Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 3010 (Veteran)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > A Total War Saga: TROY Officially Announced
3. Re: A Total War Saga: TROY Officially Announced Sep 19, 2019, 13:03 Jivaro

I would sign up for a Total War: Star Trek.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 18, 2019, 19:02 Jivaro

That is the bottom line really. It's terrific that some good is coming out of that but still..fuck that guy.  

News Comments > Beauty And Violence: Valkyries Next Month
3. Re: Beauty And Violence: Valkyries Next Month Sep 2, 2019, 18:41 Jivaro

this trailer looks like a modded skyrim stream or a mod demo video on nexus...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2019, 18:56 Jivaro

I have a love/hate relationship with Star Wars in general but the Skywalker Saga in particular really gets me. I am looking forward to the the next movie only because it potentially ends this storyline. Building Vader 1-3, Destroying Vader 1-3, and Life after Vader 1-3. We should be done now right?

If it's actually a good movie that would be a glorious bonus that I am not anticipating.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2019, 12:06 Jivaro

Nobody hates Star Wars as much as Star Wars fans.  

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Specs
5. Re: Wasteland 3 Specs Aug 23, 2019, 12:37 Jivaro

Slashman wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 11:28:
Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 11:20:
I watched the gameplay video on reddit yesterday for this and was pleasantly surprised. It looks like they made big strides from W2 and I'm pretty stoked for this now.

I...still have to finish Wasteland 2...

Same, I bought it a while ago and it keeps getting pushed down by whatever shiny thing pops up in my backlog.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2019, 13:20 Jivaro

My weekend started with 3 days of Silicon Valley Comic Con and finished with a Rolling Stones concert. It was awesome, and I am not complaining in any way but the whole thing left me reminded of how old I am getting when I had to basically call in to "life in general" on Monday by sleeping all damn day.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2019, 01:22 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 17:48:
$11.15 for a matinee??? Holy fucking shit.

Sounds right, 12 here in Cali

News Comments > King's Bounty II Revealed
5. Re: King's Bounty II Revealed Aug 15, 2019, 01:19 Jivaro

WOOT!  

News Comments > Need for Speed Countdown
20. Re: Need for Speed Countdown Aug 12, 2019, 21:27 Jivaro

I never "really" played a Need For Speed game before Criterion took the reins with NFS in 2010, so I recognize that my opinion is based on a smaller sample size than most of you. Even so, that and Hot Pursuit were the only two I found fun. Hot Pursuit less so but I did get my monies worth. I have tried to play some of the others that have released since then on either PC or PS3/4 and I just can't get into them. I prefer arcade racers to sims and even I find it a bit much. I just came to the conclusion that the target audience for NFS was teenagers or younger and leave them alone now.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2019, 01:49 Jivaro

yeah..I am not really seeing how his death benefits anyone. Cats out of the bag. Documents are there. Victims are talking or have talked. If victims start falling off cliffs or if this had happened back when he was first incarcerated I might go get my tin foil hat of +10 psychic defense. As it is, I just feel sorry for the victims, some of whom I am sure feel like justice has been yanked from them.

As rich as this dude was, the conspiracy might just end up being that he was able to pay off members of the guards to make his suicide possible. *shrug*

News Comments > Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal
6. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 5, 2019, 21:22 Jivaro

They are games not oxygen, not water, and certainly not the cure for cancer. If you don't like the business approach than don't buy the game. At all. From anywhere, even later. Don't even play it pirated. Leave it alone. Talking to the industry does absolutely nothing. All the hot button topics of gaming, from platform to pirating to DLC to whatever...the industry listens to money and nothing else. Okay, one exception. In the absence of money they look at exposure, that way they can leverage it for a future product. (Like a sequel)

I don't have anything against Epic opening a store but I am not a fan of the exclusives. It's their right to do it, but I personally am not a fan and I don't think it's good for the PC gaming industry as a whole. This means I will take every free game they give me but I won't buy anything. Simple huh? There are so many games out there in the world I just can't get worked up because some of them are choosing to be exclusive. I got nothing against other people buying stuff from them though. It's an opinion, not the rule of God or something. For me I just remember the days of "Damn, I can't mod the Direct2Drive version of Oblivion that I already bought...now I have to buy it on Steam too?!" It left a sour taste in my mouth that even today's streamlined launcher/storefront patching systems just can't rinse that out.

The constant bitching here leads me to believe that a great many folks here don't buy anything from them either but my experience with the gaming community as a whole is that it could also be a lot of hot air. Laying out the seething rage here in posts but still buying their games because "OMG BORDERLANDS 3!!!".

Your bitching is falling on ears and eyes that either have no power OR don't care. Vote with your wallet and use a little perspective. Vote with your wallet and move on. It's done wonders for my mood and my backlog and thus I highly recommend it.

edit: I do appreciate the anger of people that already paid into a kickstarter or something similar for a game and then are forced to get it from a source they don't wish to use. Of all of the arguments I have read, that one holds all the water as far as I am concerned. I don't have an answer for that angle as I consider it horrible business practices to change the terms of purchase AFTER you have someone's money.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2019, 22:27 Jivaro

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 19:43:
Beamer wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 17:14:
I've stopped making Voltron references at work. They fit so perfectly, but not a single person has understood it yet.
Uh huh, I bet...

Yeah, similar to my Ultron jokes I would imagine...

4. Re: Cool new show Jul 30, 2019, 01:01 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 22:54:
Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 20:55:
Watch "The Boys" on Amazon. NOT safe for kids.

Hmm, DreyerDaughter and I had agreed to watch together. She'll be 7 in a couple of weeks.

Every family is different on these things but this is pretty mature content generally speaking. The rating on the show warns of rape for example, aside from the violence, language, nudity (male and female), and etc. It is a great show though. Highly recommended.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2019, 22:31 Jivaro

What a fucking night and day. I was not there personally, but I have been up all night trying to keep tabs on the shooting in Gilroy while checking on the whereabouts of friends and family that attended that day. I was only sure that the last of my F&F were okay at like 4 am. Phones were up and down because that was exactly what everyone else anywhere near the area was doing. Crazy shit, particularly the bumper to bumper traffic as basically all of the visitors (and some residents!) tried to drive north on 101 to get away from the violence. The other side of the freeway was moving fast but also had hundreds of police, fire, ambulance, etc shooting by.

At work today almost every single customer, almost every single conversation...all these people wondering how this could happen. Fucking idiots. How are people still bewildered by this shit? I am angry..I had better stop typing.

News Comments > Moonlighter and This War of Mine Free on the Epic Games Store
7. Re: Moonlighter and This War of Mine Free on the Epic Games Store Jul 25, 2019, 22:58 Jivaro

Retired wrote on Jul 25, 2019, 20:52:
Played a lot Moonlighter on Steam when it first arrived. Very fun game.

+1

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2019, 22:41 Jivaro

Does anybody else watch the show Legion? I find it to be one of the best made shows by Marvel or DC and yet I see no Inet chatter about it ever. It's in its third and last season so if you haven't watched it start at season one. Highly recommended.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 25, 2019, 22:17 Jivaro

you are a brave dude to be in a PS4 firmware beta

5. Re: Into the Black Jul 25, 2019, 21:59 Jivaro

Whoever "Don" is on the youtube comment section, that dude wins the Internet with this: "These AirPods commercials are getting out of hand"

Uh...I thought if there is video evidence, witnesses, and the airline can provide the names from the seats there certainly can be an investigation and arrest. I know I have seen people prosecuted for assault without the victim testifying or wanting to press charges. I don't blame them (police, fbi, whomever has jurisdiction) for not bothering though. Waste of time, just like their marriage apparently.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2019, 21:23 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 20:51:
1badmf wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 17:43:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 13:57:
Health Facts Arenít Enough. Should Persuasion Become a Priority?

The second finding of the study was more eye-opening. Those who were most opposed to genetically modified foods believed they were the most knowledgeable about this issue, yet scored the lowest on actual tests of scientific knowledge.

Dunning Kruger effect in action.

and yet how do you convince an idiot that they're a fucking idiot? cuz nothing changes until they accept that they're wrong. and there's no admission of error until there's an acceptance that they had no idea what they were talking about to begin with. and that's the root of the issue - it was never about logic, but ego. i.e., you can't tell me what to do or how to live my life and i'll make up whatever i have to to defend myself.

That's the conundrum: how to convince someone of the truth. I remember reading a study that showed ridicule was a better tool than logic in cases like this. Ties in nicely with your supposition that it's the ego that must be overcome.

Easy solution, find some famous idiot that all the idiots worship and pay him/her enough money to tell the actual truth. The problem has always been the same, there is more money in lieing. It doesn't work to tell the truth for free and through free communications. You need to charge 500-50,000 dollar a plate at "fundraising" dinners (depending on neighborhood) that have whatever hero is being worshipped today saying whatever truth it is you want to pay them to say. It's what the liars do and it's been working for like centuries...if not longer. It doesn't even have to be a politician. Go gather up the Jenny McCarthys, the Dr. Ozs, all those shills and simply give them the money. They will literally say anything....even the truth.

3010 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo