Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 3016 (Veteran)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Previews

8. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 10, 2019, 23:46 Jivaro

I am ready for a new Diablo game. I like what I see from this one so far. Just hope that it launches in a much more playable and fun state then D3.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed

22. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2019, 14:07 Jivaro

While I admit to some empathy with the point(s) of the author, I also have to admit at finding it to be an odd choice for an OpEd. It's inevitably going to come across as complaining (whiny-style) about game time flatly with that title. I myself find Beamer's interpretation of the entire piece more likely to be the actual intent of the author. I just don't think it's written very well and loses its focus, thus causing varying interpretations of what should be a fairly clearly stated opinion. Nobody writes an editorial to be published and misunderstood. Seems like a waste of time for a person so clearly not in possession of time to waste.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2019, 14:32 Jivaro

Diablo 4 just got announced at Blizzcon. Lillith is the big bad. Appears to be open world or at least semi-open anyway. Playable demo on the floor. Cinematic is pretty avg for Blizzard but does convey what they keep saying during the presentation: "We are going back to the franchises darker roots". We'll see, but I have to admit, the game they were showing in the gameplay trailer looks fun. They demo'd the barbarian, sorceress, and the druid.  

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

84. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 31, 2019, 00:15 Jivaro

The solution to all of this is coming...and it's beautiful.

https://www.gog.com/news/gog_galaxy_20_closed_beta_is_now_live

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2019, 13:12 Jivaro

If it specifically said no generators in the contract Blue, okay, you might be screwed on that front. If it didn't an electrician can connect one to your condo no problem as long as you have either a vented garage/carport or a fenced in outdoor area. At least over here in Cali you can...and I would think we need the generators a lot less, at least in the bay area. I have never had to use one in a state other than California, so you might have to pay for a permit for installation.  

News Comments > Ms. Marvel Joining Marvel's Avengers

2. Re: Ms. Marvel Joining Marvel's Avengers Oct 4, 2019, 22:11 Jivaro

Yeah, she is a great character. I am glad that they seem to be mainstreaming her storyline in more than just the comics.  

News Comments > A Total War Saga: TROY Officially Announced

3. Re: A Total War Saga: TROY Officially Announced Sep 19, 2019, 13:03 Jivaro

I would sign up for a Total War: Star Trek.  

News Comments > Into the Black

1. Re: Into the Black Sep 18, 2019, 19:02 Jivaro

That is the bottom line really. It's terrific that some good is coming out of that but still..fuck that guy.  

News Comments > Beauty And Violence: Valkyries Next Month

3. Re: Beauty And Violence: Valkyries Next Month Sep 2, 2019, 18:41 Jivaro

this trailer looks like a modded skyrim stream or a mod demo video on nexus...  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2019, 18:56 Jivaro

I have a love/hate relationship with Star Wars in general but the Skywalker Saga in particular really gets me. I am looking forward to the the next movie only because it potentially ends this storyline. Building Vader 1-3, Destroying Vader 1-3, and Life after Vader 1-3. We should be done now right?

If it's actually a good movie that would be a glorious bonus that I am not anticipating.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2019, 12:06 Jivaro

Nobody hates Star Wars as much as Star Wars fans.  

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Specs

5. Re: Wasteland 3 Specs Aug 23, 2019, 12:37 Jivaro

Slashman wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 11:28:
Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 11:20:
I watched the gameplay video on reddit yesterday for this and was pleasantly surprised. It looks like they made big strides from W2 and I'm pretty stoked for this now.

I...still have to finish Wasteland 2...

Same, I bought it a while ago and it keeps getting pushed down by whatever shiny thing pops up in my backlog.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2019, 13:20 Jivaro

My weekend started with 3 days of Silicon Valley Comic Con and finished with a Rolling Stones concert. It was awesome, and I am not complaining in any way but the whole thing left me reminded of how old I am getting when I had to basically call in to "life in general" on Monday by sleeping all damn day.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2019, 01:22 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 17:48:
$11.15 for a matinee??? Holy fucking shit.

Sounds right, 12 here in Cali

News Comments > King's Bounty II Revealed

5. Re: King's Bounty II Revealed Aug 15, 2019, 01:19 Jivaro

WOOT!  

News Comments > Need for Speed Countdown

20. Re: Need for Speed Countdown Aug 12, 2019, 21:27 Jivaro

I never "really" played a Need For Speed game before Criterion took the reins with NFS in 2010, so I recognize that my opinion is based on a smaller sample size than most of you. Even so, that and Hot Pursuit were the only two I found fun. Hot Pursuit less so but I did get my monies worth. I have tried to play some of the others that have released since then on either PC or PS3/4 and I just can't get into them. I prefer arcade racers to sims and even I find it a bit much. I just came to the conclusion that the target audience for NFS was teenagers or younger and leave them alone now.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2019, 01:49 Jivaro

yeah..I am not really seeing how his death benefits anyone. Cats out of the bag. Documents are there. Victims are talking or have talked. If victims start falling off cliffs or if this had happened back when he was first incarcerated I might go get my tin foil hat of +10 psychic defense. As it is, I just feel sorry for the victims, some of whom I am sure feel like justice has been yanked from them.

As rich as this dude was, the conspiracy might just end up being that he was able to pay off members of the guards to make his suicide possible. *shrug*

News Comments > Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal

6. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 5, 2019, 21:22 Jivaro

They are games not oxygen, not water, and certainly not the cure for cancer. If you don't like the business approach than don't buy the game. At all. From anywhere, even later. Don't even play it pirated. Leave it alone. Talking to the industry does absolutely nothing. All the hot button topics of gaming, from platform to pirating to DLC to whatever...the industry listens to money and nothing else. Okay, one exception. In the absence of money they look at exposure, that way they can leverage it for a future product. (Like a sequel)

I don't have anything against Epic opening a store but I am not a fan of the exclusives. It's their right to do it, but I personally am not a fan and I don't think it's good for the PC gaming industry as a whole. This means I will take every free game they give me but I won't buy anything. Simple huh? There are so many games out there in the world I just can't get worked up because some of them are choosing to be exclusive. I got nothing against other people buying stuff from them though. It's an opinion, not the rule of God or something. For me I just remember the days of "Damn, I can't mod the Direct2Drive version of Oblivion that I already bought...now I have to buy it on Steam too?!" It left a sour taste in my mouth that even today's streamlined launcher/storefront patching systems just can't rinse that out.

The constant bitching here leads me to believe that a great many folks here don't buy anything from them either but my experience with the gaming community as a whole is that it could also be a lot of hot air. Laying out the seething rage here in posts but still buying their games because "OMG BORDERLANDS 3!!!".

Your bitching is falling on ears and eyes that either have no power OR don't care. Vote with your wallet and use a little perspective. Vote with your wallet and move on. It's done wonders for my mood and my backlog and thus I highly recommend it.

edit: I do appreciate the anger of people that already paid into a kickstarter or something similar for a game and then are forced to get it from a source they don't wish to use. Of all of the arguments I have read, that one holds all the water as far as I am concerned. I don't have an answer for that angle as I consider it horrible business practices to change the terms of purchase AFTER you have someone's money.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2019, 22:27 Jivaro

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 19:43:
Beamer wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 17:14:
I've stopped making Voltron references at work. They fit so perfectly, but not a single person has understood it yet.
Uh huh, I bet...

Yeah, similar to my Ultron jokes I would imagine...

News Comments > Into the Black

4. Re: Cool new show Jul 30, 2019, 01:01 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 22:54:
Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 20:55:
Watch "The Boys" on Amazon. NOT safe for kids.

Hmm, DreyerDaughter and I had agreed to watch together. She'll be 7 in a couple of weeks.

Every family is different on these things but this is pretty mature content generally speaking. The rating on the show warns of rape for example, aside from the violence, language, nudity (male and female), and etc. It is a great show though. Highly recommended.

3016 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >