Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1136 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Demo
14. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Demo Nov 4, 2016, 16:21 yuastnav

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 15:27:
yuastnav wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 14:27:
ViRGE wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 12:32:
So as someone who has never played a Forza game before, which series is the fun, arcadey one? Forza or Horizon?

I haven't played Horizon but I've played Forza Motorsport 6. I guess it depends on what you want.
If the driving in Horizon is anything like The Crew or Test Drive Unlimited 2 then I don't think I could recommend it. But maybe you want a really arcade racer.
Motorsports on the other hand is a lot more sim-like. So if you want to have more real handling you'll go for Motosports.

I just wish there was a game that would marry both. Open world racing and great, realistic handling. All I want is to take a more or less regular car, tune it and drive it around the city and race other drivers through traffic.

Well, then turn off the assists in FH3 and you'll likely find what you're wanting. Even with them on, FH3 isn't remotely as arcadey as The Crew or TDU2 (both of those were made by the same people btw). The engine underneath is still Forza's Sim system, but tweaked to be more forgiving.

I'm gonna warn you guys up front here, force the game to 30 or 36 fps unless you want stuttering when you get into certain areas. The game engine seems designed to load data between frames, and it's not super excited about trying to load detail data in between 70-80 fps as you cannonball into Surfers Paradise in a supercar.

As for the person playing with a keyboard...good luck, there. Not sure what the avoidance of a controller is about, but for racing games, you're literally pulling the exact reverse of the whole KB/M vs controllers argument. You're trying to replace analog control with "all or nothing" digital, which takes every bit of control nuance away from you.

What bugs me is that Forza Motorsports 6 doesn't support my wheel, the Driving Force GT. I've had plenty of fun with it until I got to the tier where you are driving the Porsche over this 5 minute long track and my xbox controller just didn't cut it anymore (since I'm absolutely useless with controllers, having grown up with keyboard and mouse only). This is what ultimately led me away from FM6 over to Project Cars.
I'll try the FH3 demo with a controller. Hopefully it will be okay, will report back.

Right now what keeps me from playing is Windows not letting me start the game due to old drivers (wat) and geforce experience wants me to log in all of a sudden. What in the actual fuck. Why should I login?
Sigh. Need to install drivers manually now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Demo
11. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Demo Nov 4, 2016, 14:27 yuastnav

ViRGE wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 12:32:
So as someone who has never played a Forza game before, which series is the fun, arcadey one? Forza or Horizon?

I haven't played Horizon but I've played Forza Motorsport 6. I guess it depends on what you want.
If the driving in Horizon is anything like The Crew or Test Drive Unlimited 2 then I don't think I could recommend it. But maybe you want a really arcade racer.
Motorsports on the other hand is a lot more sim-like. So if you want to have more real handling you'll go for Motosports.

I just wish there was a game that would marry both. Open world racing and great, realistic handling. All I want is to take a more or less regular car, tune it and drive it around the city and race other drivers through traffic.

News Comments > 10 Million Play The Crew
6. Re: 10 Million Play The Crew Nov 4, 2016, 14:24 yuastnav

I played it for a few hours. The handling is abysmal. I like open world games but I cannot see myself playing this. I just hope that the handling in Horizon 3 is better but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Next racer I'll probably try is Assetto Corsa. Project Cars' handling is pretty good but there are still some problems like brakes never locking up etc.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
9. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend Nov 4, 2016, 14:06 yuastnav

Eh, why not. It's free.

Will have to find time for this between my summer car, playing guitar and the forza horizon 3 demo.

Although there is also owlboy and house of the dying sun which I might buy. hmmm

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Collector's Edition
2. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Collector's Edition Nov 1, 2016, 03:51 yuastnav

Eh, not interested.

With that said this is one of the best shooters I have played in recent time.

After the incredibly huge disappointment that was DOOM this is really a breath of fresh air. Granted, just like in DOOM, I'm not a huge fan of the map design, although it's still better than DOOM's.
Apart from that the shooting feels a lot better, the movement is definitely much, much better (seriously, I can just fly around the enemies and shoot at them from all directions, it's a real twitch-fest and I'm lovin' it) and I love the humour.

Not a fan of all the upgrades, especially because the enemies become real bullet sponges at higher difficulties but it also felt like that in DOOM where most enemies didn't die because of the moronic gore kill system and you had to shoot them again. Just slowed the game down incredibly. Was no fun at all.

Also this game does melee right. Instead of taking control from you (like a certain chainsaw) you can do almost anything you want.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
25. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 30, 2016, 08:34 yuastnav

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 28, 2016, 16:06:
Nullity wrote on Oct 28, 2016, 14:16:
Good news! There's this other, completely FREE, operating system environment called Linux that lets you do just what you want, without selling a kidney for the Apple tax, put up with their stupid anti-convenience design decisions, or having to endure their awful UI!

So yeah, sarcasm aside, your post seem like you were willfully ignoring every other flavor of *nix keep your spot on the Apple fanboi bandwagon.

I'm also a developer/programmer. Linux is great for this, but if I had to use a Mac, I'd feel like Peter Gibbons in Office Space, pre-hypnosis.
I ran Desktop Linux for 5 years as my primary machine. It is great in a desktop environment, but terrible on a laptop. Things like Sleep/Hibernate were not reliable. Updates broke my env too often. I LOVE linux, I probably have about 10 linux installations going around my house, but I can't use it on my laptops.

I also do music recording in Logic Pro on my laptop. It's so much better than what Linux has to offer (Ardour) and works with zero latency problems. I would love to go back to Linux 100%, but I just can't at the moment.

Heh interesting. I've had the exact opposite experience. Never really used Linux on my Desktop but always had laptops running Debian.

Although it doesn't work like a charm, unfortunately. Things like battery configuration and hibernation don't work very well.
Apart from that it works without a problem. And has been for about 14 years now.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
15. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend Oct 30, 2016, 08:25 yuastnav

Played thousands of hours of NS1 back in the days.
It was pretty awesome but it died off. Not quite sure why. People just stopped playing.
Balancing a game like this is actually really difficult but the balance was okay, in my opinion.

What killed NS2 was the engine. I had high hopes for this game but then they decided they want to do most things in LUA and it ended up being terribly slow.

The fucking slow HL1 engine was already not fast enough for the fades and skulks flying around the map in NS1 but their new LUA-written engine was even slower and that is why it took years before I had a proper look at this game which consisted of me playing for more than one hour or so. But it was too late. People would come when there was a major update or a sale and a few weeks later it would become really difficult to find a server to play again.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
19. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 30, 2016, 08:21 yuastnav

Man, if someone told me I HAD to a Mac because because because I would just give them the bird.  

News Comments > Free Project CARS - Pagani Edition
3. Re: Free Project CARS - Pagani Edition Oct 30, 2016, 08:11 yuastnav

Actually bought this game a couple of weeks ago.

At first I played it with keyboard/gamepad and wasn't too impressed.
Then I connected my Driving Force GT wheel to my PC and man this is so much fun. I'm hoping to get a hold of the other games like Assetto Corsa, iRacing, Automobilista and what have you (unfortunately rfactor needs a subscription).

I was also having fun with Forza Motorsport 6 and a gamepad but then wanted to play it with a wheel. For some moronic reason they decided not to support the Driving Force GT, one of the most common wheels there is. Bye bye, Forza.

The career mode in Project Cars is a lot of fun so far, anyway. Started with mini karts and now I'll be starting the next season with super karts. Really excited to play it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2016, 09:25 yuastnav

yuastnav wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 02:59:
theglaze wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 11:19:
Epic rally move: How to own the first corner like a boss.

WOW! Race

Someone should make a "Deja vu" remake video out of that.

How incredibly silly of me to think that this hasn't been done already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U3fDQDQ6PA

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2016, 02:59 yuastnav

theglaze wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 11:19:
Epic rally move: How to own the first corner like a boss.

WOW! Race

Someone should make a "Deja vu" remake video out of that.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 22, 2016, 06:21 yuastnav

That's why Morrowind will always be something special. I highly doubt that we will get another game like this game, let alone a game from the elder scrolls series.  

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Re-launch
3. Re: Medieval Engineers Re-launch Oct 19, 2016, 03:05 yuastnav

Yeah, this is baffling.

First they did their Miner Wars thing, which never really finished. They also promised a Miner Wars MMO, for the early buyers it will be free. Actually it won't. Oh wait, did we say it won't be free? After the big backlash we can only say that you read it wrong and it will actually be free.

There is no mmo. wtf

After getting bored they started to work on Space Engineers and never finished that. Last time I played it it ran like shit and it's still in early access. Which didn't stop them from making Medieval engineers.
Which is also not finished. Which is also still in early access.

Oh, and does anyone remember their claim that they are going to make a real AI? One that can learn and adapt?

So a studio that failed to finish/complete a single game says they are going to solve a problem that the world's scientists haven't been able to solve for the past decades.

Yeah, everything about this company is a sham.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
4. Re: Saturday Patches Oct 17, 2016, 03:40 yuastnav

Bumpy wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 08:16:
I don't own the game but from what I've read, FH3 is pretty much a modern TDU2. So only semi-sim handling and physics.

I just don't understand why they don't put in the option to have full Forza sim handling and physics.

So it would take a little more time and effort to make but the game would appeal to all camps of racing preference.

Wait, so FH3 physics is not even as good as FM6? That sucks. :/

Yeah, an option would definitely be great. Though I still might get it if it's like TDU2.

Thanks

News Comments > Saturday Patches
2. Re: Saturday Patches Oct 16, 2016, 06:16 yuastnav

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 05:37:
The Forza Horizon patch does clean up performance at high framerates quite a bit, although there are still small hitches noticeable when driving at high speeds. Still performs smoothest at around 30 fps.

So how's the game itself?

I'm trying to get into racers at the moment.
Tried out Raceroom because I wanted to play what people call a "real" sim after I played Forza Motorsports 6. Both are fun in their own way, though.
Bought Project Cars on a sale and am going to try that out, after that I'll hope to grab Assetto Corsa and then there is also Automobilista, which RPS' readers voted to be the "most car sim" out there.

What I really want, though, is an open world racer. I liked Test Drive Unlimited 2 although the handling of the cars is rubbish.
Also played The Crew after I grabbed it for free. Again, the open world aspect is kinda cool but the driving is rubbish (although they did the open world better in TDU2 than they did in The Crew).

How is FH3 in these respects? How is the open world and more importantly how is the handling of the cars?

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Update
14. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Update Oct 13, 2016, 02:58 yuastnav

Well, I still hope that they are working on X4 and make it more like X3. None of that Rebirth crap. X Rebirth was and still is pretty bad. I've played it a couple of months ago because I heard they patched a lot of things. Did a clean start. There were so many bugs within the first hour of playing that I quit immediately. This is just terrible.

But if they manage to make a X4 that is like the other X games I am willing to look the other way.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer
11. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer Oct 13, 2016, 02:53 yuastnav

Haha, it was so cool when this song played in the first game's intro sequence.

Didn't know it's 20% off for people who own Shadow Warrior. Time to grab this game.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2016, 03:49 yuastnav

Yay, congratulations!  

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Crowdfunding Begins
9. Re: Wasteland 3 Crowdfunding Begins Oct 6, 2016, 06:40 yuastnav

Done. Looking forward to it.

With the superbacker discount it was only 28$ since I only want the game and nothing else anyway.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 6, 2016, 06:32 yuastnav

Pigeon wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 09:50:
Verno wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 08:59:
They priced it way too high, the thing doesn't even have OIS or really any big feature to differentiate it from any other phone on the market. Super disappointing announcement from Google, give me the Nexus line up back any day.

Actually picked up a 32gb 5x (US) a couple weeks ago ~$280, so far quiet happy with it. Only issue is it has a hard time staying connected to the wifi at work, seems to be an android issue though as it happens to other android user's here I've talked to.

Glad to hear I'm not alone. It always happens to me that WIFI goes down every 5 to 10 minutes or so, which is annoying.

Anyway, maybe gonna pick up a 5X off ebay or something, can get the 32gb version for 280 euros. Or I'll wait until the 6P gets a lot cheaper.

1136 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo