Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2303 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced
3. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced Aug 24, 2016, 22:19 Jivaro

If you are a Prime member you get it for ~76 bucks if you pre-order through Amazon.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2016, 13:05 Jivaro

I was managing a small chain of Internet gaming cafes when TF was introduced. I don't have to tell anyone here how new Internet gaming and Internet gaming cafes were at the time. That game, along with a few others from the era, have a huge spot in my heart as that 5 years or so on the job was some of the most fun I have had in the working world.

Blue, you might find this bit interesting: We had this custom launcher UI that we used in place of just a Windows desktop wallpaper and the start menu. There was a link to IE of course and our customers would frequently check the Internet for gaming news and hardware info. The two most visited gaming sites on the browsers at the time? VoodooExtreme and BluesNews. This was Denmark Blue...you were global 20 years ago!

Tipsy: Take some comfort in the fact that you are very clearly not the old guy here. Also...my custom .cfg files for both Rocket Arena 2 and TF are in a folder on a USB thumbdrive I keep in my computer desk. You know..in case I get the itch to revisit my youth.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2016, 13:14.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
30. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 12:37 Jivaro

Great game, loving it so far. Bought the PC Collector's Edition on pre-order and I regret nothing. My game runs pretty smoothly despite my rig being woefully under-powered for the settings I am using. I get a consistent 35fps on my High/custom settings. For my style of stealthy style of gameplay, that works out just fine.

Yep, this is exactly what I asked for.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 14:32 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:40:
Nimh wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:19:
Didn't school start last week?

Yup. That's probably the biggest chunk of it right there.

They announced a Harry Potter Go in the last couple of days. You collect "fantastic beasts". My twenty something step-daughter lost her mind.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 14:04 Jivaro

I watched some of the womens gymnastics finals and I watched Bolt race.

Other than that....the tv schedule sucked balls (live, taped, whatever) and the IOC is a mess, so I couldn't be bothered.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Aug 19, 2016, 03:55 Jivaro

I am stoked. Collector's Edition on the way...Madden and this will be fighting for play time for a bit.  

News Comments > Overwatch Animated Short
6. Re: Overwatch Animated Short Aug 19, 2016, 03:52 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 21:31:
Very Disney/Pixar/Short Circuit.

Very impressive.

Why they haven't just started a full on animated movie production studio I do not know. They are leaving money on the table. Hell, some people would sell children, and not just their own, to see weekly 15-30 minute episodes let alone a full movie.

Forget this live action stuff....give me the cartoons!

News Comments > Final Fantasy XV Delayed
5. Re: Final Fantasy XV Delayed Aug 15, 2016, 12:00 Jivaro

I think they believe this game(s) can't just be good, it needs to be a home run. They have ~30 years of consistently "good" games in this franchise but what makes each new release so anticipated is the perception that there is a possibility for another FF6 or FF7....a game that becomes your new favorite or your new benchmark for the genre. It's just my opinion, but I just haven't seen a FF game that did that for quite some time.

If they think 2 months is what it will take to polish it up, more power to them. A strong FF title released going into the holidays would certainly be welcome.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2016, 11:10 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 09:38:
So what you are saying..... is that to get Starbucks beans, it involves BJ's and sucking?

*hands Blue his chapstick*

And everyone chokes at least the first time, you'll get the hang of it

As a former Starbucks employee....I just spit my coffee out.... lol

News Comments > StarCraft HD Next Month?
1. Re: StarCraft II HD Next Month? Aug 5, 2016, 10:37 Jivaro

I can't say I have been dreaming of this but I will admit that it would get me to give it another go through the campaigns. For old times sake.  

News Comments > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 on Steam
4. Re: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 on Steam Jul 26, 2016, 14:17 Jivaro

PHJF wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 13:45:
X-Men Legends 2 was WWAAAYYYYY better.

I would hope so since the first Legends game was a seriously boring piece of crap. A sequel (which I admit, I didn't know they made) would have some serious making up to do.

News Comments > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 on Steam
1. Re: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 on Steam Jul 26, 2016, 13:43 Jivaro

I am such a Marvel fanboy.....I loved these games on PS3 despite the "cheese" and occasional crap voice work. The gameplay was as simplified as you would expect for a console ARPG....so keep that in mind if you are thinking of picking these up. They are fun but "challenging" is not a word I world include when describing the vast majority of the gameplay experience.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 7 Details
5. Re: Diablo III Season 7 Details Jul 20, 2016, 13:00 Jivaro

shihonage wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 04:22:
Cain's Life Matters

lol..

+1

News Comments > TEKKEN 7 Bob and Master Raven Trailer
1. Re: TEKKEN 7 Bob and Master Raven Trailer Jul 18, 2016, 23:26 Jivaro

Damn, Tekken is looking good this time around.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jul 14, 2016, 23:36 Jivaro

shihonage wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 23:29:
As per usual with NVidia drivers, a sane person waits for a month before upgrading, in order to check for reports of people's computers melting and exploding their houses.

Good advice.

By the way..bought your game.

News Comments > Overwatch Plans
3. Re: Overwatch Plans Jul 14, 2016, 16:24 Jivaro

fawker wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 15:18:
Then they would sell less loot boxes.

Bingo! We have a winner!

News Comments > Splinter Cell for Free
2. Re: Splinter Cell for Free Jul 13, 2016, 12:21 Jivaro

Numinar wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 10:53:
Oh awesome, it's been a decade or more since I gave this a whirl. Great game.

I never played it. Somehow this ended up on the "I will get to that later" list....and than I never got back to it. Same thing with Sands of Time. These two giveaways are perfect.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
10. Re: Gamer finds dead body while testing Pokémon Go’s GPS features Jul 10, 2016, 09:11 Jivaro

CSI: Pokemon  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2016, 10:27 Jivaro

Yakuza 5 being free (if you live in Europe) was a mistake and is no longer the case. (according to an update in the article that is linked)  

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
5. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 29, 2016, 12:38 Jivaro

This game "looks" like something I would love....and yet it is getting pretty sub-par critical reviews. I hate it when that happens.  

2303 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo