Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1107 (Pro)
User ID 55800
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Seasons After the Fall Trailer
1. Re: Seasons After the Fall Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 04:46 yuastnav
I am really looking forward to "Seasons after fall". I have been looking forward to this game for such a long time now, seems like five or so years.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2016, 05:32 yuastnav
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 03:44:
NKD wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 21:24:
Wikipedia is full of no life autists with axes to grind. Wikis in general are like that. The compulsive editing and updating of a single-purpose page is like fucking heroin to autistic people. It's routine for wiki editors to be banned from participating in certain topics because they get way too invested and start to think they own particular topics and pages.

As the article points out, it is ultra contentious for articles about living people. In addition to that, any article about any currently ongoing events is going to be a shitty battleground.

Wikipedia isn't about accuracy in these articles, it's just about factions fighting to ensure THEIR version of the truth is the one that gets written. If you can get the Wikipedia page slanted to your side long enough, some writers will parrot what they read there as gospel truth, and then the Wiki editors can then use that writer's articles as the reliable citation they need to seal the deal. It's the magic of citogenesis, where Wiki editors can generate whatever truth they prefer and create the illusion that they sourced that truth from somewhere else when in fact it came out of their own rectums.

Sounds like you know very little about mental illness, autism in particular, and even less about how wikipedia is run and managed.

I don't know, what he wrote is not too far off.
As far as I remember whether something is true is defined by wikipedia through how many "relevant" sources you can cite that state it is so. Of course that's pretty asinine in some cases, e.g. when some journalist reads something on wikipedia that is not correct but hasn't been corrected yet then writes an article about it, staying the same thing, without citing sources and then it's used in wikipedia as proof that it's true.

And then you have the edit wars and rogue admins and a founder that really doesn't give a shit about what's going on and sticks his head into the sand because he doesn't care.
News Comments > LawBreakers Alpha Aftermath
2. Re: LawBreakers Alpha Aftermath Aug 16, 2016, 03:31 yuastnav
I am really curious what they are going to do with the next stage of the game. Neither played the assassin nor the enforcer, because of the reasons they stated. Assassin is too much of a melee character and the enforcer is kind of generic. I really like big guns (though I am not a fan of the huge weapon models) so I really enjoyed playing as the Titan.  
News Comments > Another LawBreakers Vanguard Video
5. Re: Another LawBreakers Vanguard Video Aug 10, 2016, 07:15 yuastnav
SlimRam wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 21:56:
Ummmm...why does EVERY video of EVERY "different class" of player ALWAYS show them flying through the air and fighting? And WHY would you WANT be one of the poor bastards running around on the ground being the fodder for these flying assassins?

Because as a Titan, the slowest moving class in the game, I can kill an assassin with one direct rocket. Which I do because my aim is AWESOME!

This game is hella fun. I just wish they would make the weapon models smaller. The Titan's rocket launcher covers almost a third of the screen and you can be blind sided by an enemy coming from your right. Gotta keep moving.

I haven't even watched a single one of these class videos lol.
Playing the alpha was awesome enough.
News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
39. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 9, 2016, 10:32 yuastnav
nin wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 09:19:
BitWraith wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 00:35:
It'll have as much game to it as Minecraft does. If that appeals to you, then this may be the game for you.

Pretty much what I'm seeing. As someone who loves open worlds and exploring, I'm in!

I used to love sandbox and open world games but the sheer amount of these games that we've gotten in the past few years has put me off this genre somehow.
And I don't see how this is like Minecraft. In Minecraft you can actually build stuff, you can construct something and leave a lasting mark in the world. In No man's sky there is nothing like that. Even if they add base building I cannot imagine how it could compare to Minecraft because I don't think the base building will compare to the block building in Minecraft.
News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
31. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 9, 2016, 03:17 yuastnav
Retired wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 00:58:
This article from twitterverse got me more interested.

For those that are playing, is it Starbound FPS?

I'd like to know, too, but without the building aspect I cannot imagine this to be anything like Starbound.

What I love about Starbound is that I can, inbetween all the combat, the missions, the exploration and the mining, just go back to my base and try to build a nice looking 2D city. Much like what Minecraft was.
News Comments > LawBreakers Vanguard Video
2. Re: LawBreakers Vanguard Video Aug 9, 2016, 03:01 yuastnav
And it's a shame, too, because this game is bloody fantastic. I've been playing as the Titan class these past two alphas and it was a blast, running around and wielding the rocket launcher.
Vanguard is also very nice. I love being able to fly and chain gun everything that's in my way but I guess I'll always be the slow-moving, hard-hitting heavy weapons guy at heart.
News Comments > Lawbreakers Trailer
2. Re: Lawbreakers Trailer Aug 2, 2016, 07:19 yuastnav
I've had a blast during the second alpha, just like during the first fun. I played Vanguard during the first one and the quick movement and the chaingun is fun but then I changed to Titan during the second Alpha and wow... just blasting everything with the rocket launcher is so cool. And that huge amount of health.

It's like playing an Onos from Natural Selection with a rocket launcher from Quake, basically.
News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Drawing Sword From The Back - Is It Possible? Jul 29, 2016, 07:13 yuastnav
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 09:42:
That video about drawing the sword from the back is 8 retarded minutes of some guy who thinks he's doing some kind of swordfighting science with a foam blade.

It requires a special kind of sheath that is open for a particular length (depending on the size of blade/person) on the opposite side that you will be pulling it from.

And yet, historically speaking, no one drew their swords from the back because it's impractical and impossible since you wouldn't be able to get it out.
And having a sheath that is partly open is just plain stupid because the scabbard is there to protect the blade. Why would you even wear a scabbard if it didn't protect the blade.

Nothing wrong with carrying a sword on the side, like any sane person not wanting to die would do. Especially because you're already in a blocking position when you draw your sword from the side while your torso is COMPLETELY OPEN when you try and fail to draw it from the back.
News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound
12. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound Jul 24, 2016, 06:28 yuastnav
ninemil wrote on Jul 23, 2016, 22:23:
Freetip: don't allow anyone to take Core Fragments from your tutorial planet - you need 20 to complete the quest, and there are only 20 on the planet. They do not respawn. If anyone takes just one, and then leaves before you complete the quest step that follows, you will need to either a) restart the game completely, or b) join someone else's server and take theirs.

Genius game design.

Otherwise, a lot of fun. The main story is so much Mass Effect/Aliens, it's almost as good as playing the real thing.

Or you can just dig deep down and mine them. I now have 29.

It seems that they made, at least the first world, not as deep as it was before. I remember having to dig for a long time until I reached the bottom. Or maybe I just got used to it.
News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound
7. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound Jul 23, 2016, 14:50 yuastnav
Of course my internet connection stops working the day this is released. -_-  
News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 22, 2016, 12:51 yuastnav
Eh, I upgraded to Windows 10. Of course I also only use Windows on my gaming PC which isn't used for anything else so it doesn't matter that much.  
News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 22, 2016, 08:00 yuastnav
I actually thought Brigador looked neat but after reading the RPS review I've kind of forgotten about it. It was actually a positive review but for some reason I just forgot.

I might pick it up, though, because it does genuinely look like a good game.
News Comments > Stardew Valley OS X & Linux Next Week
4. Re: Stardew Valley OS X & Linux Next Week Jul 21, 2016, 11:13 yuastnav
As far as I know there is not much known about the multiplayer.

Version 1.1, however, will add more content, i.e. two new spouses, new buildings (like a windmill) etc.

Also looking forward to the Linux version. It's just a shame that it's not done by flibitijibibo but by some company with not such a stellar track record.
News Comments > Morning Metaverse
65. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 04:19 yuastnav
jdreyer wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 01:00:
So, uh, Netflix, uh, is having a pretty good year. Eh?

Cannot say I am happy for them because I am still mad that they blocked vpn access.

You know, it wouldn't even be as bad if they priced it accordingly. But no. Same price, different content. That's really lame.
News Comments > Morning Metaverse
64. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 04:18 yuastnav
So when you search google for "White people are really getting on my nerve like" there is NOTHING. When you search her tweet history you cannot find such a tweet.
Nothing of this can be found on

So it is incredibly unlikely she ever wrote something like this and thus it is photoshopped. Which doesn't surprise me because Milo is a piece of rubbish. Says a lot of cringeworthy stuff. We have a nice word for that in German. Fremdschämen.
News Comments > Anno 2205 DLC
2. Re: Anno 2205 DLC Jul 21, 2016, 03:49 yuastnav
I really enjoyed Anno 2070 but haven't played any of the other games.

From what I could gather the new Anno has some issues and is also streamlined in some aspects. What's the truth? Is it worth playing?
News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free
10. Re: Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free Jul 21, 2016, 03:45 yuastnav
Yeah, it was a pretty good game. I glad I picked it up immediately when it was released, it was nice playing each episode a few months apart, it gave time to reflect upon what I played and it wasn't difficult to get into each new episode.  
News Comments > Cossacks 3 in September
3. Re: Cossacks 3 in September Jul 19, 2016, 18:10 yuastnav
Yay! Really looking forward to this game.  
News Comments > LawBreakers Trailer & More Testing
6. Re: LawBreakers Trailer & More Testing Jul 19, 2016, 17:40 yuastnav
I played the closed Alpha and had a blast. The shooting is fun and the movement is good. Looking forward to the next testing phase.  
1107 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News logo