Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brant King

Real Name Brant King   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jivaro
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 23, 2010, 17:26
Total Comments 2403 (Senior)
User ID 55841

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 9, 2016, 11:26 Jivaro

Anybody tried Shadow Tactics:BofS? I just learned of it yesterday, watched some videos...looks right up my alley. I added it to my Steam wishlist to remind myself that I was interested later if I work the backlog down a bit. That said, if anybody has actually played it I would love to read your thoughts on it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 11:21 Jivaro

The psychology behind some of the most successful games and even whole genres is fascinating, even if it makes you a little uncomfortable or even upset to think that your "want" to keep playing is actually something that is predictably and intentionally generated.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2016, 12:21 Jivaro

You and me see eye to eye on that. I would rank it up there with my all time favorite, the Genesis, as well. I am going to get a Pro eventually. Nothing out there I am willing to upgrade for yet but it's only a matter of time. The fighting and sports games I play primarily on console will probably all have "Pro Only" upgrades as early as next year. I like the concept of VR but not enough to buy into it on console yet. My first true home VR system will be on a PC and I haven't done that yet so that option doesn't sell me on a console upgrade.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2016, 11:56 Jivaro

Its about the games and not much more at this point. My relationship with Sony as a fanboy is solid, but we have an open relationship. They screw me regularly, but I have gaming affairs on other platforms all the time. It's sort of unspoken agreement.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2016, 22:15 Jivaro

My motherboard on my gaming rig has died.

I am now using a machine that runs on Vista....for basically everything.

My family is taking bets on how long I will will endure before I go buy a new motherboard..if not a new rig all together.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 18, 2016, 09:57 Jivaro

But it would it really be any different if it was a Samsung or an LG or just about anybody else? I really dislike Apple, but that dislike has pretty much spread to the entire cell phone industry at this point. LG, Samsung, Sony....they would all do the same shitty things. They have and they do.

The whole cell phone industry is a mess atm.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2016, 10:06 Jivaro

Task wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 10:30:
I wonder if they all make a lthird gen ps4 in a year or two, like a super slim best version.

Sony Playstation Pro, Capcom Edition: Ultimate Super Playstation Pro! Available in multiple colors and global stereotype-based themes!

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend
4. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Next Weekend Nov 10, 2016, 11:52 Jivaro

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 11:18:
No I don't think Blizzard games go on sale too often

not until all the expansions and patches are done, the battle chest is published, and the sequel is released...at least it seems that way.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 11:50 Jivaro

A Billion Blues....

There has to be shirt we can buy or make or something right?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 12:46 Jivaro

My wife and I tried to vote by mail this year. First time I had done anything like it since I was living outside of the country. My ballot was brought to me by a concerned neighbor when he found it at the bottom of a rain gutter along our street. Soaked and ruined, I now have to take it to the polling station so I can do a provisional ballot. My wife is in the same spot since hers never actually showed up at all and here in California they have been telling us "don't worry about delays, mail in ballot will arrive on time!" instead of actually taking any reports of delays seriously.

Knowing your ballot won't be counted for, in some cases, two weeks...takes a bit out of it. I wish my mail in ballot experience was as good as so many others have said.

FYI, I have talked to at least 20 of my fellow neighbors at a recent home owners association meeting...they also requested mail in ballots and they didn't get them either. We live in a district that has Democrat local politics but somehow the Reps keep getting the state level spots and the important bills end up with whatever the Reps wanted. When I say that my neighbors are now ready to believe just about any conspiracy theory regarding Republican gerrymandering..I mean it. I am not sure I buy into that but clearly someone screwed up somewhere or someone intentionally went around trashing ballots in mailboxes. For being the leaders of the free world, this country really has a fucked up voting system.

This really ought to be a National Holiday by now...if nothing else. Make the process the focus of the entire country for one day. It seems like it's important enough for that. Not just to us as citizens but to the world as a whole.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2016, 13:10.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 7, 2016, 11:11 Jivaro

Many Boffins died to bring us this information.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2016, 22:44 Jivaro

Came back to say thanks for all the additional info and links...didn't get to it today but it is now on my list for the week!  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 6, 2016, 11:25 Jivaro

I find myself unsurprised by this. Is there a reason I should be?  

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
30. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 6, 2016, 01:23 Jivaro

Devinoch wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 14:32:
I was expecting an announcement of... something significantly more substantial, I think that's all I'm saying. Warcraft 4, maybe a resurrected Starcraft: Ghost, a new MMO, something more than "here's new stuff for things you already know about" and fairly lackluster at that. But maybe it's just not for me anymore, and that's fair.

I think it was a fair expectation to have given Blizzard's own release schedule over some time. I mean, the last 3 years alone show a pretty obvious pattern: Overwatch came out in May of this year, HotS was June of 2015, and Hearthstone was March of 2014. It isn't like the precedent for your expectations had not already been set by Blizzard itself to quite some degree. Hoping for a new title in 2017 seemed reasonable given history.

This would be a good time to admit that I have a very corny gamer dream regarding Overwatch so maybe I am a bit forgiving right now. Overwatch, as it stands today, is a pretty fun shooter to me and I love how the development of the game has gone since launch and how it seems to be going forward. The dream is this: If Blizzard made a new MMO that took place in the Overwatch world I would be all about it. In my head, and thus the dream, the Overwatch MMO has to be an action based combat system rather than a tab-select system. The character creator has to be extensive as well so that the vast majority of players can be as individual as the characters of the current Overwatch game. TERA's combat, City of Heroes character creation in terms of texture options and power/class types system, Black Desert's character creation model/mesh manipulation, and than the MMO framework and structure that WoW has taught Blizzard to create after so many years of development. Give it a single player campaign system and 100% game voice acting like SWTOR and holy hell...I might not ever leave my house.

Dreams are great, doubt anything like it will happen though. My tastes in MMO features and design don't seem to jive with even a small minority let alone the majority.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2016, 01:54.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2016, 00:48 Jivaro

NetHead wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 22:45:
will remake Diablo 1 inside Diablo 3

Instead just go play Diablo Belzebub if you want to re/play Diablo 1. Played it earlier this year and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for this link. I am looking forward to giving it a go.

News Comments > GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale
14. Re: GOG.com's Monstrous Fall Sale Nov 5, 2016, 01:13 Jivaro

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 22:54:
Slashman wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 15:25:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 14:55:

Speaking of which, I need to finish up Witcher 1 and 2, so I can get to fucking Witcher 3 already, damn. :(

Witcher 3 is gonna kick your butt. Imagine a Skyrim where ALL the sidequests plus the main quests are actually
really
good.

I know, I keep hearing that, and it sounds awesome, but the OCD won't let me just start Witcher 3 without exhausting Witcher 1 and 2.

We are at the same place. I want to play the first two before I play the third. For whatever reason there is this franchise that checks all the right boxes on my "want in a game" list and yet the entire franchise remains on my backlog. I mean, I played the first game for a couple hours..long enough to love the content and hate the controls. I am pretty sure that is what keeps me from coming back to finish it and move on with the story. It's sorta stupid because I can mod the controls or just power through it like I have done with many games. It's not like the controls are on par with waterboarding, they are just not entirely comfortable either. From what I understand the controls got much better after the first game as well.

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
23. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 5, 2016, 00:50 Jivaro

Devinoch wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 21:38:
This was their big reveal of the show? Really?

err..no. It was the big reveal regarding Diablo 3 but hardly for Blizzard's show. I suggest reading some of the other headlines from their other games if you haven't already. I am pretty sure you will pick out the 2 (minimum) announcements that Blizzard considers their big reveals of the show pretty quickly.

edit: I don't want to come off as a smart ass as that isn't my intent so here are the two I think are easily the big reveals as far as Blizzard is concerned: Allen is back and Overwatch League is a go. The Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm expansions/content would probably be next. This content for D3 is fan service more than anything. That's probably how Blizz looks at it..or at least I think so. As for us gamers, I suppose it all depends on your tastes...but yeah...this is a letdown if you were really banking on either a full expansion or D4. Personally I was hoping for HD D2. This D1 inside of D3 will be a fun consolation prize I imagine though.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2016, 00:58.

News Comments > Overwatch Sombra Announced
4. Re: Overwatch Sombra Announced Nov 4, 2016, 16:40 Jivaro

This will be a movie or TV thing in no time. Warcraft was just the beginning.  

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
8. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 14:13 Jivaro

Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 13:02:
So why would a game company go cross-platform? So PC users can tell console users what terrible people they are while destroying them less due to skill and more due to equipment?

That tends to be my bottom line as well. At the end of the day not everybody enjoys gaming the same way. If two different ways of gaming are successful monetarily, I wouldn't think you (as a developer or publisher) would be anxious to do anything that might upset that balance....regardless of what the actual gamers say. The sales numbers tell the story better than any forum thread full of the vocal minority might. At least from a certain point of view. We all find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. Smartass

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2016, 13:44 Jivaro

Wait wait wait....

Your avatar's gender matters? They don't just make one avatar with if/then rules? I don't XBOX, or at least I haven't since the origal XBOX, but I was messing with the MS Store this morning and holy shit they make it weird to do nearly anything....including purchase something. That said, this avatar costume thing has me perplexed. Admittedly that isn't hard to accomplish but...

Are you not allowed to change your avatar's gender? Don't you keep a collection of avatar costume pieces? So if today I feel like my avatar looking like Billy Bob and tomorrow I want it to look like Billie Jean...I can't do that or if I do I have to go re-purchase/download all (or just the one I want) the costumes I already have so they are gender appropriate? I ask because MS won't let me download 2 of those costumes because "my avatar is the wrong gender". I think it's a really bad idea to make avatars defined in any way by gender but that isn't the point. The point is that I am used to keeping an avatar collection with most apps and services and I just pick the one I feel like going with that day, week, month..whatever. So if I am reading everything correctly MS has theirs setup so if I choose an avatar with a different gender than my current avatar I have to go search out and download a whole new "version" of whatever avatar costume it is that I might already have but apparently need to get MS's approval before I commit to my virtual gender swap.

So..since it's been so long since I used an XBOX or XBOX live...and I have never used Live on an actual XBOX...what part of all of this am I missing because I am a little surprised that MS would even bother wading into the gender discussion. I mean, they aren't going to get reliable data from it so I don't see the upside. What am I missing? I don't recall ever setting up an avatar before but it's obvious I did looking at my current one...but I don't remember anything about gender so perhaps I did it before the current avatar system? I don't know. Just seems weird to me in 2016 to have an entertainment service essentially force you to declare your gender identity online to them or at the very least make it so you are making an avatar based on gender and whatever MS considers "normal".

edit: I know I am way overthinking this and don't confuse this as a SJW getting ready to charge into battle. I hardly use XBOX anything for anything so my opinion is always going to be that the actual users are the ones that need to get in MS's ear if they have an issue...not people like me that hardly use it. I am just asking here because I am curious and I figure someone here probably knows.

2403 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo