Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1078 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1165. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 16, 2016, 06:35 yuastnav

I played yesterday for a couple of hours. After I was almost killed in my Cobra MKIII again I bought a Viper MKIII and outfitted it with some beam lasers and multicannons.

I don't know what happened but I got very lucky. I was flying around Alioth 4 in a RES and managed to make ~1.5 million. It took me between 30 minutes and one hour. The game just kept spawning ships with bounties between 100k and 200k credits. Started off with an anaconda and kept spawning pythons and what not. Used my last bullets to kill another anaconda and then jumped back to Golden Gate.

Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce that same experience and only managed to make about 500 thousand in total in two subsequent runs which cost me 3 hours or so. Spent about 1 of those hours running from an Anaconda with 0% hull and a bounty of 213k. What a shame.

Anyway, I changed my plans. I will now bounty hunt until I can afford a Vulture (just have to find one of those in or around Alioth) and then I will bounty hunt some more to finally get my Asp Explorer. I was thinking about just buying an Asp Scout but people aren't very kind towards that ship.

I'll probably sell my Viper but keep my Cobra. Despite not having any luck with bounty hunting lately it's a trusty ship.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2016, 07:19.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 15, 2016, 14:57 yuastnav

Yes. Yes you should.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 15, 2016, 07:49 yuastnav

If the netflix news is true then that means bye bye Netflix subscription.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
30. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 14:34 yuastnav

Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 05:50:
[...]
Why are we Windows "fanboys"? Easy: because it WORKS!
[...]

Uh huh. I've been using windows for 22 years, Linux for 13. I find Linux so much more comfortable although I basically grew up with Windows. The "it works" mantra is a myth to me, because it really doesn't. I have my fair share of problems with both operating system but in terms of user friendliness and stability I've had a much better experience with Linux than with Windows.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Improves Hit Detection
3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Improves Hit Detection Dec 23, 2015, 18:07 yuastnav

Yeah.

I miss Natural Selection.

18. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 23, 2015, 04:01 yuastnav

InBlack wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 03:24:
Ive gotten pretty far along in the main quest line with Fallout4 as I find the settlement building boring beyond belief. Then again, the Sims make me puke so I guess I just have a general dislike of games that do the whole doll house simulator thing...

Never was much for playing with dolls either when I was a kid, although I did like transformers, model planes and toy cars...

What fascinates me is the simulation of a living world with living creatures that have hobbies, needs etc... that's why I liked Sims 3 and will probably never touch Sims 4. That's also the reason why Dwarf Fortress is so awesome.

I haven't played Fallout 4 but I don't believe that the simulative aspect is very fleshed out.

15. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2015, 12:25 yuastnav

ZeroPike1 wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 09:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 07:23:
Nice try.. Siberia is not in Europe.....

Nice try yourself, its still under Russian law, Which being that I live in Germany, you call Russia part of Europe. Try reading a map sometime.

Well, I also live in Germany and in school they teach you basically what RedEye9 said.

12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2015, 09:23 yuastnav

Rilcon wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 22:25:
FU wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 19:35:
for such a mediocre, down right shitty RPG

Do you get off sexually from making comments like that? I really am curious about what drives so many to just leave derisive comments condemning in absolute terms games (and movies and books and food and anything) that thousands upon thousands clearly appreciate. Is this "hipsters", the whole "I know better than these plebes" thing?

Also, it's either mediocre (ie. average) or shitty (ie. significantly below average).

Is that a dictionary definition?

News Comments > UnderRail Released
5. Re: UnderRail Released Dec 19, 2015, 04:29 yuastnav

Caladell wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 20:25:
I'm finally going to play this. Bought the alpha on Desura...I don't know how many years ago. Tried a couple times as updates came in, but didn't want to play much until it was final.
Now I'm going to check it out. Hope it was worth the wait.

Heh yeah, same here. Wasn't sure but checked Desura yesterday and yep, it's there. I have not a single clue when I bought it but I'm pretty sure it was long before the early access thing on Steam existed and the only way (?) of getting alpha versions of games was on Desura.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
70. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 18, 2015, 09:35 yuastnav

Razumen wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 09:15:
Bub wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 06:33:
Notice how they only hinted that the CGI reel was from ingame, very slick lying craft there.

Proceduraly generated stuff us usually crap-tastic.

Here is how it works:

* have 14 different tile sets
* have 5 different skyboxes
* have 12 different terrain types
* have 8 different fauna types
* have 4 different indigent life forms

Put each set in a different hat, then take one from each and mix, rinse and repeat.

Garbage in, Garbage out. What you get is cookie cutter planets with about as much personality as Dan Quayle.

That's not procedural generation, that's just randomization, you don't really know what you're talking about. There are many games that use PG for great effect.

Well yeah but they are mostly garbage.

You could argue that your universe is procedurally generated since you would need to define all the laws of nature and set some initial condition and then let the universe propagate from that point on. However, it is much, much more complex than anything we were able to make so far.
In my opinion the best looking environments were the ones that were hand-made because you can look at parts of the universe and try to imitate that. If you use an algorithm, on the other hand, it looks quite terrible.

I do not understand how what RSI did so far is impressive. We've seen that all before. Infinity Universe, or whatever it was called, did this like eight years ago or so. Back then it looked awesome. RSI gotta step up their game, hard, if they want to make something awesome.

News Comments > X Rebirth: Home of Light Announced
8. Re: X Rebirth: Home of Light Announced Dec 14, 2015, 17:49 yuastnav

I'm just glad they are going to build a full real full scale X game. I've played Rebirth for only about 15 hours and in my opinion this game is unfixable. Which is why I think it's great they are doing another game, because you'd need to start from scratch to build a real X game.

[edit]
With that said, I've only read rumours on bluesnews about there being a real X game in the future. Where did it come from? I tried to look at the official site and the official forums and haven't found anything.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 14, 2015, 07:24 yuastnav

I admit that I had a lot of doubts they'd be able to reach 5.5 million but I'm really, really glad they did.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released
10. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released Dec 1, 2015, 21:20 yuastnav

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 16:02:
yuastnav wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 11:23:
So how does this compare to Rogue Spear and Raven Shield?

This was a joke question, right?

I just want a modern version of Rogue Spear.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 1, 2015, 15:30 yuastnav

ldonyo wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 11:53:
yuastnav wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 11:25:
It would be really cool if they could reach the 5.5 millions but I strongly doubt that is going to happen.
The $5.5 million is to do a 12-episode season. They've already passed their goal for a six-episode run and $4.4 million to go nine episodes. There are still have 11 days to hit the $5.5 million mark.

I know, but already from the beginning I was sceptical whether a network or something like that would pick it up if it only reached two million to make three episodes. And then Joel mentioned something similar, too.

I'm happy that there are going to be at least six new episodes but I would have loved a revival of MST3K.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 1, 2015, 11:25 yuastnav

It would be really cool if they could reach the 5.5 millions but I strongly doubt that is going to happen.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released
3. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released Dec 1, 2015, 11:23 yuastnav

So how does this compare to Rogue Spear and Raven Shield?  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
99. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 18:35 yuastnav

So is this game as boring as Fallout 3 New Vegas? I skipped Fallout 3 because it looked liked Oblivion with guns and Oblivion didn't get even close to being as fun as Morrowind but people were stoked about F3NV so I gave it a shot and played it for a couple of hours.
Man, I've never missed Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics as much as when I played F3NV. Why did they abandon the isometric look? Not everything has to be 3D all the time, you know. >_> I really wish they didn't go down this route starting with Fallout 3.

Skyrim was okay, though. Had some very, very nice scenery and dragons are always awesome but from what I saw of Fallout 4 it doesn't have anything cool going on for it. Except for Power Armour, which is always awesome if done right, but Warhammer 40k scratches that itch almost as well as Fallout 2.

So I guess what I want to know is: what makes Fallout 4 new and exciting? What makes it fun? I was absolutely not impressed with this whole building gimmick and the companions don't really seem to add anything. So buy or wait for sale (if at all)?

News Comments > Anno 2205 Released
11. Re: Anno 2205 Released Nov 4, 2015, 05:27 yuastnav

I loved 2070 and was looking forward to 2205... until I read the steam reviews. It seems they have taken away much. I really liked the charm of 2070 with the AI, the ark, the factions, the voting etc.

I'm not sure whether I'm going to enjoy 2205, so I guess I'll buy it on a sale, which is a shame.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
13. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 2, 2015, 06:18 yuastnav

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 09:37:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 21:55:
Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 21:20:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 20:58:
Yes, were would the society be without hate speech panels! Biting

Spoken like an SJW.
Rolleyes
I had to look this up, it's either ...Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf... or A social justice warrior (...does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of...). Wut? You couldn't possibly believe I don't care about the Bruised, Battered and Beaten or the Tormented, Terrorized and Tortured. I know your far too smart. Amazed

So, I'm guessing you made a hilariously funny joke and it went over my head. On the other hand, if you really believe I'm a SJW (stupid name, who ever came up with this must be a real hoot at parties) then you need to actually read the definition or you need to make up a new one. Giggle

If you believe a male never has a right to act as a male, [...]

What does that even mean.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies
19. Re: Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies Oct 24, 2015, 08:00 yuastnav

Game was good, ending was stupid.

Hope they'll make more but with a better story. Would back their next project.

On the other hand, I'm currently in the last third of Divinity Original Sin and I like the combat system way more.

1078 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo