Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1136 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 5, 2016, 02:50 yuastnav

Pfft, 1000 Euros for a phone? Forget it Google.

I really hope they fall flat on their faces with that kind of pricing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 3, 2016, 13:37 yuastnav

That article is just clickbait. It's not really a decent complain. They are just crying that it's boring because there is nothing new. Alright.  

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2016, 14:05 yuastnav

Ah, Interstate '76. How I miss that game.  

News Comments > Giant Machines 2017 Released
4. Re: Giant Machines 2017 Released Oct 2, 2016, 13:53 yuastnav

Someone linked this in the RPS comments section for this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow  

News Comments > FourChords Guitar Karaoke Released
1. Re: FourChords Guitar Karaoke Released Sep 30, 2016, 09:37 yuastnav

"[...] Forget about learning tab or theory [...]"

Yes, because it takes such a long time to learn how to read NUMBERS.

Seriously, just wtf. How lazy can you get? I understand that learning how to read sheet music let alone sight-reading is difficult. I cannot do the latter because I'm just super slow but there is nothing difficult about reading tabs.

The idea is probably to see just how far you can dumb down playing the guitar. It's like from this Indelicates song "Absolutely anyone can play the fucking guitar".

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch
6. Re: Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch Sep 29, 2016, 15:37 yuastnav

Flatline wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 12:28:
Sad to see the game became abandonware. It was a lot of fun. I played the shit out of it when it launched and eventually dropped about 20 bucks into it because it was fun. The F2P part was not terrible because your basic weapons still were pretty effective and you could grind relatively quickly if you had a direction you wanted to go in. I spent 20 bucks and really was able to unlock all the classes and weapons I wanted to and was pretty satisfied by that.

Yeah, same here. I clocked over 100 hours in that game. Not that much for a competitive multiplayer shooter but I don't have that much time to game nowadays anyway.

The contempt with which this game was treated by Hi-Rez is insulting though. From the shop to the balancing issues made this game frustrating to play.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
16. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 14:42 yuastnav

Backed it and played it when it was released.

Had a ton of fun with it. Though like with most games, that I have played in the last years, I didn't finish it. Still a great game.

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 Teased?
11. Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Teased? Sep 28, 2016, 07:46 yuastnav

Ugh, at this point it's REALLY getting tiresome.

I remember, about ten years ago, I played BG&E and I was really into everything.
Even joined a small community of people who really wanted it to happen and always compiled every little bit of information they could get.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BGE2_Revolution/index.php?act=idx
This board has been mostly inactive for many many years. Everyone's tired.

It's basically like South Park's parody of Game of thrones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RaGLtJaZjs

Ubi was always like "Oh yeah yeah, BG&E2 is totally coming, here's a teaser." then nothing, for a couple of years
"Oh yeah, it's totally coming, here's a screenshot/interview snippet/teaser"
And then there was also things like "well, Ancel is working on Rayman right now so BG&E2 is on hold but if people buy THAT game we'll reconsider". like wtf Ubi

God, I was really into BG&E but by now I just don't care anymore. Fuck Ubi.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Sep 28, 2016, 07:27 yuastnav

Watching the video it doesn't look like the AI is very good at playing Doom. It may be better than the bots it's playing against but I don't think it would stand very long against a player that can play the Doom MP at least kinda decent.
Some of the moves it does are just really weird, like where it couldn't decide whether to shoot an opponent or pick up a gun.

It would be much more interesting to have a deep learning algorithm play something like Quake 3 where there are a lot more advanced moves like rocket jumps, bunny hopping, strafe jumps etc. and where map awareness, player spawns and weapon/armour spawns are much more important. Also movement and aiming in a 3D environment.

Let the AI play on public servers, get better and better and then play against some of the top players like cooller, av3k, cypher, rapha, fox, toxic, etc.

News Comments > More GOG.com Connect
12. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 27, 2016, 06:18 yuastnav

Sacrifex wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 15:48:
Odd - I own Shadow Warrior (2013), but, it does not come up as an eligible title. It did find a few others, so I'm guessing it's just buggy.

Same issue here. I've contacted GOG and am waiting for their reply.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 27, 2016, 03:14 yuastnav

Selling sex to the sex-starved (*sigh* there is no English equivalent to the word "notgeil").

What else is new. *shrug*

News Comments > Cossacks 3 Released
3. Re: Cossacks 3 Released Sep 21, 2016, 14:38 yuastnav

Woah, that came out of nowhere. I love the first game to bits but I don't have access to my main gaming rig to try this out.

Oh well, I'll just put it on my wishlist.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 21, 2016, 02:43 yuastnav

I really like my Nexus 5 and was glad spending the 400 two years ago.
If the price really is going to be that high on the Pixel phone I hope they'll at least lower the price on the current 5X/6P.

Furthermore, when I had a small smartphone with limited functionality I didn't use it very much. After I got the Nexus 5 I started using it a lot more. Take photos, check emails, read news, read books (that's why I'd love to have a slightly larger screen), sometimes even ssh onto a machine and do a little bit of work. And having internet all the time is really useful, too.

I still think that the top of the line phones are overpriced but not by that much. There is a lot of useful features packed into a single device.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
12. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 19, 2016, 05:06 yuastnav

Yeah only because you had bad maths teachers doesn't mean you will start hating maths. You may be bad at maths because you suck at it.

I like physics and maths despite having bad teachers. Same thing with history. Once I got good teachers in these subjects in grades 11 to 13 I ended up liking these subjects even more.

A tutor is necessary if you have bad teachers and if you are struggling. If you don't like a certain subject from within it is unlikely a good teacher will change that. Know plenty of people who told me they had good teachers who explained everything very well, they just sucked at the subject. Even some that liked it sucked at it.

You need the right frame of mind for it.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
15. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 12, 2016, 06:40 yuastnav

I'm pretty happy with my Nexus 5. Always up to date, I'm in control of my apps, it's really fast. It's great.

No way in hell I'd ever use an Apple product. It's not directly Apple itself but the it's the userbase that pisses me off. I get the feeling that a lot of Apple's customers are these really mindless drones that NEED NEED NEED the next Apple product. It's like a cult.

Anyway, I used an iphone once and it's really confusing. Of course I'm used to the vanilla android on my Nexus but on the iphone it's more difficult than it needs to be, i.e. how you access your settings and stuff like that. Android is far from perfect but iOS is needlessly confusing.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 5, 2016, 03:13 yuastnav

Hopefully the Pixel phone will be reasonably priced so I can replace my Nexus 5. I would've kept it for a while longer but unfortunately it is starting to fall apart and crashes rather frequently so I'll have to retire it a bit earlier than expected.

Oh well, if the Pixel phones will be too expensive I'll have to get the 5X or the 6P. Really would like to get the 6P but it's expensive as hell. 800 Euros for the 128 GB version wat

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 1, 2016, 09:02 yuastnav

loomy wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 00:40:
Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 20:21:
And anyone around here would care about this why?

freedom of speech concerns us all cutter, which is why you're here instead of another site that would ban you instantly

Freedom of speech, eh? So which government is it that tried to censor pewdiepie through twitter?

I am likewise baffled by this news. Pewdiepie? Didn't think there are many 10 years olds on this site.

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
31. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 30, 2016, 16:40 yuastnav

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 04:24:
[...]
This. Also you can't really compare Skyrim (or even any TES game) to the Witcher3. They are NOT even in the same genre. The Witcher3 is an open world action/adventure role playing game, Skyrim is an open world CRPG. In the W3 you play as ONE character, one PARTICULAR character actually and that's it. You can't even choose a class, your class is basically "a Witcher". Saying that one game here is better than the other is kind of pointless.
[...]

Skyrim is a CRPG? Wat _
Baldur's Gate is a CRPG. Fallout 2 is a CRPG. Pillars of Eternity is a CRPG. Skyrim is more like an open-world action adventure with RPG elements.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
47. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 16:21 yuastnav

Crash to desktop during a cutscene within the first few hours of the game.

Great. -_-
It'll show me not to play on launch again.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
26. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 05:48 yuastnav

wonkawonka wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 05:34:
I don't get why people are so up in arms about this. The game is procedurally rendered, so obviously it'll be mostly boring. Obviously there'll be stupid stuff. But also obviously there'll be really cool things.

For example, I just found last night a planet with what looked like a tyrannosaurus Rex with a crest on the top of its head. And it attacked me. I also walked through a jungle with monsoons. And got lost in caverns of frozen planets.

There's some really good stuff in there, but as are most sandbox games (especially procedural ones), the story is lacking, the fighting is meh (really really meh in this case), but if you wander a bit off the beaten path you can get enough satisfaction that $50 is money acceptably spent.

So what about all the things that they have shown in the videos and aren't in the game?
If the game would've been like it was shown in the gameplay videos from the last months I would've bought it. As it stands now it's just a giant heap of broken promises and disappointments. And I'm not talking about hype.
I'm talking about simple things like being able to fly close to the ground, land manually or large fleets of ships. And also more complex things like more than two types of behaviour for the critters.

1136 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo