it up. Having a few free extras is a nice bonus.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
15. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 20, 2016, 13:39 Jivaro

ItBurn wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 09:57:
From what I gathered, there's no real loot in the game. You have like 10 guns and that's it. It's just a top down action game, not an arpg. But I may be wrong...

You mean more like "Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris" than "Diablo"? That's what I thought too.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Details and Trailer
4. Re: Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Details and Trailer Jan 13, 2016, 04:00 Jivaro

is this part of the season pass or does it require more money?  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - That Dragon, Cancer
26. Re: Steamship Ahoy - That Dragon, Cancer Jan 12, 2016, 18:26 Jivaro

Mandatory... "Fuck cancer."

I was probably going to buy this just to support the author but ultimately I think I am buying this in the hopes that it helps with coping, even if only a little bit.

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
90. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 23:24 Jivaro

Yeah...no.

Gonna upgrade my 3 monitor setup, something that gets used as much as the computer itself, before I would drop that much money on something that gets part-time use like VR.

As others said, this is one tech toy that other folks are going to have to be the test fodder for. Video card, monitors, and other things that you use constantly, I am right there at the front of the line. Highly specialized, part-time use devices? Not so much.

Also, XBOX controller? lol.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 6, 2016, 11:37 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 01:30:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 01:12:
Why do the Japanese have such an obsession with giant monsters fighting and generally wreaking havoc in cities?

It's a cultural response to the devastation wreaked by the two atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

...and industrial pollution...somewhat surprisingly. From the 50s to the 70s Japan had some seriously scary shit going on. Once big monster movies became trendy that situation and the scars from the bombs kinda fed off each other and inspired the constant content for the genre.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
34. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 15:31 Jivaro

We are some old and bitter pcmasterrace/Star Wars fans ain't we?

I am sorry, I am not trying to be a dick...it's just that sometimes I read these threads and I picture dozens of us sitting on lawn chairs, on a street in the suburbs, with home crafted brews or moonshine that are snuck into our nursing home, yelling at speeding cars as they go by and kids that step on the lawn.

Not saying any of you don't have valid points. This Star Wars game is certainly lacking in some areas that I personally would have loved for it to be strong in. For me, I had some fun with it for about a month but that's about all the life it's got in it. In some ways I am a terrible barometer for these games though because I am both not a fan of DICE's last few games or the direction most online multiplayer shooters have gone over the last 5-7 years. At the same time I am a complete Star Wars fanboy and I willing gloss over shortcomings with this game while playing it, knowing full well that if a basic military shooter had the same issues I wouldn't play it. I am also an admitted graphics whore and the visuals in this game are very nice on PC. (have not seen them on console, so I don't know)

TL/DR: We're old and bitter but this Star Wars game doesn't carry on the legacy of Star Wars games of the past like XWing, Dark Forces, and Knights of the Old Republic in terms of being quality games regardless of their money-printing franchise name. It isn't even as good as the previous entries with the same name.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2015, 19:22 Jivaro

Time doesn't put a presidential candidate on the cover during the campaign process. Never has. Not once. It's one of the few rules Time actually sticks too. They don't want to be perceived as favoring or endorsing a particular candidate.

By all means, continue the Trump debate if you so wish, but he was never going to be the cover.

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Announced
3. Re: Psychonauts 2 Announced Dec 4, 2015, 10:18 Jivaro

I am in. Loved the first game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 17:25 Jivaro

Still not convinced on Affleck as Batman and Doomsday looks like a roid raging Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle...BUT....

That is the first time I have watched something related to this movie and came away actually curious to go see it. As a fanboy, that at least gives me some hope to hold on to.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 3, 2015, 11:00 Jivaro

Releasing new models too close together, no micro SD card, and very few changes in hardware or software functionality that actually apply to me. In fact, not having a user replaceable battery was a deal breaker...and they bragged about that one. That's why I didn't upgrade. Well that and nothing was wrong or felt limiting about my current Galaxy.

I am not sure I see how a new executive really changes any of that..unless he is the schmuck that made the decision to get rid of SD cards and battery access.

If I was going to buy a Galaxy today it would be a S5....but chances are I wouldn't buy a Galaxy. I would probably pick a LG or a HTC if I was buying something today.

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale
30. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 3, 2015, 10:42 Jivaro

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 17:00:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 14:46:
So far all I picked up was Outlaws and Shadow Warrior 2013. 2.39 for Outlaws is great and 3.99 for Shadow Warrior is worth it.

You know what made these games great in a GOG way? When there wasn't anything else to play. There were years you'd only get a small handful of games you'd want and like, that is where length mattered. Outlaws is great if there wasn't anything else good out there now. In my world, there is more good out there than time. Would I rather play a newer game like Hand of Fate? or AAA? AA? or Indy? All these games, to me today are better than Outlaws all things considered.

See..I agree that there is more good games than time, I disagree on where Outlaws (and other games like it) fits into that though. It's a subjective thing though. It sounds like I spend much more of my gaming time on older games than you do. I have a backlog too, but only because of my gaming habits. I play my older games over again frequently, I just finished HoMM 3 again for example. I play sports games on my console throughout the accompanying sports season, so right now I am setting aside time for Madden and NBA2K. I play a MMO, which everyone knows eats time. When I buy a game like Skyrim, which Steam says I have put over 600 hours into, anything I buy during that time is going to inevitably go in the backlog. I own Witcher 3 and haven't even gotten to it yet. The result is that I don't buy a lot of new games anymore. Even when I do, I am only happy with them about 33% of the time. So many of them are just soulless despite their technological superiority. I could have not bought Fallout 4 or Battlefront and the only thing that would be different is that I wouldn't be as disappointed as I am in both titles. As for today's indy development...I have played very few truly indy games that I connected with. I have tried, but there just hasn't been much that impressed or entertained me.

Now, I could bitch about how the industry is horrible today or that the mainstream has ruined gaming or blah blah blah....or I could just recognize that everything changes and if I liked the older games more than the newer games maybe that's what I should be spending my time on. So that's what I do. Turns out I am a happier gamer that way.

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale
19. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 2, 2015, 14:46 Jivaro

So far all I picked up was Outlaws and Shadow Warrior 2013. 2.39 for Outlaws is great and 3.99 for Shadow Warrior is worth it. Everything else I either have the boxed copy of or I have it on Steam and this isn't the time of year where I can go spending money on things I already own....even if the GOG version is superior. It is tempting to get the Star Wars Blaster Bundle for example. I own all of those games in their original boxes but having them all setup to work with a modern OS with no effort is very tempting.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 30, 2015, 10:57 Jivaro

my bet is the day one patch fixes the FPS drop for the most part.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 24, 2015, 00:35 Jivaro

Kxmode wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 00:12:
nin wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 18:03:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 17:57:
What's NSFW about "Happiest Fallout 4 Family"?
Based on the first minute, I'm guessing profanity...

I watched with the sound off

I had a marriage like that once.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Drivers Nov 20, 2015, 17:32 Jivaro

More stable than the last release. Been using them all day with Skyrim, Fallout 4, and Battlefront. If you didn't have any trouble with the last release I would definitely wait a week or so and let everyone else beta test them for you though. I think that is a good thing to do just in general. I only updated because the last set of drivers were not working so well for me and I decided to give these a chance before rolling back a couple versions.  

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2015, 17:24 Jivaro

Do any of the PS4 owners here use Playstation Vue? I thought about giving it a shot but paying 50 bucks a month for 50 channels seems a bit steep, even if it works on non-Sony devices like Kindle Fire and iPad.  

2351 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo