Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 3054 (Veteran)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Kingpin: Reloaded Announced

3. Re: Kingpin: Reloaded Announced Jan 17, 2020, 20:50 Jivaro

This was one of my favorite single player shooters. Relieving it once with a facelift of sorts actually sounds kinda cool. I am, in general, pretty cool with these minor upgrade re-releases provided they don't try to charge a stupid amount.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed

5. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jan 16, 2020, 21:04 Jivaro

Expectations are pretty high, seems like a sensible move.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

96. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 22:11 Jivaro

Won't lie, I saw the headline and the post count and I had to stop, go to the bathroom, get a snack and a drink, sit down, and now I am ready to take this in...  

News Comments > GameAssistant Plans

9. Re: GameAssistant Plans Jan 12, 2020, 14:04 Jivaro

RaZ0r! wrote on Jan 11, 2020, 19:11:
It's like the GeForce Experience application that also fixes crashes and enables cheats, but doesn't update your nvidia drivers. And it's got that classic Windows XP interface. Looks like a real winner. I really mean that. Why are you laughing?

I know I am laughing because I came here to post the same thing...

News Comments > Out of the Blue

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2020, 17:38 Jivaro

Happy Birthday and thank you Frans!  

News Comments > Op Ed

4. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2020, 12:33 Jivaro

With all the bundles and free games on all the platforms over the lat decade I am pretty sure that I could never buy another game again and still have more then enough games to keep me entertained for the rest of my life. If AAA wants me to keep buying they need to convince me that what they are releasing is better then any of the games that I already have in a very long backlog. I can't be the only one looking at new games this way.  

News Comments > Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free

7. Re: Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free Dec 31, 2019, 16:41 Jivaro

Relax folks, I sacrificed an infant and a goat before my last free game pickup, that should keep the armaggeddon at bay for a few hundred thousand downloads at least.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2019, 14:27 Jivaro

The Raiders ended their last game as the OAKLAND Raiders by going for it all on the last play of the game. It sucks that they didn't make it, but that is exactly what Al Davis would have done. Hopefully they can get off to a stable start in Vegas next year.

The 49ers got spectacularly lucky at the very end there, but they pulled the win. What a game! That first round bye is huge for a injury nagged defense like the 49ers have right now. I have been one of the cynical fans all year but it's getting harder to continue looking at this team as overachieving. I still think the Packers or the Saints are going to take the NFC but as a Niner fan its nice to be in the discussion.

News Comments > Get Shadow Tactics for Free

24. Re: Get Shadow Tactics for Free Dec 29, 2019, 13:40 Jivaro

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 29, 2019, 13:12:
Ant wrote on Dec 29, 2019, 02:23:
No kidding. Why pay when you can wait to get them for free.

Because you A) Have moral values. B) Aren't a broke parasite. C) Aren't bribed into turning a blind eye towards evil.

Wow Ant, I never knew you were so lacking in morals. Turning a blind eye to evil AND being a broke parasite! You evil little insect you!

lol

News Comments > Get Shadow Tactics for Free

23. Re: Get Shadow Tactics for Free Dec 29, 2019, 13:37 Jivaro

Alamar wrote on Dec 29, 2019, 11:28:
mirthy wrote on Dec 28, 2019, 18:37:
Twitch also gives free games if you have prime.

Is something really free if you only get it if you pay money?

You aren't wrong Alamar but I would point out that when I (and I assume a fair amount of people) subbed for Prime we either didn't expect or didn't know about the Twitch thing or the free games. In addition, the Twitch stuff is nice and all but I am not judging whether to keep my Prime subscription based on it.

Perhaps younger folks do, I don't know, but it seems like a stretch.

News Comments > etc., etc.

46. Re: etc., etc. Dec 28, 2019, 12:00 Jivaro

As someone who hasn't read the books and has probably only played about 25% of the content in all 3 games total; I find the show very entertaining. The timeline is a challenge, my wife really is put off by that, but I have found Calanthe's (sp?) death/life to be a reference point I can use usually.

I even dig the casting, which apparently many people are miffed about.

News Comments > Castle Wolfenstein Creator Profiled

6. Re: Castle Wolfenstein Creator Profiled Dec 27, 2019, 01:27 Jivaro

Not my first video game, but one of my favorites. First played it on Apple IIe  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2019, 21:42 Jivaro

Merry Christmas all  

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen Release

10. Re: Black Mesa Xen Release Dec 24, 2019, 22:28 Jivaro

I am waiting until after EA, but I am seriously looking forward to playing this.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Exploit Closed

9. Re: Fallout 76 Exploit Closed Dec 24, 2019, 18:11 Jivaro

...and I thought Hellgate: London was a clusterfuck. Fallout 76 is on a whole other level of clusterfuckedness.

News Comments > TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s

44. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 22, 2019, 19:23 Jivaro

Diablo 3 wasn't on my list only because of it's release condition. It took the expansion and a lot of patches to make it the great game it is now. I probably have more hours in it than any other game in my list except Skyrim though so...yeah... Good call IMHO Pepe. Same with WoW honorable mention. The last couple expansions in particular have surprised me.  

39. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 21, 2019, 21:19 Jivaro

Not a bad idea, I would expect that would lead to me trying some new games as individuals often have 1 or 2 games on their personal lists that never make the big lists. Personally, I like "Top 5 games I like and you probably haven't played" type lists. The GTA, Minecraft, and Skyrims' of the world are going to be on all lists. I like hearing about the games people played when the reviews sucked and turned out to be good, or the indie game with addictive gameplay....or whatever.  

37. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 21, 2019, 20:26 Jivaro

As subjective mainstream Top 10 lists go, this isn't horrible.

Grand Theft Auto 5 is the best game in a long line of GOTY nominees.
TLOZ:BOTW did in fact turn out to be a Zelda game worthy of the name
Fortnite, as someone else here said, is quite simply the game even your parents know of. Is it better than say PUBG? Who cares, it's Coke, PUBG is Pepsi at this point.
Dark Souls might not have been the game in the series I would have personally picked but there is no arguing that it took the genre beyond niche and to the mainstream with it's gameplay and graphics.
League of Legends, again...you could argue about DOTA2 and LOL all day but LOL is the one my parents have heard of and I am 45 and never played it.
Pokemon Go, this is where I disagree but I can't argue with it much because again...there are some games that some might consider better in the same genre but this is gold standard.
Minecraft. Duh.
Skyrim. Duh.
Portal 2...I don't agree with this choice. I don't really understand it's inclusion. Its a great game but..TOP 10 of the decade? no.
Disco Elysium: Sorry, but no.

What would I replace those 3 with? Mass Effect 2 (2010) The Witcher 3 (2015) and Red Dead Redemption (2010).
Honorable Mentions to Dragon Age: Origins which came out in November of 2009 so it doesn't quite qualify and The Last of Us (2013) which I would probably put in the Top 5.

note: I stuck to big name games because TIME did. My personal Top 10 would probably not have so much "AAA" in it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 19, 2019, 21:51 Jivaro

No.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2019, 21:09 Jivaro

I love prime time football as much as the next brain damaged fan, but honestly, how was Sunday and Monday not enough?  

3054 Comments. 153 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >