Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1058 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dishonored 2 in November
19. Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 07:10 yuastnav

VaranDragon wrote on May 4, 2016, 04:03:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on May 4, 2016, 01:35:
Cutter wrote on May 3, 2016, 22:55:
Enh, I was pretty meh about the first one. Just didn't grab me at all. If I get this it'll be on a deep discount.

You lead a miserable, joyless life. What do you like?

Some people just don't like Steampunk. Not that Cutter likes anything, but that was the problem in my case. A single player FPS Steam-punk game ala Thief, but not as good as Thief, was not really something that attracted me too much. I skipped it as a result, despite a lot of my friends playing and loving the game. Not my cup of Tea. Peace out.

Heh, I absolutely cannot stand the sight of steampunk but I loved Dishonoured to bits. It wasn't really in your face or maybe I just ignored it. I actually never thought about it as a steampunk game because when I think of steampunk I think of useless gears etc.

Really looking forward to Dishonoured 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
28. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 15:39 yuastnav

Yeah, with what is currently thrown on the market I doubt we'll see another Jedi Knight game again.

Another problem is also the engine. They did a really good job with the Quake engine so making another engine that can simulate lightsaber fights is going to be difficult.

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
42. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 29, 2016, 10:51 yuastnav

Within the first 15 seconds of watching some gameplay the following questions immediately popped up in my head.

Why is the gun so big?
Why is the crosshair so big?
Why is the FOV so small?
Why are there railings everywhere, where are the walls?
Why is this game so slow?
Why are there executions?
Why do the graphics look so boring and why does everything look like plastic? Hell, why does this game look like Doom 3 on a console?

Surely this is not a Doom game. This has to be a fucking joke.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer
1. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 10:37 yuastnav

Looks interesting. Will keep an eye on that.

I like what Streum On did with EYE Divine Cybermancy, had a bit of a WH40K feel to it.

News Comments > EVE Online Citadel Launch
8. Re: EVE Online Citadel Launch Apr 28, 2016, 16:04 yuastnav

Yikes! Too bad. :/

I like sandbox games but I don't really need a second job so I guess I will pass on that game.

There were only four MMOs I was ever interested in. Dark age of Camelot, Star Wars Galaxies, Planetside and E.V.E.

Unfortunately I'm too late to the party for the first two and EVE sounds like too much work. Luckily Planetside 2 was a very fun experience.

News Comments > EVE Online Citadel Launch
4. Re: EVE Online Citadel Launch Apr 28, 2016, 06:47 yuastnav

So, as someone who always wanted to play EVE but couldn't due to one reason or another, can I still get into the game? Are there some guides or something that can help me to start out. Can I have some fun in the universe just by messing around?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 26, 2016, 02:43 yuastnav

jimnms wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 00:25:
I've tried Chrome and I don't really like it. It's OK, but Firefox is more usable to me, with some essential addons of course. A lot of the addons I use aren't available on Chrome, plus unlike Chrome, Firefox doesn't want to run in the background all the time and send spy reports back to Google.

I currently have 39 tabs open on my main Firefox window, plus 1 pinned tab, but I also have 3 other tab groups open in this window with 25 tabs total between them, plus a second window open with 8 tabs in it. That makes 73 tabs total. Firefox is currently using 765MB of RAM. Not all of the tabs are loaded and active though. Tabs and tab groups don't load tabs until you switch to them, but I count 31 active tabs between the 2 windows.

I have Firefox set to save and restore my previous session each time. I usually browse in one window and switch to the tab groups as needed, the second window I only opened for temporary stuff. I use tab groups and I have tabs grouped for certain things that I frequently use and would rather not have to open new windows and load them from bookmarks each time I need them.

Yeah, basically that.

I've tried Chromium and didn't like it one bit. It lacks so many of the essential features and apps that I use in Firefox every day that I couldn't imagine using a different browser.

News Comments > Stardew Valley Sells 1M
16. Re: Stardew Valley Sells 1M Apr 14, 2016, 12:03 yuastnav

ItBurn wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 11:07:
yuastnav wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 02:15:
And fortunately this game also uploads the save files to the Steam cloud. I wish more games would do that, especially the ones where you don't save manually.

Um, pretty much EVERY game does that...

A lot of the games that I have played don't do that. The latest one was Super Hot. I was really pissed when I downloaded it on my main rig and had to start over again.

News Comments > Stardew Valley Sells 1M
7. Re: Stardew Valley Sells 1M Apr 14, 2016, 02:15 yuastnav

Fortunately this runs flawlessly with wine on Linux. This is good because Windows 7 decided, after I bought and played this game, that it wants to get stuck in an update loop and never boot again. Right.

And fortunately this game also uploads the save files to the Steam cloud. I wish more games would do that, especially the ones where you don't save manually.

Really glad this did so well. I'm 55 hours in and I still haven't finished the first year, already thinking about a second playthrough which I really never do nowadays anymore.

I wonder what this guy is planning to do next. I know that he wants to finish the coop mode. Personally I wouldn't mind a sequel or some additional content. The engine is there and it works beautifully, game looks gorgeous.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Status Report
14. Re: Tribes Ascend Status Report Apr 11, 2016, 02:25 yuastnav

Spin to win!

I love my spinfusor.

I really HATE HATE HATE how they changed the system so I cannot have a spinfusor AND a spare spinfusor at the same time. WTF are you doing Low-Rez?

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
72. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 8, 2016, 09:46 yuastnav

Julio wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 05:08:
Devinoch wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 18:34:
Julio wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 16:45:
Devinoch wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 16:13:
"Extremist." God knows when people having equal rights became extremist.

If you think the SJWs want equal rights, I've got a bridge to sell you. It's all about the elimination of men.

I saw "elimination of men" and then obvious troll became TOO obvious. The gig is up.

By "elimination of men", I mean elimination of what men are and what real men are. The SJW focus is about trying to make men weak, powerless, feeling less than equal, not have the ability to single parent their children, and take away their manhood. Sure it will work on the weak-minded males out there including all those coming out of the woodwork on this site, but there are still plenty of us who are real men with spines.

Indoctrination of the young at "educational" institutions, ownership of the media, and now they're putting their extremist beliefs into games. They'll quote bullshit like "women are paid less than men" when they aren't for the exact (and I mean exact) same job.

So what's a real man?
For that matter, what is a real woman?
I assume that by real you don't mean "existing in reality".

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 5, 2016, 07:01 yuastnav

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 17:15:
dubfanatic wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:57:
Slackware for life.
[...]
*This is entirely tongue in cheek. Who gives a fuck what anyone uses?

Apparently the fanatic guy does.

Oh well, I've been happily using Debian for about ten years now. Don't see a need to change my distro.

News Comments > Starbound Launch Nears
8. Re: Starbound Launch Nears Apr 5, 2016, 07:00 yuastnav

Took them long enough.
Oh well, I don't really need this anymore. I have Stardew Valley now. Took them way too long to make this game.

News Comments > Samorost 3 Next Month
5. Re: Samorost 3 Next Month Feb 27, 2016, 07:35 yuastnav

Totally agree with all previous posters. Really looking forward to this.

Loved Samorost 1, 2, Machinarium and Botanicula.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Ranked Season One Begins
7. Re: Dirty Bomb Ranked Season One Begins Feb 26, 2016, 07:24 yuastnav

I liked the game. I liked the gameplay and the shooting.
I absolutely detested the pay2win aspect which drove me off this game. Shame.

Oh well, will just wait for Overwatch to come out.

News Comments > Shadwen Demo; Playing Lowers Game's Price
11. Re: Shadwen Demo; Playing Lowers Game's Price Feb 26, 2016, 07:17 yuastnav

Love Frozenbyte's game. Unfortunately I don't have time to try the demo.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
13. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 26, 2016, 07:16 yuastnav

X Rebirth will never be a good game. At least not good in terms of the previous games. The game has been changed too fundamentally and you'd have to revert things on a very low level.
The basis of the game is just much more different from the other games, i.e. when it comes to building stations and managing fleets etc.

I still hope the rumours are true about how there is going to be a real X game in the future that is basically an upgrade of X3AP.

News Comments > SUPERHOT Released
11. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 26, 2016, 07:14 yuastnav

It has taken me about two hours to finish the main story line, which means this game is not overly long, but it's just so damn good that it's absolutely worth the price. These two hours have been a blast and I'm looking forward to the other challenges.

Unfortunately I have to boot up my Windows partition. At least it runs fine on my laptop.

News Comments > Deponia Doomsday Next Week
5. Re: Deponia Doomsday Next Week Feb 26, 2016, 07:09 yuastnav

Wow, I didn't know there are people who like it.
I'm not trying to be an ass, it's just that I found this game (at least the first one) to be utter and absolute garbage since none of the puzzles made any god damn sense and I've been fantasizing about ways to kill the player character in the most disturbing and gruesome way the entire time I've been playing the game, especially when he opened hist stupid trap.

It was one of the worst games I've ever played and from what I could gather the sequels were the same in that respect. Guess it's just not my kind of game.

News Comments > Jay and Silent Bob Game Crowdfunding
5. Re: Jay and Silent Bob Game Crowdfunding Feb 24, 2016, 04:00 yuastnav

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 20:18:
Sadly it seems like most of Kevin Smith's work has disappointed since he made the move to full 'wake and bake' mode. Sad decline of someone who is very gifted...

Yeah... :/

I also didn't get this transition to horror movies. Zack and Miri was his last movie I watched. I wonder how Mallrats 2 and Clerks 3 are going to turn out.

1058 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo