Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1234 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Link on the Cheap
9. Re: Steam Link on the Cheap Oct 22, 2017, 05:03 yuastnav

Sepharo wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 15:49:
If you've got a Samsung Smart TV this functionality is built right in now. Just go to the apps page and download Steam. Hook a USB controller right up to your TV and you're good to go.

I'm amazed at how simple it was.

Huh, thanks. I'll have a look at it. Unfortunately I missed the promotion.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Consortium: The Tower Demo
2. Re: Consortium: The Tower Demo Oct 22, 2017, 04:44 yuastnav

Jerykk wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 21:03:
I backed Consortium 2 on Fig but I'm not going to play the demo because I'm not interested in spoilers.

I played a bit of the early Alpha when it was released a month or two ago and it was pretty neat, though I didn't want to go too far because of spoilers. It was good to play it again, though.

News Comments > ELEX Released
22. Re: ELEX Released Oct 18, 2017, 06:43 yuastnav

Oh man I've started downloading this game and I'm pretty pumped. Gothic is the best video game in existence for me, forever. Much of it has to do with nostalgia etc. but it's how it is.

Gothic 2 was good but not as good. Gothic 2 with the Night of the Raven Add-On (remember when games used to have addons instead of dlcs and what not?) is almost as good as Gothic 1. Played both of these games more than 10 times, probably. Played Gothic 3 once. It was pretty mediocre.

Never finished Risen and didn't play Risen 2, except for the Alpha that you got a code for when you purchased the Risen special edition. It was Gothic, kind of, but it wasn't. I guess I wasn't in the mood to play that game back then. Almost finished Risen 3, though, when I played it a couple of years ago.

Finally they went a bit more sci-fi. Right up my alley. Looking forward to playing this. Part of the team may be gone but I'm hopeful that they still can make a good game. I think Gamestar called it their best video game to date.

News Comments > ELEX Released
5. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 11:34 yuastnav

Acleacius wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 10:33:
What's a game from PB gonna be like with half the team gone from the company? Nervous Fingerscrossed

Hmm, I didn't know that many people have left. Björn Pankratz is still there. I'll really miss KaiRo, though.

News Comments > ELEX Launch Trailer
2. Re: ELEX Launch Trailer Oct 17, 2017, 02:54 yuastnav

Preordered this two days ago. Unfortunately I'm still in Driftwood in Divinity Original Sin 2 (although I have no idea how whether there will be many more places to visit or how long the game is) and I have other things to do but eh screw it. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow. :>  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 15, 2017, 04:53 yuastnav

It was weird enough when Humble Bundle became its own thing, apart from Wolfire Games. It keeps getting worse, though...  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 15, 2017, 04:51 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 05:14:
GinRummy wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 22:32:
F-35 plans stolen? Oh no, now Iran can spend hundreds of billions of dollars to have a couple more planes.
It's the Chinese we need to worry about.

Seriously, someone needs to go to jail.

Heh, now the Americans aren't the only ones who can build a broken plane.
Seriously though, I've read a long article about how the F-35 was killed because it tried to cater to everyone because it HAD to have stealth AND hovering etc.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2017, 02:58 yuastnav

Congratulations on your 21st anniversary.

Although it's already the 10th of October here in Germany I will make sure to raise a glass to this occasion.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2017, 12:46 yuastnav

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 13:02:
That Oilpro stunt is proof people just can’t get enough. He had millions, and tried to scam his way to more. Seriously, what use is more than a few million dollars, unless you’re wanting to go into large scale construction?

For people who have more money than they will ever need in their entire life without needing to work even one single day it's not about just having that money. Just having that money doesn't make them happy. Only making more and more money and raising profits constantly makes them happy.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
6. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 20, 2017, 02:43 yuastnav

So how realistic is the driving? How does it compare to something like rFactor or Project Cars?  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released
12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 06:45 yuastnav

So it has been released? Yay! Finally. Finally I can start playing it now. :>  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 15, 2017, 06:45 yuastnav

Cool. Didn't know they wanted to do a Kickstarter, or maybe I just forgot? I played the demo a month or so ago and liked it enough to back the game.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 13, 2017, 02:58 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 22:27:
This is one area where AI could be a real boon. This can't come soon enough. There are just far too many lazy doctors out there who don't put the effort in. Never a problem for an AI.

Uhm where exactly did you get this insight? Most hospitals I know are always understaffed and it is therefore a little difficult to believe that doctors are lazy.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
24. Re: NVIDIA’s performance improvement per generation has dropped from 70% (pre-2010) to 30% (post-201 Sep 12, 2017, 03:07 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 22:12:
LittleMe wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 18:15:
Agreeing with CJ on this. Diminishing returns have impacted the whole industry. I'm confident we'll see many more gains in the future but for now this is how it is.

It will take a quantum leap to see an impressive gain, which is an ironic turn of phrase given that the technological leap is likely to come from quantum computing.

And that a quantum leap is actually a very, very small leap indeed.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 12, 2017, 02:56 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 23:43:
I hate BMW. They're the official car of assholes everywhere. And with the sole exceptions of the old gull-wing model and some of the ones from the 40s they're just butt ugly cars. I've never understood why anyone would want one - unless they're a status seeking asshole.

Fixed that for you.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Sep 10, 2017, 08:25 yuastnav

Alpha Protocol sounded like a great game, I eventually picked it up on a sale years after release. Unfortunately it was so buggy and broken I couldn't continue after 3 hours.  

News Comments > Arma 3 Laws of War Released
3. Re: Arma 3 Laws of War Released Sep 8, 2017, 02:46 yuastnav

Yay, always like more ARMA3 content... although I haven't played it in a while. Still at this night mission from the second part of the campaign.

They should get onto ARMA4 though

News Comments > Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1
3. Re: Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 Sep 1, 2017, 02:35 yuastnav

I played the original game on day one and played every subsequent episode after it came out. Loved it.

After I read the RPS review I'm not so sure about that one. Maybe if I find myself with too much time (which likely won't happen) I'll play it but right now it looks like I'll hold off. Although I liked the one to two months break between each episode.

News Comments > Rune: Ragnarok Announced
13. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Announced Aug 30, 2017, 03:47 yuastnav

That is some really good news!  

News Comments > Absolver Launches
3. Re: Absolver Launches Aug 30, 2017, 03:46 yuastnav

This actually looks kinda fun to me. I'm not a brawler type of guy but the sort of open-world nature of this appeals to me.

Then again, all I really want is a successor to Little Fighter 2.

I'm not sure whether I'll get this, though. Judging from the RPS review this game is rather short and there aren't that many players. The last thing is going to be alleviated by the launch of the game but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that price for that kind of experience.

1234 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo