Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2796 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Street Fighter V Free Weekend
10. Re: Street Fighter V Free Weekend Dec 15, 2018, 09:25 Jivaro

This is the least fun version of Street Fighter I have ever played, and it's easily the worst "AAA" fighter of this console generation.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split
40. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2018, 08:55 Jivaro

Primalchrome wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 21:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 19:22:
wtf, you forgot the link app. /s
https://store.steampowered.com/steamlink/about
https://youtu.be/Y7tvauOJMHo

Did you see that you can run Link on a little Raspberry Pi now? I think it's a free download.....pretty cool on the whole.

It is cool. Works great.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Dec 11, 2018, 15:25 Jivaro

Epic will get it sorted. All this Chicken Little shit is fascinating though. I would think with all the other stores that have opened we would be past that point by now.  

News Comments > Dragon Age The Dread Wolf Rises Teased
9. Re: Dragon Age The Dread Wolf Rises Teased Dec 7, 2018, 18:51 Jivaro

Gives me plenty of time to finish up DAI. I guess.

News Comments > RAGE 2 in May
19. Re: RAGE 2 in May Dec 7, 2018, 18:46 Jivaro

I am in. I liked the first one and have been looking forward to this for bit. Full disclosure: I didn't experience ANY of the problems so many other users did. There were a lot, I remember because I think that was the first time in my life that I was that lucky with a new release.  

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
14. Re: Anthem Demo in February Dec 7, 2018, 15:42 Jivaro

I think it's going to be fun at first...the issue is whether or not it can sustain my interest past a week or so. That really is the problem I am having with all the shooters lately.

"It's not you, it's me"...

News Comments > Path of Exile Betrayal Launches
2. Re: Path of Exile Betrayal Launches Dec 7, 2018, 15:39 Jivaro

I know things have gotten better these days, but I still find myself waiting a week or two before I try to play a new content patch of any MMO/online game. I have found that in my old age I am less patient about the normal problems and would rather play a different game and wait until things are sorted then try to battle through it.

Good to hear it's not really that bad though. Maybe I will jump in after the weekend.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 5, 2018, 21:29 Jivaro

That Kingslayer bundle is a really good deal. I own all of it or I would be all over it.  

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires Carmageddon
4. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires Carmageddon Dec 3, 2018, 23:59 Jivaro

It's a good name for a franchise, the previous games varied a bit in quality but were generally good fun, and it probably didn't cost much to buy.

I hope they make some good games with it.

News Comments > Blizzard Reminder: Diablo Revelations Coming Next Year
7. Re: Blizzard Reminder: Diablo Revelations Coming Next Year Dec 1, 2018, 19:52 Jivaro

Yeah they keep using that "multiple projects" term.

If they would just come out and say Diablo 4 is coming when its done that would end a bunch of the anger. It obviously would stir up the media types, but at least the actual paying customers wouldn't be looking to burn down Blizzard.

The longer they don't say that...the more cynical I get. I don't want first person Diablo. (for example) It is so easy to be clear about these things and yet they continue to be vague even in the face of such negative press and consumer reaction. It seems kinda weird and counter-productive to me.

News Comments > Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3?
16. Re: Randy Pitchford Teasing Borderlands 3? Dec 1, 2018, 19:46 Jivaro

If another B game is coming I am waiting for reviews and a deep discount. The prequel was really disappointing.  

News Comments > Wasteland Remaster Planned
5. Re: Wasteland Remaster Planned Nov 29, 2018, 22:12 Jivaro

Despite being more than old enough to have played the original, I actually never did. I own it now, it came with my copy of the sequel, but still haven't even installed it. The sequel was fun but playing it with worse graphics, sounds, etc didn't sound appealing. Because of all that, this is one remaster I am really looking forward to.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Man's 'beer belly' turned out to be a 77-pound tumor Nov 29, 2018, 12:35 Jivaro

I keep telling my wife that my stomach should be checked for this...she isn't buying it...  

News Comments > LEGO DC Super-Villains Getting Aquaman DLC
1. Re: LEGO DC Super-Villains Getting Aquaman DLC Nov 29, 2018, 12:33 Jivaro

DownLoaded Cod?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Nov 28, 2018, 22:41 Jivaro

I do buy CE's when I actually purchase a new game while it's still "new". (yes, I either spend 100-200 dollars for the whole CE experience or I wait it out until it's like 5 bucks. A man of extremes, what can I say?) I am glad I skipped this game. It's just a big fuck you to the customers all the way around.  

News Comments > FTC Will Look Into Loot Boxes
9. Re: FTC Will Look Into Loot Boxes Nov 28, 2018, 12:35 Jivaro

if you always get something from a loot box can it really be considered gambling?

I mean...the value of what you get is variable, but you never get "nothing". In that way games companies can argue that there isn't any gambling going on.

Or am I misunderstanding/missing something?

(PS: I am as irritated by loot boxes as anybody, but I had resigned myself to the belief that the video games industry had found a way around the "rules" by simply creating tiers of rewards and eliminating the possibility of getting nothing.)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2018, 21:26 Jivaro

Nikan wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 16:58:
"A Florida man"

Say no more.

Seriously..wtf Florida Man.

News Comments > CDPR Aims for RDR2 Refinement in Cyberpunk 2077
29. Re: CDPR Aims for RDR2 Refinement in Cyberpunk 2077 Nov 26, 2018, 08:34 Jivaro

Suckage wrote on Nov 26, 2018, 04:13:
I imagine that, as a publicly traded company, cdpr must hype up their games for their investors.

The difference between "adding dat polish" & "delayed and in development hell" is all about presentation.

News Comments > Diablo IV in Development Hell?
19. Re: Diablo IV in Development Hell? Nov 23, 2018, 13:38 Jivaro

We can get 546 incremental versions of Call of Duty or Madden, but Blizzard seems dead set on reinventing Diablo. From D3's initial release to this Hades stuff....it is just baffling. People bitch about "same as the last one" releases but the numbers don't lie, the fans eat it up.

I mean, if you want to release something different from the same universe that's cool..but don't call it a name that will trigger the potential customers waiting on something more akin to what they know they already love. I understand modernization and creativity and all the other catch phrases but sometimes people just want "new & different, but kinda the same".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2018, 11:14 Jivaro

Happy Birthday Blue  

2796 Comments. 140 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo