Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2983 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store
24. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 13, 2019, 21:12 Jivaro

The Torchlight games were pretty simple compared to many ARPGs but it always seemed like that was purposeful design rather than a flaw per say. The humorous animation and writing provided a cool atmosphere despite the technically simplistic surroundings. The modding community was fun and productive for time as well. If you haven't played it, free is a great price to take a fresh ARPG out for a spin. If you are looking for your next arpg "habit"...I very much doubt that the first or second Torchlight game will scratch that kind of itch unless you really dig modding.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2019, 16:12 Jivaro

In California I think they are calling it a "Real" ID and they are implementing it a little slower. We can still use our old IDs unless very specific things happen. For example, flying requires the new ID if you don't have your passport. I think the short version is that from nowish on if you have to prove who you are to a federal employee you have to have the new ID or your passport, otherwise proceed as normal. There is a deadline for some people, I don't remember why off the top of my head. I think they are folks that tried to get a Real ID early on and the state actually screwed them all up somehow and they all have to be reissued. I believe those "early adopters" all earned the privilege of going through the process all over again ASAP.  

News Comments > Overcooked Free on the Epic Games Store
6. Re: Overcooked Free on the Epic Games Store Jul 4, 2019, 19:06 Jivaro

I loved Data East's BurgerTime.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2019, 20:35 Jivaro

Let's say the environment is not getting warmer, or it's not or fault..or whatever the going belief is today from the right. I will give you that. All those "we don't have measurements from millions of years ago.." type arguments, all that. I am giving it to you. Pretend I believe it as well. Whatever your climate change denying reason is, pretend I agree with you on it.

I still don't understand why we wouldn't strive to get rid of the use of fossil fuels and plastics (for example) just because of how dirty they are and the damage to the ecosystems. Doesn't matter to me about the climate...but that shit is gross and costly and at this point, irrational and impractical. Just on that we should be striving for alternative energies and a lack of fossil fuel based materials.

We aren't on the right side of history right now, and the environment shows it regardless of your thoughts on the daily forcast.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 1, 2019, 22:04 Jivaro

Is it just the handle bar on his brows that makes him "iconic"? He hasn't really done anything worthy of that title in the NBA.  

News Comments > Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning
25. Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 11:36 Jivaro

When I bought the original XBOX I was so hyped. Even as a pc gamer, I thought MS might be able to do some cool things with a console.

So yeah, I was wrong. At the time though I was all in and I bought Halo and Madden for it as soon as I could. I was unimpressed with Halo and that was that, never touched the franchise again. I suspect to a younger generation who didn't mind a shooter played with a gamepad it left a better impression. For me, there were just too many better options on PC.

Still have that XBOX though...works great. They did make a fair amount of decent games for that thing.

15. Re: Flight 370 Jun 30, 2019, 23:52 Jivaro

1badmf wrote on Jun 30, 2019, 22:38:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 30, 2019, 17:08:
What Really Happened to Malaysia’s Missing Airplane

wow. powerful article. superb journalism. i hope it wins a pulitzer so light can be shed on the corruption of the malaysian investigation.

Great article, tragic story.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 27, 2019, 22:30 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 21:36:
Beamer wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 13:31:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 12:47:
"Despite Cattuzzo’s apology, Razer Brazil nonetheless distanced itself from her on Monday and announced it would not be renewing its influencer contract with her"

We have"influencer" contracts now? I know they have always been paid shills, but I didn't realize that it's an official title now.

Where have you been? Influencers have been a thing for years now, and are quickly becoming one of the biggest parts of advertising. People 18-24 spend way more time on Instagram and Twitch than watching TV or OTT. This is how brands reach them.

Influencers get mentioned on this very site several times a week.
Blue is an influencer. I hope the other influencers compensate him when he posts a story about them.

Blue: The OG Influencer? Influencing before it was cool?

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact
115. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 27, 2019, 00:16 Jivaro

/*snipped because who really cares after 100+ other comments*/

The exclusives were inevitable and the free games are nice too.

News Comments > Heavy Rain Floods In
7. Re: Heavy Rain Floods In Jun 24, 2019, 22:37 Jivaro

I found B:TS more fun to play but Heavy Rain is indeed a guilty pleasure of mine as well. It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway, if quicktime events and long scenes of dialogue bother you then don't bother. For whomever is left after that filter is applied, Heavy Rain is essentially a Choose-your-own-adventure book turned into a game, bordering on an interactive movie at times. Multiple endings and all. Haven't played Detroit yet but I will be soon. Bought it for my PS4 Pro some time ago and somehow forgot. This served as memory jump starter.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2019, 17:17 Jivaro

Saved her son AND didn't drop her phone!  

News Comments > Steam Ubuntu Support Ending
1. Re: Steam Ubuntu Support Ending Jun 23, 2019, 14:58 Jivaro

Is this actually a big deal or is this just a sign that there are very few people using an Ubuntu distro with Steam?  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2019, 22:37 Jivaro

I did just now, I was already typing I guess. Good for you to apologize so....convincingly.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2019, 22:30 Jivaro

Kx...that is the most fucked up thing I have ever seen you write and if you are half as fucking moral as you claim to be than you should apologize.

All uppity when people make generalizations about your religeon and the people that follow it but boy..you have a few of your own to dish out don't ya?

Man did I misjudged you. Less morals as an atheist my ass. Your explanation just rings really hollow to me.

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Free on Epic Games Store
3. Re: Rebel Galaxy Free on Epic Games Store Jun 20, 2019, 22:00 Jivaro

I enjoyed this game perhaps more than it really deserves. Still, I would recommend it to any fan of the genre.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2019, 17:18 Jivaro

She leaves in time to write a book and have it ready for the elections. Trump gets past impeachment and wins, she wins. Trump gets impeached and/or loses the next election, she still wins.

I can't stand her but this was a smart move for her. If I were her I would be looking to cash in now as well. The sooner the better.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2019, 18:02 Jivaro

My wife and I are watching Deadwood for the first time. I mentioned to her one night that you (Blue) and others here seem to like it so we decided to watch the series and then the movie. We are currently halfway through season 2. I won't go into spoilers for people who still plan on watching it but my wife just mandated a week long break because of a tragedy that occurred on the last episode we watched. Not because it offended her, but because it was extremely emotional and she wanted a short break in case something similar happened in the next episode. Emotional and gritty and unapologetic. Shocking stuff without feeling like it's just done for shock value. Amazing production values at every level, from coffee cup removal to the actors and everything in-between. The writing is off the charts. Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't watched it, provided nudity and swearing in TV aren't an issue for you.  

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Jun 11, 2019, 17:28 Jivaro

For me personally, it's supporting Scientology financially in any way. I won't speak for anyone else.

If a movie about a franchise or story I liked was made and the profits were going to any organization where I know, from personal experience or some other way I know to be factual, how shitty they are then yeah...I am going to make sure my wallet doesn't contribute to it. It seems like a completely understandable way to select entertainment. I am sure there is a ton of shit I would rather not fund but I do because I am ignorant to the problem or association. All I can say to that is I can only know what I know. Have I gone to a movie or watched a show on TV where profits went to Scientology or the Catholic Church or any number of socio/political groups I dislike? Sure, just not intentionally. Ignorance is once thing, but I try hard to not be a hypocrite. All of us are to some extent it seems like, but I like to at least be able to say "to the best of my knowledge".

My wife on the other hand loves Tom Cruise movies and watches them all the time and couldn't care less who makes money from it. I would give her the holier-than-thou speech but her list of my transgressions is undoubtedly longer then my list of hers.

News Comments > LEGO STAR WARS: THE SKYWALKER SAGA Announced
5. Re: LEGO STAR WARS: THE SKYWALKER SAGA Announced Jun 11, 2019, 12:16 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 19:41:
How do you make a GTA game that's appropriate for kids?

No hot coffee?

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jun 11, 2019, 12:14 Jivaro

Tact, I think the point is there is a difference between Cruise being religious (as many actors are) and the movie itself being a cash vehicle for his religeon. (which a great deal of his movies actually are) I don't care if my car salesman is Catholic but if I find out that Ford is actually giving all of its profits to the Catholic Church I am probably not going to go there to get a new car. As an example pulled out of my ass.  

2983 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo