Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yuastnav

Real Name yuastnav   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 25, 2010, 15:17
Total Comments 1085 (Pro)
User ID 55800

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Samorost 3 Next Month
5. Re: Samorost 3 Next Month Feb 27, 2016, 07:35 yuastnav

Totally agree with all previous posters. Really looking forward to this.

Loved Samorost 1, 2, Machinarium and Botanicula.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Ranked Season One Begins
7. Re: Dirty Bomb Ranked Season One Begins Feb 26, 2016, 07:24 yuastnav

I liked the game. I liked the gameplay and the shooting.
I absolutely detested the pay2win aspect which drove me off this game. Shame.

Oh well, will just wait for Overwatch to come out.

News Comments > Shadwen Demo; Playing Lowers Game's Price
11. Re: Shadwen Demo; Playing Lowers Game's Price Feb 26, 2016, 07:17 yuastnav

Love Frozenbyte's game. Unfortunately I don't have time to try the demo.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
13. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 26, 2016, 07:16 yuastnav

X Rebirth will never be a good game. At least not good in terms of the previous games. The game has been changed too fundamentally and you'd have to revert things on a very low level.
The basis of the game is just much more different from the other games, i.e. when it comes to building stations and managing fleets etc.

I still hope the rumours are true about how there is going to be a real X game in the future that is basically an upgrade of X3AP.

News Comments > SUPERHOT Released
11. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 26, 2016, 07:14 yuastnav

It has taken me about two hours to finish the main story line, which means this game is not overly long, but it's just so damn good that it's absolutely worth the price. These two hours have been a blast and I'm looking forward to the other challenges.

Unfortunately I have to boot up my Windows partition. At least it runs fine on my laptop.

News Comments > Deponia Doomsday Next Week
5. Re: Deponia Doomsday Next Week Feb 26, 2016, 07:09 yuastnav

Wow, I didn't know there are people who like it.
I'm not trying to be an ass, it's just that I found this game (at least the first one) to be utter and absolute garbage since none of the puzzles made any god damn sense and I've been fantasizing about ways to kill the player character in the most disturbing and gruesome way the entire time I've been playing the game, especially when he opened hist stupid trap.

It was one of the worst games I've ever played and from what I could gather the sequels were the same in that respect. Guess it's just not my kind of game.

News Comments > Jay and Silent Bob Game Crowdfunding
5. Re: Jay and Silent Bob Game Crowdfunding Feb 24, 2016, 04:00 yuastnav

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 20:18:
Sadly it seems like most of Kevin Smith's work has disappointed since he made the move to full 'wake and bake' mode. Sad decline of someone who is very gifted...

Yeah... :/

I also didn't get this transition to horror movies. Zack and Miri was his last movie I watched. I wonder how Mallrats 2 and Clerks 3 are going to turn out.

News Comments > CONSORTIUM: The Tower Crowdfunding Intermission
9. Re: CONSORTIUM: The Tower Crowdfunding Intermission Feb 20, 2016, 08:01 yuastnav

007Bistromath wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 04:14:
Bugs and long load times are self-evident and are definitely not a matter of opinion.
[...]

Well yes, if you live in a fantastical world where the world "long" does not denote a subjective impression then the loading times are long. On the other hand the loading times are short at the same time so let's leave that fantastical world and come back to reality, you know, the world where us adults live, shall we Mr. Bistromat?
I for one, in my subjective opinion, did not find the loading times to be overly long. On the other hand I played Gothic 3 where loading the game took 4 minutes so it might be a matter of that I've been around the block for a longer time.

[...]
The awkward physical interactions are also not subjective,
[...]

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Looks like someone was watching TotalBiscuit a bit too much. Let us look at what the word "subjective" actually means.

sub·jec·tive

adj.
a. Dependent on or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world: "The sensation of pain is a highly subjective experience that varies by culture as well as by individual temperament and situation" (John Hoberman).
b. Based on a given person's experience, understanding, and feelings; personal or individual: admitted he was making a highly subjective judgment.
[...]

Now the last one is the key here. It implies that how someone sees something relates purely entirely to that one person. Now in science or in mathematics the truth is a consensus agreed upon by the scientific community, for an example. And once such a consensus is established you can deduce objective truths based on that consensus. However, something like that is much more difficult when it comes to, say, how one finds physical interactions.

[...]
although it is granted that much of what is considered good UI is a matter of convention. The combat is, objectively and without doubt, bullet spongy. My claim that it is reductive is also not reasonably a matter of debate; the tactical situations you are presented with in CONSORTIUM are very limited, intentionally so, and the enemy AI is clearly primitive.
[...]

Which is why everything you have stated is a purely subjective matter and there are clearly people who enjoyed that game, such as myself.

[...]
Effectively the only thing in my post that was a matter of opinion was my statement that it was boring and that it was superlative in that respect.
[...]

That, my friend, is a purely subjective hypothesis.

So please, just stop. I'm embarrassed for both of us.

News Comments > More Free CONSORTIUM
6. Re: More Free CONSORTIUM Feb 12, 2016, 03:11 yuastnav

007Bistromath wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 02:15:
Overon wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 21:51:
Jerykk wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 19:20:
It's sad that the Kickstarter for the sequel isn't going to make it. I enjoyed the first game and the follow-up looks great. Hopefully they manage to secure funding through other means.
Agreed. This seems like a labor of love.
The writing is a labor of love.

The software is a trainwreck. They should be writing novels.

I played it last month and had only few problems with it. Was a cool game.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 11, 2016, 03:13 yuastnav

Played it last month, it was really awesome.

I hope the sequel is going to happen in one form or another.

News Comments > etc.
3. ‘The Division’ PC Version ‘Kept In Check’ With Consoles, Would Be ‘Unfair’ Per Developer. Feb 8, 2016, 11:20 yuastnav

Uh oh, sounds like there is going to be an opening for a new developer for the division soon.

[edit]
So uh what is the logic exactly behind that. Let's say the PC version would be graphically superior, as it should be, to the console version and people would know about it. Would that make people, who play on the console, less likely to buy this game? Because that is the only reason that's not absolutely asinine to downgrade the PC version.
And if it was a good game people would buy it regardless, either on consoles or on the PC so Ubisoft would keep the same amount of sales.

I just don't get this.

News Comments > Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups
20. Re: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups Feb 5, 2016, 06:17 yuastnav

Rhialto wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 20:48:
Anyone else frustrated it won't be on Steam?

Wait, what? Well, that sucks. :/
Guess I'm not going to play it then.

News Comments > Xenonauts 2 Announced
7. Re: Xenonauts 2 Announced Feb 4, 2016, 07:15 yuastnav

Yaaay, more Xenonauts!  

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
1. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 3, 2016, 10:00 yuastnav

"We said this simple thing - “Why don't we change Godus into a RTS style game with God-game capabilities and landscape modification, a RTS game with a huge amount of variation and power, the ability to approach each battle in a different way?”

Uh, you mean like Populous? Like the game people originally wanted? Good for you, Pete, good for you...

News Comments > GRIP Early Access
4. Re: GRIP Early Access Feb 3, 2016, 03:35 yuastnav

It's the first time I hear about this and when I heard "combat racing" it didn't sound appealing. But this actually looks fun. The trailer looks good. Really reminds me of P.O.D. for some reason. Was a great game.  

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Rolls Out
11. Re: American Truck Simulator Rolls Out Feb 3, 2016, 03:33 yuastnav

I happily bought this game when it came out yesterday. Unfortunately I will not be able to play it for the next few weeks. :/
In fact I don't know when I'll be able to play at all.

Two states and two trucks? Didn't know that. On the other hand I don't mind at all. There will probably be more trucks in the future and two states seem reasonable.

Also I like the sound of the scaling of the maps.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2016, 10:48 yuastnav

nin wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 09:57:
Why you might want to think twice about getting your wisdom teeth removed.

I have a dentist who asks me almost every time I'm in about them. And I tell him as long as they're not causing an issue (I've had one removed, due to problems with the tooth in front of it) they're staying in place.

Heh yeah. I'm originally from East Europe and have been living in Germany for most of my life and it was weird because in the countries like Greece, Russia, Ukraine etc. it's not a common practice to pull the wisdom teeth, only if it's an emergency and here in Germany almost everyone I talk to had his wisdom teeth pulled out at one point.

Man, I'm keeping mine. As long as they don't cause any issues they'll just stay right where they are.

News Comments > SUPERHOT This Month
1. Re: SUPERHOT This Month Feb 1, 2016, 10:45 yuastnav

Woah, Superhot on the 25th and Stardew Valley on the 26th. And American Truck Simulator is going to come out soon.

Unfortunately this month is quite busy for me and I'm going on a conference next month. How do I find the time? :/

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Preorders; Trailer
10. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Preorders; Trailer Jan 28, 2016, 07:49 yuastnav

InBlack wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 02:36:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 12:34:
[

I'm hopeful about Space Hulk: Spacewing....

You mean Space Hulk: Deathwing? There has been no news on that for ages now, I fear it may be in serious trouble....

Oh yeah, that's the one.
Well, they did post a facebook update a couple of days ago. However, no ingame pics. That is what's bothering me a bit.

News Comments > Cossacks 3 Video
1. Re: Cossacks 3 Video Jan 27, 2016, 12:37 yuastnav

Looks good. Looks just like Cossacks only with modern graphics. Makes me happy.  

1085 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo