Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2713 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2018, 17:02 Jivaro

Did anyone ever really think that this wouldn't happen? It will split more than once.

Tribalism and capitalism working together basically guarantees it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 22, 2018, 16:50 Jivaro

System changes so that women can more easily report sexual assault, domestic violence, and rape without having to fear repercussions from men in power....and men complain. Who'd a thunk.

That's why women constantly refer to all of it first and foremost as a cultural problem rather than a systemic problem. Even when the system changes the men don't seem to.

Not one of you fuckers who instantly come to the defense of these predators ever asks yourself why the first thing you do is doubt the woman when you know for damn sure that some guy you know has gotten away with something they shouldn't with regards to the opposite sex. Every fucking one of us here. Say you don't and I know you are liar or you grew up on a deserted island by yourself. You, at the very least, know a guy that constantly pushes the boundaries and you know if he will do that in public he is probably worse in private. So why in the hell do so many of you want to find the guy to be the victim first and foremost?

Fuck off with this "So easy to ruin.." There is fucking video for god's sake. Everytime I see one of you schmucks go this way all I think is "rapist?". Hard not to when you start protesting cases with fucking physical evidence. With video evidence. Like, available...not mysteriously missing...evidence. You know the kind they use in court..like they actually are. Idiots.

Just..wow.

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 21, 2018, 15:17 Jivaro

I forsee Fortnite and Epic winning a lot. I am not a huge fan myself but there is no arguing the claim that it has become a cultural phenomenon. (at least in the US) Reminds me of WoW and COD in that way. Obviously it would have to continue for some time to be on their level but that isn't really the point of an annual award.

That said, the voting process is kind of a joke at PC Gamer since you don't really answer the questions for yourself so much as pick the best answer from a limited list of answers given to you. Most of the questions I would have answered differently had I been able to write in the name instead of picking from multiple choice. Another reason Fortnite will win a lot...it's a possible answer for nearly every question. God of War and Spider-Man benefited from that as well I am sure.

News Comments > Gambit Mode Free Trial for Destiny 2 Players
2. Re: Gambit Mode Free Trial for Destiny 2 Players Sep 20, 2018, 08:50 Jivaro

And here I thought I was going to be shooting telekinetically charged cards at people...  

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires Alone in the Dark & Act of War
6. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires Alone in the Dark & Act of War Sep 20, 2018, 08:50 Jivaro

THQ Nordic has been pretty aggressive in terms of purchases for a couple years now. Interesting moves for certain...  

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Released; Brian Fargo Eyes Buying Interplay
8. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Released; Brian Fargo Eyes Buying Interplay Sep 19, 2018, 06:47 Jivaro

I'd not even say that PC gaming is alive currently even with crowd-funding, the amount of fresh and unique games is at an all time low.

If it said "I'd not even say that PC gaming is alive currently even with crowd-funding, the amount of fresh and unique AAA games is at an all time low" I would totally agree. The indie market is where all the creativity is, even if they do rely a bit too much on that "retro" feel sometimes.

on the topic of this new Bard game....I am really glad I backed it. I have only played a very small bit but I am like what I see so far. (the below criticisms are fair....but fixable)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 14, 2018, 06:45 Jivaro

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 06:56:
I guess I am aging out of the mobile phone game because my requirements for what a phone is and does have stabilized. It must have a headphone jack and a user serviceable battery. It must be able to do navigation, check email, text, and phone calls. It must also be able to take a beating and continue working. That's all I truly need. If that means that the "flagship" phones of certain vendors are no longer usable to me for those reasons, so be it.

I already find it irritating that I have to keep a wireless leash in my pocket to begin with, why make it even more frustrating than it already is.

Add "it must have a SD card slot" and I totally agree.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 13, 2018, 10:33 Jivaro

Is 9 to the tech industry like 13 is to architects or something?  

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 13, 2018, 10:31 Jivaro

I would be too if I were them.  

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews
25. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews Sep 12, 2018, 07:49 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 03:22:
Guardian of Light is a cool coop Tomb Raider game played from three quarters perspective, Diablo style.

As is Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. I enjoyed both of them quite a bit for fairly "casual" games.

News Comments > God Eater 3 Early Next Year
2. Re: God Eater 3 Early Next Year Sep 11, 2018, 14:49 Jivaro

It's not an either/or situation for me. Play all the fun games is my motto. The God Eater games have been fun, so I will play the next one. Day One? Probably not, but hardly anything is these days.  

News Comments > NBA 2K19 Tips Off
3. Re: NBA 2K19 Tips Off Sep 11, 2018, 14:46 Jivaro

it does the same stuff the Ultimate teams in EA Sports titles do. you can buy a type of ingame currency, you can buy card packs to accelerate your deck/team etc.

That doesn't make it any less shitty...just pointing out that if you boycott this you are basically boycotting all current AAA sports titles. MLB the Show, Madden, FIFA, hell even the crap-tastic NBA Live has the nerve to charge for shit and they can hardly sell the game in the first place. It is a shitty trend and I understand why people would choose not to buy.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2018, 13:04 Jivaro

News Comments > Saturday Patches
7. Re: Saturday Patches Sep 9, 2018, 12:38 Jivaro

I remember loving to play Daggerfall. I also remember falling through the floor multiple times, usually just falling in darkness forever. I still loved it, but damn that game was a bugfest of epic proportions.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Roadmap
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Roadmap Sep 9, 2018, 12:34 Jivaro

Yeah, what he said. The single player part of the game is on point, particularly during the leveling process where you can easily be getting bonus XP while doing only the "main quests". Not having to grind just to level progress is a huge factor in being able to enjoy the storylines.

I will admit one thing though....playing F2P has to be frustrating. I tell anyone who thinks about playing to consider going in for at least one month on the sub. Make a decision after that. Playing F2P on this game makes it feel more like a demo than a game and you run into multiple paywalls for basic quality of life type things....like how many skill bars your UI has for example.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Roadmap
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Roadmap Sep 8, 2018, 22:49 Jivaro

Despite it's flaws, I love to play this game every now and again and thus have kept a 6 month sub going since forever. Over time I have gained control of a guild for each faction, both with capitol ships etc. It's rather hilarious seeing as me and my 20 something alts are the only members..but whatever. If there had been a decent fucking single-player Star Wars game of any kind released in the last 3 years I might have quit as sometimes I think I only play to satisfy my irrational addiction to Star Wars anything. Had there been other alternatives, specifically single player games on PC alternatives, I could satisfy that need.

Bioware keeps adding content fast enough to keep me entertained and I just admitted to how much I have spent on subscriptions so I won't do any bitching about SWTOR itself.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 8, 2018, 02:57 Jivaro

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 17:46:
He's purposely trying to get the stock low to buy it back.

yep.

News Comments > U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40%
18. Re: U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40% Aug 30, 2018, 11:04 Jivaro

MattyC wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 07:44:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 01:27:
I play Candy Crush every time I shit... for uh 6 years now.
Level ~1350 on Soda Saga
No money spent though.

Sounds like you need to take it to the next level and bring in some Puzzle Quest!

Also probably some fiber or something... just saying.

Marvel Puzzle Quest is my preference. I will admit to spending a tiny bit a couple of times over the last 4 years or whatever it's been. Maybe like 30-40 dollars total? Worth it I say...even though I admit to being a tad embarrassed I spent money on the game.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message
23. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message Aug 28, 2018, 14:50 Jivaro

I am actually surprised at how underwhelmed I am by that video. It's actually not that impressive or I set the hype bar too high.
Maybe a bit of both.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
5. Re: Sunday Patches Aug 27, 2018, 21:07 Jivaro

It will be released in 10 years.  

2713 Comments. 136 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo