Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2647 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get Shadowrun Returns Deluxe for Free
2. Re: Get Shadowrun Returns Deluxe for Free Jun 21, 2018, 20:21 Jivaro

MattyC wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 19:21:
If you already own the base game you still may want to do this. It will upgrade you to the Deluxe version once you put in the Steam key.

came here to say this. upgraded mine just a bit ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 18, 2018, 22:23 Jivaro

I have averaged just over 156 dollars a year for 14 years. That puts my average game price a hair over 7 bucks. I would have guessed so much more. I actually feel pretty good about it being that low. (grand total of 2168.89)  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2018, 18:23 Jivaro

I tried to like TESO. Like, 5 times. Multiple characters, classes, and races. Probably a good 2 weeks total. I tried really hard. I love TES games. I like a fair amount of MMOs compared to most of my friends. This should have been right up my alley...

What a waste of a game.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Victory is Life
5. Re: Star Trek Online Victory is Life Jun 17, 2018, 18:17 Jivaro

I liked it. It has its ups and downs because it is very strong in some gameplay elements and very mediocre at others. It would have been better if it had launched with a Klingon story campaign that was as robust as the Federation one. The crafting at the beginning was...lacking...to say the least. Don't know how much that has changed. I have been gone a year or two and expansions are always a good time to pop in and see what has changed.

There was a time when I thought this game would suck and Champions Online would be awesome. I have the lifetime subscriber status with CO to prove it. That was the third biggest mistake of my life, which is saying something since I was married to the other top 2. I would gladly switch my lifetime sub to STO from CO if I could.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2018, 21:38 Jivaro

The attempt to divide the state is on the ballot much more often then people think. It feels like every state election has some version of this....

News Comments > Steam China Announced
2. Re: Steam China Announced Jun 11, 2018, 22:23 Jivaro

Holy f**k is Valve going to be raking in the money.  

News Comments > Anthem Videos
16. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 23:09 Jivaro

Holy fuck do some of us sound like grumpy old men.

All that is missing is a "get off my lawn!"

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2018, 10:38 Jivaro

It doesn't work that way Duke. None of this works that way. You should be relieved to hear that, as that means the world is that much safer, but I bet instead your gut reaction is to scrape the bottom of the conspiracy/half truth barrel to support you conclusion.

It's like people want things to be shit. They would rather cling on to the most completely bogus bullshit and be "right" in their own minds then find out they were wrong but the upside is that none of that terrible shit is actually true. If that isn't some sort of psychological issue I am not sure what is.

News Comments > Anthem Trailer and Details
11. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 23:10 Jivaro

I don't know what it will end up being, but if you told me it was a cross between Destiny and Titanfall, had unlimited verticality, and took place in an open-world......that sounds like something I would want to play. That second trailer is pretty cool too. EA being involved tempers my enthusiasm and my expectations though.  

News Comments > MADDEN NFL 19 Tackling PCs
2. Re: MADDEN NFL 19 Tackling PCs Jun 9, 2018, 18:13 Jivaro

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:02:
I buy it every year on thy console...will be PC this year thank god...

Yeah, I will be glad to be back on PC this year as well.

39. Re: All eyes on Canada Jun 9, 2018, 08:04 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 16:00:
Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 14:18:
Yeah but pot isn't legal in the Netherlands, it's decriminalized - to a point. Canada will be the first country where it's completely legal.

Potato potato. You will never get arrested for anything pot related in the Netherlands, unless maybe strangling someone to death with it, and even that's debatable.

Probably depends on who you strangle...

News Comments > Dead or Alive 6 Announced
4. Re: Dead or Alive 6 Announced Jun 9, 2018, 03:16 Jivaro

The last one was okay, but I am looking forward to a DOA game built specifically for this generation of consoles. Maybe the PC port won't suck either. Maybe. Okay, maybe not. *shrug*

TBH, I am looking more at Soulcalibur VI as my next fighting game. It has a far better chance of pulling me from Injustice 2 than DOA6. None of them are going to get me to give up Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite anytime soon though. Damn that game is fun.

2. Re: R.I.P.: CNN's Anthony Bourdain dead at 61 Jun 8, 2018, 11:14 Jivaro

Well, fuck.  

News Comments > Steam Game Removals
2. Re: Steam Game Removals Jun 8, 2018, 11:05 Jivaro

I guess if they go after the low hanging fruit, games with names that basically advertise their illegal or trolling purpose, they will mostly keep Steam off the mainstream media's radar. If the media can't make a dramatic headline out of the title they are far less interested. Theoretically. If the game was called "Tomato Soup Simulator" that doesn't generate clicks like "Sexing the Neighbor's Wife Simulator" even if the content of the two games are exactly the same.

I mean, that is if you believe Valve is making decisions based on what takes the least amount of effort. Otherwise it doesn't really make sense to get rid of anything that isn't illegal. Censorship takes effort.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jun 7, 2018, 22:48 Jivaro

Shopping Tip: Firstly, Nine Parchments is a part of the Trine universe. Now, Nine Parchments says it's on sale for 9.99USD, but if you select the Trineverse Bundle instead of the game itself and you already have the Trine games in your library the price for Nine Parchments itself lowers to 6.49USD. Bonus discount for loyal customers I guess.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 7, 2018, 22:38 Jivaro

Tencent? Is that like 50cent's younger brother or something?  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2018, 15:00 Jivaro

International House of breakfast. Obviously.

Preparing for their hobbit themed mini-cafes called "IHOsb", or International House of Second Breakfast. Obviously.

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
25. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 21:35 Jivaro

All that means is that Valve needs to provide more opportunities for games to gain a spotlight when deserved. Which may be the case, I have never had trouble finding games and have a crazy backlog to prove it. A fair amount of people here seem to believe they are being hindered in the hunt for something of quality to play though and I can't just ignore that opinion. Even so, making it harder to even get your game on Steam in the first place doesn't encourage progress or success and it certainly doesn't make life any easier for indie developers or their potential customers. Not in the current industry and early access being the words of the day.  

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
12. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 18:09 Jivaro

I don't see how this is bad except for those people who seem to think that it's realistic to demand that everything in front of them be relevant to them and automatically placed on a platter and at the very same time demand that they have complete freedom of choice, a lack of walled gardening, etc etc.

Nothing will ever make those idiots happy because they seem to want two contradictory things. Steam/Valve/Gabe/that desk they roll around in the office...whoever...this was the right call.

News Comments > Blizzard Reveals "Unannounced Diablo Project"
11. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 01:17 Jivaro

my bet would be on another expansion, or even just another class and a small amount of content. Way too soon for D4 by Blizzard's time standards.  

2647 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo