Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2464 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week
6. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week Jun 21, 2017, 00:46 Jivaro

If you like D3 it's totally worth it, but I will admit that 10 probably would have seemed more fair. That said, if you are burnt out or never liked it I am not really sure any price would have been a good one.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. 20 of the Worst PC Setups - May 2017 Jun 8, 2017, 18:16 Jivaro

in 2000, my gaming desktop computer was set up on 3 cheap ass Ikea nightstands surrounding a vintage (re: old as dirt) dining table....in the kitchen of my one bedroom apartment. Cables everywhere and my refrigerator and the computer were on the same breaker.

ahh..bachelor memories...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 5, 2017, 22:01 Jivaro

Every so often I read something like this. Baseball has been, according to sports writers, dieing for what...50 years now?

The sports evolve. It isn't like pro sports leagues live in some bubble completely unaware of what other leagues and even other types of entertainment are doing to draw fans. Not only that, pro sports leagues are so popular right now we don't just attend and bet on them, we make fake teams composed of real players and bet money on their real life successes and failures. The millennials, as much as anyone, are powering the rise of online fantasy football and fantasy sports in general even though fantasy sports has been around far longer than the Internet. Without "real" sports to provide player and team data there are no fantasy teams to bet on.

The idea that "real" sports might be hurt by esports assumes that the people choosing to watch that Starcraft match would have gone to the football game if the Starcraft match wasn't happening. Sort of like you can't assume a pirate would buy a game if he couldn't pirate it, I am pretty sure you can't assume a fan of one thing would be a fan of another thing in the absence of said thing. Or something like that...you know what i mean. My point is that I think there is more than enough market share for everyone...probably with quite a bit of overlap.

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards
5. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards Jun 5, 2017, 21:50 Jivaro

The gameplay of the Necro is good enough to pay for, provided you are still interested in the game of course. Not 20 bucks....maybe more like 10 or so? I am sure it will be more than that though.  

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 in August
3. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 in August Jun 5, 2017, 21:48 Jivaro

If it is..I am guilty as well.  

News Comments > TEKKEN 7 Released
4. Re: TEKKEN 7 Released Jun 3, 2017, 10:23 Jivaro

I prefer Injustice 2 but this Tekken game is a lot of fun so far. nobody beats Tekken when it comes to ridiculous fighter game story lines. SC is close..lol  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 10:53 Jivaro

Roger Moore passed this morning.  

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Discussion
7. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 13:32 Jivaro

If you are an action RPG fan, DA2 is worth playing if you can get it on the cheap. I had more fun with it than DA:I anyway. Sure, it's a letdown compared to DA:O in the same way that imitation crab is a letdown compared to real crab...but it can be fun and the quests and storyline have more pull than most of DA:I. I think so anyway.

I would recommend it to action RPG fans if they could get it for cheap. On PC preferably as there are some mods that can make the overall experience much better. Maybe I am alone on that opinion. *shrug*

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 11:14 Jivaro

I just want to know why CBS thinks going backwards in the timeline is a good idea. I mean, they can't be looking at Enterprise and saying "yeah, that was awesome!". Just go forward...it gives you more options and more creative freedom and you don't have to worry about crossing the time streams and all that shit. They aren't worried about conflicting with STO are they?

The complaint about it appearing to be about one person is legit as far as I am concerned. If it isn't about one person than that teaser/trailer is even more shit than I thought it was. I mean, "The Orville" had a better trailer and it's a damn parody. Hopefully its just a piss poor trailer and the actual series will not be so individually focused.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 14:25 Jivaro

Blue...Look at it this way. Obviously the Knicks aren't in on the "conspiracy" to make sure Bell goes to the Lakers. Besides, I think if the Knicks were actually in on some kind of cheating to get Ewing, the price paid was not getting a ring during his time as a player no?

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
38. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 12:10 Jivaro

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy ME:A until I finished DA:I.

It could be a long time I think....seeing as I quit DA:I out of pure boredom after one week of trying to find a way to stay interested.

Man, I loved the first 3 ME games and I really liked DA:O, but basically everything else EA/Bioware has released has been crap that isn't up to Gameloft's standards let alone my previous perception of Bioware's. The best single player experience Bioware has published in the last ~4-5 years is, humorously enough, probably in SWTOR. A MMO.

Fuck you EA. You keep buying the shit I like and turning it into shit I don't like...for like 25 years now.

News Comments > PC VANQUISH This Month
5. Re: PC VANQUISH This Month May 11, 2017, 11:51 Jivaro

If the port is done correctly this is huge. That game was a great deal of fun to play. I would say that if you like the genre than this game has to be in your top 5 if not top 3. It's subjective of course but I think anyone who goes for this type of game should try this game. It's hard to imagine them not liking it.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 10, 2017, 17:50 Jivaro

Bioware Montreal is downsizing and further games in the ME franchise are on hold...according to just about everybody as of 2 hours or so ago. I read it at ShackNews who gives credit to Kotaku...

So I guess that answers that analyst's questions.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 11:09 Jivaro

I have a PS4 that I got as a birthday present to myself a few months after launch. I originally thought I would buy a Pro but the Scorpio fills more needs both now and for a longer time past now. Add to that the bonus of having access to a different game library with different exclusives. I haven't bought both major consoles during the same "generation" since the Genesis/SNES era, so it's not a normal thing for me to do. I am what most of you would consider a Playstation fanboy and I have admitted as much before.

That said, MS made some very competitive moves with Scorpio. Maybe some features can't be used by many people or whatever but what those features do is separate the Scorpio from the PS4/Pro. I think MS did it to get people like me, PS4 owners who already assume they are going to upgrade to a Pro, to consider getting a Scorpio instead. I think it's a great strategy but I have no idea if it will actually work. It's going to work on me, I can say that. I will get a Scorpio and then maybe sometime in later on if a PS4 game I want to play is significantly better on the Pro...maybe then I will trade my used PS4 for a used PS4Pro or something. It's a likely scenario because I play 3 sports games regularly and all three franchises are already talking about Pro improvements with their next release.

News Comments > Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D
25. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 6, 2017, 11:13 Jivaro

The original "Castle Wolfenstein", a top down game on the Apple IIe, was responsible for my interest in Wolf 3D. I don't even know if the two games are related in any way other than name...but I do remember that at the time "young teen me" was super pumped to be down "in" the action instead of looking at it from the top down.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Taunts Disabled
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Taunts Disabled May 6, 2017, 11:08 Jivaro

Saboth wrote on May 5, 2017, 20:07:
When I read the headline, I wondered why they were choosing to taunt the disabled.

lol...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2017, 10:56 Jivaro

I don't know if anyone else here ordered the physical CE edition of Baldur's Gate Dragonsiege but if you did...and you waited through the year long delay before receiving the "physical" parts without getting a refund...Beamdog is giving the newly announced Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition to you for free. (Digital edition, nothing physical) You should have an email or three by now telling you this, but if you don't notify customer service. When they release it, you will see it become available for download on either your account page online or in the Beamdog downloader.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2017, 12:03 Jivaro

When Marvel made the deal with Sony to use the Peter Parker Spider-Man in the MCU I was hoping that just once we would get a full grown man version of Peter instead of this continual high school retread.

I know that for a good percentage of the comic book's lifetime Peter Parker was in either high school or college...but isn't 6 movies enough? (oh wait, my bad...got to cover all the demographics right? :P)

That said, for what they chose to do Holland seems like a great fit.

PS: Good news is that Legion is awesome. Bad news is that Iron Fist sounds like it was written by teenage interns on their first project and the pacing makes my pet tortoise get up and leave the room out of boredom.

News Comments > Twitch to Sell Games
26. Re: Twitch to Sell Games Feb 28, 2017, 08:08 Jivaro

jimnms wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 19:53:
I use all of them, except for the Windows Store. The more competition, the better. That said, I prefer GOG over all others. Steam is a hard addiction to break, and except for Steam exclusives and bundles, I've been buying more from GOG lately.

Basically my thinking and approach. I like that there is sort of an industry default/standard in Steam, but just like any other industry I view competition as a good thing. It forces change and improvements...even if it is slower and buggier than we would like sometimes.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Announced
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Announced Feb 27, 2017, 22:21 Jivaro

The first game is still on my backlog....sequel announcements are apparently my not-so-new way of reminding myself to play games I own but have not played yet now.  

2464 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo