Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1212 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tyranny Expansion Next Month
19. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 24, 2017, 07:20 yuastnav

In my opinion these games are getting better and better. For me, Obsidian and inXile are doing a good job and keep getting better at it.

For me Wasteland 2 was okay. Nothing to write home about but I had fun, although I stopped short of the ending and didn't finish it. I backed Wasteland 3, though.

Tides of Numenera was awesome. Loved it. I think they probably learned a lot with Wasteland 2 and it made Torment so much the better.

Likewise it was also the case with Obsidian.

Pillars of Eternity 1 was ok. I finished it and it was a good game but I didn't play The White March because I didn't have the time.

Tyranny, on the other hand, was awesome. Again, they learned a lot with Pillars of Eternity and it made Tyranny a fun game. It was not quite what I expected, because I thought that you really would play some kind of tyrant or help the tyrannical regime but it was entirely possible to do a 'good' play-through, which I did.

That is why I am also looking to Pillars of Eternity 2, which I backed. Although I wouldn't mind a Tyranny 2 but it looks like this DLC will scratch that itch a bit. Although if you have to start a new game for that I'm not sure I will do it, since I don't have much time nowadays.

Also looking forward to Divinity Original Sin 2. I stopped short of the ending in the first game after 120 hours or so but I'm really keen on playing the new game. The early access version has been hanging around in my Steam library for many months now but I'm waiting for the final version before I'm going to play it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Trailer
16. Re: Project CARS 2 Trailer Aug 21, 2017, 08:29 yuastnav

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 14:04:
The first one was really well done. On a realistic car sim scale of 1 to 10, I guess an 8 would be my score. Where 10 is Richard Burns Rally of course.

I believe the AI does kind of use a simplified model, since I doubt our PCs could handle all of that simmulation at once.

Hmm. I actually read in an article where an actual professional Rally driver described Richard Burns Rally as even more difficult than reality so I'm not sure whether it's really as realistic as a lot of people claim.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free
11. Re: Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free Jul 21, 2017, 02:54 yuastnav

It was pretty good but the sequel is a lot better. Best shooter of 2016. :>  

News Comments > Alice 3 Possibilities Raised
26. Re: Alice 3 Possibilities Raised Jul 18, 2017, 12:20 yuastnav

I came here from the future. :>  

News Comments > LawBreakers Open Beta
5. Re: LawBreakers Open Beta Jul 1, 2017, 08:59 yuastnav

Well I'm having fun. Yes, it's not necessarily very fast-paced but it also depends on kind of what class you are playing as. On the other hand, there aren't any fast-paced games anymore. The last one was Warsow, nothing as quick as this is out there right now (except maybe Xonotic was it?). Certainly nothing that is as quick as Q3CPMA.

I enjoy both this and Quake Champions, though. It's just fun. Don't really care about the attitude in this game but it's still a fun game. I like playing as Titan and just blow everything up.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 29, 2017, 14:25 yuastnav

This is actually good. I'd recommend everyone to try the Alpha for themselves. I had a lot of fun. I loved Hotline Miami but this is another beast. It's not as twitchy and you have to think a bit more but it's really fun.  

News Comments > Bohemia Interactive Releases Free Game and Free Arma 3 DLC
5. Re: Bohemia Interactive Releases Free Game and Free Arma 3 DLC Jun 23, 2017, 03:15 yuastnav

Cool! Looking forward to that.  

News Comments > Project Argo Prototype
4. Re: Project Argo Prototype Jun 18, 2017, 05:35 yuastnav

Might wanna take a look at it.

I LOVE ARMA3. I think the movement etc. feels great. But maybe that's because I played Operation Flashpoint which was clunky as hell. ARMA3 is a LOT better.

News Comments > Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced
27. Re: Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced Jun 16, 2017, 03:01 yuastnav

These games have been getting better and better. I quite liked Pillars of Eternity but I enjoyed Tyranny and Tides of Numenera a lot more. Great games, had a lot of fun playing them. Wish I had time to play the additional content. Oh well, going to look forward to the next Pillars of Eternity game. And hopefully there will be more in the Tyranny and Torment series, too.

Tyranny even warrants a direct sequel, just to see what happens next in the world.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 14, 2017, 08:25 yuastnav

I don't know, the Alpha/Beta/Whatever that I played was pretty fun. It plays rather differently from UT (although I've only played like two hours of UT3 or so; played quite a bit more of the others, though) and is quite fun really.  

News Comments > LawBreakers in August; Betas This Month
3. Re: LawBreakers in August; Betas This Month Jun 14, 2017, 08:23 yuastnav

I liked the LawBreakers Alpha... or was it the Beta? I don't know. I liked the gameplay. Had a lot of fun and am looking forward to play this again.  

News Comments > Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Trailers
3. Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Trailers Jun 13, 2017, 17:14 yuastnav

Mountain Blade!!! WOOO!

Looking forward to this.

Currently playing Starsector (formerly known as Starfarer). To me this game is a lot like Mount & Blade, just from a top down perspective. Oh and it's in space.

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers
7. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers Jun 13, 2017, 07:01 yuastnav

I LOVED BG&E1 (long live the revolution!) but what the hell is THIS? Ubisoft... Ubisoft. What are you doing? Ubisoft. Just stop, please. Why did you have to go full moron on BG&E2?

I can only echo what MacLeod and Korrd said. This 'mature' tone doesn't fit this series at all. Where are our beloved characters?

Man, in the previous game you had light-hearted moments in the orphanage and more serious undertones while still being a bit silly, mostly. This is just WHAT IS THIS? I am really stunned.

[edit]
The only thing that reminds me of the old game is the music. That is ALL that reminds me of the old game.

News Comments > Johnny Gat Joining Agents of Mayhem
1. Re: Johnny Gat Joining Agents of Mayhem Jun 9, 2017, 03:36 yuastnav

Cool!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 7, 2017, 04:29 yuastnav

I really don't get where this fear-mongering is coming from. Why does everyone assumes that hypothetical AIs are out to kill us? I realise that it cannot be conclusively proven that this is the case, neither can the opposite be proven, but I want argumentation that at least makes sense.  

News Comments > Consortium: The Tower Video
8. Re: Consortium: The Tower Video Jun 4, 2017, 06:45 yuastnav

I really, really liked the first game. Instantly jumped on the Kickstarter and then FIG when it was announced.

I was also severly disappointed by RPS. Here they said that they'll "have full thoughts on the finished product shortly" but that never happened. I was waiting for a long time for a wot I think that never came and I forgot about the game. Didn't play it until years later when it was on sale for five bucks or so. Only then I discovered how awesome this game is.

News Comments > Quarantine Released
6. Re: Quarantine Released May 26, 2017, 06:40 yuastnav

Heh yeah, I think I also only played the demo but man did I put a lot of time into it. I think I was 8 or so when I played it, didn't know a word of English and had no idea how to advance. Just passed my time playing taxi, buying bigger guns and wondering what this area is where the walls shoot fireballs at you. At least that's what how I remember it.  

News Comments > New Life is Strange Game Announced
4. Re: New Life is Strange Game Announced May 19, 2017, 02:58 yuastnav

I quite liked the game. It was nice that it was episodic, that way you could play an episode and had to wait a couple of months until you got the next one, which meant that you could reflect a little bit on what you did in the episode before.  

News Comments > Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs
6. Re: Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs May 8, 2017, 13:45 yuastnav

Yes! More stuff. Really looking forward to that. Every time I get to use my gaming rig I try to at least complete one job in ATS.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 15:58 yuastnav

Creston wrote on May 2, 2017, 15:14:
[...](I think you could do it in Gothic.)
[...]

You're damn right you could. :p
Haha for real though, just let no one see you and you can take any dude's house (except the characters who are immortal).x

Man, my nostalgia for this game is still through the roofs. If I used to replay Gothic 1 and 2 every six months or so. Don't have time for that anymore, though. It is much easier to just start up Morrowind and play for a couple of hours since it is a lot less linear.

1212 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo