Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2403 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2016, 13:14 Jivaro

Maybe it is just the time of year that is making you sick Blue. I walk around feeling pretty sick through much of an election year myself.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin Jun 17, 2016, 12:34 Jivaro

Pray they donít alter it any further.  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Video
5. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Video Jun 15, 2016, 22:49 Jivaro

I am excited.

(please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck....)

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
5. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 15, 2016, 22:49 Jivaro

I am enjoying it, glad to see they are going to add to it.  

News Comments > The Technomancer E3 Trailer
4. Re: The Technomancer E3 Trailer Jun 10, 2016, 12:11 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 12:05:
Gameplay video sold separately.

There are two gameplay videos to watch...yes, they are separate but they are free! how can you pass that up?

News Comments > EA Origin Access Adds ME Trilogy and More
4. Re: EA Origin Access Adds ME Trilogy and More May 26, 2016, 04:31 Jivaro

If I didn't own the games and preferred digital over retail, this service is great. 5 bucks a month is a pretty good deal for what it is. I am however exactly the opposite of the target audience though since I already own the games I want and prefer to own physical copies of everything I play.

That said, with incrementally updated games like the EA Sports games, I would have to seriously consider it if they kept them up to date and on Access. Right now they tend to add the latest sports game after its been out for awhile. If they did it from release...I would probably sign up and stop buying Madden every year. (for example)

News Comments > Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles
10. Re: Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles May 25, 2016, 09:53 Jivaro

For those that are interested, you can get Battleborn from Green Man Gaming today for $26.99.

The game is marked down to $35.99 and than you use the code "MAY25" at checkout.

I only know that it works in the US, so other countries will have to try it to find out.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 23, 2016, 10:49 Jivaro

It's been a good month for my gaming hobby and a terrible month for actually getting anything done around the house.  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month
3. Re: Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month May 18, 2016, 14:02 Jivaro

I had high hopes for this as well. It exceeded them in some ways, unfortunately there are some real letdowns in key areas of the gameplay, story, and progression that make it hard for me to keep being motivated to play. I made he decision to come back to it later...like in a year...a see where it's at.

MMOs that fail at making you feel like an integral part of the world tend to have a hard time holding my attention. Heck, any game that fails at that would be hard pressed to keep my attention. When I am "just another grunt" there really isn't any reason to care about the character. If it takes too long to get to a point where I care about my character I will inevitably go play something else. As I have said on this site quite a few times....too many games competing for my money and spare time to bang my head against a brick wall desperately trying to find a reason to play a game.

TLDR: Lots of shiny in this game, not enough substance. Right now anyway.

News Comments > People Can Fly FPS Plans
1. Re: People Can Fly FPS Plans May 14, 2016, 11:12 Jivaro

Looking forward to it. I loved Painkiller and while Bulletstorm had it's warts it was fun as well.  

News Comments > TERA Secrets & Shadows Next Week
4. Re: TERA Secrets & Shadows Next Week May 12, 2016, 21:33 Jivaro

NP  

News Comments > 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta
8. Re: 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta May 12, 2016, 21:28 Jivaro

Sepharo wrote on May 12, 2016, 20:41:
Ceribaen wrote on May 12, 2016, 20:34:
Just basically like Destiny pvp

Are you sure you were playing Overwatch?

Umm...Destiny? Really? I mean, they are both shooters....but the similarities end right there. Literally.

Was there another beta you were playing perhaps?

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month May 12, 2016, 17:02 Jivaro

Creston wrote on May 12, 2016, 16:12:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 12, 2016, 14:21:
Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan and Knights of the Fallen Empire is the same for everyone.

Are those three expansions good? Like, comparable to KotOR, story wise?

In my opinion, there are all entertaining. Hutt Cartel isn't as good as Shadow of Revan, and neither of them can compare to Knights of the Fallen....if I was going to put an order to their quality. As for comparing them to the original KotOR, that's apples and oranges. I have a feeling that most people would say KotOR is better than anything SWTOR has done. I disagree but I would be an idiot to try to pretend like I am not in the minority. KotOR had the advantage of being first and being a single player only game. SWTOR does a great job of filling those shoes, IMO, but as I said...most disagree.

News Comments > TERA Secrets & Shadows Next Week
2. Re: TERA Secrets & Shadows Next Week May 12, 2016, 15:44 Jivaro

JohnBirshire wrote on May 11, 2016, 21:13:
Is this worth trying out? New expansions are always a great time to jump in, because at that point you aren't way behind everyone who has been playing for years, especially if you're playing a brand new class.

If you like action based combat instead of the typical tab-select based combat, the game might hold some entertainment for you. They have taken a lot of the grinding out of the game, the graphics are pretty nice for a MMO, and the variety of classes is nice. That being said, the last 4 classes are race and gender locked, two of them requiring you to play the one race that looks like a bunch of 7 year old girls. (I am not judging, just not my thing) While there is a great difference in the play style of most of the classes, the content itself is the same regardless of class. (Except for one that starts off at lvl 50 or something, but after you play the prologue you join everyone else...so not really all that different) The community is shrinking as Black Desert and Blade and Soul took a huge chunk of the player base. You will need a guild to get anything done after level 40 or so. Don't be surprised if the members of any guild you join seem to all be under the age of 20 or so. Just like most games that go F2P, the average age of the player base has dropped...making guilds less stable. I have nothing against the youth of today, but young people have the attention span of a fruit fly. I know I did at that age.

Don't get me wrong, I put a lot of time into this game and very much looked forward to its initial release. There is no way I can say I didn't get my moneys worth out of it. It's just changed a lot since it went F2P and I think it's fair to say that while there is a fair amount of fun to be had for a new player, this game doesn't have the same long term prospects that you might expect for a game that has been around as long as this one has.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month May 12, 2016, 15:25 Jivaro

CJ_Parker wrote on May 12, 2016, 14:21:
Anything past level 50 and the original class stories does not have any class specific content, however. Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan and Knights of the Fallen Empire is the same for everyone.

Generally true, although depending on decisions you have made through out the class based story line some things can be different from player to player. Particularly with regards to companion relationships and "light vs dark" stuff. Any example I can think of is pretty inconsequential to the larger plot of any of the post lvl 50 expansion story lines though. Hell, there are some points where being Empire or Republic doesn't even make that much of a difference, let alone your class. Particularly in Knights of the Fallen.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month
10. Re: Any mods to change playable character? May 11, 2016, 18:14 Jivaro

Phasenoise wrote on May 11, 2016, 13:59:
I'm mostly concerned that you find Geralt feminine looking. He's 180 lbs of scarred muscle. With a beard.

I was wondering the same thing. Where are you from that the women look like that?

News Comments > Civilization VI Announced
28. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 11, 2016, 18:07 Jivaro

Number 4 was my personal favorite in the series so far, but I have enjoyed each entry very much. I have gotten my moneys worth out of it every single release and there just aren't many franchises I can say that about. I will obviously watch the preview trailers etc as we get closer to release, but I am having a really hard time imagining myself being in a position where I wouldn't be buying this game in the first week of release...if not on the first day.

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 00:01 Jivaro

Agent.X7 wrote on May 10, 2016, 19:29:
nin wrote on May 10, 2016, 18:58:
Agent.X7 wrote on May 10, 2016, 18:27:
Uncharted! Whee!

I'm 3 chapters from the end of Uncharted. Then it's U4, and then back to U2 and 3...

Nice. Got my CE at work and rushed home to play.

Got my CE tonight, but thanks to the Overwatch and Paragon betas I am just finishing up Uncharted: Golden Abyss on Vita perhaps tonight...than I am going to play through #3 before I can start #4. I am seriously excited though..the first two games, and the Vita game, were some of the best action/adventure gaming I have ever played.

News Comments > Disney Leaving Game Publishing
14. Re: Disney Leaving Game Publishing May 10, 2016, 23:55 Jivaro

If you don't think you currently have the people to do the games better than you could with contracted business partners, there simply is no sense in doing it yourself. Particularly when you have the kind of pull Disney has, where you can basically keep quite a bit of oversight and "the final say" on any project. It isn't like Disney is going to have to compromise on much, companies are going to be banging down their door with various pitches for various games.

Besides, with their money, if they find a particular partner that they really like they can just buy them and *boom* instant gaming division. It isn't that far fetched to imagine Electronic Arts becoming part of the Disney/ABC conglomerate. (for example)

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2016, 13:06 Jivaro

I ran with a group that wanted to do the all Bastion thing too. When the other team was surprised we did well but, just like with all of the characters, there are ways to counter Bastion and we started rotating through what we would switch too. Soldier 76, Reinhardt, and Widowmaker were the ones we used mostly. The first person to die would pick the character everybody would play next. It was fun for the 4 or 5 games that we did it, and we even managed to win those games.

Pretty fun beta all in all.

2403 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo