Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On July 23, 2010
Founding Supporter Gold, since February 24, 2020
Total Comments 3125 (Veteran)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 7, 2020, 12:02  Jivaro 

Writer has a computer malfunction, writes article as if the whole world shares pain.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft Shadowlands Alpha Beginning

1. Re: World of Warcraft Shadowlands Alpha Beginning Apr 7, 2020, 11:55  Jivaro 

If Blizzard were to release either Diablo 4 or a new expansion for WoW right now I am pretty sure the Internet would just crash under the weight. Even the haters would be logging in right now.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2020, 18:25  Jivaro 

Great Beat Saber video!  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2020, 16:34  Jivaro 

Yeah, chances are whatever your idea of normal was before this....it will be a different normal after this. If for no other reason than a great deal of money is going to be invested in working around this. My school is a good example. Before all of this we were either in an online program or campus program. Now we are all in the online program and if we have lab courses they will be scheduled in small groups with time windows to appear at the lab on campus when the quarantine/isolation part of this is over. As everyone here knows the tech requirements for that shift don't happen by flipping some switches obviously, you just have to upgrade the system to handle the increased load. Also, my school is owned by the KP Foundation so using Zoom instead of something more secure and KP controlled is not going to last long, and that will cost money. Many of these investments were coming in the future anyway, so why go back to "normal". If anything, I see Covid-19 as putting digital capabilities on the fastrack with corporations less concerned with the initial cost right now since everyday they are closed or hindered is likely much more expensive. Some of us that might have been already wondering "Why can't I do this work/school from home in this day and age?" are now doing it from home and well....why go back?  

News Comments > New Commandos Game in Development

2. Re: New Commandos Game in Development Apr 3, 2020, 11:44  Jivaro 

Solemn-Philosopher wrote on Apr 3, 2020, 10:57:
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is the best recent game in the real-time tactics genre. Hopefully, the new development team for Commandos take lessons from that game.

Agreed. Shadow Tactics was a great tactical fix.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 22:01  Jivaro 

I take my COVID 19 advice/info from Scandinavian newspapers and their governments announcements. I have literally given up on our government and press to be accurate and factual with anything remotely close to consistency. I won't risk my life with shit for brains info from a President who might just now be figuring out that he fucked up or be using overly dramatic headlines and sensational articles meant to get clicks not inform.

In today's world we have the ability to read sources from other countries, given what the stats say about the American response to Covid19 so far, I would encourage anyone who isn't already to start broadening those info sources. In my opinion it isn't just the President and his administration who have dropped the ball on this. Americans as people and a culture really should take a hard look at the state of our country during and after this. This Rep v Dem thing has done nothing but lead to the perfect storm of pandemics. Ineffective CDC, impotent and possibly non-existent administrative disease response team, under-regulated and under-staffed health industry, and a media that can't decide if the hard on they have for Trump is because they love him or hate him.

sorry for the rant but it just shows how screwed up we are as Americans right now that we can literally have two different sets of "facts" about this disease and you can predict which one you will get based on whether it's a Rep or a Dem on the TV news talking. I mean, how the fuck did the Georgia governor just find out this morning that people are contagious before they show signs of illness? Hasn't everyone known that for weeks now? Give me a break.

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2020, 22:17.

News Comments > Terraria Sells 30 Million

17. Re: Terraria Sells 30 Million Apr 2, 2020, 00:23  Jivaro 

There was a guy who posted a 2,500ish hour negative review on one of the f2p mmos on steam the other day. I was flipping through my cue and I noticed it, chuckled and moved on. I didn't read it because the game totally didn't seem interesting...forget the title. I just remember seeing the 2500+ hours played and a red downward thumb and I was like...WTF....  

News Comments > Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses

16. Re: Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses Apr 1, 2020, 23:53  Jivaro 

This is my shocked face.  

News Comments > PONG Quest Announced

1. Re: PONG Quest Announced Apr 1, 2020, 05:08  Jivaro 

Nobody:

Some dude: Hey folks! Le'ts make Pong into an RPG!

News Comments > Get Rayman Legends for Free

3. Re: Get Rayman Legends for Free Apr 1, 2020, 05:02  Jivaro 

Getting this I was reminded that I own Rayman Origins already. I think it was in a Humble Bundle or something. Guess I have the time to take a look at them.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2020, 11:27  Jivaro 

PS: Breakfast Links is an awesome subtitle.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2020, 11:24  Jivaro 

Blue, I switched from HotS to Minion Masters for my fix. It's sort of a card/moba/tower defense game cross. I too tend to focus on a game or a few games. My go to's are Skyrim SE modded all to hell, Diablo3, SWTOR, and Minion Masters. Sure, games come out that I play...but in the end I always seem to end up back at those 4.  

35. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2020, 02:40  Jivaro 

Get well soon Prez.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 18, 2020, 21:46  Jivaro 

I have a PS4 Pro, a PS4, two PS3s, a PS2, a PSOne, two psps, and a Vita. It's a safe bet I will get a PS5 at some point. I just think it's going to be later rather than sooner. I just got a gfx card upgrade and these days everything is coming to PC eventually.  

News Comments > Blade Runner Remake Plans

13. Re: Blade Runner Remake Plans Mar 12, 2020, 23:29  Jivaro 

I would play a remake but I would prefer if they created a new story in the same universe. There are a lot of possibilities there beyond the stories of Rick Decker and Ray McCoy.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2020, 23:18  Jivaro 

Just now the NBA suspended the season due to COVID-19.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adds Wishlists

3. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Wishlists Mar 10, 2020, 18:58  Jivaro 

Wishlists? Really? I am not against the Epic Store or anything, but I could have chosen at least 10 other much more practical and useful features to add before I would have gotten to wishlists. I suppose from Epic's point of view adding another way to collect customer data was a priority.  

News Comments > Horizon: Zero Dawn Dawns on PC This Summer

13. Re: Horizon: Zero Dawn Dawns on PC This Summer Mar 10, 2020, 15:05  Jivaro 

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2020, 12:10:
Well that took a while. Heard this game is amazing.

It is amazing. I didn't ever get around to playing the expansion on PS4, but the base game was a lot of fun. If they get mouse controls right I ill definitely buy it again and play the whole thing on PC.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Early Access Nears

11. Re: Baldur's Gate III Early Access Nears Mar 6, 2020, 11:38  Jivaro 

Not enough real life time to do early access anymore. I might still beta test a game once in awhile, I don't really have a problem with early access or beta, I just don't have the time to make it worth it to me.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 20 Next Week

6. Re: Diablo III Season 20 Next Week Mar 4, 2020, 21:38  Jivaro 

I pick a different class each season, play until it gets old and then shelf it. I think I have skipped a couple of seasons and I am only a Paragon 800 something, but I have gotten a lot of fun out of it. Horrid launch but Blizzard turned it around.  

3125 Comments. 157 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >