Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Siygess

Real Name Siygess   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 6, 2010, 14:42
Total Comments 71 (Suspect)
User ID 55818

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer
9. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 15:22 Siygess

The only "mistake" I noticed was at the end of the clip where it says N7 Day 2015..  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
10. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 12:07 Siygess

It does to a certain extent (just like the original) but it chops off part of the UI. Most people don't even notice that something is missing but once you do notice, it's kind of annoying. Gotta wait for those mods to get updated which fix it.  

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
2. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 11:01 Siygess

I can't believe this game STILL doesn't natively support 21:9  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition Returns
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition Returns Sep 16, 2016, 05:50 Siygess

They don't seem to understand that an MP-only game is only likely to be successful if it has no competition in the genre or it is a best-in-class title in a crowded market. Siege is neither.

Even if the gameplay has (d)evolved over time, the SP / Co-Op campaign stuff is still what most people seemed to enjoy about the series. So lopping that off has turned Siege into the R6 title nobody asked for and it seems, nobody wants. This is GR:Phantoms all over again.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced
6. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced Jun 15, 2016, 07:23 Siygess

Urgh. Feels like Capcom are stalling for time while they figure out what to do with the franchise with this "Meanwhile.." release. It would have made more sense as a standalone title (like Revelations or, er, Gun Crisis) or better yet, as a game that didn't fall under the Resident Evil umbrella at all.

Heh. Umbrella.

News Comments > Three Unannounced CAPCOM Games Coming
13. Re: Three Unannounced CAPCOM Games Coming May 11, 2016, 04:39 Siygess

The main branch of the Resident Evil series is kind of like 24. Each new release is more preposterous than the last and to paraphrase Die Hard, "How can the same s**t happen to the same world seven times?".. but you know what? I'm fine with that. So maybe RE7 will have six different campaigns and twelve difference characters and most of it will take place on the moon? Bring it on! If you're not going to reboot the franchise and you aren't going to end it, the only smart thing to do is embrace the crazy.

It also helps that Revelations is there to appease the "They don't make 'em like they used to" crowd and Capcom is re-releasing the older titles so everybody can see exactly how they used to make 'em.

Ultimately, I will buy all of the above because I've enjoyed everything they have put out so far.

Yes, even ORC..

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times Vermintide: Drachenfels DLC This Month
1. Re: Warhammer: End Times Vermintide: Drachenfels DLC This Month May 5, 2016, 04:25 Siygess

Vampires not included? Am disappoint!  

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
34. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 5, 2016, 05:14 Siygess

Frijoles wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 23:15:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 21:00:
Frijoles wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 17:35:
I don't recall there being a restriction on characters that you can pick, so I believe a Tracer and Widowmaker could play together. Seems wrong now.

Huh? You were right with the first sentence. There is no character limit. Your team could play all Widowmakers and Tracers if you'd like.

Right, and that makes me wonder what the point is of developing all this lore. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but then we turn around and jump in a match to fight side by side. At least in Heroes, enemies of one another make comments about it, and they're fighting in the Nexus, so it isn't as weird. There's a huge disconnect between the game and the lore, IMO, which is very unlike Blizzard.

"Here's a lot of great videos that have nothing to do with the game!"

I completely agree with you. All this world building for a game - and genre of game - that doesn't even remotely warrant it. I can only hope that Agent.X7's sentiment is correct and that Blizzard plan to make a real game based on the Overwatch setting some time in the future

If they didn't, it would be like Bioware creating all the lore and characters for the Mass Effect series and then releasing nothing but ME3 multiplayer.. a real missed opportunity.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
13. Re: Overwatch Trailer Mar 23, 2016, 20:04 Siygess

Wonderful short and I'm digging the visual style. Blizzard really have a knack for this.

But.. all this for a team based shooter? I just don't get it. With Diablo, Starcraft.. even WoW, there was an opportunity for narrative.. a chance to do something with all the lore they had created. Even Titanfall manages to shove a bit of story in your face at the start of a round and follow that up with some NPCs doing.. stuff in the match, even if nobody else is paying any attention to it. But from all the footage I have seen of Overwatch, this is just Unreal Tournament with a coat of Blizzard paint; Not a bad thing in itself but it means these videos have almost nothing to do with the game you will be playing.

Oh well, hopefully Overwatch will be successful enough that Blizzard follows it up with a half decent single player or co-op title set in the same universe.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
4. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 13, 2016, 14:04 Siygess

While interaction with the world in the PU is very.. janky.. I feel like Crusader does a good job of showcasing the game's potential. There is something very cool about being able to drop the ramp of your ship, jump out the back and EVA over to your buddies ship so you can steal it while he's out fixing the comms array.  

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt
20. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 18:01 Siygess

Kxmode wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 17:19:
Siygess wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 17:09:
Heh, 'This' release of Star Wars Battlefront. I'm sure they will be excited to sell us such content in Battlefront 4.

As for TFA.. well, damn. A solid B- as a sci-fi film but I feel like JJ baked a chocolate cake but forgot to add in any chocolate.. and dealt with it by sprinkling a little on the top and making little jokes about it so it could be sold as a modern twist on the flavour you were expecting. Ironic chocolate cake.

After the opening crawl I felt nothing. Not even Ep 1 - 3 can make that claim!

You cannot embrace the new film. I can respect that. However, I would like to point out that you, like mellis, represent a minority of people who do not like the new film. I, on the other hand, represent the vast MAJORITY of people who do love the new film and look forward to seeing how the story unfolds... including the Anthology films (Rogue One, Han Solo, Boba Fett)

True enough. I have many friends who are Star Wars fans like myself and they all think I'm crazy.

Then again, I remember walking out of the cinema after watching Phantom Menace and we were all buzzing (indeed many fans were). Over time, over analysis and weird Internet peer pressure have taken their toll and most of them would now repeat the popular denial that the prequel films ever existed. I, on the other hand, still enjoy them as Star Wars movies flawed though they are.

My gut tells me that - despite the lack of Jar Jar - it will take even less time for popular opinion to turn against TFA. But hey, as a Star Wars fan I am extremely envious of anyone who saw that film and was able to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed 1 - 6.

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt
15. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 17:09 Siygess

Heh, 'This' release of Star Wars Battlefront. I'm sure they will be excited to sell us such content in Battlefront 4.

As for TFA.. well, damn. A solid B- as a sci-fi film but I feel like JJ baked a chocolate cake but forgot to add in any chocolate.. and dealt with it by sprinkling a little on the top and making little jokes about it so it could be sold as a modern twist on the flavour you were expecting. Ironic chocolate cake.

After the opening crawl I felt nothing. Not even Ep 1 - 3 can make that claim!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Supremacy Mode Details
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Supremacy Mode Details Aug 13, 2015, 16:23 Siygess

Right, but that was just the aforementioned multiplayer maps fulled with bots, strung together with a bit of narration between maps. I don't recall any maps that were unique to 'single player' nor any scripted sequences or overall effort to tailor the gameplay and make it feel as though you were doing anything more than capturing control points.

I still played the heck out of it though

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed
9. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed Aug 13, 2015, 04:38 Siygess

Oh, and yeah, Dino Crisis HD? Thumbs up!  

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed
8. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed Aug 13, 2015, 04:37 Siygess

I have to disagree about Zero - RE1 is the only Resi game I played on a console (well, that and Survivor) and when it came out for the PC, that was the platform I stuck with. As Zero was never released on the PC before, there is definitely value in doing so with a HD makeover (and just wait, I bet they do Code Veronica too). Nemesis is pretty much a sure thing too, IMHO and then you have all the main games in the series available in shiny-o-vision.

I have a sneaking suspicion they are doing this because Capcom have no intention of diverting the crazy train that is the series in it's current state (e.g. 5 and 6) but have at least acknowledged the demand from their fans to return to their roots. I doubt we will ever get a 'new' game in the old style - Revelations is probably as close as it's going to get - but honestly I'm okay with that. Hell, I even liked O:RC!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Aug 6, 2015, 09:05 Siygess

Don't expect Rogue Squadron 2015, expect.. well, Star Wars Battlefront 2015 (aka 3). Everything we see here has been done before, albeit with less pretty graphics and no paid DLC. So far, the only significant changes I can see are:

1) No single player "story" mode aka MP maps chained together and filled with bots.
2) Arcadey space combat has been replaced by arcadey atmospheric combat, with presumably no capital ship interaction (which is a shame - that was fun). I'm really not sure where this 'on rails' thing has come from. This ain't SW:TOR
3) Ships + Ground combat now takes place on the 'normal' maps, where modern day soldiers have been swapped for Stromtroopers and your F-16 A1A1A1A1s have been swapped for X-Wings. In the previous games, you could only have both in the small number of 'space' maps.

Expecting the next Battlefront game to be anything other than another Battlefront game is wishful thinking and also kind of crazy

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser
12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser Aug 4, 2015, 07:41 Siygess

The fact that it takes place in an atmosphere makes me think that they just adapted the existing flight model from the Battlefield games to make it work with X-Wings and the like, rather than try to make it work in space (which feels a bit lazy). However, in terms of the gameplay on offer, it's really no different from the previous Battlefront games where the space combat was accessible to the point of being arcadey.. and since that's why I enjoyed it, I can't very well hold it against them.

So.. more* of the same but with a next gen engine? Yeah, I'll have some of that.

* well, technically less. But I'm sure once EA have released all that DLC you will have roughly the same number of game modes and maps as Battlefront 2.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Announced
29. Re: BATTLETECH Announced Jul 29, 2015, 17:41 Siygess

Although I got burned with MWT, I'm willing to put my faith in Harebrained after the great job they have done with the Shadowrun games. Fingers crossed!  

News Comments > Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition on Steam
1. Re: Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition on Steam Mar 27, 2015, 16:58 Siygess

It's a little pricey but I'm glad this is happening, I was always a bit miffed by the lack of story DLC which the console players have previously enjoyed.

Come on, Capcom, PC Dragon's Dogma. You know you wanna.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
17. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 12:13 Siygess

I had a similar experience with the ME3 multiplayer; For me it was surprisingly enjoyable and it extended the longevity of the game since.. well, after that ending I had zero interest in replaying the single player portion of ME3 unlike the previous two titles.

Since the development team for the MP portion were separate to the SP team.. and continued expansion of the multiplayer content was surely funded by the Evil EA Microtransactions, the only impact ME3 MP might have had on the single player portion was to soak up a portion of the development budget. However, budget had nothing to do with the crazy that was coming out of the writing team towards the end. To this day, I am sure the real blame lays at the feet of JJ Abrams because I'm pretty sure Mac and Casey had a marathon "Lost" binge before coming up with that one.

71 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo